2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I agree with all the 1 ratings. If I could rate -0- I would. Worst lipstick I've ever tried. Bleeds MORE than drug store brands. And they claim they give to good causes? where's that info? DON'T BUY THESE LIPSTICKS!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a month ago

Buyer beware! The product is a hoax. Colors are lovely but based on the claims it’s doesn’t bleed was the real reason I purchased 3 tubes. Have worn all 3 that arrived 2 days ago. All 3 bleed and do not stay on. One kiss and it was off. A 30 minute conversation and my lips felt naked. Please know the claims are to good to be true. Wish I had gone with my gut as any reputable company stands behind their products. This company sadly does not. Zero return policy and shame on me for not digging deeper into that. When I reached out the were not willing to do anything ☹️. If you are considering making a purchase wanted you to know so you don’t make the same expensive mistake I did.

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

a month ago

I spent over $75 on a package of five lipsticks. One arrived broken, another broke after using once, and the colors are not properly represented in their website. What I am most upset about is that they do not accept refunds “due to the nature of their products”. What in the world does that mean? You will notice that their site only shows five-star reviews. They did not publish mine, which was one star. The BBB gives them a poor rating, and Color the World apparently would not respond to them.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBrown

from

a month ago

I spent almost $50 on these lipsticks, and it was a huge mistake. The lipsticks are much smaller than standard size ones produced by established brands. The packaging is the cheapest paper disguised in colorful patterns printed on them. The pigment in these products doesn't last for more than a few minutes and requires a constant touch up. Annoying. There is no return and exchange. And worst of all: The only way to leave a review on the company's website by getting a specific invitation from them via email. If your review is negative, it is filtered out and will not show up on the website. At that, the company makes you believe that its products are excellent. Nothing can be further from the truth. I should have been more critical of seeing only positive reviews on the company website prior to making a purchase. It was a serious red flag at plain sight. I am very sorry to have purchased from Color The World Lipsticks. It was a waste of money on garbage, produced by a company with questionable intentions and practice.

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 months ago

WHAT A SHAM! They should be ashamed of themselves for only allowing/putting 5 star reviews on their site. They've probably paid folks to write those. These lipsticks are WAY overpriced for what they are, and smaller than average lipsticks by the way. They are NOT smooth or creamy at all, and feel like rubbing cold wax on my lips, pretty much like using a crayon as someone else said. I can barely get any color on my lips from them. I unfortunately bought two different ones, and I regret that money being thrashed; these are pure garbage. I've done better at the $1 store. They don't allow returns at all, probably because they'd be getting 90% of their items back for false advertising and lousy products. And I don't believe their claim of "giving back" so much either.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 months ago

I find these lipsticks do not go into my lip lines. They have decent staying power and then fade fairly uniformly. I wouldn't call them moisturizing, but they don't dry out my lips, and these days, that's something. I haven't loved every color I've gotten, so one lippie off for a poor return policy. Frankly, though, I rarely find myself returning products in this price range anyhow (I catch these lipsticks on sale). Southern Red is a standout for me - bright but wearable red with just enough brick so my cool-colored lips don't turn it pink. I also like GNO, which is more of a russet/brick red, though I use a lighter hand. Huntress may be a nice pinky-nude for some, but it's just a bit too warm and light for me, a problem I've had with their nude/pink lipsticks (and, to be fair, most pink/nude lipsticks).

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 months ago

Oh how I wanted to love this lipstick. Their ads were so convincing that this lippie was perfect for "aging" lips. I even bought seven shades and all were disappointing. First of all, the lipstick is very drying. That is a huge negative for me. Secondly, the shades are very light on pigment and the color does not last. I like the eco-friendly packaging but that's about it. Definitely will not purchase again.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

2 months ago

I purchased the color FLAWLESS pink tone Lipstick is very moisturizing and feels good on the lips. I'm 62 and have deep lines in my lips. This lipstick does not make my lines look more noticeable as some lipsticks do. Love the packaging!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium

2 months ago

Purchased southern Red..it was not creamy but drier. It makes the creases in my lips more noticeable and it doesn't glide on easily. turned more pink on my lips. They won't honor returns. The whole charity thing is probably a sham as well. I left a review that was never posted to their site. They only seem to approve good reviews which is quite deceptive. Maybe I'll contact the consumer affairs dept or BBB.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

from

2 months ago

Gee, so many negative reviews--But I've had a positive experience with their lipstick. I have the color Irresistible, which is a very unique "darker earthy blush with a shimmer, it has hues of mauve, pink and brown." I'm a fair-skinned, blue-eyed 60-year-old, and took a risk purchasing this color as I wasn't sure the color would work on me. However, it is absolutely beautiful. Fairly moisturizing for a lipstick, doesn't feather (just like they say on their website--great for older lips). I bought Irresistible last year during their Cyber Sale (Black Friday) for $11 and free shipping. This year, I purchased another--the color Flawless. I agree, it is a bummer that this company doesn't do little lippie samples or something--and allow returns--but for the sale price point, and the quality of the product, I have no complaints. Love Irresistible, and I hope I love Flawless as much when it arrives.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral