Glossier Stretch Concealer

Glossier Stretch Concealer
Stretch ConcealerStretch Concealer

3.2

Not tested on animals

Octyldodecanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, BeesWax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Esters, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Silica,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I consider all of my makeup to be multifunctional; lipstick can be used as blush, powder blush or - highlighter can be used as eyeshadow and a concealer can be used as foundation. I still own way too much makeup but that's another discussion :). It doesn't matter to me how a product is marketed; I look at the formula and composition and decide for myself how I want to use it.

SC is very emollient due to the coconut oil. Perfect for my dry skin but not for others. Glossier recently expanded the color range so everyone should be able to find their color. I like using Stretch Concealer as a (very) light cover foundation on dry cheek days and no-makeup days. If I use it as an under eye concealer I have to powder over it a tiny bit to prevent it disappearing mid day. I often bring my SC (Medium and Dark) with me in my travel bag since the little pots are very sturdy. I would use Medium on my cheeks just where I need it and Dark (which is quite peachy) under my eyes. Check out Katie Jane Hughes on Instagram for tips on how to apply SC.

This is a great medium coverage, creamy concealor especially if you have dry skin or live in a dry climate. It blends easily and isn't extremely expensive! The colour range is limited though, so you're out of luck if you don't happen to match their 3 shades.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this. It appears hydrating and the claims sounded wonderful. However, there’s not a lot of pigment- you may as well use your foundation under your eyes. It also creases like crazy, emphasis all my fine lines and separates after a couple hours. A good explanation of the texture I can give is beeswax with a drop of pigment- not worth the money, drug store concealers are better and less expensive

on 1/29/2019 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

So hard to give this product the 2 stars it deserves, because I love the way it looks on my skin. So dewy, such a natural looking finish. But after using it for at least a year, not using it anymore, and using a new cleanser, the cluster of whiteheads I had on my cheek that wouldn't budge is purging. I'm going to give it some time to see if my skin clears up more, but I wish this didn't have cocoa butter in it because I'm sure this concealer could have been the culprit. The biggest problem with this concealer is that it doesn't stay on if I'm doing anything that means there's any friction on my skin (laying down, hugging someone, wiping my face, etc). Another big problem is that there aren't enough shades, and I don't want to spend another $18 blending two colors to get my winter shade. Update - Glossier added more shades! Cool :~)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the product when I first wore it, by the second wear, however, I started developing little red itchy bumps on my face. I had clear skin and now I have red itchy cheeks. I have been using an oatmeal mask to treat it and it seems to be helping. No, I don’t recommend this product.

on 1/6/2019 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If you're looking for a high coverage, long wearing concealer: this isn't it. But you know what? I like it anyway. I've always had very stubborn acne with a lot of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation but ever since working on my skincare and clearing a lot of that up as a result, this has been a great concealer to wear on days when you're on the go and just want to brighten up under the eyes and cover some redness & fading pigmentation. I don't wear foundation often anymore either as I don't want to cover up parts of my skin that don't need covering and this is great to wear sans foundation without looking cakey on bare skin. Would I wear this on breakout days? Nah, I have other concealers for that. This concealer overall is great but only if you know what your expecting from it.

This was a gift from my skin-twin here on MUA. We are NC-40/42 and have a heck of a time finding good matches. Enter Glossier Stretch Concealer in shade Dark 30. It's creamy and moist and has enough pigment in it to really blot out redness, light under eye circles. I would not recommend this for those who need a lot of heavy duty cover-up. It is buildable between light layers of powder. Once it's set it does not move. Should be used with a primer to prevent fading.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Including the shipping frees, I have spent $25 on this, which is totally not worth it. The only reason why I brought this is because the good reviews about how hydrating it is - very appealing to someone with super dry skin like I do. However, no matters how well my face is primed and moisturized, after a while this concealer will starting to look cakey on my face. It claims to be coverage-buildable but when I tried to put one more layer under my eyes for my dark circles, it looked horribly powdery and cakey. Maybelline fit me concealer is much more hydrating than this. I'm not even joking. And the packaging of this always make me have to get my finger dirty.

on 9/19/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Honestly I wanted to dislike this product.. I wanted to return the product as it's so expensive for such little product.
I bought it originally to see what the fuss is about then return it cos it'll probably provide no coverage whatsoever. But... Its actually such a good natural look product. I don't have prominent dark circles nor eye bags but I do have some discoloration and creases. This concealer sits on them in the most natural way and in my experience didn't crease over 5 hours wear. It also makes me look really awake and fresh thanks to its dewy finish. HOWEVER I just don't think its worth 17 quid for a med coverage concealer in such a small quantity. So I'm not sure I'll purchase this again given that Maybelline Age Rewind concealer exists.

Edit: Alright so I realized it creases and settles on lines so much and very visibly on certain days and not on other days. It's extremely odd. Either way, definitely not worth the price.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I SO wanted to love this concealer, and it's only after months (yes I persevered way too long!) of usage that I have to admit defeat and throw this away. The main reason I kept trying to make this concealer work for me was because when it first goes on the skin it looks awesome - dewy and luminous and it really does seem to 'stretch' over the skin. HOWEVER dewy turns to an absolute oil slick and it starts separating, looking like you haven't worked it into the skin at all. This is only made worse by the fact that the pigment is so light you have to really layer it on to have any effect - creating a cakey effect by half way through the day. The final blow for me was when I realised it was making me break out and aggravating existing redness.