Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water/Eau), Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol.All Shades May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 8/2/2018 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Thank GAWWWWD I got a sample...even that is going straight in the bucket.

I hate this! I'll cut to the chase...

PROS
Excellent packaging (with pump!)
Oil control is marginally better than other foundations however I would rather use a base that needs blotted but looks decent in the process as opposed to this which looks cakey and dry from the moment you apply it

CONS
Coverage is not any better than my MAC Studio Fix Fluid
Looks SO dry on the skin
Pores and fine lines are very exaggerated
Feels very heavy
Flat matte - looks very 2D
Hard to blend - thick consistency!
Oxidises like MAD! Colour matching is therefore challenging
Looks DREADFUL in flash photography (white cast to the max!)
No SPF
Quite expensive (nearly £30)

Overall, dreadful. Skip this one, it is everything you DON'T need in your life!

Shame cos I LOVE Urban Decay!

on 7/30/2018 4:49:00 PM

I'm still on the fence about this product. I have been using for a couple months now and I would say I have a love-hate relationship with it. The range of colors is good, so I was able to be matched to my color (or very, very close to it) without having to buy and second color as a mixer.

This is full coverage! This is an advantage, I will say. It lasts a looong time because a little really goes a long way. I do a full face of makeup 5-6 days a week and I use maybe a half-pump for each half of my face. It does stick to any dry patches, and often makes them more noticeable IMO. However the lasting power is there. I put this on, and ended up going to a friends to swim, forgot to take off my makeup and not that I dunked my head under or anything, but after lots of splashing and uncontrollable water on my face, at no time did it come off or smudge. I'm sure my UD All Nighter Setting Spray helped with that too ;)

I find that application with a brush first, then using a sponge to really push it into the skin works best. Some days I struggle with the correct amount to put on and it just becomes cakey looking. This is a good product to use in a pinch however because it has such high coverage opportunities. Lately, I have noticed the foundation separating on my chin and forehead, which at this time I believe had more to do with my skincare than the product itself. Overall, the benefits outweigh the downfalls so I would buy it again.

this product lasts on the skin all day, i have combo-slightly oily skin.
i have some dry patches around my lips and nose and this somewhat exaggerates them (although not the worst of offenders) since this is a matte formula and given my skin type, its too be expected on my part.
i generally lean towards light-medium coverage products now so i actually prefer to use this to spot conceal more than foundation

shade picking story—i was wearing shade 4, which matched on application but it oxides like crazy, switched it for 3, but now i might have to get 3.25 on my next bottle if i repurchase.
i couldn’t find my undertone for the longest time, as ive been told im both warm and neutral, and the color iq says im golden/olive, whatever that means.

anyways so i asked for help once more, and finally someone suggested i pick a shade with a light golden undertone and/or neutral if that wasn’t unavailable.
shade 3 when worn on my skin seems like it matches after 15 minutes but then the true undertone shows thru after 2-ish hours and by then i look awful with that demarcation line.

i do like this product though, it wears well on my face, covers everything, freckles, sunspots.
is very full coverage with 1.5 pumps

i love the airless pump this foundation has

on 7/15/2018 4:42:00 PM

Just bought this yesterday. I’ve used it twice so far and it’s going back Today. I was going to try it again with a better shade match because I got 5.0 which is way too yellow but after looking in the mirror today I don’t want to try anymore. I’m neutral cool but feel like more yellow foundations work because sometimes they conteract any redness but this was very yellow. Not hating on that though because it could work very well on someone with yellow undertones. I should have gotten 4.5 instead. I used this with a dense brush. I’ve been into brushes lately and feel like sponges sheet out a lot of coverage. Immediately when I put it on yesterday I was like wow this is very yellow but coverage was pretty good. It toned down some once I had powder and everything else on but it made me self conscious. It’s deifntely not an all nighter. I slept in my makeup last night and it looked like crap this morning. It also made me breakout. Yeah, you’re not supposed to wear makeup to bed but I did the night before as well and nothing happened. I have it on again today and somehow it looks Cakey yet it’s extremely patchy in some areas/isn’t covering stuff and I even pumped out more than I did yesterday. This is probably really good for really oily people, it’s very matte. I’m more normal to dry. Idk if the coverage is lacking today because my skin doesn’t work well
With the formula or what but I’m not a fan of this. Wish it was hella full coverage and made me look airbrushed like other people have said but I really don’t like this at all. Glad I tried it though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my third bottle in a row and still loving it!
I have crazy oily skin and this is the only thing that stops my face feeling wet 3 hours in.

It lasts really well, the coverage is fantastic and 0.5 is a great match for my skin.

The only thing keeping it at 4 stars is it does tend to settle into the lines under my eyes and the sides on my nose, so needs powdering up straight after application.

on 5/22/2018 12:51:00 PM

I was told when I was buying the product to get one half a shade lighter than I wanted as it oxidizes when it's on. I have oily/combination skin and I'm really disappointed with it. it goes on great and looks amazing but within a few hours it has settled into every line on my face and after about 8 hours is basically gone off my face. I've tried priming my face and setting with different powders but it hasn't made a difference! I'll be going back to my reliable reckon colorstay foundation.

Full coverage foundation. Oxidizes terribly! Really settled into smile lines and exaggerated forehead wrinkles. It’s definitely long wearing, matte, and full coverage, but I prefer to use it for special occasion only due to the settling into fine lines and oxidation.

on 5/6/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So I bought it a few days ago to switch to another formula after years of using same.
My color:3.25,but would recommend to test it in store before online ordering because of oxidation.
It is buildable, super awesome application with make up sponge. I applied it at 8a.m., full day of walking(over 10000steps)and work and went swimming for two hours at night and it did not move from my face.
Transfer to the clothes is minimal to none.
Products stay nicely through out the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: 5/14/2018. I went back to EL DW, but use this foundation over my sunspots. this really hides them.

ORIGINAL: I am torn by this foundation. I am still on the hunt to replace my EL DW. I love the packaging. I received a huge free sample from Sephora. I tried this side by side on my face with Kat von d lock-it foundation. I truly prefer this foundation.

On application, the skin looks amazing. So smooth and radiant, but then it starts to oxidize. And as it darkens, I really did not like the texture on my face. It tighten and then started to fall into my smile lines and dull my skin. I wore this foundation for two days and my cheeks started to break out.

Pro: full coverage, long lasting
Con: oxidates so much. Try on in store and wait. Or buy 2 shades lighter. It dulls skin after hours of wear. Pores did not look great but better than Kat von d. Developed pimples on my cheeks.

on 4/22/2018 11:21:00 PM

When I originally bought this product I had combination/oily skin. Which, I believe this foundation is best suited for. Although I prefer initial application with a brush, I do typically go back in with a beauty sponge just to make sure it doesn’t look cakey and to make sure I don’t miss any spots. It’s definitely full coverage and dries down super quick. Now that I have dry skin, I don’t reach for this product as much since it dries out around my nose, around my lips and my under eyes. But if I want a flawless, full coverage look, I do gravitate towards this foundation. I just make sure to apply a ton of moisturizer and primer, prior to the application. This foundation does oxidize a few minutes after application and I do think it’s best if you have some sort of setting spray just to make sure the foundation layers well on top of the skin and doesn’t look cakey. The packaging is definitely what attracted me to this product, the metallic looking with the caving detail, the pump, and also the fact you can tell how much foundation you have left in the bottle just by looking at the window. For reference I wear shade 3.0, and I’m typically an NC20-25