COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Polysorbate 20, Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine Salicylate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Hexanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium

on 10/7/2018 8:41:00 PM

Nice and gentle cleanser. It does not remove everything if I wear a particularly heavy makeup even with double cleansing, but that is easily fixed using a proper makeup remover. It works fine otherwise and keeps my combination to oily skin clean without drying it out. Nice packaging as well. I just wish it wasn't so expensive in Sweden, I will go back to my usual face cleanser since it is cheaper and performs well for my skin.

I've been using this for over 2 years now & can only say good things it. I have acne-prone, combo skin: with oily T-zone & dry skin around the nose, mouth & chin (yea I know it's weird haha)

PROs:
- Removes all the dirt, makeup perfectly
- Doesn't irritate the skin
- Affordable
- Great ingredients
- Low PH level!!! This is important for my acids/vit c to work
- Only need a little amount each wash

CONs:
- Slightlyyyyyy drying

That is my only con. It makes my skin a smidgen tight once I pat it dry, nothing near bothering. But the tightness is gone right after I pat in my essence.

Great product, a lifetime repurchase for sure!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination skin with dry patches and especially during the winter time my skin becomes very sensitive, so I need to be extra careful with my cleansers. Most cleansers strip and dry out my skin and then there are cleansers that are formulated for dry skin, but they don't really clean my skin and I end up with a lot of blackheads and whiteheads around my nose and chin area.

I came across the COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser and decided to give it a try. It really helps to clean out my pores, but doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and tight afterwards. I have been using it in the morning and in the evening and I absolutely love it.

I can highly recommend this product and on top of that it's cruelty-free, which I absolutely love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So even thought this cleanser does not seem to work for me I have a hard time giving it a rating below 3. My sister really loves this cleanser and it works well for her, doesn’t irritate her sensitive skin. I love the texture and the smell of this cleanser, the price is on point, the packaging could improve but it is so affordable that I can’t complain too much. The reason why I won’t be buying again is because when I use it every night my skin becomes very dry and flakey. It may be due to the fact that I am using other active ingredients like AHA that don’t play well with the salycilic ingredient in this.

on 7/28/2018 12:31:00 PM

This dried out my skin like never before!

I used this nightly for a week before I HAD to stop. After the 3rd day of using this, my skin, which never ever gets dry patches in the humid summers of Hong Kong, started getting dry patches on my chin. I thought it might have been the retinol I also used the night before. But after 1 week, I saw dry patches ALL OVER my face including the sides of my forehead which I didn't put retinol on. My make up looked terrible and that was when I couldn't go on. Normally, I would tough it out if it only gave me 1-2 zits, at least with zits I could cover up with concealer, not dry patches!

The consistency is quite nice and gel-like, but it has quite a strong tea-tree oil smell. My skin isn't sensitive to tea tree oil either since I used tea tree oil for 5 years with my toner before stopping. I still use tea tree as spot treatment now but not anything else. Even when I was using tea tree oil and living in dry California, I never got dry patches. So imagine my horror when I got it after 3 days washing my face with this!

I've also used "harsher" cleansers and never got dry skin like this, (they would give me 1-2 zits though). So this is very strange. I was using this natural bar soap and my skin felt a bit tight after but even then it was never patchy. I used Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser for nearly a decade before switching to La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser which actually improved my skin. But I wanted something with lower PH than that. Lesson learned, don't try to fix what's not broken!

My skin type is: oily tzone combo, rare acne spots these days, mild rosacea (that's improved a lot in the past year)

on 7/16/2018 1:30:00 AM

Recently I’ve come off my hormone therapy, and even though I am in my early 40’s, I’ve started breaking out along my jawline and chin area like an 18 year old, once again. It is frustrating to say the least. One of the things that my dermatologist recommended was cleaning my face in the morning, something which for the last 12 years I’ve only done with cold tap or micellar water. Enter this cleanser. Although it’s a foaming cleanser, it’s gentle and my skin doesn’t feel dry or irritated. I can understand how the smell would put off some people. Fortunately, I am not bothered by it, and having clean, acne-free skin is more important for me at this point. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use a lot of the Cosrx products in my daily routine, though this cleanser is something new that I've recently introduced after reading a lot of the reviews about it being a great morning cleanser.

So far I've found that my skin has liked this product, no breakouts or irritations. It's a gel cleanser that lathers up with water and leaves my skin feeling super fresh and clean, though the smell of the product is a very strong tea tree scent of my liking.

I've only been using this product for about 4 weeks and feel like I haven't really got a solid review built up just yet and I'm unsure if I would repurchase again.

on 6/30/2018 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just can't get past the smell of this product...very strong chemical scent. I wouldn't use this near my eyes. I'll use it up but not happily.

on 6/27/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This has cocoamidopropyl betaine as one of its main surfactants, and for a long time that's what put me off from trying this cleanser because although this surfactant is a relatively gentler one, it has exarcebated my dehydrated skin in the past. I only really tried this because I got a sample size of it for free when I bought some other products from a brick & mortar kbeauty store in my city.

I tried it anyway, and what do I think? I think I actually quite like it. My skin's moisture barrier is no longer as jacked up as it used to be, so I suppose cocoamidopropyl betaine is not so much of a problem for me anymore. It foams up quite well compared to the cleansers I'm used to using but it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry, which is what I'm always looking for because cleansers that do this tend to dehydrate my skin. I still haven't tested this long enough to know if it'll strip my skin in the long run, but normally with cleansers I can tell if it'll be too drying or not after a few uses. So far, so good. Some people don't like the tea tree oil smell, but I quite like it because I don't find it to be too strong... at least compared to the birch sap lotion, which has a much stronger tea tree oil smell!

Will I repurchase? Perhaps. I'll wait until I finish my sample size tube and see if I still like it or if it will dehydrate my skin in the long run. But so far, I do like it and I'm happy about this because it's relatively easy for me to get this cleanser compared to the ones I have used.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, sensitive skin that is also breakout prone. Great, right? I've been using this for several months as my final cleanse or on its own and it's great. Sometimes in the winter it was a tad much, so I would use something a bit more hydrating but I plan on repurchasing this again. If you are sensitive to tea tree though, I would not try this.