Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Polysorbate 20, Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine Salicylate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Hexanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium

on 7/16/2018 1:30:00 AM

Recently I’ve come off my hormone therapy, and even though I am in my early 40’s, I’ve started breaking out along my jawline and chin area like an 18 year old, once again. It is frustrating to say the least. One of the things that my dermatologist recommended was cleaning my face in the morning, something which for the last 12 years I’ve only done with cold tap or micellar water. Enter this cleanser. Although it’s a foaming cleanser, it’s gentle and my skin doesn’t feel dry or irritated. I can understand how the smell would put off some people. Fortunately, I am not bothered by it, and having clean, acne-free skin is more important for me at this point. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use a lot of the Cosrx products in my daily routine, though this cleanser is something new that I've recently introduced after reading a lot of the reviews about it being a great morning cleanser.

So far I've found that my skin has liked this product, no breakouts or irritations. It's a gel cleanser that lathers up with water and leaves my skin feeling super fresh and clean, though the smell of the product is a very strong tea tree scent of my liking.

I've only been using this product for about 4 weeks and feel like I haven't really got a solid review built up just yet and I'm unsure if I would repurchase again.

on 6/30/2018 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just can't get past the smell of this product...very strong chemical scent. I wouldn't use this near my eyes. I'll use it up but not happily.

on 6/27/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This has cocoamidopropyl betaine as one of its main surfactants, and for a long time that's what put me off from trying this cleanser because although this surfactant is a relatively gentler one, it has exarcebated my dehydrated skin in the past. I only really tried this because I got a sample size of it for free when I bought some other products from a brick & mortar kbeauty store in my city.

I tried it anyway, and what do I think? I think I actually quite like it. My skin's moisture barrier is no longer as jacked up as it used to be, so I suppose cocoamidopropyl betaine is not so much of a problem for me anymore. It foams up quite well compared to the cleansers I'm used to using but it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry, which is what I'm always looking for because cleansers that do this tend to dehydrate my skin. I still haven't tested this long enough to know if it'll strip my skin in the long run, but normally with cleansers I can tell if it'll be too drying or not after a few uses. So far, so good. Some people don't like the tea tree oil smell, but I quite like it because I don't find it to be too strong... at least compared to the birch sap lotion, which has a much stronger tea tree oil smell!

Will I repurchase? Perhaps. I'll wait until I finish my sample size tube and see if I still like it or if it will dehydrate my skin in the long run. But so far, I do like it and I'm happy about this because it's relatively easy for me to get this cleanser compared to the ones I have used.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, sensitive skin that is also breakout prone. Great, right? I've been using this for several months as my final cleanse or on its own and it's great. Sometimes in the winter it was a tad much, so I would use something a bit more hydrating but I plan on repurchasing this again. If you are sensitive to tea tree though, I would not try this.

on 5/24/2018 7:49:00 PM

I love everything about this....except the smell.

Seriously. REALLY strong tea tree smell with some other chemically stuff that I didn't linger over because I wanted that stuff OFF MY FACE

On the other hand, many people like the smell and this cleanser is otherwise amazing: low pH, gentle but very cleaning, won't dry or strip your skin, left my face clean and soft when used as a second cleanse after oil cleanser.

It's also pretty darn cheap and the ingredients are great. Just not for people who don't like heavily scented products!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Based on glowing reviews and product description
“A super gentle cleanser that’s great for your morning wash, low pH formula.. doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils”...
this cleanser sound like a potential HG for my normal-dry skin.

I did some research to understand what cause the irritation and strip feeling after-effect to my NOT sensitive skin and this what come up:
(Hope it will benefit some of you) :)

One of the top ingredient -
CAPB (Cocamidopropyl betaine) is a
Foam Booster agent and coconut oil based.
Sometimes it masked as a SLS-free/organic agent
However, it could be a major trigger for some.

Here’s the List of known side effects:
Skin and eye irritation, itching, blistering and burning sensations. a common trigger for eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.

another realization: if you’re in the sensitive-eye team you should avoid this ingredient by any cost.
This product also have an overwhelming tea tree scent that linger on. Another thing to consider if you’re sensitive for heavily scented/tea tree scent.

I’ll point out: the two first uses my skin felt soft & look clear. with continuous use my NON sensitive skin Become irratird, itchy and felt completely stripped from all natural oils. As someone who lean to dry skin type this isn’t a good fit.

This cleanser is definitely not suitable for all skin types as described, And could be potentially harmful for some.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing product! So lovely for acne prone skin. Love using this in the morning to freshen me up and at night after oil cleansing to feel like I've done a good cleanse. Very gentle but effective. Extremely well priced too!

on 4/13/2018 3:50:00 AM

I've only been using this for about a month, but wow! I think I've found my new holy grail cleanser. My skin is clearing up already and looking much happier and healthier than it has with any of my past cleansing routines. I use this as my second cleanser, and use micellar water first to remove my makeup.

on 3/23/2018 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Pros: gentle yet thoroughly cleans my extra oily + blemished skin. Skin does not feel dry. Good price for what it does
Cons: does not completely remove make up on its own but I always use a cleansing oil before hand anyways. The cap is loose so product might spill if put in luggage (I have to secure it with sailor tape)
Price: £7 from eBay. Good deal!

I am on my second tube and will defo repurchase.