COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Polysorbate 20, Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine Salicylate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Hexanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium

on 12/10/2018 3:43:00 PM

Wish this wasn't so spendy but love it otherwise. My skin is reallly easy to irritate which means it's difficult to properly clean and moisturize. From what I have found so far it is low PH products that are less likely to sting especially if you often use anti-acne products like salicylic acid. Could be a balancing act with PH.

on 12/1/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Was pleasantly surprised by this cleanser! This is perfect for someone who wants a bha face wash, without all the dryness and irritation. This has tea tree oil in it too, which is great for acne prone skin. I was experiencing some mild congestion and hormonal breakouts - this really helped to clear that up. Super gentle, and hydrating too! Twice a week, I take a break from this to prevent the irritation that some people suggest it causes from long term use. But otherwise, this is perfect for combination skin! I am also prone to eczema patches, and this does not cause a flare up at all.

on 11/22/2018 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros
-Removes blackheads. Many cleansers do that too though.
-pH 5.5
-Skin feels clean
-Also includes a couple of plant extracts including tea tree oil. Not a must for my cleanser since everything goes down the drain in the end. Not sure how much anti oxidants it contain though. They might help neutralize free radicals in tap water.
-Cheap for a facial cleanser (until I realize some bath cleansers can work as a face cleanser too)

Cons
-Can be a little drying, so not the most suitable for dehydrated/dry skin

This is a decent cleanser but not a must have for me, especially since it makes my skin tight occasionally but also means that it cleanses thoroughly.

on 10/7/2018 8:41:00 PM

Nice and gentle cleanser. It does not remove everything if I wear a particularly heavy makeup even with double cleansing, but that is easily fixed using a proper makeup remover. It works fine otherwise and keeps my combination to oily skin clean without drying it out. Nice packaging as well. I just wish it wasn't so expensive in Sweden, I will go back to my usual face cleanser since it is cheaper and performs well for my skin.

I've been using this for over 2 years now & can only say good things it. I have acne-prone, combo skin: with oily T-zone & dry skin around the nose, mouth & chin (yea I know it's weird haha)

PROs:
- Removes all the dirt, makeup perfectly
- Doesn't irritate the skin
- Affordable
- Great ingredients
- Low PH level!!! This is important for my acids/vit c to work
- Only need a little amount each wash

CONs:
- Slightlyyyyyy drying

That is my only con. It makes my skin a smidgen tight once I pat it dry, nothing near bothering. But the tightness is gone right after I pat in my essence.

Great product, a lifetime repurchase for sure!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination skin with dry patches and especially during the winter time my skin becomes very sensitive, so I need to be extra careful with my cleansers. Most cleansers strip and dry out my skin and then there are cleansers that are formulated for dry skin, but they don't really clean my skin and I end up with a lot of blackheads and whiteheads around my nose and chin area.

I came across the COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser and decided to give it a try. It really helps to clean out my pores, but doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and tight afterwards. I have been using it in the morning and in the evening and I absolutely love it.

I can highly recommend this product and on top of that it's cruelty-free, which I absolutely love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So even thought this cleanser does not seem to work for me I have a hard time giving it a rating below 3. My sister really loves this cleanser and it works well for her, doesn’t irritate her sensitive skin. I love the texture and the smell of this cleanser, the price is on point, the packaging could improve but it is so affordable that I can’t complain too much. The reason why I won’t be buying again is because when I use it every night my skin becomes very dry and flakey. It may be due to the fact that I am using other active ingredients like AHA that don’t play well with the salycilic ingredient in this.

on 7/28/2018 12:31:00 PM

This dried out my skin like never before!

I used this nightly for a week before I HAD to stop. After the 3rd day of using this, my skin, which never ever gets dry patches in the humid summers of Hong Kong, started getting dry patches on my chin. I thought it might have been the retinol I also used the night before. But after 1 week, I saw dry patches ALL OVER my face including the sides of my forehead which I didn't put retinol on. My make up looked terrible and that was when I couldn't go on. Normally, I would tough it out if it only gave me 1-2 zits, at least with zits I could cover up with concealer, not dry patches!

The consistency is quite nice and gel-like, but it has quite a strong tea-tree oil smell. My skin isn't sensitive to tea tree oil either since I used tea tree oil for 5 years with my toner before stopping. I still use tea tree as spot treatment now but not anything else. Even when I was using tea tree oil and living in dry California, I never got dry patches. So imagine my horror when I got it after 3 days washing my face with this!

I've also used "harsher" cleansers and never got dry skin like this, (they would give me 1-2 zits though). So this is very strange. I was using this natural bar soap and my skin felt a bit tight after but even then it was never patchy. I used Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser for nearly a decade before switching to La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser which actually improved my skin. But I wanted something with lower PH than that. Lesson learned, don't try to fix what's not broken!

My skin type is: oily tzone combo, rare acne spots these days, mild rosacea (that's improved a lot in the past year)

on 7/16/2018 1:30:00 AM

Recently I’ve come off my hormone therapy, and even though I am in my early 40’s, I’ve started breaking out along my jawline and chin area like an 18 year old, once again. It is frustrating to say the least. One of the things that my dermatologist recommended was cleaning my face in the morning, something which for the last 12 years I’ve only done with cold tap or micellar water. Enter this cleanser. Although it’s a foaming cleanser, it’s gentle and my skin doesn’t feel dry or irritated. I can understand how the smell would put off some people. Fortunately, I am not bothered by it, and having clean, acne-free skin is more important for me at this point. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use a lot of the Cosrx products in my daily routine, though this cleanser is something new that I've recently introduced after reading a lot of the reviews about it being a great morning cleanser.

So far I've found that my skin has liked this product, no breakouts or irritations. It's a gel cleanser that lathers up with water and leaves my skin feeling super fresh and clean, though the smell of the product is a very strong tea tree scent of my liking.

I've only been using this product for about 4 weeks and feel like I haven't really got a solid review built up just yet and I'm unsure if I would repurchase again.