Glossier Stretch Concealer

Glossier Stretch Concealer
Stretch Concealer

3.2

Not tested on animals

Octyldodecanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, BeesWax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Esters, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Silica,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't understand the hate this is receiving!

I LOVE stretch concealer! I have it both in Light & Medium depending on time of year.

One of my newest favourite ways to use it is as a quick foundation on the areas I need coverage -- hear me out!

I find it's great for evening out and masking some post-acne texture on my right cheek. I swipe and dab it in with clean fingers or a sponge , add another layer, then set with the Wowder. It lasts all day and my skin looks glowly and natural with no extra attention drawn to the texture.

on 12/4/2017 9:27:00 PM

This concealer is creamy and blends well, but I haven’t been able to get much coverage from it. It has a tendency to crease on my skin, especially if I try to build up layers. But the sheer and dewy finish are well suited for the natural look that is currently popular around here, so I've been wearing it for an everyday/casual look. The glass container is solid and heavy, so it's not suited for travel. When it runs out I will not repurchase.

on 12/3/2017 12:27:00 AM

I have the colour medium which is a great match but the product is too greasy and slick. No one needs their face to be that dewey. I will finish it but would not buy again.

PS. Love the pink pouch.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Definitely don't recommend if you have bad dark circles (and by bad, I mean your dark circles are a clear 5 to 7 shades darker than the rest of your face). It's very creamy and slides around too easily. Is also too ashy for olive/golden/tan skintones.

on 10/10/2017 10:51:00 PM

So much YES for this product. I'm 41, am starting to develop a few fine lines around the eyes, and cannot wear a concealer that is too heavy or dry on any part of my face. No, this is not opaque. It is not a heavy-duty concealer. But it reduces redness, brown spots, and undereye circles while leaving you skin looking like...skin. I am in love.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my two favorite concealers. (The other is Rimmel Match Perfection). I just like how the formula is easy to blend, and doesn't crease (on me at least.) I also have RMS UnCover Up and I definitely prefer the Glossier to it. Even beyond the fact that Glossier Stretch Concealer is half the price of RMS UnCover Up, the formula of the RMS is dryer, slightly thicker, and more work to blend. Both I can use for an all over very light coverage, and so skipping foundation altogether. I need the most help under my eyes and this works well enough for what I want. It's probably not going to be enough if you have serious dark undereyes. I have the Stretch Concealer in Medium and I'm an NC 20.

on 8/24/2017 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Another conflicting product from Glossier! I have it in the shade fair, and when thinly applied in large patches to the face it acts as a beautiful glowy base that I absolutely love. I found myself admiring how great my skin looked on these days. Additionally, the little shiny pot it comes in is really sturdy, and the ingredient list is nice and simple.

However, all positivity aside now, this product contains cocoa butter. As read on the website, they describe it as "A natural fat full of the good stuff that promotes skin elasticity and suppleness", this is true, but ranked from 1-5 with other moisturizing agents on their "comedogenicity" level (pore clogging abilities) cocoa butter emerges in the deep end with high comedogenicity rating of 4. I have never had acne problems in my entire life, but when I looked at my skin the day after generously wearing this concealer, my skin looked bumpy, spotty, and red. If you care about your pores, stay faaaar away from this concealer. The glowy finish can be found elsewhere in a BB cream or Cushion foundation.

If you can wear it without getting zits then congratulations, but buyer beware- get to a store and somehow try this first before forking out $20. Your pores will thank you.

on 8/4/2017 10:14:00 AM

Just got it and tried for the first time. It's strangely greasy. Did not expect! The coverage is OK. But honestly, I have a lot of drug store concealers that work just as well, that were much cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This has a pretty good coverage--I do a couple swirls with my fingertip and apply by tapping (and it is very buildable; sometimes I tap on several layers.) I use it on any hyperpigmentation, redness, red zits, and big pores I have. It obviously won't render these things invisible, but it gets pretty close to that. This doesn't break me out, which I am absolutely thankful for, and makes my skin softer somehow--must be the avocado oil and jojoba oil and cocoa butter--and VERY dewey--credit to the oils. Again, the oils do not break me out.
I gave it a 4/5 because it can get greasy and separate (only around my t-zone) if I don't set my oily ass face or blot now and then.

Pros:
blends into my skin--doesn't make me look like I'm wearing makeup but makes me look like I have great skin
doesn't feel heavy
dEWEY
Buildable coverage
My skin doesn't react with acne or irritation

Cons:
can get greasy in oily places --> easily solved by blotting (which doesn't take off the makeup)

So all in all pretty solid!

Edit: Now I actually use a flat concealer brush rather than my finger. I find that I have more control with the brush, since I tend to cake on too much with my finger. And when I blend the edges out with the brush, it won't take away the coverage on top of the blemishes/hyperpigmentations, unlike when I just tap at it with my finger like crazy. Using the brush probably somewhat defeats the purpose of Glossier's on-the-go, all-fingers philosophy, but I actually feel like the brush is more efficient to use!

I have been testing this concealer for more than a month, tried every possible make-up application technique under the sun just to make it work - but alas! This concealer is just so bad.

I have dry skin and am in my 20s. I also have very dark circles under my eyes. So knowing that this concealer had avocado and jojoba in it, I figured it would be simply amazing for me. However, it settles into every little fine line and pore on my face (and under my eyes). I speak more about my application techniques and overall product quality in a separate review (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/07/19/Is-It-Worth-The-Hype-Glossier-Stretch-Concealer), but no matter what I did (how much I exfoliated) it just sat there on top of my skin, looking like a greasy mess. Don't recommend! I would rather add more money and buy something from Sephora instead.