Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil

3.4

100 Unrefined Sclerocraya Birrea (Marula) Kernel Oil.

This is a nice oil. It's moisturizing and sinks in quickly. But it's easily duped. I don't find it any different than the marula oil from the ordinary. For that reason, I won't repurchase this expensive option.

Pros:
Moisturizing but light
Easily absorbed
Nice consistency

Cons:
Price
Other affordable options that work the same

Overall, its nice but not worth the price with so many other options on the market.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i never bought it,i just used a sample size,its a good product,i like it a lot but its too expensive,thats why 1 star,i cant afford this expensive stuff like other people.

I bought Drunk Elephant Littles set at great cost - £90. It included several “trial sizes” of different DE products which have all been really underwhelming. The Virgin Marula is a fairly nice oil which I use in the evening after moisturising, but in all honestly it is no different to any other oils I have tried. The main pro is that it is fragrance free. Otherwise the ridiculous price just negates any benefit, especially considering the stress and personal annoyance I feel for having been drawn in by the hype and spending my hard earned cash! The oil is only as good as your understanding of an overall skin routine and cannot perform miracles.

Btw.... I have also used Clarins Blue Lotus, Laura Mercier flawless skin rose oil, and Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery, my favourite as it’s light and has never caused any blocked pores.

Would not repurchase any DE product and would question how the Marula Oil effect on my skin would be any different to organic sunflower at £3 a litre... seriously.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite product, it's very moisturizing and feels luxurious on the skin. This is the first facial oil that sinks in almost immediately. When I put it on my face, it already starts to sink in and about 10 minutes later, it's 100% gone. My face is completely matte (but not dry) and pillow soft. I use two drops for my face, and 1 drop for both my eyes. It was -7F here the other day, and I went out with just this and sunscreen. No flakes, no dryness, no roughness.

I didn't really experience a glowing or dewy effect, although my skin is pretty radiant by itself from retinoid use. I do notice my skin looks more calm, balanced and I barely get oily skin anymore.

The packaging comes in a sturdy (ceramic?) bottle. Feels good in the hands! The oil itself looks clear and has no smell.

I see a lot of people online say there is no difference between this and cheaper brands. I have tried the cheaper brands (Acure for example) and I definitely notice a difference. The cheaper brands are MUCH more greasy and they do not sink into my skin at all. Some people's skin may react differently to the cheaper brands and might work well for them, however I will be sticking to the DE brand.

This product has replaced many steps for me in my routine (hydrating toner, moisturizer, sleeping pack) because it is just so moisturizing and nourishing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this oil at night as the last moisture step. I ordered most of the products in the DE line and decided to include this so I could see how it all works togeher. The Marula Oil is the best I've used & I am pleased with the results of the DE products cocktailed or mixed with other products I use or alone. IMO, DE is expensive$$.
But of the oils Ive tried I like this best. I have normal/dry mature skin. Anti-ageing is my primary skin concern.
I recommend this product.

Eyes: Violet

I've always avoided applying oil straight to my skin. But with all the recent hype saying that oils can be good for oily skin, I gave this one a try. I patch tested it on my cheeks first, which are usually pretty calm. It made me break out in tiny whiteheads, including when I partnered it with exfoliating steps like framboos. Maybe just because I'm not used to oils, but it also feels like it just sits on my skin and doesn't absorb. I spent two weeks using it on and off, with disappointing results. I really want to find a facial oil that works for me, but this one isn't it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I would use this oil at night after the glycolic night serum, and for a couple weeks I didn't realize it was causing anything on my face. I woke up with hydrated skin, so I saw no problem. I have acne scars and blackheads everywhere after cutting off dairy to fix my hormonal acne issue. Little did I know that this oil was causing Milia on my skin. I developed little non-noticeable bumps (only noticeable with foundation on) all over my face that were impossible to get rid of (it hurts to extract them and just causes pimples). I substituted raw Aloe Vera after my night serum, made sure to double cleanse every night, and made to include gentle exfoliation in the morning with grinder oatmeal and water. This helped decrease my Milia so much, so if you discover that this oil is too emollient for your skin and creates build-up/ Milia then try doing what I am doing now. It's perfect for sensitive skin and redness (which I definitely have): Aloe Vera has a lot of amazing qualities!! Best of luck!
*This oil works differently for everyone, as does a lot of different skincare. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. Make sure to try the little versions before purchasing the large bottles, it won't waste product if you return it and it will allow you to try out the product for a few weeks to see how it works for you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

pros:
- the only face oil that works for my premature aging skin
- hydrating
- light formula
- fragrance free
- quick to absorb
- travel size available for those who wants give it a try

cons:
- pricey

repurchase?
nope, gonna look another with affordable pricetag

So this quenches my dry skin like nobody's business. I use a few drops twice a day, applying it post-acne products and pre-night cream and wake up glowing. If only I could realistically afford it. It's definitely helped to reduce the appearance of the fine smile lines I have. Really 'sticks' to the skin well. I'm going to pursue cheaper options for my marula oil, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Highly recommend this oil recently suggested by a Sephora m/u artist. I was disgusted by the price of s neck cream of over $200 at Neiman Marcus (ok, I know!), so wen to sephora and she immediately suggested this. I wanted it for an..um...aging neck shall we say, but ended up using s drop in my moisturizer and wow! It is fabulous. It also gives you a nice glow on the shoulders and chest when you go out st night (or even in the day which I do as I teach fitness. You would not believe how many people ask me what I do to my skin! )