Maybelline New York Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder

Maybelline New York Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder
Fit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing PowderFit Me Loose Finishing Powder

INGREDIENTS: TALC DIMETHICONE SILICA [ /- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES]

on 1/27/2019 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I really like this as a finishing powder or on its own, and you can't beat the price

on 1/13/2019 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

First impressions:
I got this tinted loose powder specifically to diminish the blue- white cast left by my mineral SPF. I have combo skin with yellow undertones and while I love mineral sunscreens, the blue undertone from the mineral actives clashes with my skin and looks ghostly and odd.

I bought the shade Fair Light 10. The Maybelline Fit Me line has only one yellow tone concealer (#20 Sand) that is too dark for me and i need to mix with a lighter color (too complicated) . They don't have any loose powders with yellow tones . This is the closest I could get. I found it leaning a bit too much on the peachy pink side of neutral. For a line that touts to "fit" so many skin tones I would have preferred a powder that is either completely nuetral or nuetral with yellow undertones to correspond with the other Fitme concealers and foundations. All of the loose powder shades, from light to deep, seem to veer either pink or orange/peach.

As far as performance, this left me shiny and I had to reapply after a few hours. I wasn't as impressed with the second application -- it caked up a lot and highlighted the texture / winter dryness of my skin.

on 12/22/2018 11:15:00 PM

This powder mattifies my face pretty well, but my oily areas start peeking through around the six-hour mark. It's okay but it does look slightly cakey no matter how much I scale back on it, and calls attention to the textured parts of my face. I actually prefer it as a powder foundation on no-makeup days because the tint is very subtle but mutes redness enough to still look like I'm wearing nothing.

Ultimately, I think it's the packaging that will stop me from repurchasing. The square container is just an aesthetic no-no for me, but I was even more annoyed that I couldn't remove the sifter and get *all* the powder.

on 12/17/2018 9:50:00 AM

I resisted buying this powder for a long, long time just because it’s drigstore-I didn’t think it would be that great-I was very, very wrong. This powder blurs, mattifies and sets my makeup beautifully and works just as well if not better than my high end powders. Definitely recommend!

on 12/10/2018 12:37:00 PM

this powder is a smooth maker out of my skin, smoothed out fine lines, under eye bags and pores. My pictures look amazing and airbrushed. zero flash back. blends well, keeps my makeup on especially with a light set of makeup spray. I cant rave enough. I dust it under my eyes cheeks, chin and sometimes forehead and neck with a smaller powder brush, let it set, and sweep a super matte powder over it for pictures. Looks so high end it's silly. Relieved my wallet can rest and I can still look flawless. <3 I hope they never discontinue it ever!

on 11/12/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This powder is great for setting. It usually lasts all day. The packaging is okay, I usually get powder everywhere though.

on 11/4/2018 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this powder for 6 months now . So far this is what I can say
The good:
-it's very finely milled
- great texture and color selection
- easy to blend
- nice packaging, feels expensive

The bad:
- doesn't really keep my face from getting oily. It almost feels as if my skin is oilier than without
- gets in every crease

Overall it's a fine product especially for that price but I will definitely keep looking for better alternatives

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Believe the good reviews. I've repurchased this around 6 or 7 times and I'll continue to do so until they discontinue it. I have oily acne prone skin and this keeps me matte all day, smooths my texture and pores, and doesn't break me out.

This powder is amazing. I have combination skin that starts out dry and is oily by the end of the day. Typically I was using the Laura Mercier setting powder which is great, but this one being priced so low and with such amazing results had me returning my LM powder! I have rather noticeable pores due to years of wearing makeup I my teens with no skincare regimen to balance it out. They're near impossible to hide even with primers and careful blending. This powder though--it does!!! I typically apply it with a damp sponge and press/tap it into my t-zone and then use a flat-top brush (tap off excess) to swirl it onto the rest of my face and down my neck. I would wear this powder to my own wedding. It's THAT good. If you don't prep your skin well, it could become powdery, but even then a good setting spray would fix that issue.Try it, ladies!!!

I really like this powder. I use it before my foundation on my T-zone and then as a setting powder because my skin is oily. Adding the step before my foundation seems to help a little more since it controls a little of the oil before it breaks through my makeup. I don't have to blot as often. I like it and will continue to use it until it doesn't work as well for whatever reason. Like if they change the formulation. For the love of all that is holy, please stop changing the formulations of things I love!