Glossier Stretch Concealer

Glossier Stretch Concealer
Stretch ConcealerStretch Concealer

3.3

Not tested on animals

Octyldodecanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, BeesWax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Esters, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Silica,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I own all three highlighters, and I wear the shade "Medium 20" (g9 in the new shades) in the stretch concealer for reference (not sure what the equivalent is in the new shades though!). All of the highlighters look great! I especially love the shade Quartz. I have used highlighters that give a more intense effect, but you have to know that this will NOT give you that heavily highlighted look. This will merely add a beautiful, dewy sheen with a hint of shimmer to your face. It's not glittery by any means. It gives you a healthy, beautiful glow. I love wearing it when I do natural makeup, just to give my skin that extra oomph. I really recommend this product, as I have already made my friends buy it (they love it too!). I love moonstone as well, but I find that I can only wear it when I’m paler (in the winter), as the blue/purple-tones look a bit unnatural against my olive skin when tanned. The price might be a little much, but it's a lot less than most highlighters on the market. It's $22, but you can use my link for 10% off your next Glossier purchase! You're welcome :) https://re.glossier.com/94e9f50b

on 4/2/2019 11:37:00 PM

If you're looking for a high coverage, long wearing concealer: this isn't it. But you know what? I like it anyway. I've always had very stubborn acne with a lot of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation but ever since working on my skincare and clearing a lot of that up as a result, this has been a great concealer to wear on days when you're on the go and just want to brighten up under the eyes and cover some redness & fading pigmentation. I do not wear foundation often anymore either as I don't want to cover up parts of my skin that don't need covering and this is great to wear sans foundation without looking cakey on bare skin. Would I wear this on breakout days? Nah, I have other concealers for that. This concealer overall is great but only if you know what your expecting from it. Feel free to use this link if you want 10% off https://re.glossier.com/be08b219

on 3/30/2019 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very light coverage concealer, doesn't seem to layer very well without creasing because it's so moisturizing. Would be good for someone who just wants a touch of light, natural looking coverage. Doesn't outperform cheaper alternatives such as maybelline better skin. Would not repurchase.

This is a pretty decent concealer, especially if you're looking for a natural or dewy look. It's very creamy and blends easily. It doesn't cover up much but it's enough to even out my skin tone and brighten up my under eyes. I can apply this with my fingers or use a brush. Sometimes I will use a concealer brush for smaller areas or I'll use a slightly larger brush (like the Real Techniques Expert Face brush) and apply it all over like a foundation or tinted moisturizer. I've enjoyed using this concealer throughout the winter since it's so dewy and kind to my dry skin. But I won't be repurchasing because I know this won't last on my skin in the summer. Even with my dry winter skin I still have to powder the heck out of this to get it to stay. It works for days when I know my makeup won't be on for a long time but for a full day I would rather reach for something else. I should also mention that I wear a lot of sunscreen and I'm sure this affects the wear time. That being said, I would be cautious with this if you prefer long-wear products. It's a really lovely concealer but it isn't a "workhorse" product for me because I can't wear it a full day without getting greasy or having it completely wear off. I paid $18 for this. The packaging is really nice. I would totally repurchase if the wear time was better.

This is one of my all-time favorite concealers. That being said, do not purchase it if you intend on having full coverage or if you mainly want to cover spots with it, it's not the point of the product.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I absolutely hate having detectable makeup, especially in daylight. This concealer is an absolute dream... it is undetectable even up close if the most unflattering light which is something I have yet to experience with any other complexion product...ever. It is the only concealer I would ever wear without face makeup. It blends in absolutely beautifully with your skin.

In terms of coverage, it's definitely a sheer to medium coverage. It can be built up pretty well, but there's always a peak of your skin through it (in my case, discoloration or dark spots...) but that makes it a lot more natural looking but with quite a coverage and brightening.

Longevity? It creases far less than any other concealer I've used despite it being so greasy in texture. After a long day, it has only slightly settled in the folds under my eyes and it is so easily taken care of that it's surprisingly a non-issue with this product despite my gripes with creasing. The staying power is also surprisingly great. For anyone wondering, I have weirdly dry yet oily undereyes... meaning most concealers dry me out and look bad but they also all crease really quickly.

My recommendations with this product are to powder it lightly after application (although it wear wonderfully without...it just looks a tad shiny at first) and to use another concealer for any spots you want to erase completely because this won't do it. Overall, it's a great great product and I would highly recommend it to pretty much everyone. I do have a 10% code for anyone who wants to make a Glossier purchase: https://re.glossier.com/1ad96279

I consider all of my makeup to be multifunctional; lipstick can be used as blush, powder blush or - highlighter can be used as eyeshadow and a concealer can be used as foundation. I still own way too much makeup but that's another discussion :). It doesn't matter to me how a product is marketed; I look at the formula and composition and decide for myself how I want to use it.

SC is very emollient due to the coconut oil. Perfect for my dry skin but not for others. Glossier recently expanded the color range so everyone should be able to find their color. I like using Stretch Concealer as a (very) light cover foundation on dry cheek days and no-makeup days. If I use it as an under eye concealer I have to powder over it a tiny bit to prevent it disappearing mid day. I often bring my SC (Medium and Dark) with me in my travel bag since the little pots are very sturdy. I would use Medium on my cheeks just where I need it and Dark (which is quite peachy) under my eyes. Check out Katie Jane Hughes on Instagram for tips on how to apply SC.

This is a great medium coverage, creamy concealor especially if you have dry skin or live in a dry climate. It blends easily and isn't extremely expensive! The colour range is limited though, so you're out of luck if you don't happen to match their 3 shades.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this. It appears hydrating and the claims sounded wonderful. However, there’s not a lot of pigment- you may as well use your foundation under your eyes. It also creases like crazy, emphasis all my fine lines and separates after a couple hours. A good explanation of the texture I can give is beeswax with a drop of pigment- not worth the money, drug store concealers are better and less expensive

on 1/29/2019 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

So hard to give this product the 2 stars it deserves, because I love the way it looks on my skin. So dewy, such a natural looking finish. But after using it for at least a year, not using it anymore, and using a new cleanser, the concentrated cluster of whiteheads I had on my cheek that wouldn't budge is purging. I'm going to give it some time to see if my skin clears up more, but I wish this didn't have cocoa butter in it because I'm sure this concealer could have been the culprit for that area. The biggest problem with this concealer is that it doesn't stay on if I'm doing anything that means there's any friction on my skin (laying down, hugging someone, wiping my face, etc). Another big problem is that there aren't enough shades, and I don't want to spend another $18 blending two colors to get my winter shade. Update - Glossier added more shades! Cool :~)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the product when I first wore it, by the second wear, however, I started developing little red itchy bumps on my face. I had clear skin and now I have red itchy cheeks. I have been using an oatmeal mask to treat it and it seems to be helping. No, I don’t recommend this product.