Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil

3.4

100 Unrefined Sclerocraya Birrea (Marula) Kernel Oil.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this oil at night as the last moisture step. I ordered most of the products in the DE line and decided to include this so I could see how it all works togeher. The Marula Oil is the best I've used & I am pleased with the results of the DE products cocktailed or mixed with other products I use or alone. IMO, DE is expensive$$.
But of the oils Ive tried I like this best. I have normal/dry mature skin. Anti-ageing is my primary skin concern.
I recommend this product.

Eyes: Violet

I've always avoided applying oil straight to my skin. But with all the recent hype saying that oils can be good for oily skin, I gave this one a try. I patch tested it on my cheeks first, which are usually pretty calm. It made me break out in tiny whiteheads, including when I partnered it with exfoliating steps like framboos. Maybe just because I'm not used to oils, but it also feels like it just sits on my skin and doesn't absorb. I spent two weeks using it on and off, with disappointing results. I really want to find a facial oil that works for me, but this one isn't it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I would use this oil at night after the glycolic night serum, and for a couple weeks I didn't realize it was causing anything on my face. I woke up with hydrated skin, so I saw no problem. I have acne scars and blackheads everywhere after cutting off dairy to fix my hormonal acne issue. Little did I know that this oil was causing Milia on my skin. I developed little non-noticeable bumps (only noticeable with foundation on) all over my face that were impossible to get rid of (it hurts to extract them and just causes pimples). I substituted raw Aloe Vera after my night serum, made sure to double cleanse every night, and made to include gentle exfoliation in the morning with grinder oatmeal and water. This helped decrease my Milia so much, so if you discover that this oil is too emollient for your skin and creates build-up/ Milia then try doing what I am doing now. It's perfect for sensitive skin and redness (which I definitely have): Aloe Vera has a lot of amazing qualities!! Best of luck!
*This oil works differently for everyone, as does a lot of different skincare. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. Make sure to try the little versions before purchasing the large bottles, it won't waste product if you return it and it will allow you to try out the product for a few weeks to see how it works for you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

pros:
- the only face oil that works for my premature aging skin
- hydrating
- light formula
- fragrance free
- quick to absorb
- travel size available for those who wants give it a try

cons:
- pricey

repurchase?
nope, gonna look another with affordable pricetag

So this quenches my dry skin like nobody's business. I use a few drops twice a day, applying it post-acne products and pre-night cream and wake up glowing. If only I could realistically afford it. It's definitely helped to reduce the appearance of the fine smile lines I have. Really 'sticks' to the skin well. I'm going to pursue cheaper options for my marula oil, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Highly recommend this oil recently suggested by a Sephora m/u artist. I was disgusted by the price of s neck cream of over $200 at Neiman Marcus (ok, I know!), so wen to sephora and she immediately suggested this. I wanted it for an..um...aging neck shall we say, but ended up using s drop in my moisturizer and wow! It is fabulous. It also gives you a nice glow on the shoulders and chest when you go out st night (or even in the day which I do as I teach fitness. You would not believe how many people ask me what I do to my skin! )

I got a deluxe sample of this a while back. I frequently try out new skincare items, so it's common if I'm not impressed by a product to simply move on to the next. I used this to the last drop and was sad when I used my deluxe sample all up. This is very hydrating and does not break out my senstive skin. I really loved the hydration this gave my dry skin. I will def be buying another. A large size or another deluxe, I don't know yet, but I do know I want more of it. :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have dry and dehydrated skin. This is the only oil that won't clog my pores yet makes my skin so plump and moisturized. Very little is needed. I pat this around my eye area, too. The price tag is steep but this will last you many, many months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really beautiful oil, at a very luxury price tag, but it lasts a long time even if you use it twice a day as instructed, and my skin feels protected and supple after every use. I like to use this as my last serum before putting on a face mask and then follow it with a night time moisturiser of my choice (I've rotated between Paula's Choice, Neutrogena and Alpha-H products and they've all worked together splendidly). A very expensive product, I don't know if there is a 'dupe' (I haven't looked, to be honest), great packaging and lasts ages, working with other products quite well, even when my skin is unpredictable during my cycle. So nice, definitely a "treat yo'self" item if the price tag makes you baulk (especially in Australia!)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There is nothing wrong with this product, it's a perfectly fine facial oil. Why is it almost 10x the price of The Ordinary's facial oil that is just as good? Who knows! There is NO reason to spend this much on a facial oil. Save your money.

Popular Face Skincare Products