Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Other
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.3

on 1/13/2019 10:00:00 PM

I use this in the light neutral shade for my under eyes and any pimples that pop up. The coverage on me is medium and It is one of the best concealers I've used at this price point! I much prefer it to the Nars, and many many others. My other favorite though the texture is much different is Cle De Peau. This really is worth the hype 100%! It never looks fake or cakey on me. It's also now the #1 selling concealer in the USA... Ulta got so lucky with this exclusive.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This concealer got a great coverage you can't deny that!!it also smooth and erase all the problem you can have under your eye and for a long period of time!
The creases are minimal with it
So you're gonna ask why the low rating
1)the undertones are completely off
2)this concealer is extremely drying !!if I'm using it more than 2 days on the row my under eyes turn wrinkley!!Even with a well crafted skincare routine. Because its full of perfume!!!Why tarte thinks it's a good idea too put perfume in something going in the fragile under eye area?!!!Aren't they supposed to be a "clean skincare "!!???
3)When tarte saw the popularity of this product they jacked up the price!!!ITS A NO
I discovered a better concealer with all the quality of shape tape without the con
It's the too faced born this way super coverage concealer(dont mistake it with the original born this way concealer who is way smaller)
The born this way super coverage concealer got the high coverage,the ligth undertone a hydrating formula and an insane amount of product!!
Bye shape tape I will never repurchase. I hate when company think they are irremplacable and are abusing customers

on 11/20/2018 3:31:00 AM

Best concealer I have ever used. No need to apply corrector underneath or powder on top. Hv tried multiple high and low end concealers. This is the best of the best

maybelline’s fit me was probably my go to concealer until yt kept talking about this nonstop so ofc i had to try it

it has a full coverage on my skin, i have mild redness and the occasional breakout and it covers. it dries to a powdery finish, so im not sure how well dry skin ppl would like this

its very rare for me these days to go for something full coverage as my makeup tastes have changed quite a bit. (im currently working on using up my old full cover products).
just a few dots here and there is good for me, as i never do that triangle thing

im in between shades, and this oxidizes a little bit,
i think im light sand, i never totally figured it out

it wears all day on my skin.
it was $24 when it first released and now its $27 usd. but still ok considering how much product there is.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Just ok. I bought this due to the hype and it just didn't deliver. It didn't hold up well enough throughout the day, even with my best primer.
Merle Norman's Cover Up concealer is the best I've tried and does a much better job. Natural, very long-wearing, pigmented and no milia. One tube lasts me ages and it's much more hygienic than the wand in Shape Tape.
Back to Merle! I just can't depend on this.

on 12/28/2017 10:10:00 PM

I am 50. Skin is on the dry side. I have fair skin. This is the first concealer I’ve used that does not accentuate wrinkles or just sits on your skin. I use it over foundation. I dab on with the applicator directly on my skin or on my finger and I blend with fingers. It blends fast / easy. It wears well. It does crease or cake or wear unevenly. It actually doesn’t move. I don’t do anything extraordinary to set it either. Sometimes I use loose powder all over. Sometimes I don’t. I don’t feel it looks fake - it just works.

I have never used anything this good, and I am 61 years old, so that says a lot. Wonderful product.

on 8/31/2017 5:01:00 AM

So like everyone else, I bought into the hype and purchased this concealer. I was extremely disappointed. Yes, you get a huge amount for the price. But the wand is so large it's just not practical. I don't need to cover my entire face- just under my eyes and the occasional blemish. I think the tube would last me at least a year but the shelf life is 6 months so I'd end up having to get rid of it before I can finish it (Products with wand applicators can get contaminated with bacteria). It's very drying under my eyes and creases very quickly even if I set it- and I don't usually have to set my concealer. The shade light was a pretty good match for my favorite NARS radiant creamy concealer in vanilla. However the NARS is definitely superior in almost every way. Shape Tape is fuller coverage but if you're 30+ or have any fine lines, Shape Tape will emphasize every one which the NARS won't. I guess it might work better on younger people and people with oily skin. Shape Tape also seems to last longer which is good and bad because it seems to dry on my face before I can even blend it. NARS RCC goes on so smooth and is easy to blend. It never emphasizes fine lines and just looks more natural. Unfortunately I would not recommend this or repurchase.

This is my new current favorite. It is expensive, but is lightweight and does not crease. It is very easy to blend, though I would suggest using a beautyblender instead of a brush under the eyes. It is also great on problem areas on the face. Sometimes I find myself not needing to use foundation since this blends so well and doubles as foundation when used over primer. The medium shade is perfect for me, just the right amount of olive tones.

Didn't any1 get Light Sand??! I got this from eBay for US$21 "what sorcery is this?" It's amazing. I am NC20, Chanel 20beige & Revlon Buff but this is seriously awesome did I say amazing?! I dot 3 dots under my eyes and 2 dots on my nose. Then I blend & go over it with a powder fdtn (Chanel or MAC studiofix) then I'm set! I love the applicator it's so big but it's effective. I use NARS RCC in custard & vanilla & Light Sand is similar to Custard. Maybe a hair paler. I have extreme oily skin & this won't slide around nor get greasy. It lasts all day & I am so shocked how good this is. I don't have a lot of tarte (tartelette palette, tarteist paint eyeliner & mascara, a cpl lipsticks, lipliner & sephoras bday gift), I'm impressed w the brand & this is most def worth the $20 bucks! #excellent #concealerjunkie #winning