W7 Banana Dreams Loose Powder

Banana Dreams Loose Powder

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients:Talc,Mica (Pigment),Silica (Viscosity Control),Octyl Palmitate (Solvent,Fragrance, Synthetic ester, Emollient )Octyldodecanol (Solvent,Fragrance,Emulsifier)Paraffinum Liquidum (Solvent‧Antistatic),Kaolin, CI 77891(Pigment,Sunscreen)CI 77491 (Pigment),CI 77492 (Pigment),CI 77499 (Pigment)Phenoxyethanol (Preservative) This product is Vegan and Cruelty Free

on 9/18/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this loose powder from Marshalls in Canada for $9.00 The loose powder came in a box and included a synthetic powder brush. The container has 0.70oz / 20g worth of product.

This product is a loose powder used for baking and highlighting the under eyes, middle of the forehead, chin, and the bridge of your nose. You can also use this powder to highlight your brow bone to emphasize your groomed brows.

The product is a finely milled translucent powder with a pale yellow tone. Containing silica, Banana Dreams is the ideal product for setting make-up, camouflaging undertones and contouring without giving off a cakey look. The powder can be used under the eyes for highlighting purposes as well as the T- Zone.

The versatile banana shade suits skin ranging from medium to olive toned skin. It softly and subtly color corrects the redness and dark/brown undertones, as well as neutralizes dark under eye circles.

I would avoid this color if you are fair (it will make you look ashy).

My review of the banana dreams loose powder is pretty straight forward. The powder is fine and can be used wet and dry. The price is very affordable and comes with a brush. I normally apply and bake my under eyes, chin, forehead, and the bridge of my nose using a damp beauty blender and a generous amount of the powder. After a few minutes of baking (3-5 mins) I brush off the excess powder using the synthetic brush it comes with. There is no clumps and patchiness/cakeyness when I remove the excess powder. The bristles of the brush is soft and can easily be washed using a brush cleanser or dish soap. So far it has not fallen apart (thumbs up for that). The powder package/box doesn't have the word setting powder written on it; but I still use it as a setting powder and had no problems with cakeyness. After using for a few weeks, I have not gotten a reaction (breakouts/irritation) and it keeps my foundation matte. The product also lasts all day with minumum retouching (0700 - 1800 hrs); all I used is my blotting sponge to remove some of the shine on my t-zone.

The only powder I can compare this to at the moment is the Limoncello pan pressed highlight powder from the BellaPierre Contour + Highlight Pro Palette (which I am happy with) and ABH banana highlight. Obviously the application for pressed vs loose would be different but the results are the same if blended properly.

Price point. I believe it's more affordable than the NYX HD setting powder in the color banana and contains more product. NYX only gives 0.28 oz /8 g per package while W7 you get 0.70 oz / 20 g.

My Verdict - I will definitely purchase again if I come across this brand in Marshalls/Winners.