Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water/Eau), Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol.All Shades May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It’s a lovely full coverage, matte AND sweat proof foundation which is perfect for oily skinned gals like me!!
I would definitely recommend using this w the Urban Decay de-slick primer!
When you use the foundation with the primer it stays on all day and is literally sweat proof ALL DAY even in hot weather.

on 10/2/2018 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation because I'm a full coverage type of girl and this foundation was said to be one of the fullest. But girl while it does deliver on it's full coverage claims, it also leaves you looking like a cakey mess. I used it with 3 different primers and a brush, a beauty blender hell I even tried my hands. It still looked like shit. It sat in my pores and for some reason I had spaces when the foundation wouldn't stick. I HATE THIS STUFF.
****All the dark shades are super orange

on 9/8/2018 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is a pretty mattifying one and controls oil more than any other foundation that I've tried. A little goes a long way and I must say that you can get the porcelain finish that it promises and a full coverage. The staying power is great. The cons are that I feel that it causes acne like the most foundations I've tried Mac studio fix and you feel like your face is not breathing. Also a problem is that if you have golden undertones like I do you can't really find your shade. They have a range of more pink and neutral undertones. I got the 7.75 which in the winter fits just fine especially when it oxidizes a bit but the 8.0 is far too dark and grayish even after tanning in the summer months. It's also a bit pricey. What can I say. I'll still be on the hunt for the best foundation.

on 9/5/2018 8:37:00 AM

I received a sample of this and gave it a go with low expectations. I never have luck with full coverage foundations as I have slightly textured skin that doesn't mesh well with a heavy look ( looking at you KVD Lock it) .
So to my surprise, this foundation melts into my skin as well as smooths out the texture while giving me high coverage. It doesn't oxidize for me, and I managed to get a full 12 hours in with only slight wear and tear. In the areas that it faded, it faded evently and never broke up or looked patchy. This works extra well with UD's Optical illusion primer.
Shade 2.5 is a perfect match, and for reference I'm between NC15-NC20, other close matches for me are Loreal pro matt in 102 shell beige, KVD Lock it light 45 or 46, CS Colorstay in Buff/sand beige.

I really like Urban Decay Naked Skin, and One & Done, so was excited to try out Urban Decay's full coverage foundation. However, this did not work on me at all. I had to wipe it off my face and re-do my makeup mid-day (something I have never done before). It was bad. First of all, I was warned by the sales assistant to go a shade lighter as this product oxidises. I am usually shade 1.0 in Naked Skin so got 0.5 in this, and after it oxidised it became a good match. Asides from being a good match, this foundation really does last, it didn't fade of smudge throughout the day, and is water resistant - so great for sweat and tears! It wore well through the heat and humidity. It is also transfer-proof which is a huge bonus. It truly wears like iron and would, as the name suggests, last all night! It applies well with both a beauty blender and a brush. However, the negatives far outweighs the positives. Firstly, I didn't enjoy the texture of this product. It is very thick and paint-like, it felt like my skin was being suffocated. The coverage was definitely opaque (which is not necessarily a bad thing). However, it also clung to every single little peach-fuzz hair on my face. It also sunk into larger pores. You definitely need perfect skin to suit this foundation - which I think is a bit redundant when the foundation is super full coverage. It also dried down to a super matte finish, which was not flattering on my skin. It also made the foundation look very obvious. It emphasises dry patches and unevenness. All in all, it simply did not look nice on my skin! I will definitely be sticking to Naked Skin from Urban Decay, and for a full coverage option there are many nicer foundations than this one!

on 8/2/2018 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Thank GAWWWWD I got a sample...even that is going straight in the bucket.

I hate this! I'll cut to the chase...

PROS
Excellent packaging (with pump!)
Oil control is marginally better than other foundations however I would rather use a base that needs blotted but looks decent in the process as opposed to this which looks cakey and dry from the moment you apply it

CONS
Coverage is not any better than my MAC Studio Fix Fluid
Looks SO dry on the skin
Pores and fine lines are very exaggerated
Feels very heavy
Flat matte - looks very 2D
Hard to blend - thick consistency!
Oxidises like MAD! Colour matching is therefore challenging
Looks DREADFUL in flash photography (white cast to the max!)
No SPF
Quite expensive (nearly £30)

Overall, dreadful. Skip this one, it is everything you DON'T need in your life!

Shame cos I LOVE Urban Decay!

on 7/30/2018 4:49:00 PM

I'm still on the fence about this product. I have been using for a couple months now and I would say I have a love-hate relationship with it. The range of colors is good, so I was able to be matched to my color (or very, very close to it) without having to buy and second color as a mixer.

This is full coverage! This is an advantage, I will say. It lasts a looong time because a little really goes a long way. I do a full face of makeup 5-6 days a week and I use maybe a half-pump for each half of my face. It does stick to any dry patches, and often makes them more noticeable IMO. However the lasting power is there. I put this on, and ended up going to a friends to swim, forgot to take off my makeup and not that I dunked my head under or anything, but after lots of splashing and uncontrollable water on my face, at no time did it come off or smudge. I'm sure my UD All Nighter Setting Spray helped with that too ;)

I find that application with a brush first, then using a sponge to really push it into the skin works best. Some days I struggle with the correct amount to put on and it just becomes cakey looking. This is a good product to use in a pinch however because it has such high coverage opportunities. Lately, I have noticed the foundation separating on my chin and forehead, which at this time I believe had more to do with my skincare than the product itself. Overall, the benefits outweigh the downfalls so I would buy it again.

this product lasts on the skin all day, i have combo-slightly oily skin.
i have some dry patches around my lips and nose and this somewhat exaggerates them (although not the worst of offenders) since this is a matte formula and given my skin type, its too be expected on my part.
i generally lean towards light-medium coverage products now so i actually prefer to use this to spot conceal more than foundation

shade picking story—i was wearing shade 4, which matched on application but it oxides like crazy, switched it for 3, but now i might have to get 3.25 on my next bottle if i repurchase.
i couldn’t find my undertone for the longest time, as ive been told im both warm and neutral, and the color iq says im golden/olive, whatever that means.

anyways so i asked for help once more, and finally someone suggested i pick a shade with a light golden undertone and/or neutral if that wasn’t unavailable.
shade 3 when worn on my skin seems like it matches after 15 minutes but then the true undertone shows thru after 2-ish hours and by then i look awful with that demarcation line.

i do like this product though, it wears well on my face, covers everything, freckles, sunspots.
is very full coverage with 1.5 pumps

i love the airless pump this foundation has

on 7/15/2018 4:42:00 PM

Just bought this yesterday. I’ve used it twice so far and it’s going back Today. I was going to try it again with a better shade match because I got 5.0 which is way too yellow but after looking in the mirror today I don’t want to try anymore. I’m neutral cool but feel like more yellow foundations work because sometimes they conteract any redness but this was very yellow. Not hating on that though because it could work very well on someone with yellow undertones. I should have gotten 4.5 instead. I used this with a dense brush. I’ve been into brushes lately and feel like sponges sheet out a lot of coverage. Immediately when I put it on yesterday I was like wow this is very yellow but coverage was pretty good. It toned down some once I had powder and everything else on but it made me self conscious. It’s deifntely not an all nighter. I slept in my makeup last night and it looked like crap this morning. It also made me breakout. Yeah, you’re not supposed to wear makeup to bed but I did the night before as well and nothing happened. I have it on again today and somehow it looks Cakey yet it’s extremely patchy in some areas/isn’t covering stuff and I even pumped out more than I did yesterday. This is probably really good for really oily people, it’s very matte. I’m more normal to dry. Idk if the coverage is lacking today because my skin doesn’t work well
With the formula or what but I’m not a fan of this. Wish it was hella full coverage and made me look airbrushed like other people have said but I really don’t like this at all. Glad I tried it though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my third bottle in a row and still loving it!
I have crazy oily skin and this is the only thing that stops my face feeling wet 3 hours in.

It lasts really well, the coverage is fantastic and 0.5 is a great match for my skin.

The only thing keeping it at 4 stars is it does tend to settle into the lines under my eyes and the sides on my nose, so needs powdering up straight after application.