2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Honestly I’m surprised at the negative reviews... guys let me break it down for you: it’s a vegan, hand poured, natural lipstick. This is not like a high end ABH matte liquid lipstick... NO, it’s not going to last all day and all night long. No, it’s not going to give you extreme ultra pigmented color. It’s creamy, and has many waxes acting as an emollient, making it glide smoothly on the lips. When you order, it literally comes with a card that has the ingredients listed. The colors are neutral, which ARE great for the aging female , and great for professionals looking for something to give a pop of color, without being so committed. I personally haven’t had any issues with the lipstick- no feathering, no bleeding, no problems. I’m aware others might not feel the same, just putting my two cents out there like the rest of them. I am 30, fair-medium complexion, living in the sunshine state. 4 stars for overall rating. Great color choices, hydrating (to ME), and great causes! I bought these on a discount, at around $14/lipstick. I own Huntress & Rosé. It’s a little pricey for the lipsticks without the sale, but when you consider it’s HAND POURED & eco friendly packaging AND a portion of proceeds go to a great cause... I’ll gladly put my money into it. For two lipsticks, I paid roughly $30 with free shipping. Huntress helps animals find homes from the shelter & rosé helps the sea turtles. Just giving a REALISTIC review on some awesome cruelty free & vegan cosmetic wear. If you’re looking for long lasting, matte & highly pigmented colors- don’t look here.

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

a month ago

The packaging is cute and the causes are worthwhile but the product did not work for me at all. The color swatches do not match the color on my lips and the formula did not moisturize. I chose Huntress because it looked to be the most natural looking color but on my lips it turns very pink. Since it’s a non refundable product I just hope part of the money I spent went to help dogs find homes.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairGrey

a month ago

Do not waste your money! I bought a 3-pack of the neutral tones lipstick. Cardboard outer cases. When you turn lipstick up/down it always leaves some on the edge. I also believe the lipstick is broken at the bottom of the case. I've used one of them about 3-4 times. It is not smooth! And it does "bleed" from bottom lip. Final cost for the 3 including shipping? $50. Wow. Also I left a review - not a good one - and do not see it anywhere on their page. All the photos, videos. It is a load of crap, believe me! They are making a killing. My Revlon/LOreal/Burts Bees brands are SO MUCH better. Lol, Yes, I am mildly angry at myself that I was bamboozled with all the "natural/organic" talk and for 'aging women' crap. No, I cannot prove/unprove the 'natural' qualities advertisements. That does not matter. This company stinks and their product does also.

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairGrey

EyesGray

a month ago

I ordered Southern Red. It is true red, moist and lasts all day without feathering unless I eat greasy food. It shows up well on my NC 30 skin. I passed up light, nude and soft colors that don't show up olive skin. Perhaps that's the reason for all the complaints here? I would not hesitate to buy again as long as the color was clear, bright or deep. I didn't have a bad experience. I received it in a week. I live near Chicago.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

a month ago

Shame on me for not checking Makeupalley for reviews of this lipstick before purchasing. This lipstick is GARBAGE! The colors are drab and lame. Rose Petal=blah. Surf Berry=even more blah. NOTHING like pictured. They feel gross on my lips and make them feel irritated and chapped. Be warned! Never again will I order something off my FB feed without researching it.

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

2.0

a month ago

I purchased this from an ad on FB and it will be THE last product I purchase from an ad on Facebook. Glowing, awesome reviews, everyone 'loves' it. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I purchased a shade from this company that is nearly identical to another lipstick that I love - I thought I would try this product. Shipping was super fast. I like the packaging, it is thick cardboard and pretty. I purchased 'Flawless' and when it arrived, I put it on, very excited to get this product. I was appalled to discover it was the color I've seen on bodies in a casket - that is NO joke - in color AND the 'flatness' of the color. Then, even more appalling, was the fact that it turned a purplish color within the hour. I tried to take it off, and it would mostly come off but left a pink stain. The lipstick did NOT stay on, it shifted to go around the outer part of my lips - it did not stay put on my lips. Do not believe the shining reviews on Facebook. I wish I would have checked into reviews before purchasing this junk. Straight into the trash. I reviewed on their page but surprise, surprise, my review is gone. Someone else wanted to return theirs, and her review is gone too.

SkinNormal, Olive

EyesBlue

a month ago

So disappointed! Cakes - smears - then disappears...

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

a month ago

If there was a zero I would have used it . I just received my package of 3 total cost in Canadian funds $70.00 for three tubes of coloured wax. Colours are not even remotely close to the chart and after it has been on for a bit your lips look like you have been eating red popsicles all day. Do not order this product . Mine are in the garbage pail. The ads are all totally false ..Its a scam

HairBlond

a month ago

I just received my package of three lipsticks after anticipating beautiful colors. Yesterday I received the package and the colors ALL looked the same - a MUDDY compilations of deathly awful colors. The colors are THOROUGHLY misrepresented and awful. I should have gone to a dollar store and gotten the lipsticks. Their marketing is exceptional in that it is all a total lie! the lipsticks are INCREDIBLY ugly and drying. I suggest that NO ONE consider buying these lipsticks. They will not exchange NOR refund! It is a pitiful scam. I JUST took another look at the illustrated colors and not ONE of them looks AT ALL like the website representation. DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS on this brand!

HairSilver

EyesGreen

a month ago

I opened an account just so I could review these lipsticks. I'd been toying with the idea of buying them for a while, I'm 60 years old and don't wear much makeup except for lipstick. I can't put on eye makeup very well (even with a magnifying mirror) but I can apply lipstick! The Color the World website looked/sounded so good--lipsticks for women over 40, some of the profits go to good causes, cruelty-free, natural & organic ingredients, etc. Perfect, right? I got the Fan Favorite Bundle (which was on sale) and ordered the Vegan Lip Treatment, the total amount with shipping/handling was almost $85. Right after ordering them I went online for reviews. Of course, their website has nothing but glowing reviews for the product. Then I went on MakeupAlley and found almost all negative reviews. I was so mad at myself for even ordering these lipsticks after reading the reviews by angry customers. I'm on a tight budget and this make-up was a X-mas present for myself. $85 is a lot of money for me (and for lipstick in general). They took a week to arrive despite the fact that it was mailed from Morrisville, NC (I'm in the RDU area) and I thought I'd get it sooner. I was hoping that the lipsticks surpassed my now low expectations. They didn't. Packaging is cardboard and cheap, the colors were darker than I expected--and I don't wear dark lipstick, it looks so harsh on me. Bright, yes; dark, no. The colors sure don't match up to what was on the website. I applied one of the lighter colors, was not impressed, the texture is between that of a matte and regular lipstick, color is blah. I'll try the other ones later but I have a feeling I'm going to hate them, they're just too dark. Haven't tried the lip treatment stick yet, hopefully it won't be too bad, but lip balm is cheaper. I'd ask for a refund if I knew the company would give one. . . . . Don't waste your money, ladies. . . . .