Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

4.3

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Polysorbate 20, Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine Salicylate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Hexanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium

on 10/12/2017 3:26:00 PM

This is actually my first review on a product ever. I've just read so many great reviews on this product which made me buy it myself - Unfortunately, my personal opinion on this product is completely different than the ones I've read.

I really wanted to like this product: it's a low affordable pH-cleanser - what more do you need, right?
My first tryout with this product got me feeling a bit "meh". My skin felt really dry - as in really dry - after I've used it. I just assumed my skin had to adjust to the new cleanser but it just got worse. My skin got even more dry every time I used it, so I stopped using it.

I have pretty dry skin already, so the last thing I need is a cleanser that dries out my skin even more. Fortunately, everyone's skin is different, so maybe this is your go-to cleanser, who knows. I just had a really bad experience with this product, and I just wanted to let you guys know :-).

I've now purchased the NEOGEN - Green Tea Stick Cleanser and WOW!! My skin's super soft after use. Best cleanser I've ever tried. So if you're dealing with dry skin and this cosrx-cleanser wasn't your thing I would definitely recommend you to purchased the Green Stick one!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Basic gentle cleanser, with BHA, tea tree oil, saccarhomyces ferment, japonica leaf extract and low p.h to not disturb the acid mantle. That being said, I feel this is suitable for normal to oily skin and not for the drier gals. Very good ingredient for the skin, pretty cheap, gentle on the face and does the job of cleansing well. My staple. Been using this for a while and one tube lasts at least 4 months. Highly recommended for normal to oily skin girls

on 8/16/2017 9:34:00 PM

This is a staple in my skincare stash. Inexpensive and effective, I've repurchased this several times. This does a very good job as a morning cleanser or as a second cleanse after balm/oil/makeup remover. It lightly cleanses without leaving any residue or stripping the skin. Clean scent. My husband loves it as well.

on 8/15/2017 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have been using this cleanser for a few months now and I can safely say this is my HG cleanser as part of my double cleanse routine.

The cleanser is light, smells great and restores your skin to a PH of 5.5 which is important as that's the level where your other skincare is absorbed most efficiently. It gets rid of the residue my first cleanse leaves and when I dry my face it doesn't feel tight at all, just nice, soft and clean. Be wary of the cleansers that leave your face feeling tight, they are stripping your skin of hydration which is a huge no no!

Did I mention this cleanser is also cheap? Retails for around AUD $10. COSRX is known for great ingredients and low cost. I highly, highly recommend this simple but super effective cleanser.

on 9/15/2017 8:36:00 PM

I was really excited to try this product upon discovering cosrx's products and it did not disappoint! I used to use a L'occitane cleanser which was okay but way too expensive. This cleanser is affordable for the amount of product you're getting and I really like how it makes my skin feel.
When I added it to my skin care routine, I realised that my skin really did feel refreshed, and it feels really clean as well.
There's a bit of smell that isn't pungent but might bother some people, even though I'm okay with it.
I'm not sure if its my addition of moisturising serum into my routine, but my skin really brightened up recently and I'd like to think it's also because of the cleanser?
Overall I really like this product and would definitely repurchase!

on 9/19/2017 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i use this once per day. alternate it with other cleanser. doesnt dare to use this twice per day. i like that this help control oil for the first 3 hrs for me. before this i had used a cleanser and it made my face became so oily quickly. would buy this again.

on 7/16/2017 1:26:00 AM

Broke me out quickly. Price and packing are great. The cleanser felt nice. But once I rinsed my face felt really tight. My normal to dry skin also got really oily from the cleaner. Tested it without changing my other products. I was surprised because everything about this cleanser appealed to me. I think my main problem is that I tend to get fungal acne. With follow up reading, others with the fungal acne problem had the same problem with this cleanser.

on 7/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

I just bought my second tube of this amazing cleanser. After doing extensive research on skincare routines, I have found that my morning routines were much too harsh on my skin. I was stripping all of the natural oils from my skin, which caused more oil. I needed to change things up, so I read that a gentle cleanser in the morning would do the job just fine. I have a Foreo Luna Mini to help me wash my face, so I don't know if it makes a real difference with such a gentle cleanser. Immediately upon applying this product, the smell is a light tea tree kind of smell. Tea tree oil is great for acne, so I am pleased with this ingredient. It foams up just slightly, so it doesn't feel harsh at all. After I wash it off with water, my skin feels clean and not dehydrated. I tone with witch hazel, moisturize with a gel, and then put on sunscreen. This morning routine keeps my skin balanced and hydrated! My skin has never looked better. I am so glad I switched up my skincare routine to incorporate this. It is my must have cleanser that is very affordable and comes in at around $10 per tube on Amazon.

on 6/19/2017 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference, I have very dry & dehydrated skin and live in a very dry climate. I have hormonal acne and large sebaceous filaments on my nose. My skin is not very sensitive.

I purchased this cleanser in search of a low-pH face wash. I like this cleanser well enough for the price, but it does have some drawbacks. As I mentioned, I have incredibly dry skin, and a lot of cleansers make it feel dry or stripped. While the lower pH of the cleanser is meant to prevent that, I found it really emphasized my dryness. Unless I put on a moisturizer immediately after washing, my face would feel flaky and uncomfortable for the rest of the day/evening. It was just average at removing makeup, but struggled a lot with eye makeup, specifically mascara. I like my face wash to be able to remove all of my makeup effortlessly, especially considering I don't wear a lot. In addition, it didn't do much to prevent or alleviate my acne, but it didn't make it any worse.

Perhaps my favorite thing about this face wash is that it was able to dissolve my sebaceous filaments around my nose. My SFs are quite large and come back every 1-2 days. Chemical exfoliation removes them easily, but clay masks and physical exfoliants do not. The pH of this cleanser is low enough that it is able to remove/dissolve the SFs without requiring me to use chemical exfoliation, which is really helpful if I want to quickly eliminate texture in the morning before applying makeup. It also leaves my skin primed for any chemical exfoliation at night, as my pH will be adjusted. The amount you get for the price is also very cost effective, and the squeeze tube is clean and convenient.

I would highly recommend this cleanser for anyone with normal to slightly dry skin (can't speak for oily or acne-prone) and those with persistent sebaceous filaments. I still use this cleanser from time to time, but tend to favor more moisturizing ones.

This is the first cleanser I've ever used that hasn't left my skin tight and still cleaning the skin completely. It's one of the best sellers within Korean skincare and now we'll know why.
It helps with the Ph balance in your skin so if you kind of know you should be dealing with that but can't be bothered this is your boo.

HITS AND MISSES
+ Cleanses the skin completely
+ Great "expensive" citrus scent
+ Price point
+ Lathers quickly
+ Helps you with the PH levels in your skin
+ Hydrates skin
+ Doesn't sting my super sensitive eyes

- Harder to get a hold of (most Korean products

HOW I USE IT
I use this morning and night on a wet face pm as my second cleanser in my double cleanse routine.

TO CONCLUDE
I am soooo picky when it comes to skincare. This has been a part of my skincare routine for three years. I keep coming back to it, nothing like it. just get it.
I buy it from Stylekorean.com for AUS and Amazon.com for USA