Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

4.7

I have an oily, red & stubborn skin. Not much products works well on me. But this product works so well on my skin. It reduces the redness & smoothen out my skin texture. I fell so hard for this product & will definitely re purchase!

on 4/30/2018 4:45:00 AM

This serum is so hyped up online but I really don't get why. Been using it for nearly 5 months now, and haven't seen any noticeable reduction in oiliness (in fact, I'm slightly oilier than before) or any textural improvements.

Maaaybe it did help to lighten my pih faster but I'm also using the elf hydrating essence, which contains nicinamide and honestly I saw brightening results only after I added the latter to my routine.

Guess this is ok but no reason to repurchase when so many essences and moisturizers contain nicinamide already

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Attention to anyone who loves La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo: this is a great alternative and at a fraction of the price. Niacinamide and zinc are one of the top few ingredients in Effaclar Duo so this is a wonderful dupe of sorts. Of course, this doesn't moisturise so much as the effaclar duo, so an extra step might be required.

My skin loves niacinamide as an anti-acne solution, much more than salicylic acid or tea tree or any of the other usual ingredients touted as acne solutions, so this is absolutely perfect for me. It sinks in like a serum, helps with hyper pigmentation and evening out my skin tone, keeps acne away, doesn't clog up pores or make my skin feel heavy, the price and packaging is great, what's not to love?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I began using this to treat some spots that I had in my face. I'm 53, no wrinkles at all, normal skin. At the time I began using it (past January) I also had some rosacea areas, that I had treated with an antibiotic cream with some success (some rosacea remained after the prescribed treatment). Well, this stuff made my sun spots less noticeable, but I keep buying and buying it (I'm in my third bottle) because it made the rosacea disappear completely.
Just a few drops work, don't use too much or it will ball. It's a great product for a more than fair price. Highly recommended.

on 12/10/2017 2:32:00 AM

I have been using this for a couple of months now and I can’t complain.. it made my skin less oily and almost zero breakout .. AMAZING RESULTS
A little drop goes a long way
I highly recommend for oily and acne prone skin
I have ordered already since it’s always out of stock :-)

on 9/9/2017 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and this stuff definitely helps me, it keeps the shine away for a few good hours. I haven't seen any pores minimizing action yet, but it i excellent for keeping me matte. I would repurchase!

on 8/2/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing topical will change how much sebum your skin produces. Products might help with the appearance of shine, but that's about it. That said, I had realistic expectations re. this product and have not been disappointed. Niacinamide has been shown to be at least as effective as clindamycin gel in the treatment of mild to moderate acne, assuming your acne is the inflammatory kind. Otherwise it's a great product for general skin health. I layer lots of products on and haven't had an issue with this pilling, following the thin to thick rule. As a rule of thumb I go liquids before lipids and it has worked well for me. TO makes many affordable products but unfortunate many of them are terribly formulated and very cosmetically inelegant. All things considered, I feel that this is actually one of their better offerings but YMMV.

on 7/1/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

In my other review, I mentioned that I was using this in conjunction to the Flavunone mask and the Advanced 2% retinoid. What can I say, my skin is just loving this combo! It was so congested before but now I wake up every morning with radiant, clear skin! Even my husband notices the difference :)

on 5/18/2017 12:19:00 AM

I'm in my 30s and have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this serum right after cleansing every night for 2 weeks. I noticed that my pores are smaller, there is less congestion on my face, and it has helped with hormonal acne about 30%.

I did notice some peeling but it was very slight. I also do follow this product with "Buffet" but was skipping my moisturizer.

Overall I can see myself using this product long term. It's nothing that will give you amazing or instant results. However it has improved my skin about 30% which is a lot more than most products have done for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Niacinamide works VERY well for my acne-prone skin, as I have noticed in past products that helped calm and control my skin. I was initially very worried that the Careegan(?) ingredient in this would break me out since it has a high acne rating on Cosdna, but luckily I was fine after a minor initial breakout (which I still can't be sure it was due to the Niacinamide, since a few days later I got my period). I find that this really minimizes my pores and helps heal most of my regular breakouts. It doesn't do much for cystic acne, but I use other treatments for that. It also didn't dry out my skin.

Overall I'm really loving this and will keep repurchasing it together with their azelaic acid.