Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Polysorbate 20, Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine Salicylate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Hexanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium

on 5/24/2018 7:49:00 PM

I love everything about this....except the smell.

Seriously. REALLY strong tea tree smell with some other chemically stuff that I didn't linger over because I wanted that stuff OFF MY FACE

On the other hand, many people like the smell and this cleanser is otherwise amazing: low pH, gentle but very cleaning, won't dry or strip your skin, left my face clean and soft when used as a second cleanse after oil cleanser.

It's also pretty darn cheap and the ingredients are great. Just not for people who don't like heavily scented products!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Based on glowing reviews and product description
“A super gentle cleanser that’s great for your morning wash, low pH formula.. doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils”...
this cleanser sound like a potential HG for my normal-dry skin.

I did some research to understand what cause the irritation and strip feeling after-effect to my NOT sensitive skin and this what come up:
(Hope it will benefit some of you) :)

One of the top ingredient -
CAPB (Cocamidopropyl betaine) is a
Foam Booster agent and coconut oil based.
Sometimes it masked as a SLS-free/organic agent
However, it could be a major trigger for some.

Here’s the List of known side effects:
Skin and eye irritation, itching, blistering and burning sensations. a common trigger for eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.

another realization: if you’re in the sensitive-eye team you should avoid this ingredient by any cost.
This product also have an overwhelming tea tree scent that linger on. Another thing to consider if you’re sensitive for heavily scented/tea tree scent.

I’ll point out: the two first uses my skin felt soft & look clear. with continuous use my NON sensitive skin Become irratird, itchy and felt completely stripped from all natural oils. As someone who lean to dry skin type this isn’t a good fit.

This cleanser is definitely not suitable for all skin types as described, And could be potentially harmful for some.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing product! So lovely for acne prone skin. Love using this in the morning to freshen me up and at night after oil cleansing to feel like I've done a good cleanse. Very gentle but effective. Extremely well priced too!

on 4/13/2018 3:50:00 AM

I've only been using this for about a month, but wow! I think I've found my new holy grail cleanser. My skin is clearing up already and looking much happier and healthier than it has with any of my past cleansing routines. I use this as my second cleanser, and use micellar water first to remove my makeup.

on 3/23/2018 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Pros: gentle yet thoroughly cleans my extra oily + blemished skin. Skin does not feel dry. Good price for what it does
Cons: does not completely remove make up on its own but I always use a cleansing oil before hand anyways. The cap is loose so product might spill if put in luggage (I have to secure it with sailor tape)
Price: £7 from eBay. Good deal!

I am on my second tube and will defo repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Strong tea tree scent, which psychologically makes me avoid my eye area when I'm washing my face, neck and décolletage. I'd say, versus Western skincare, this is a rather ugly bottle/tube to have in my collection, but whatever, it seems to be working well for me. I very much like using it with damp hands and a dry face--I seem to get more of a "pulling" effect by the tackiness of the gel to clean my face. Perhaps it's just the smell, but I feel like its doing a much better cleaning job on me than other cleansers. I follow with Thayer's Rosewater/Witch Hazel and find that this is a good combination. I'm only finishing my first week, so I will follow up if my opinion changes. So far, I'd certainly get another once I run out.

Going on my second tube of this and its fantastic. I have acne prone awful skin and this stuff works miracles. Its really gentle but also strong. I use this as a second cleanser. I can see how some may not like it as a cleanser alone, but its an amazing second cleanser after the oil cleanse. I use the julep oil cleanser and then this. It doesn't make my skin feel tight, maybe if I dont put anything else on, like 45 minutes later it will feel slightly dry but that is pretty much any cleanser. After this, I use the Klairs supple toner, Missha time revolution, Cosrx snail muchin and then the Cosrx light ampoule. And switch up my moisturizer (Cosrx PHA at night and belief or First aid beauty during the day.) My skin is SO HAPPY. Highly recommended. AND IT'S $12!!!!!!!!

on 2/24/2018 2:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

There were so many good reviews that I bought two of these! Unfortunately it dried out my combo skin, didn’t even get through the first bottle. My skin felt tight and my flaky areas were visibly worse. The tea tree oil smell was much stronger than I expected, but I got used to it.

on 2/19/2018 10:26:00 AM

I need only a dab of this cleanser to wash my face and neck. It doesn’t foam, but leaves my super-sensitive, breakout-prone skin feeling smooth if a little tight on occasion.
I’ve not tried to take makeup off with it, so no input there. I don’t find the aroma objectionable, but neither do I find it brightens my face as some claim.
One complaint is the packaging, the seal is not tight. If I store it standing on the cap, there is much more cleanser that has oozed out than I need. This is a moderately priced product- I think I paid around $12 online so workable packaging is expected.

I love almost everything from CosRx but not this. It is a really basic cleanser that was very boring to use. I also hated the strong tea tree oil smell.