Glossier Generation G

Glossier Generation G
Generation GGeneration GGeneration G

3.2

Not tested on animals

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, C10-18 Triglycerides, Isohexadecane Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Punica Granatum Extract, Silica, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isoceteth-10, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Laureth-4, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 7/21/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I bought this in two shades: Zip and Cake. Zip turned out to be a lot brighter than I had expected. Cake, however, looks great! It doesn't give my lips too much color but somehow makes my face look more "together" if that makes any sense?

But as much as I like this product, I can't imagine ever again spending this much money on what is basically a tinted lip balm again. I was curious about it, so I bought it once and tried it. I got it out of my system, so it'll be back to my Burts Bees Tinted Balm when these run out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If it wasn't for the price I would give 4 stars. As a fan of the No MakeUp MakeUp look I love the idea: sheer color AND matte. But... you can get 'sheer' color by just applying your matte lipstick lightly with a lip brush. So the only point of getting a sheer matte lipstick would be saving some seconds but, the price is too much for that. If I were in the USA this would cost cheaper, MAYBE I would purchase then. But it costs even more expensive for those of us outside of the USA and it's not worth the price.

The price of this really shouldn't be more than like, say, Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms. And I actually think Burt's Bees is better quality including the packaging, just not matte.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was very disappointed with this product. I got it in the color Zip, which is a poppy red shade, but the cheap packaging and patchy color payoff was not something I expected for the price I paid. :(

on 6/7/2018 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I live near the showroom and decided to check it out on a weekend morning just as they opened (before the crowds). Purchased Lipstick in Zip color. I like sheer effortless lipsticks that give a little natural color. The color was fine - bright enough and not too orange and definitely not too blue. But the texture is hard and waxy so you do end up blotting off the waxy blobs. Also after several weeks in my purse - in a protected makeup bag - the lipstick has broken at the base so every time I open it sticks to the lid. Also the tube is cracked and the lettering is wearing off. Not great packaging. I think I’ll stick to Lipstick Queen Medieval which is superior.

on 5/22/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do love the idea of this product which is why I bought it but I actually feel like this product is way too expensive for his sheer formula. I could probably find something way cheaper.

That being said the texture is hard and dry. It is matte so doesn't really offer any moisturizing properties even tho its suppose to be that matte lip balm look.

I picked it up in the color "Leo" and its way to sheer to show up on my skintone. I have to rub it like at least five times for the brown color to show up.

on 5/17/2018 8:05:00 PM

I purchased Generation G lipstick in the shade Cake. Despite the hate around glossier having make-up that is too minimal to be makeup, I really like it. I enjoy natural makeup because I just don’t like how I look when it LOOKS like I’m wearing makeup. I’m a minimalist even with my red patchy skin :) I enjoy that this lipstick is subtle and fades away gracefully. It’s not longwear but it ages gracefully and doesn’t leave stains in the dry cracks of your lips. It also doesn’t get on your teeth. Two things I can’t handle as a teacher who has zero time to even go to the bathroom during the work day. I will say that the packaging is cheap and bugs me. Especially if I’m paying $18. I would purchase this product again, with fingers crossed hoping for a packaging improvement!

on 4/27/2018 5:35:00 PM

I bought this is in the shade Like, which is a faint, pink YLBB shade. I expected to like this, but found the formula to be horrible. IDK if my tube is a dud, or if they all are like this (if so - yikes), but it smells like rancid cooking oil, and it somehow manages to both be drying AND to give my lips an oily "just-eaten-greasy-chinese" feel. Tried it a few times, but couldn't stomach it.

It's a lip balm with a tint. Nothing special. It's expensive for a lip balm.. . You can have two drugstore lipstick, twice better quality than this. Or just buy a kat von D matte liptint or fenty beauty lipstick as slender as this one but with long lasting beautiful colors and better packaging. This looks like a sample size lipstick to me

on 4/12/2018 6:55:00 AM

I have mixed reviews on this. I love what the product is meant to do and it looks good when first applied. But it doesn't last. I have the shades cake and like. Cake looks quite brown against my skin tone and like looks quite berryish. Applied together though the colour is perfect (cake underneath and like on top). Just a natural every day lip that looks good with anything. However, they both have a not nice scent (this is definitely more noticeable in like) and it puts me off slightly. They feel almost wax crayon like and aren't that moisturising on the lips (you can feel you're wearing them). The biggest problem is less than an hour they have completely worn off and my lips are bare! I had like for one day, didn't wind the bullet up too far yet it snapped at the base and now wiggles around in the casing.

on 4/5/2018 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really like the formula, I always dab lipstick and blend the colour in with my finger, so this achieves that natural look without having to do extra work. Really dislike the packaging, given how much it is.