2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I thought that trying these lipsticks while supporting the company's cause was a good idea. It was not! The lipsticks don't last when worn, don't match the colors indicated on the website, and don't have anything special to them that would explain the high price. There is no "trying" these products, per se. There is no return or exchange. The customer representative used a language with me to the effect of "sucks to be you." She offered me a $3 discount for my next purchase, which of course, was unacceptable because I do not wish to support this company any longer. I am very sorry to have fallen for this product. A great marketing approach on their part, I did find the charity initiative of the company enticing and captivating. If one is happy with a purchase, the donation to a charity per lipstick color sounds awesome. (They don't say how much the charity contribution is, though. They claim it to be substantial, but now, based on my negative experience with the company, I would like to know the actual percentage of charity donation per purchase.) I do think that the company is only after profit. If your product satisfaction is low or non-existent, the method of contributing to a charitable cause blindly no longer seems personally fulfilling. One can donate to a charity directly, as opposed to sending money to a company whose product is sub-par yet pricey. What is the point of charity contribution by a company that at the same time firehoses the customers from which the money has originated?! On one hand, they do a noble deed, but on the other hand, they do evil. The company claims on their website that "Our dream is to set a new example for how the corporate culture gives back." In fact, if your product satisfaction is not met, all the company is doing is showing how to screw customers over. Instead of giving back, they take away your money and run with it. They could not care less whether you are satisfied with their product and service. In addition, they are deceptive because they take negative comments off their website. Their representative was pretty clear about that when responding to my concerns. I wish there will be a lawsuit emerging against this company. They are the perfect equivalent of the deceptive car salesman. They only care about making a single sale transaction with you and with as many people as possible. If you are happened to be happy with your purchase, you can remain a customer. If you, on the other hand, feel you have been wronged by the company, they have no intention to make things better and make you into a long-term happy and satisfied customer. I am so utterly disappointed in the products, company rep's behavior, and customer service. Color: Rose Adding this comment anew: I just tried to leave a review on the company's website. The opportunity to do so is not available to me even when I am logged into my account and my purchase is verified. I don't know if anyone experiences the review feature hidden, but I do think that you can only leave a review on the company's website if you are happy with your purchase. I can read other people's reviews there, but I can't add mine. How shady! This company only publishes the best reviews. They prevent the rest from appearing. That is what the company rep meant when she said that she will notify their social media team of my intention (of leaning non-complimentary review). Wow!

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 months ago

I love these lipsticks! I was unsure about trying them due to the negative reviews here - I’m so glad I ordered! I initially purchased 3 shades a few weeks ago, then today received 2 more that I purchased a few days ago. I found the shades to be true to the colors on their website. This lipstick is so creamy, glides on so smoothly, and doesn’t dry out my lips. I like that the product is buildable, so I can decide how intensely I want to wear each shade. The finish is a semi-matte. Without lip primer I need to reapply after a few hours or after eating/drinking, but after using primer (I use Urban Decay Ozone) this lipstick will stay much longer. I like that the product is cruelty-free and the company donates a certain amount of proceeds to worthy causes. I chose a variety of shades and love them all: Huntress, GNO (Girls Night Out), Southern Red, Dreamer, and Empowered (which is my “everyday” shade). I will definitely be ordering more in the future.

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairGrey

EyesBrown

3 months ago

The color did not match what I ordered. It did have a fairly good texture but did not stay in my lip line. I've had better lipsticks with Revlon or Maybelline at half the price.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

3 months ago

I bought the lipsticks (and night time moisturizer) and just received them yesterday. I was a bit worried as I read all these negative reviews AFTER I made the purchase, but so far, I really like the products. I am fair skinned and I grabbed Independent and Pump It up. I just put on the Independent and have been wearing it for about an hour and the color is holding up well. It went on smooth (which i really like) and its a typical lipstick, you need to reapply it or wear a lip gloss to keep it from drying up. All lipsticks do this and I'm not sure why all the complaints. I prefer a lipstick to go on smoothly as I have more "designer" lipsticks that you need some sort of chapstick to put it on first. I like that these are vegan, animal cruelty free and part of the proceeds go to a good cause. If you're looking for a lipstick that is guilt free, I would recommend these. On a side note, I bought the nighttime moisturizer and I like it. I put it on last night and my face isn't dry and it smells pleasant. Again, a guilty free purchase where no animals were harmed.

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

4 months ago

I joined the forum to rate this product since you can't truthfully do so on their site. I bought a triple set, Strong Women Pack, and the colors look nothing like the website. I received two that are very light pink, that looks almost white when applied, and the third is a muddy mauve that is okay, but not what I expected. The consistency is terrible. It's like trying to apply a crayon! I had to put on a primer just to get it to glide on my lips. I didn't touch up to see how long it would last because within a few hours my lips were actually starting to peel they were so dry so I ended up having to just apply Chapstick. I should have suspected when there were only 5star reviews on the site. Glad they're worried about the environment, animal testing, and nature, but they forgot one important thing—their customers.

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

4 months ago

I think the packaging of this lipstick is really cute. I bought "Mint to Be" lip treatment which is a good chap stick by itself. But I don't think $9 is a good price for chap stick. I also bought "Dragon Fruit" and the lip color is a lot lighter and brighter than the color looked online. I like it OK, but it's not really what I wanted. It feels really nice on at first but then it starts to really dry out my lips and make them feel chapped. I bought this lipstick specifically because it said that it was formulated for 40-60 year old women. Guess what, we have dry lips and this lipstick doesn't help. And everyone is right about the reviews on their website, they are not honest.I won't purchase from this company again.

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

5 months ago

I felt the colors, at least the two I purchased, were as pictured on their website. There is less product than other lipsticks I've purchased from other brands, but Color The World often has discounts and you is an extremely good value.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBrunette

5 months ago

It can only be bought online. The beautiful colors represented online are not what is delivered. When I received the colors that I ordered by color name, but realized that they looked much different in person, I tried to return some. The company would take them back. I was surprised because, almost all makeup is returnable. So, I was stuck. I complained on their Facebook page and they cut me off from ever commenting again. That is why you see mostly/all great comments on their FB........they bar people from complaining! 😡😡😡. Glad that I can write a review here.

SkinNormal, Fair

HairGrey

5 months ago

Colors do not match descriptions. What's super annoying about this is that the company actually describes the colors in words and still gets the color wrong. I tried three different colors and all were disappointing and not as described. (I'm used to being mislead by photos but if someone says a color is coral, I expect coral!) The containers are cute but the lipstick itself is not long lasting or anything special. The company does NOT accept returns (even though their descriptions are faulty). Warning: don't be mislead by their claim to fund a percentage of sales to particular charities. Without details it could be a penny for every 100 lipsticks sold.

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesBrown

5 months ago

I purchased this brand after seeing so many wonderful reviews online. I love the idea of this product, small batch and a portion of the purchase going to support a charity. I do love the packaging, the paper tube is pretty and more eco-friendly than other products but that’s where my love stops. The lipstick is NOT lightweight as other reviewers said - it was chalky and heavy feeling. Also the color, which is supposed to light up us older complexions, totally washed me out. It was so bad I wiped it off before I left the bathroom and threw it away. Since all of the reviews on their website are only the positive ones, I wanted to leave an honest review somewhere before to present the other side.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium