Kevyn Aucoin Etherealist Foundation

No Image

3.7

on 6/8/2018 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've gone through some samples of this and it sounded like a foundation that would be quite wonderful! But I found it to be quite mediocre. For me, it didn't offer any type of ethereal glow.

It's just..... meh. It's a bit watery (which is fine with me) and sets fairly quickly. I've tried it with various primers and various methods of application but it just didn't do it for me. Almost seemed a bit drying....?? When I used a liquid luminous product under this, it looked fine, which surprised me because I had thought adding any type of luminosity would take this foundation WAY over the top! But that wasn't the case, whether I was in the sunshine, or at work under harsh lighting, the luminous addition helped some (RMS Magic Luminizer, Manna Sheer Glo as well as Mac Strobe).

There are definitely drugstore foundations that provide a nicer, smoother finish for my aging skin (I like Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Breathable liquid foundation and was so surprised to find it's not too matte for me, not cakey at all, and it really does hold up all day and night while providing a nice, healthy look! Also like the Bourjois 123 Perfect liquid foundation.)

I love trying different foundations and there are so many other options out there for far less money, that offer quite a nice finish on mature skin, but this one was surprisingly unremarkable.

on 4/28/2018 3:37:00 PM

Found this foundation in Winners and it looked so nice with he golden packaging. I googled it and found that I'm saving $50 buying it for only $20... What a deal for such a high end favourite foundation. Luckily I found one medium EF 09 which matched me perfectly. I fell in love with this foundation it gives me a great coverage and is light weight. It looks amazing in pictures. Powders like bronzers and blushes blend really nicely on it. The only problem is that it became my absolute favourite foundation and when I run out I'll have to pay the full $70 price :(... I highly recommend it. It is amazing
Hope you found my review helpful. If so, please click the helpful button. Thanks so much for reading.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation- it’s one of the few that I’ve repurchased. It photographs beautifully. Great coverage yet still looks like skin. The finish is satin- not too matte or dewy, that sweet spot. Shades are a bit confusing and this runs light in my opinion. I’m NC30 neutral leaning warm and 7 is a great match for me. I apply with a buffing brush and go over with a damp beauty blender.

Got sample of this from Sephora in shades 4 and 5. I was impressed! Applied over skin care and primer this was sheer easily building to medium. The finish is so pretty, lightly glowing which is enough to show through setting powder. Lasted thru my day, 12 hours, with one blot and powder around the 8 hour mark. I have 58 year old normal skin and although I thought it did settle into mouth lines a little, from a conversational distance I thought it looked smooth, a little glowy and pretty. I would repurchase. I am a devoted Armani user, but this pretty glow is something I don't get ftom them.

on 12/18/2017 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation. I worked as a pro makeup artist for years and took a few years off . On my return I started building a new kit. I started to test out tons of new foundations and have tried hundreds in the past. This is one formula that I decided to invest in. I have shades 1,3,5,7,9 and 10. The darker shades were to ashy and lacked warmth .

This foundation is great for me . I can apply a thin layer or build it up to a solid medium coverage. The finish is very skin like. I find this far superior to the Giorgio Armani foundations that I was using in the past. The reason for not giving 5 stats is the price .it should be $8-10 less since it is not even one ounce.

on 7/7/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS IS MY CURRENT GOING OUT FACE. FLAWLESS

on 6/19/2017 1:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Healthy glow - HG- WOW BEAUTIFUL!
Love this foundation for my combination mature yet somewhat oily skin. (Oily T-Zone skin). Finding the right color match was a challenge yet once I did find my color my skin looks flawless. On me this is just barely medium coverage. I have good skin, yet mature, with large pores and some slight redness on my cheeks. This can be built up yet requires a light hand or it can look like you have on foundation. My skin is UBER SENSITIVE! I break out from just about everything (most high end foundations and alcohol are a nightmare on my skin-OUCH bumps and redness) NEVER NEVER NEVER have had a break out or any sensitivity issues with this foundation. Even wear it to the gym or out running in the heat and humidity of Houston and never a skin issue. Does NOT oxidize. Does NOT sink into fine lines. However on pores-Nope it does NOT filter or blur pores. Yet-I believe that is what a good primer should do. This really is my HG. Love it and can't imagine it looking anything but flawless on most skin types. It is NOT full coverage so if you have true problem areas to cover up this might not be the foundation for you. Magic for me.This just looks like fresh, healthy skin. Only time I "see" the makeup is when I over apply or when I have used the wrong shade. I find it applies best with a beauty blender (good sponge) and with my fingers. Light weight on the skin. Healthy glow. Perfect Foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not the best, not the worst. Probably around a medium coverage. Also, the lightest shade is still too dark- frustrating!

on 4/2/2017 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is the worst foundation I have tried in years. It burned (only slightly, but it shouldn't burn at all), provided only minimal coverage, and sank into every pore. Worse yet, it soon grows cakey and patchy. The shade match is good for me but that's the only positive I can say about this. There is nothing ethereal or illuminating about it (rather the opposite) and, frankly, for me it's worse than wearing no foundation at all.

I tried a generous sample of this foundation for about two months and it was definitely a winner to me. I used the lightest shade, which looked really peachy on my hand but blended beautifully on my face to give me a warmer glow. I would def purchase this.