4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

This product has a lot of versatility. You can wear it at full concentration to spot conceal or as an all over full coverage foundation. You can also sheer it out with moisturizer or primer for lighter coverage. Right out of the container it's full coverage. I can cover my redness without color correcting beforehand, and it evens out any discoloration. As an all over foundation I apply it with a damp sponge and/or a dense foundation brush. At full concentration it does need more blending time, but once you work it in it's seamless. I use a light hand with application and the finish is beautiful and natural looking. It wears very well too, with none of my redness peaking through. Diluted with moisturizer, primer or sunscreen you can make it sheer to medium coverage. It builds very nice too, and blends easier once sheered out. I enjoy using this product on days I don't want to color correct my redness, or if I'm taking photos. The product comes in a small container, and is pretty pricey for the amount you get. However, this goes such a long way. The teenist amount is all you need. Even with a lot of use the full sized container lasted me almost two years. If you're unsure on your shade Camera Ready Cosmetics sells samples. I initially bought two sample shades to try, and ended up enjoying it so much that I bought a full size later on. Even the samples lasted me a long time. They were a great size to travel with instead of packing a full sized one. This is my favorite base product from Kevyn Aucoin. It has flexible coverage, a nice finish and wears very well throughout the day. Keep an eye out for sales as well. I've gotten it discounted at Dermstore (10% off your favorites), 20% off on Black Friday at Camera Ready Cosmetics and it shows up occassionaly at TJ Maxx to.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

2 months ago

Amazing product. Hard to find and expensive but absolutely worth the price. Any pale skinned girls looking to find a match for their skin tone should consider the lighter shades in this range. I'm yet to try the warmer shades. I usually combine this with Armani's Luminous Silk foundation; the combination of the two provides a lovely finish. You only need a tiny bit of this - I can't stress that enough. Lasts a very long time.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

5 months ago

I give very few 5 star reviews, but this is worthy. I have 3 different shades, and use this in so many ways; spot concealing, undereye concealing, mixed with a rich moisturizer to create and adjust my own light coverage base etc. I will always have several shades on hand, and can't recommend enough.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0
from

8 months ago

This is a tricky one to use - if layered + blended + combined with other products properly, it can indeed look pretty GOOD, but tends to get drier and drier in the next few hours. For me, at the end of the day I had dry patches peeling in random places, and this never happened before with foundations. But if you don't do everything carefully & correctly, this looks like the worst skin day you'll have. I made the mistake of diluting it with a thin sunscreen at first, only to have it end up drying out my entire face in a horrific layer of dead skin + white flakes. Because of the viscosity of this, putting lotion over it will only make it the dead skin look worse, not more moisturized. It was definitely an embarrassing way to be seen in public! I'd say, buy it if you're more on the oily side, or if you use face oils, and have the time to mix it very carefully, so you don't spread too much on. It is indeed extremely thick, almost like glue (which is why it lasts a long time). However, since mineral oil** is the top ingredient, I can't vouch that it may not cause problems for acne skin types.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

2.0

10 months ago

So the appeal of this was the fact it could be anything you wanted. Tinted moisturiser, full coverage etc etc. Let me tell you, if you have any texture, acne or dryness at all (or generally difficult skin) don't bother with this. I've tried in moisturiser, I've tried it in oil, I've dried it in my favourite primer, i've tried it with a brush...a sponge...my hands...both! No dice. While I can get it to a nice natural finish in the mornings, by about 12 it has sunk into every pore, by 4pm it's caught on every dry patch I didn't even know existed til I wore this foundation. As a concealer it's okay, still separates a bit but stays on all day. This is my 4th/5th day in the last few weeks where i've tried to make this work for me. Every day, by the end of the day I've literally rubbed moisturiser over it to get rid of it. I'd rather have no makeup on then this dry but oily separated mess. Keep in mind I've only worn this on days my skin has felt relatively smooth and not flaky and still a bad result. I think it is really dependent on skin-type as my boss is older, and it looked great on her and stayed on all day. I dearly love Kevyn and put in the work, but it's a no for the combo/acne/textured gal.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

About me: dark eye bags, just like my dad! So yeah, they are hereditary, not a good look for a female... I also have two very deep lines under the eyes and giving my age (40) fine lines too :( I hate aging. I have bought everything going concealer wise, I've been through tarte, too faced, mac and rodial to name a few, all f-ing crease! Thid one is no exception. Yes it has good coverage, but that only lasts 3 hours max on me, and nothing seems to work with it, for example, the mac primer, the revolution primer or the elf primer seems to congeal or separate the concealer, setting sprays seem to crack it after a while (had the most success with insta fix and go if I dab the brush over my eye bag not spraying it) but on bare skin it seems to work well.... It's not great as a concealer under the eye, it fades after a couple of hours and settles in to everything! It also is not definitely sweat or water proof! I've resorted to using it as a light foundation, I use the smallest amount with a damp Sponge, spread it around and it looks good, but these dark shi* eye bags have defeated another expensive concealer.... DAMN YOU! for reference, I use concealer shade 6 and I have mac 30 skin.... Ran a bit yellow at first, but when put on the skin it truly does blend in well!!! Anyone who's made it this far in my review, if there's anyone who knows of a good concealer let me know!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

Unbelievable. This product is SO good. I'm 39, and while I like makeup, I've never been a regular wearer of foundation. Why? Because I could never find one that didn't look heavy, cakey, cling to every hair, dry patch. I could never find one that perfected MY skin instead of making it look like I was wearing a mask, I could never find one that I could figure out how to work with. Admittedly, I am not great with makeup, I don't have a lot of tools or patience or desire to learn how to make my makeup look flawless. So most days it's no makeup, and some days it's some eyeliner, maybe some lipstick, and whatever foundation I had on hand, which always ended up looking crappy two hours in. I'd watch YT videos and admire the flawless skin, but I resigned myself to never being a girl with good makeup. Then I bought this and everything changed. I use this as an all over foundation, not a concealer. I apply it with a damp beauty blender on freshly washed skin that's been lightly oiled with sea buckthorn seed oil, jojoba, grape seed, baobab, just whatever oil i happen to grab. Using it with an oil makes the finish more dewey and well suited to my skin, which barely produces any oil. In fact, using it with oil changes the entire experience for me and makes it wearable with a natural finish that doesn't look or feel heavy or mask-like. I find it's so thick that it doesn't mix well with a lot of things I did try, (although it does mix well with oils, or moisturizer that are oil-based, which makes sense since it's oil based). I take maybe a grain of rice size and put it on the back of my hand and work with it from there. Blend, blend, blend and that's it. Beautiful face. And no dryness and crinkly eye area a couple hours in, like with every single other foundation I’ve ever used. If you have dry skin like me, definitely try it over an oil, or oily moisturizer, and try spraying a few times afterwards with a hydrating spray, I use rose water and glycerine. Such a beautiful, healthy finish that isn't cakey or flaky. I much prefer this full coverage product that can be sheered out vs. a lower coverage thing that needs to be built up, it's just easier for me. My skin looks even, perfected, and yes, flawless if I want to take it there. Any redness is canceled, it just takes all sun damage spots, capillaries, uneven tone, dark areas around the eyes, etc, and smooths everything into one even, skin-identical canvas that wears all day long. I've not had it go patchy, look dry, or sink and settle into my wrinkles. Perhaps this is because of the super thick formula, or maybe because I apply over an oil, but either way the effect is beautiful and so un-makeup-like. That, - the superb coverage that can be achieved while still having a natural finish - is the beauty of this product for me. If you want your freckles and marks to show through, cool, and if you prefer a more opaque effect, also cool - it's all do-able. It takes a little experimenting but it's so worth it. If you're going to use it straight on your face without mixing it or having a fresh layer of primer or moisturizer on your skin, you're gonna get super coverage and best to make sure you have the perfect shade match. Personally, I need to apply it over an oil or mix with sunscreen, or it becomes too heavy for my taste. Once, for fun, I applied it straight on dry skin and it was like smearing concealer all over my face... not a good look for me. Look, I don't have the best words to describe this, and there's tons of information and tutorials out there to gobble up. Suffice it to say that if you aren't very good at doing makeup, and you've never been able to find a foundation that works, get yourself a sample of this. If you see women out in the world with flawless foundation and you wonder how in the hell are they doing it, go get yourself a sample of this. I will repurchase when I run out, and I've literally thrown away my other foundations, all of them. (I'm about the range of NC 20-25 in MAC and I got SSE SX 06 and 05 and 07. I am one of those people who truly has a neutral undertone and can wear pink or yellow based products as long as they are not too pink or yellow. The 06 was too yellow, but the 05 is perfect and the 07 is do-able. FYI - between these 3, the consistencies were different, the 06 was the thickest and most pigmented, offering the best coverage, (and unscented), while the 05 and 07 were scented and creamier with less pigment. I got full size tubs of all three from Sephora and returned the ones I didn’t want, (kept 05). 05 is a true neutral. Camera ready cosmetics has samples for cheap, I suggest getting a few and finding your right shade before buying a full size. Unless you live near NM or Bergdorfs or somewhere with a counter).

About reviewer (219 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

This product will give you the most intense coverage you can possibly have. Great to use as a concealer. It feels very silicony, spreads easily and seamlessly blends into the skin. It isn't the product I personally like. I don't like high coverage and I don't enjoy silicon feel, but I totally recommend it to anyone looking for the extra flawless complexion. The jar is pricey, but it will last a really long time.

About reviewer (642 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I bought this in sx11 as a foundation a while ago and at first I didn't think too highly of the product when I used it all over my face in a thin layer so i put it to the side until recently when I used it under the eyes and set it and it literally looks airbrushed. However you have to set it in order to get that look and you need a decent setting powder. Like everyone says a tub lasts forever and then some. Super pigmented and extremely thick so you'll want to mix it with something else to allow it to properly blend. The finish and staying power are phenomenal, much better than other products I've used as you don't have to sacrifice creaminess for staying power like with other foundations. It's so good I'm thinking of buying a color to cream contour with soon. Go and try a sample asap! Update: I tried sx16 for cream contouring and it's amazing. I kept talking myself out of it thinking it was going to be the same as my other cream contours but it's not. It blends insanely well and you really appreciate that when your using it for a purpose other than foundation, and it has the perfect amount of pigment-you can actually control the amount and the shade to an extent depending on how much of the product you apply. I can now see what people mean when they say this is so versatile. I really took it for granted when I used this only as a foundation, I feel it works better used in other ways. That being said of course it's a great foundation but like I said in my older review you should mix it if you're using it in a larger area. Small areas tend to be fine without mixing with anything.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

a year ago

My shade matches for reference Mac NC35-42 (I mix for my perfect shade depending on the time of year) Face and body C5 Maybelline Superstay 24hr- 220 (fall/winter) 310 (summer) MUFE- y405 I have this in sx10 and sx11 and mix them to get my perfect shade. A little goes a very long way. You can use this alone, but I find that there a bit more drag that way and it WILL CATCH on to the drier patches in your face. I find it best mixed an eye cream if used under the eye: and I do love to use this as a mixer with foundation when I wanna bump up coverage and slightly correct the tone

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35