4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR BODY!!!! Anywhere on your body!!!!! I got this bc my aloe plants were about all gone. I highly recommend a real aloe leaf btw. This stuff is misleading for one. It says 100% aloe. Although aloe is an ingredient, it is most definitely not 100% aloe. The biggest thing is it has triamethalone (spelling) also known as TEA as the SECOND ingredient. This ingredient is meant to be used temporarily & only in a rinse off product! It causes skin irritation & dry hair & is considered NOT SAFE. Look it up. I just used on my hair this morning & have been for months, as well as my face. I have been waking up w frizzy pieces all around my face. So I researched the ingredients list on this. None of the ingredients are good for you other than the aloe. Don’t believe me? Try putting this under your eyes!!! Burns don’t it?! Please just use a real plant & do not support this company. I love their aloe juice & am no longer going to purchase it bc of this crap they’re selling to ignorant consumers like myself. I didn’t research before use & now have extra wrinkles on my skin & dry broken hair!!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

a year ago

Eh. Back when I was younger I had acne, acne scars, blemishes from allergies, and skin angry with treatments I tried on it and gave this a shot. I also heard aloe is supposed to help your skin build collagen big time so it seemed like a worthy try. It didn't help with acne, scars, scabs, blemishes, but I wasn't really hopeful enough it would to be really disappointed. What was weird to me was that I never felt any hydrating effects at all, but instead actually felt drier. A feel almost like after applying adstringent, leaving skin taut in an uncomfortable way and somewhat matte. I did find a decent use for it though. At least once a year my scalp decides to go bananas with insane itching that leads me to scratch until I get scabs, and everything I've tried on it gave me twenty minutes of relief at best. Because I'm also an impulsive fool, I have sometimes decided to cover my grays with box dye while in this state. I rubbed the aloe gel on the irritated areas and it stung a bit upon application, but soon settled and left my scalp calm. I actually survived box dye on my pi$$ed off scalp without any discomfort or side effects whatsoever. I did this several times and it always worked. I'd never recommend anyone do the same, but think it's worth mentioning aloe gels may provide itchy scalp relief. I agree with the reviewer who said the "100% aloe gel" claim is ridiculous, I mean this has like three lines of additives listed, including carbomer (silicon replacement intended to act...like silicone). I have actually repurchased mini tubes of this twice before dying my hair, simply because it's the only aloe gel available near me and I didn't feel like a trip to the larger drugstore. I might purchase aloe gel again, but a different one. I think the aloe benefits must really be reaped through use of actual fresh aloe leaves, but for my scalp, I'll be happy to find a brand with less added ingredients. Wouldn't recommend unless this is the only one available when you're in a pinch. For a persistent scalp itch, give aloe a try if you haven't yet.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I'm on my fifth tube of this stuff. Not this particular brand but one from Holland and Barrett. For my undereye bags this works a treat. I apply a generous amount on my undereyes and lids with my ring finger before bed. When I wake up my bags are reduced considerably. I *think* this may have lightened my undereye circles overtime. I also use this as a spot treatment. And a foundation primer. It doesn't really help oil control. But does provide a smooth canvas. I have also used this product as a very light hair gel. Works well. Will continue to purchase.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I LOVE this product! I wish I didn't stop using it months ago, but I picked it back up a few days ago and my skin has been more soft and smooth than it's ever been!! PLUS, my skin is typically oily within a few hours after my morning skincare routine, but since returning to this product, I haven't seen any of the frustrating oiliness! It is just a teensy bit oily, but that I can deal with! I use this alongside hyaluronic acid and squalane and my face just feels so wonderful afterwards! The gel absorbs into my skin and I think since I use squalane (which is oil-like), it doesn't feel tacky at all and keeps it feeling smooth all day! As others have mentioned, I did used to feel my eyes stinging if I applied the gel near the eye area, so I just apply it away from that area and I'm good to go!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown

2 years ago

It did nothing for my skin,save your money and try to grow an aloe vera plant.It is by means not 100 PERCENT NATURAL as written on the bottle!its preserved with other chemicals.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

From the moment i apply this on my face, it burns my eyes. Such a weird experience because when I applied this, it is not even around the eye area and it did not even got into my eyes but my eyes just turns red immediately. It was so painful that i need to close my eyes for awhile. It goes off after that but I am worried to use that again.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this brand of aloe vera gel! I have really oily skin year round and this is the only thing that keeps my skin balanced! I use it as a moisturizer after cleansing. My pores have shrunk and scars left behind from acne are fading! It even helps dry out the few pimples that pop up every now and then! This stuff is AMAZING! My skin has never been this beautiful!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

3 years ago

Great product. Next best thing to having the actual plant in your kitchen. However, I keep my bottle in the fridge so it's cold and ready to use on a kitchen burn or sunburn, rash or for a refreshing facial mask. It helps, soothes and calms. Everyone should have this in their home!

About reviewer (635 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

3 years ago

I really like this product as an aloe vera gel, it helps with my sunburn, i also used this to treat my burnt skin due to cooking (hot cooking oil) and it healed my skin in just few hours. I've never used this as moisturizer, but gonna give it a try though.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

3.0

4 years ago

I am quite disappointed with this product. I bought it initially for acne, but it didn't help at all. I actually went through one of the worst period of breakout in my life using this product, the acne was inflammatory, although I don't think that this was the main contributor. When I used it on my face it didn't feel moisturized at all, but only a tightening and slightly drying sensation. I later used it for other purposes. As a hair gel, it failed. As a shaving gel, it was ok. As a body lotion, it actually worked better than on my face, it wasn't as drying and tightening. BTW, I have keratosis pilaris on my body, and no this product didn't really help, but that really wasn't what I was going for anyway. It's very inexpensive and comes in a large bottle that never seems to finish. This is my first aloe vera gel ever and it wasn't what I expected, but I won't give up on aloe vera gel in general.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

AgeUnder 18