MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Wedge

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Wedge
Eye Shadow - Wedgehip sassy mac contrast shroom trax wedge stilaMAC swatchesMAC Wedge Eye Shadow

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I want to thank the last reviewer Athenasius for recommending Wedge to contour hooded eyes !
I have been looking for a good eyeshadow that would create that natural "shading" to bring dimension to my puffy hooded upper eyelid, without looking like I am wearing actual eyeshadow.
I bought Kid, Soft Brown, and Omega but Kid& Soft Brown were way too warm for my skintone (not a good look on me since warm browns make me look ill) and Omega was cooler and more flattering but it still "looked like makeup" lol
So I bought Wedge after reading the reviews here and especially Athenasius' description of Wedge convinced me to give it a try.
And boy am I satisfied !
It is a neutral midtone brown(neither too cool or warm) and just a touch darker than my skintone, which makes it perfect for a natural contouring in my crease and a "no make up" look.
I just use it either all over the lid or in the crease and add black mascara and my eyes look less hooded and bigger without looking like I tried too hard :)
I can see why Wedge is a long time favorite in MAC's permanent eyeshadow line.
I will buy it again for sure :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The best eye contour shade for fair to light complexions, this is one that blends out perfectly, even better than Kid. If you are choosing between it and Kid, this is slightly cooler in tone, with less of the peachy undertones that Kid has. It also blends out better, looking more like a natural shadow, which is very helpful dealing with puffy overhanging hoods on the eyes. It's a matte with a satiny feel. Wears all day, stays where it's put but allows for a soft blended edge. Plays well with other colours.

I got this (brule, Brun, Swiss chocolate & wedge) in pro pans w an empty 4 pan palette for $32 (alternative to my coveted Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage which I ended up getting anyways) TF$ = $85 & MAC = $32 so quite a difference. Lovely transition color. So pigmented. No fall out. Wedge looks boring but it is workhorse! I love my little palette I put together: it's like an abbreviated version of UD Naked palette. Xx

on 1/9/2017 1:45:00 AM

This is my favorite shadow for a natural crease shade. I am NC35 & this is perfect for defining my crease and blending other shades. Hard to go wrong with this

on 9/4/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This looks really boring in the pan, but it's a workhorse shade. I have pale yellow/neutral tone skin (NC20 Mac). This is a midtone, neutral brown and is a great transition colour, perfect for neutral looks. Lasts all day with primer and setting spray. Blends well. Average pigmentation.

Today I wore with brule (base), All that glitters (lid), Satin Taupe (outer v) and vapour (inner eyes). Looked Ah ma zing!

I did take off lippies due to how dupable this is, and price ($26 for refill at home).

This is by faaaar my favourite eyeshadow and holy grail product! I love this soft brownish color and you can build it up. The pigmentation is amazing and you can use it as a transition color in litarly every look.You should really get you this colour it is absolutely worth it and you can also only wear this colour with not even mascar on, for more dimesion and it will ALWAYS look so good and flawless. It's my go-to color for all my makeup looks and I LOVE it!:)

on 12/15/2015 8:58:00 AM

At first I wanted to buy the shade Soba but they were not available in Hong Kong, the BA recommended me to get Wedge instead and I was not disappointed with this at all. It's a neutral brown shadow that is best used to define the crease for a no makeup makeup look (for warm asian skin tone). The shadow is very pigmented and fine. I've used it on and off for a year and I'm not hitting pan (actually far from hitting pan). I compared this with Urban Decay Naked's eye shadow and I think Mac's is slightly more fine but I love both of them. I might explore other neutral matt brown shadow from MAC later so I might not repurchase it, but overall it's a very good product. Love it!

on 12/8/2015 9:01:00 PM

Lovely transition side and I actually use mine all over my lid too. Very versatile, easy to apply, well pigmented. Suits my pale skin colour quite well. Like using it as a base colour for All That Glitters.

on 11/27/2015 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wedge is a neutral mid-tone brown shade......perfect for when you want natural crease definition.

NYX Maybe Later is a dupe.

on 11/13/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a great transition color for my eyelid- I am NC35 for reference. I like that the color isn't too noticeable and is essentially a great color to cast a bit of shadow into the socket. The color is pretty neutral- not too warm nor cool I'd say, and is a matte finish. I have not experienced any problems with the wear of the shadow, and does blend well. I have used some rubbing alcohol followed by a tissue to sanitize after using this on a friend, but I noticed it formed a bit of a hard pan layer- not sure if this has been an issue with all MAC shadows, but I also sanitized a few blushes and some other shadows and did not see this issue. However it does look like I am wearing that away now with further use.

This is truly a staple product, as it is a great everyday color with such practical use.