Tarte Drink H2O Hydrating Boost

Tarte  Drink H2O Hydrating Boost

3.3

on 4/19/2018 12:06:00 PM

I got a 15ml sample of this product. While being a big Tarte makeup fan, I'm not sold on this moisturizer. It has a gel consistency, opaque in colour, and smells a bit like lavender to me but fades quickly. It's a bit sticky after it is applied so you have to wait to let it dry before applying makeup. I'm more hit than miss with primer so I'm usually applying makeup right over top. Makeup goes on ok but there's no primer or blur effect -- my pores look as big as ever. All in all, it might be ok for someone with younger skin but I'm going back to my Vichy moisturizer.

on 4/17/2018 8:03:00 PM

It has a great soothing effect initially but it wears off so quickly. I don't feel that it's hydrating enough to last me throughout the day and you don't get much product. The packaging is adorable but that's really all there is to this product. I've tried drugstore products that are a fraction of the price and work much better. Save your money and pass on this!

on 11/16/2017 7:44:00 PM

I love this moisturizer! It is a gel like consistency but moisturized so well but the wow factor came when I woke the next morning with smooth glowing skin. It's a bit pricy but IMO worth it. Plus the Tarte packaging looks so pretty on the counter. Note: I have normal skin and use after cleaning and toning. Would repurchase and recommend!

on 10/21/2017 9:43:00 AM

I got a sample of this. I will not buy it. I actually found that it dried my skin out.

on 6/27/2017 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I was disappointed to see that the third ingredient in this moisturizer is dimethicone. It's basically just silicone and water. Although silicones give a smooth feel/appearance to the face, they don't actually nourish the skin. I want my moisturizer to actually moisturize me, not simply give the illusion that it is doing so. Silicones also coat the skin with a barrier, preventing whatever helpful ingredients actually are in this product from being properly absorbed into the skin. This isn't quite as bothersome, but the jar packaging will also hinder any positive effects from this product by overexposing it to air. Overall I don't think this is good as a moisturizer, which is what it's marketed as, hence my low rating. However it works well as a smoothing/hydrating primer underneath my foundation. It helps the foundation apply smoothly and seems to eliminate dry patches. So I bumped it up to 2 stars. I will continue using it for that purpose.

I really liked this when I tried it out in sephora and I don't hate it now but $44 with tax and I need two layers to get close to the same comfortable hydrated skin feeling that my ponds dry skin cream gives me! Just no! This stuff probably would have worked like a dream for me when I was 20 to 25 but literally everything worked like a dream then because my skin hardly needed anything. But at 31 this is not enough. and though it does make a nice glow for a little while my skin eats it up fast and is left uncomfortable again and when I apply another layer it starts getting sticky! I would not buy again because I can only wear it to bed because it doesn't feel good under makeup! I'm telling you if you are over 25 and have dry skin get the ponds dry skin cream. I've tried so many fancy expensive creams and nothing compares! There's a reason it's a cult favorite! Save your money because it's only under $5 and makes me look 19.

This product is amazing. I use to have really dry skin and using this a little bit after I wash my face (and I mean only a little bit cause this stuff is super thick) My skin now feels so much softer and alive now the price is a little ridiculous but it's worth it.

on 10/23/2016 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Received a deluxe sample of this. This is a nice enough product. It definitely made my skin feel smoother and softer, and made my skin look more evened out, and all in all it made my skin "look better". However, this has quite a heavy scent to it, and the scent lingers for me for about half an hour after application. The scent is kind of strange, it smells floral, but then sometimes it smells like Lemon Pledge! I just feel like skin products should not be scented, and I am a little disappointed that Tarte chose to add a scent to this. This is also a very lightweight moisturizer, so if your skin is dry, this might not do much of anything for you. My skin is currently in pretty decent shape, so I did not need any real moisturizing aspect. It did almost act like a primer, in that it kind of actually blurred my pores a little bit. But due to the heavy scent, that lingers for about half an hour after application, I won't be purchasing this.

This is definitely "a nice enough product," but it just does not "wow" me. Plus the scent makes this a no-purchase for me. Thankfully, this did not irritate my skin nor break me out. Scented skin products often do that for my skin, my skin is sensitive, so if your skin is sensitive, or if your nose is sensitive, the scent might be a no- go for you, too.

on 10/23/2016 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great moisturizer. It's thin and gel like but it's very hydrating. It sinks in completely without leaving any film and it just leave my skin with a nice glow that isn't shiny.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A nice moisturizer that does not cause breakouts or irritate the skin. Has a nice pleasant scent. It's a light gel consistently that is not greasy or oily. It quickly absorbs into the skin. Appears to be a great summertime moisturizer.