Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit - Volume 3

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit - Volume 3

on 11/24/2017 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is truly a beautiful palette. Having fallen in love with the ambient lighting powders (had mine for 2 years and still half full with daily use!) I wanted to try the bronzer and blushes. This is an ideal palette to do so. I don't know how Hourglass do it but they manage to pull off anything. I was initially concerned the bronzer would be too light on my NW/C 20 skin but it's buildable and gives such a natural sun kissed glow. The blushers blend like a dream and I can even wear the pinkier toned one (which I normally can't) and it looks natural. The strobe powder isn't as "in your face" as the name suggests, simply giving a beautiful buildable highlight. No matter what foundation I wear, these just make my skin look - healthy, glowing and more youthful. A great way to try the products, and based on previous experience will last a long time despite the small size. Pricey, but so worth it.

If you don't own any of Hourglass powders or previous holiday palettes, now is the time to splurge.

Although it might seem expensive, I think it is worth the price 100%. Colour selection this year includes a few deeper/different shades, that will look good on nearly every complexion and generally speaking - here you have everything you might ever need to complete your "face" makeup: undereye powder, finishing powder, highlighter, bronzer and two beautiful blushes.

I have unedited swatches and talk more about this palette in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/11/02/Hourglass-Holiday-Palettes-17), so if you need more help deciding whether to invest in it or not - I hope it helps some of you out.

I bought this and the brand's highlighting palette and am very happy with both.

on 10/27/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stunning. This container of loveliness makes me look flawless, a miracle worker for sure. I like all of the parts, but I would only use the highlighter at night due to noticeable glitter. The blushers worn alone in daytime have enough glow about them without the need for highlight. It is expensive, but worth it. The quality is unsurpassed, the packaging is luxe. It is perfect for travel. I have a full size of the diffused light, but was keen to try dim. This has both, plus a flattering bronzer and two stunning blushes, and the aforementioned highlighted. A thing of beauty, I just like looking at it!

I own this the volume 3 and the 2nd edition as well. I loved the second one so much, so when I saw Vol 3 I knew I had to get it. Turns out it's so lovely, it doesn't contain a new powder like the second with Surreal light instead it has Diffused and Dim light for the finishing powders. A bronzer called Luminous Bronze Light which is so pretty and in my opinion great for my fair skintone. 2 blushes one called Pure Effect which is a Pink that is insanely pretty, and Surreal Halo which turns into a beautiful berry shade that will be perfect for Fall. Finally the highlight Hypnotic Strobe Light is just so pretty words cannot describe. It's a champagne shade that is so pretty on the skin. Its not a super highlight like Becca it's more subdued but it is beautiful on and gives me a gorgeous glow.

I still have a ton of product left in my second edition so to me even though it's small it lasts. I wish it wasn't so pricey but every shade in this palette works with my skintone. For reference NW20, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones. And even the bronzer works with my pale self. Usually they are always too dark but this one is perfect. I own Diffused light but always wanted to try Dim light which also is a great finishing powder that isn't sparkly or glittery. The Diffused is great for redness and just makes my skin look better. I always get compliments on my skin when I use that powder. The blushes are perfect for Fall/Winter and I just love them. They can appear sparkly but on the skin they look so pretty and have no shimmer that looks wrong instead it makes the skin glow.

I love the packaging it is a rose gold compact that's slim and perfect for travel. I will be using this on my vacation in October because it has everything I need all in one place. Yes, this is expensive but to me this was worth it considering how much use it will get. Also every shade in this works so well with my skintone, it truly to me is an awesome palette. If something happened to this I would repurchase it as I love it that much. It would of been nice if this had a new ambient lighting powder instead of Dim and Diffused but all in all I'm very happy with this palette. It's perfect for travel, the shades all work with my skintone, and the powders last and are super pigmented. You can tell you are getting quality with this palette. Recommended.