3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

What?! Such a low rating for this magic brush? Because the handle snapped? Well, mine is still intact as well as the brush itself. I always don't grab the brush handle only but also the head of the handle with one of my fingers to avoid bending it too much. This gives me more control with the application. Someone mentioned it sheers out the product you're using. I can not confirm that. All that Artis brushes give me are flawless, airbrushed results: nicely and smooth blended. Maybe that's because I dot the product on my face and not on the brush itself. Who knows? I always use Revlon Colorstay (Combo/Oily Skin) foundation and with Artis Oval 8, I never had such a flawless, natural, non-cakey result. I use a close-up mirror (10x) and all I see is a smooth canvas, as if I see a better skin. Be careful though: If you're face is not smooth and moisturized, even this brush can't do wonders. The result can end up cakey and dry patches. But it is well known that no matter if you use your fingers, beauty blender, sponges, brushes or oval brushes, none of these tools can save your result if your skin is not well prepared. -> If you exfoliate and moisturize your skin well, you will truly see what I'm talking about when I say, Artis brushes are my new Holy Grail brushes. When I clean the brush (microfiber towel, no water, soap or foam), sure, there will always be a hint of product that stuck on the brush. But it's so minimal that's not worth mentioning. My only concerns are that Artis is expensive (Elite Mirror brushes) and that I have the urge to treat their brushes very gentley because I don't want to repurchase their brushes for such a high amount of money.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

1.0

6 months ago

My brush snapped in half, I saw four reviews at another site, so thought I would check here. This company is terrible, I don’t care if the brush is 100 years old, you sold metal, but it was plastic with a cheap shiny paint. You should stand by your name. I saw your latest marketing, it’s obvious you just a marketing company with a redundant bad brush, there is nothing magical about you sleep bags.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

I loved this brush for applying foundation, BUT after a year of not so regular use, the brush snapped in half at the narrowest point near the brush head!!!! Because it has been over a year, I'm out of luck. $67 is too much to pay for a brush that won't stand up to gentle use. I'm a brush junkie and have spent hundreds on my brush collection and this is terribly disappointing!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

3 years ago

please do not waste your money on this brush...it sheers out foundation worse than the beauty blender and because the brush is so dense it really drags on your skin. Pros: blends out liquid foundation so there are no streaks Cons: Sheers out foundation making you use more product Drags on skin The application process is tiring due to its awkward handle Expensive , its not worth its retail price Makes foundation look cakey and oily

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Wow. This brush helps you apply makeup flawlessly. It's expensive... Probably too much for what it does, but I'd rather use this than any other brush or an airbrush gun. Love, love it. Perfect size to apply foundation and give you that airbrush look

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Best foundation brush I have ever used!!! Applies foundation flawlessly and very fast because of its larger size, but not too big (like I suspect the oval 10 would be). It's comfortable to hold, easy to handle and maneuver, doesn't soak up and waste product, and is so easy to clean (I use the Artis brand foaming cleaner and cloth/pad). I feel like throwing out all my other foundation brushes since I got this!!! So happy with it, it's so worth the money!!

About reviewer (456 reviews)

Age44-55