Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin
Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've used Dove products since I came out the womb lol, my mom used to bathe me and wash my face with Dove soap and I had stopped using it about 5 years ago. After trying everything from Neutrogena, Clean and Clear--you name it--I returned to this after being overly frusturated. Everything else is so drying and I prefer the sensitive skin version just because it doesn't have as many harmful ingredients in it including fragrance. It's a great basic cleanser for everywhere, but I took off a lippie because it dries out your skin just a tad bit but coconut oil fixes it.

on 8/18/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't like this product. It dried up my face and broke me out with whiteheads. I also don't like the packaging, because I feel like soap bars are more susceptible to getting into contact with bacteria and dirt.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried using this on my face, because there were a lot of good reviews on it. I was really surprised to find that it actually over dried my face, even though I have oily skin. It still works pretty well for use on the body though. It leaves my back soft, and doesn't seem to irritate my ultra sensitive skin.

on 7/15/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin type: Oily after two hours post-cleansing, blackheads on nose, whiteheads/clogged pores only on forehead, occasional pimples on forehead around eyebrows area.

I have tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING has made my skin more flawless than this. After two days of twice a day washing, all my blackheads are gone. After three to four days, 90% whiteheads gone. And my two big pimples are healing and deflating after 3 days after popping up. AMAZING. Two weeks later, my skin is almost perfect.

I never thought that simplifying my beauty routine would do such wonders.

on 8/5/2012 12:49:00 AM

Okay, this is my first review EVER but the only reason why I took the time to even set up an account was because I wanted to spread the word that this soap is seriously amazing. I have battled acne for about three or four years now, and seriously, it has done so much damage to my self-esteem. I know that's really vain of me, but when you go to school with people who have flawless skin, it's hard to not think about how unfair it is that you're the one stuck with disgusting skin. I never used to have trouble with acne on my cheeks before, although my forehead is a completely different situation (I've always had acne on my forehead since I was in sixth grade). However, all of a sudden one day in the beginning of tenth grade, I started breaking out on my cheeks. They were little bumps, a combination of white heads, blackheads, and cystic acne. I was devastated. My mom took me to the dermatologist where I got a mild antibacterial pill and another vitamin A liquid thing to keep my skin from being too oily.
So my skin stayed clear for the majority of the year. I got off the meds and started using proactive and various other salicylic acid products (clearasil 10% acne cream, neutrogena oil free grapefruit acne wash, oxy daily cleansing pads, etc etc) to keep my skin in check, but sure enough... the acne came back. I thought maybe my skin had gotten immune to those products and so I kept going for stronger and stronger products. But finally, I decided that maybe my skin needed a break from all the products that I was using on it.

I know Dove Beauty Bar seems like a very unlikely choice of soap to clear acne; trust me, I was so reluctant to use it, especially because everyone tells you not to use bar soaps and that they dry out your skin. However, my boyfriend once told me that he used dove beauty bar for his face, and he also used to have acne--- i think he has it in the winter because his skin gets dry and he never moisturizes his face, but in the summer his skin is absolutely gorgeous. So, I decided to give Dove Beauty Bar a try. Less than a week has passed since I've used it but my skin has cleared up completely. All the closed comedones underneath the surface of my skin and the blackheads and white heads are all gone. My bigger cystic acne (I had like two, one on my forehead and one on my cheek) have been fading as well, with the help of the clearasil 10% acne cream since I think the dove soap isn't strong enough to tackle those (unless you want to wait for a week or so for the pimple to disappear on its own). Seriously, i haven't seen my skin this clear for a while. My skin is just as clear as when I first got off the dermatologist medications and that is incredible, considering Dove Beauty Bar isn't even really specifically meant to clear acne. I can finally see the true beauty in my face, and not the acne and acne scars that dominated my skin.

My advice for those who have been battling acne and have used a ton of products that have not been working is to maybe take a week off from those products and use a gentler soap like Dove Beauty Bar to see if maybe that's the reason why you've been breaking out. Sometimes acne targeted soaps are too harsh on the skin; it dries out the skin, breaking the natural skin barrier that we all have, and therefore allows even more germs to enter through the surface of the skin.

I hope my review helped... I really want to help anyone else out there who has battled what I have had to battle for the past four years.

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't. I can't even. This stuff. Is perfect. I will buy it forever and ever and ever and ever. I used to have acne. Now I don't. Simple as that. (I used a pump of BP from Acne.org after my skin dried from cleansing with this every night.) Morning&night, everyday, a;lsdfja;lsdfj it is perfect.

on 10/3/2011 4:53:00 PM

Really moisturizing which I love about DOVE products, however, it did irritate my skin a bit (just in the beginning) and the packaging is just the regular cardboard box. However, I still love DOVE more than other soap bars. :)

on 5/18/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this yesterday.
After I washed my face with it, last night, I THOUGHT my skin felt a bit smoother. I have blemishes, but not very very many. Still, my skin is very rough and uneven. In the morning, my skin felt smoother and less red. I used the "soap" again this morning, and I gotta say, my usual-middle-of-the-day blotting was not required today. My TM, concealer and powder went on much better today.
I'm so excited to using it again tonight haha :)
I will update this in a week, to see how

on 3/28/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Not a bad bar of soap! I usually use Caswell-Massey's Almond Cold Cream soap for my face, but when I run out I can usually get by with this. It isn't as gently as the Caswell-Massey soap, but it works okay. I feel like it really cleans my skin well and gets rid of makeup. It can leaving my face feeling a little dry, but a moisturizer takes care of that. Works well for body as well. For the price, I like to keep it around.

on 12/15/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I honestly think those who liked this as a facial cleanser do NOT have sensitive skin. (* Skip to the end of my review if you want my bottom line)

My skin:
I normally have pretty clear skin but right now it's not looking great - it's irritated, a bit flaky, more red than usual and it has some breakouts. My skin type is normal (leaning towards dry now during winter) and very sensitive. I normally wash my face with water only since all the cleansers I have used have dried my skin out or irritated it badly.

My use of this product:
The soap felt really good on my skin. My face got really soft after I washed it. BUT, soon enough it became really red, irritated and most of all extremely dry! My skin started flaking even more around my breakouts and my face felt really tight and uncomfortable.

How I dealt with my skin afterwards:
I couldn't bare how my skin felt and I was so scared it'd be worse the next morning that I applied some moisturizer, washed my face again with hot water and a warm washcloth and applied olive oil with a cotton pad all over my face. Yes, that's how dehydrated my face got! I even drank about 2 liters of water after that to help clear my skin and rehydrate it.

BOTTOM LINE:
If you truly have sensitive skin, this soap isn't more gentle than any of the drugstore cleansers in liquid form. I can definately say this soap is way too harsh for my face. I think the fragrance might be somewhat irritating as well. I'll use this to wash my body as it feels really good on the skin, but I'll stick to hot water and a washcloth to wash my face.