Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water/Eau), Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol.All Shades May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my third bottle in a row and still loving it!
I have crazy oily skin and this is the only thing that stops my face feeling wet 3 hours in.

It lasts really well, the coverage is fantastic and 0.5 is a great match for my skin.

The only thing keeping it at 4 stars is it does tend to settle into the lines under my eyes and the sides on my nose, so needs powdering up straight after application.

on 5/22/2018 12:51:00 PM

I was told when I was buying the product to get one half a shade lighter than I wanted as it oxidizes when it's on. I have oily/combination skin and I'm really disappointed with it. it goes on great and looks amazing but within a few hours it has settled into every line on my face and after about 8 hours is basically gone off my face. I've tried priming my face and setting with different powders but it hasn't made a difference! I'll be going back to my reliable reckon colorstay foundation.

Full coverage foundation. Oxidizes terribly! Really settled into smile lines and exaggerated forehead wrinkles. It’s definitely long wearing, matte, and full coverage, but I prefer to use it for special occasion only due to the settling into fine lines and oxidation.

on 5/6/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So I bought it a few days ago to switch to another formula after years of using same.
My color:3.25,but would recommend to test it in store before online ordering because of oxidation.
It is buildable, super awesome application with make up sponge. I applied it at 8a.m., full day of walking(over 10000steps)and work and went swimming for two hours at night and it did not move from my face.
Transfer to the clothes is minimal to none.
Products stay nicely through out the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: 5/14/2018. I went back to EL DW, but use this foundation over my sunspots. this really hides them.

ORIGINAL: I am torn by this foundation. I am still on the hunt to replace my EL DW. I love the packaging. I received a huge free sample from Sephora. I tried this side by side on my face with Kat von d lock-it foundation. I truly prefer this foundation.

On application, the skin looks amazing. So smooth and radiant, but then it starts to oxidize. And as it darkens, I really did not like the texture on my face. It tighten and then started to fall into my smile lines and dull my skin. I wore this foundation for two days and my cheeks started to break out.

Pro: full coverage, long lasting
Con: oxidates so much. Try on in store and wait. Or buy 2 shades lighter. It dulls skin after hours of wear. Pores did not look great but better than Kat von d. Developed pimples on my cheeks.

on 4/22/2018 11:21:00 PM

When I originally bought this product I had combination/oily skin. Which, I believe this foundation is best suited for. Although I prefer initial application with a brush, I do typically go back in with a beauty sponge just to make sure it doesn’t look cakey and to make sure I don’t miss any spots. It’s definitely full coverage and dries down super quick. Now that I have dry skin, I don’t reach for this product as much since it dries out around my nose, around my lips and my under eyes. But if I want a flawless, full coverage look, I do gravitate towards this foundation. I just make sure to apply a ton of moisturizer and primer, prior to the application. This foundation does oxidize a few minutes after application and I do think it’s best if you have some sort of setting spray just to make sure the foundation layers well on top of the skin and doesn’t look cakey. The packaging is definitely what attracted me to this product, the metallic looking with the caving detail, the pump, and also the fact you can tell how much foundation you have left in the bottle just by looking at the window. For reference I wear shade 3.0, and I’m typically an NC20-25

on 4/9/2018 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this foundation, don't try another foundation to compare but when I went to Sephora to try it I asked for a sample to bring home and try for a week, so I discovered that for my skin was perfect.
It oxidizes, in my skin, a little bit, I bought the shade 3.5, because de 3.0 was to light and didn't oxidized so much to get my shade. It last in me 8 hours without any problem, it's FULL COVERAGE baby, don't have a lot of problems with my skin that I need full coverage daily but when I use foundation I like to look like I have foundation on.
For sure you have to try it first because in my skin doesn't feel dry and the finish is flawless, like matte but with a little nice glow, but I have heared some people who don't like that finish or the feeling the foundation gave them.

on 3/29/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Super full coverage foundation and it shows. I don't wear this everyday so I alternate between my other 13 brands. but, I ultimately come back to this one. It gives my face the drama, when I'm in the mood for that. This foundation is super matte though over time, it does moisten a bit (dewy). You will need to blot with this foundation after a few hours. On deeper skin tones, and I purchase shade 12 which is dark on me but I lighten during my usual process, have red undertones usually. Price-wise, is comparable to my other brand purchases. I spent about $40. The downside to this foundation is, its not natural looking at all. While wearing it, I look like a "similar" me but as I said earlier, when I want that drastic change, the drama, I reach for this one. I would rebuy this foundation but it is not my HG.

on 3/21/2018 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have combo to oily skin depending on the season, so when I saw the claims this foundation gave I bought it immediately. It gives a matte finish to the skin and full coverage which I'm all about. It did last 8-9 hours before I notice any oil start to seep through and even then it was very minimal and not need to blot. My problem is that I did not seem to find a good or even decent shade for me. Every shade I tried oxidized within minutes, and it wasn't a subtle shade is always turned darker and very orange, and I tried at least 5 different shades. I finally gave up on this foundation for this reason alone.

Pros:
Good shade range
Matte finish
Full coverage
Long wearing
foundation with pump for ease

Cons:
Foundation will oxidize
Feels heavy on skin
Looks heavy on skin

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Being a girl with oily skin, I am always looking for long-wearing foundations that deliver that coveted matte, but healthy, fresh look. Being so not the dewy finish type, I was excited to try this brand and thought why not? First off, I think I got a shade lighter than I my skin tone (I chose the 3.0 with yellow undertones). Should have gone a bit darker, but it's very tricky buying foundation online, unless you are familiar with the product color range. I apply my foundation with a brush by MUA (not Make Up Alley) I think it's an acronym for Makeup Artists, and found that this product was quite hard to spread. It seems to dry rather quickly and I prefer one that allows you to take your time and build if you need to. I found the dry quality hard to deal with and added some spray primer to the brush, but it didn't improve the application process. Once on, my skin looked papery and dull, not fresh and bright as with my usual foundation. It wore quite well throughout the day, but amazingly, despite using Becca primer for oily skin and a matte finishing spray, I looked a bit overly dewy within a few hours. I added some bronzer to even out my skin and make up for the too light color, but my skin still looked dull and cakey, not a good look. I love the UD line of products and its image, but this one was a real disappointment, though on the positive side it did stay put all day. Needless to say, I wouldn't buy again. P.S. I gave this a two lippie only because it does live up to the long wear claim.