Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel

2.7

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linoleamidopropyl PG-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium-10, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyacetophenone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has to be THE worst cleanser I've ever used. Left my skin feeling very tight and uncomfortable. I sincerely hope Neutrogena reformulate this as it is too drying, too fragranced and just plain harsh on my face. I am now using as a hand wash in my bathroom - the only reason that I'm giving it 2 lippies as I can at least make some use of it and it won't end up completely going to waste.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 10/1/2018 4:24:00 PM

I love the way this smells. That's where the love ends though, I'm afraid. My skin peeled off in sheets, leaving burn looking sore spots. With one use per day and a Neutrogena product I was quite surprised. Cannot use it anymore, had to throw away about 1/3 of the bottle. I have not had this kind of reaction from hyaluronic acid so it must be a different ingredient that caused this hell.

My skin is slowly healing, I have been washing my face with sensitive baby wash.

on 9/14/2018 5:00:00 AM

My skin is quite challenging, as it is sensitive, acne-prone and as soon as it gets colder, it tends to dry out around the nose and mouth. This cleansing gel was a life saver: it did not make the red, dried out patches worse while not causing my skin to break out either. I’m already in my 4th bottle and my skin still loves it, especially as step 2 of my double cleansing routine. The price is great for what you get. I hope it doesn’t get discontinued, as I seriously love this stuff!

on 9/10/2018 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't get the hate either!
First, two disclaimers: in Italy, Neutrogena is sold almost only in pharmacies, hence a higher price for a product that, for example, costs almost half in the US. This one costs around 10 euros here. Second thing, my husband works at a pharmacy so he gets loads of freebies, full size testers and he always bring them at home for me to test them and review them for him in order to teach him what could be best to suggest to clients. That doesn't mean I will have a better opinion of a product I got for free, as I need to be as objective as possible in order to explain every aspect of the item to him.
So, I got the full Neutrogena Hydro boost line including the water gel cream, the micellar water, the cleansing lotion, the pot masks. I haven't tried them yet but I will try and review them.
This cleansing gel is okay both for me and him. I use micellar water for cleaning the make up but sometimes an extra help is needed! I use it in the morning and at night and I find it decently balanced, but not really the best for drier skins, which is a contradiction since this line claims to suit dry skins. Probably the best effect is sorted by combining the use of all the products of the line, but it doesn't make sense. The smell is inviting even if too soapy, I like it but it should be more on the neutre side for suiting people that are allergic or simply expect a "neutro"gena product to be more sensitive. I like the tap dispenser for better dosage, and a small amount goes a long way: one month of use and half of the bottle is still there.
So: I got it for free, but the italian price doesn't really justify a product that is withing the medium range. I like it, but am not willing to pay the full price for a product that is a staple in my routine, but always found better for half of the price! Still, I will use it until the end, as it really never caused me any troubles.

on 9/8/2018 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product although removed my makeup, had really really dried out my skin. It smells like soap, feels like soap and leaves my skin tight and dry like a soap bar would! NOTHING HYDRATING! ACTUALLY DEHYDRATING. I should have not changed my Gatineau cleanser..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t get the hate! I love this stuff, I find it cleanses well and while it doesn’t leave me moisturized like I don’t have to use a moisturizer after, it’s not drying either.

on 5/31/2018 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is terrible and reminded me why I don't bother buying drugstore skincare products. I ran out of my clinique take the day off cleansing balm and wanted to grab something to use inbetween before I rebuy it. This promises to leave your skin supple and has hyaluronic acid, I was intrigued.

This left my skin feeling tight, burned my eyes and smells like soap. I will try to return this as it was expensive even on sale, about $12.99 here in Canada. I was hoping this would work as a good makeup remover, nope, I have no use for this.

on 5/2/2018 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've got to agree with pammysue58: I really like this cleanser! I wear sunscreen, foundation and some serious eye makeup and I get it all off easily - but I use a microfiber cloth. And I do a second round. I only need a small amount and the scent doesn't bother me. It's a simple gel cleanser - much like any other Neutrogena gel - with glycerin and coca- betaine. This isn't a radical formula - it would be better without fragrance. And these cleanser need a "breakdown" where you have to work it in before it cuts through makeup - especial!y mascara.

on 3/27/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to like this as part 2 of my double cleanse on makeup days, and I use it in my shower, but unfortunately, even though I am always careful not to get any cleanser in my eye, this did get in my eye and stung like a mofo. It does get some residual makeup off, and is a decent cleanser for makeup free days, but I'm not entirely impressed, although the packaging is very pretty. Just a shrug from me.

on 3/7/2018 12:06:00 AM

I really liked this stuff. My skin was super dry/dehydrated and flaky, like painfully dry and it was making me break out pretty bad. I tried their hydro boost gel moisturizer and I loved it so I decided to try their gel cleanser after reading some reviews. I have to say this is the best cleanser I've ever used! It is SO gentle and hydrating but doesn't leave any residue and rinses off easily. I love that I can use it multiple times a day without my skin getting dried out or irritated. It doesn't leave your skin feeling "squeaky clean" or "tight" at all. After following up with the gel cream (I'll also use the hydro boost serum a couple times a week) my skin looks and feels fresh, slightly dewy and glowing!