ColourPop Pressed powder eyeshadow palette - Yes, Please!

ColourPop Pressed powder eyeshadow palette - Yes, Please!
Pressed powder eyeshadow palette - Yes, Please!Pressed powder eyeshadow palette - Yes, Please!

4.6

on 6/13/2018 7:48:00 AM

I bought this palette on a whim, I had never tried anything from Colourpop before and I just love this palette. Its a petite little palette and so it fits perfectly in my make up bag. It doesn't include a mirror which might bother some people but personally I don't mind this so much as many of my other products have mirrors so its really no hassle to me. The colours are nicely pigmented, I apply all shadows over my tarte shape tape without setting powder and it makes the colours extra vibrant. I had no issues blending even over the unset concealer so they are very blendable. There is some fallout so i recommend doing eyes before face. The shimmers are gorgeous in this palette, I didn't even need fix plus to dampen them to get a super strong shimmery look. For the price I 100% recommend. I have bought another Colourpop palette (Double Entendre) today because I rate this one so much x

on 5/31/2018 11:29:00 AM

I absolutely love this palette! I've had a hard time finding warm coloured eyeshadows that show well on my skin, but all of these colours are SOOOO pigmented and show up just as they appear in the actual palette. The pots aren't as large as I'd like, but I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, so it's enough product to last me a while. I would definitely repurchase this and certainly recommend it to people to try out. I created two different looks with this palette and you can watch here:

on 3/10/2018 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Packaging is as always cute but it gets a bit dirty with time. The shadows are wonderfully pigmented although just because of that they are to be put with a wise hand, I found that you can easily go over board with it. I love the coloring of the palette, every time I use it I fall into a sunset look theme that I love each and every time. I loved the foiled gold shade that I believe is called “cake batter”. I’d recommend this to makeup lovers and non-picky artsy people :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Yes, please! palette is Colourpop's version of the Natasha Denona Sunset palette, and it contains 12 shades of eyeshadow, in three different finishes; Full-Zip [matte warm ivory], Big Cocktails [matte orange], Champs [matte pale peachy nude], Bling [metallic rust], Louie [metallic duochrome red with a gold flip], Butter Cake [metallic pale yellow gold], Spoiled [matte brick red], Gno [matte burnt orange], Mischief [matte warm yellow], Note to Self [matte warm caramel], Chauffeur [metallic duochrome bright orange with a gold flip] and French Kiss [matte medium chocolate brown].

This is a palette where I can say that I love and use every single shade that is in it - such a flattering and eyecatching selection of red, orange and yellow golden-hour tones. You can make a variety of complete-look-in-one-palette looks with this palette, that go all the way from tamer 'everyday' desk looks to full-on party glam. The formula quality is great, soft feeling, richly pigmented, no problems with blending, no colour-fade and no creasing.

There is some fallout, but that has never been a problem for me so long as the shadows apply and wear well - all pigmented shadows are softer and have some fallout. The shadow pans are smaller then Colourpop's single shadows, but that is reflected in the cost ($16 for 12 pans, versus $4 per individual shadow). I've got zero complaints or niggles with this palette; the colours are beautiful, the formula quality is great and the price of the product & international shipping rate is fantastic. I highly reccomend checking it out.

on 3/2/2018 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Sold it. It's super powdery. Reminds me a lot of the cheap 88 palettes you can get on Ebay.

on 3/2/2018 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

LOVE this palette so very, very much. The price is right and the product itself is very high quality. These shadows perform as well as (and much better, in many cases) high end eyeshadows and it has quickly climbed the ranks to become one of my favorites of all time.

The shimmers are uber metallic and pigmented, they feel and apply like butter. The mattes are powdery but they blend amazingly so I don't care about that at all. They're also very smooth. They're definitely more of a buildable pigmentation on my medium/tan skin tone, as opposed to the shimmers which are instant gratification pigment (applied wet they're in a class of their own). I don't mind the colors being buildable, depending on my mood. Some days I'm like, "Wow, reaaally wish this showed up better on my skin tone right away." Other days I'm like, "So glad these shades aren't super intense right out of the gate, they're perfect for an every day look." So, it really depends on what you're into.

I will say, the matte yellow is the ONLY good matte yellow I've ever used. Most don't evens how up on my skin tone. This one is vibrant and beautiful and doesn't blend away to nothing. The yellow/orange duochrome is one of the most unique eyeshadows I've ever laid my eyes on. The dark brown is a tiny bit patchy, but I find that most super dark colors can be. It's nothing that isn't workable. The red is one of the best I've ever used.

Some cons:

-The packaging get stained and dirty so easily (especially since the mattes kick up so much) and there's really no recovering it to its original state. It's something you kind of just have to live with.

-Definitely more suited to fair skin. Their isn't a good matte setting powder for my skin tone, I have to mix. Which brings me to my next point

- The cream color and the very light peach color are oddly heavy. Strange word choice to describe a powder eyeshadow, but, that's what they are. They're soft as h*ck to the touch, yet when i apply them all over my eye as a light base color, they almost build up and skip on themselves because they're so thick and creamy. They create small creases on my lid. They also make my eyes look/feel very dry and can make my eyeshadow skip and get patchy if I overdo it. I just make sure to use a light hand. This has never happened to me before, so I found it noteworthy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This and the other two ColourPop palettes I picked up before New Years have been all I've wanted to play with for weeks. Don't let the price fool you, these eyeshadows are beautiful, pigmented, they blend well, and they are definitely comparable to high end brands. I don't need more mirrors, and I actually like cardboard packaging because it's usually slimmer, so to me the packaging is #CUTEAF, as the lid implies. But these may not be the most travel friendly.

Now down to the nitty gritty- the mattes are very creamy and blendable, slight fallout in the pan but nothing to worry about. The mattes are on par with MAC and better than the BareMinerals Ready formula. The shimmers are also gorgeous, with great pigmentation, little fall out, and they apply true to shade on my lids. I prefer to apply their super shock and pressed glitter or shimmers with my finger, but this could be hard for those with long nails. The cheapy foam applicators in drugstore makeup can work in a pinch.

I really love that the warm tones in this work on fairer skin, and so far I've created several very different looks with this. This palette works very well paired with ColourPop's "You Had Me At Hello". The color Champs from this palette has been my favorite transition shade even when I'm using other eyeshadows and I hope that it's available again soon in a single. I'm not kidding when I say that I'm waiting for their next sale to get a few other palettes!

on 12/13/2017 10:02:00 PM

Beautiful warm palette which can be used to create neutral or dramatic looks. Shadows are buttery smooth, pigmented, and last all day. These shadows are no different than my MAC or ABH shadows. Given the number of shadows you get in this palette, the $16 price tag is amazing. It's small so great for travel too.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great pigmentation, great blendability, amazing value! If you like warm shades this is a great palette either as an add in or as a stand alone.

on 11/12/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very creamy and pigmented formula. Very easy to blend as well. The matte shades are very vibrant, the metallics are quite sheer but works very nicely as a topper over matte shades. The packaging is also very cute and it feels very sturdy and compact.