CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not sure of the purpose of this besides a moisturizer as it did not blur my pores or work that well as a primer. Instead I found it sticky and slightly gooey on my face and I have mostly N/D skin right now with some slight oil on my chin by night time. I hate the jar; this should really be in a pump. This gets under my nails-yuck. The texture is really thick and it is unscented. I'm glad others get a blur effect but for me this did not work and it will be going back.

on 10/16/2016 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

clinique pep start moisturizer to be like a moisturizer+primer in one. while light-weight, it is quite sticky due to the glycerin and has a silicone feel to it. i dont find it particularly moisturizing (but ok for normal skin) but as a primer it is pretty good.

my foundation (ELDW) stayed on all day, through motorcycling with a full-face helmet and bandana around my face. it did not transfer to the helmet nor rub off due to the bandana. the foundation was still on my face 10 hours after application.

in the summer i would just use this product on its own under makeup, but in the winter i will need a moisturizer before the hydroblur.

i think this would be a good primer for oily skin.
i wish the product was packaged in a pump bottle instead of a jar into which i have to dip my fingers.
it is price-y at $29.50 USD for 1.7 ounces but not extremely expensive in comparison to other primers available.