3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

24 days ago

This lipstick is great for an everyday look. The product is very comfortable to wear and gives a subtle matte blotted lip look. I wear this lipstick everyday. It does not chip on my lips and I can even eat and my lipstick doesn’t turn into a mess. This product is buildable. Personally I go for a more natural look by only putting on a few swipes. When I want to amp it up though I can build on the product for a less natural look. This is a fantastic product and I will keep buying it! If you would like to buy this product, or other product, and get 10% off your order, use my link: https://re.glossier.com/c3d67cb8

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

2 months ago

I love these! I have them in Crush, Leo, and Zip. I wear Crush all the time, it's a bright pop of color if layered but still looks natural/normal, not a super high glam makeup look. Leo is a natural nude on me if applied lightly, and kind of a 90s brown if layered. Zip is a nice soft red, a little orangy on me. I usually apply lip balm before and these don't dry out my lips, unlike the Colourpop dupe (that I think is discontinued anyway). I've only had the newer packaging, which doesn't seem to have any issues the older version may have had. I think they may also have reformulated before I first purchased. I will likely buy more colors in the future, since I just always find myself reaching for these over any other lip product. They're so easy to wear sheer during the day, then build up at night. My favorite thing about them is that if you eat or don't reapply, they fade very naturally and never look odd around the edges. And if you do reapply, you don't need a mirror. If you're ordering from Glossier for the first time, you can get 10% off with my referral code: https://re.glossier.com/cca1963d

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

fromBuffie

3 months ago

FINALLY the perfect lip stain & color! This review is for the color “Like.” I’m a light spring (lightest cool skin/eyes, warm hair), for reference. Since I started wearing makeup (much younger than most, since I’m translucent without it), I’ve been searching for the lip tint that I see in period films. You know, the one that’s supposed to look as if you’re not wearing any makeup. Lip tints are ALWAYS too opaque, too bright, too dark, etc. And I can never wear color on my lips, without feeling like I have to wear nothing on my eyes, or I’ll appear overly made up. This looks perfect, regardless of what I do with my eye makeup! If you have similar coloring (very light), this is THE PERFECT LIP COLOR for looking natural, younger, fresher...basically, like you’re not wearing any makeup! Moreover, it stays on. I can put a clear spf balm over it, without it budging. I really cannot emphasize enough how amazing it is. DEAR GLOSSIER: PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS, IN “LIKE!”

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

fromTovah

4 months ago

My all-time favorite lipstick. It is perfect; exactly what I've always wanted. It looks great on my lips and it lasts. It enhances my appearance but doesn't scream "makeup!" So so so so so so good. What I've always wanted! Zip is a fun, classic red, and it looks classy. I also have Cake and Jam, and I adore them. I weat these alone, topped with Glossier Red Gloss, or topped with various Balm Dotcoms, and they are always beautiful. These lipsticks enhance, rather than cover, which is what I want my makeup to do.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

3.0
fromtadama

5 months ago

I LOVE the idea of a sheer, blotted lip look, so I was very excited to try these lipsticks. I have the shades Crush and Jam. While I do really like the shades, and they're fairly long lasting, they tend to dry out the lips and accentuate any cracks. I also have some issues with the lipstick tube, as sometimes I twist it down but the lipstick stays up and I have to push it in with my fingers. Great concept but the product itself could be improved.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago

I am in love with this lipstick. I have 3 shades, Cake, which is my favorite, and probably my favorite lipstick overall right now! (I have A LOT of them too)... it's a warm peachy color and it looks phenomenal when I'm going for a more un done look, which is quite alot. The formula is awesome, looks blotted no matter how much i apply, is matte but not full and cakey, more sheer, surprisingly hydrating, very similar to mac powder kiss, and smells like roses. I also have Leo (straight up brown) and Zip, (a warm, bright but amazingly wearable tomato red)... I dont really care for the other colors available but these 3 serve my basic needs and I will re order all of them soon as they get low. I like ththe packaging, a chic white tube with the lipstick itself being of the flat nature, no point to it or anything.. I think they cost about 18 dollars. I LOVE the 3 I have, especially CAKE!!!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

fromAG805

6 months ago

Got the colour 'like' and really like it! Goes well for a natural look, I read a lot of reviews before purchasing and people are really on the fence for this item but I took a chance and it paid off. I'm not crazy into lipsticks and I feel like this is a nice easy introduction that doesn't go all over my teeth!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

7 months ago

I won’t go into much description of Generation G as other reviews have done so better than I other could. I have the new tube with the silver inside lining, so there are no problems with it coming out of the tube. The lipstick itself it hard and waxy. The color is sheer and matte, but more color can be built up with multiple layers. The product is not drying on the lips, but it does not provide moisture, either. I guess I like these more than the typical MUA reviewer; however, 1) I knew what I was getting when I purchased Generation G and 2) I tend to like sheerer lip colors. I purchased the color Like, which is described as “a light, cool pink.” In truth, it’s more of a neutral light pink, which is obvious from how it looks on the models’ lips in the pictures on the website. Nonetheless, I had it in my head it would be cooler in tone, though being sheer, I suppose how it appears depends a lot on each individual’s skin tone. My skin tone is NW10 (and my lips are pale pink), so I was surprised that it pulled warmer on me than on the models on the website. It still looks very good, though. It gives a very natural look. I might buy Crush or Jam in the future.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

10 months ago

I love sheers, I love mattes and I love reds, so of course I had to try this in Zip -- and I was disappointed. I like the look, but the effect is the same that you could get from lightly dabbing on any matte lipstick, and there is a distinct odor of Play Doh which is frankly embarrassing at this price point. (And yes, I have the new version with the silver inner tube that was supposed to have fixed this problem. The old version's smell must have really been something.) Texture wise, it's pretty dry and firm. You have to drag to get the color to deposit and like any other matte, it is a bit drying. It lasts six hours and fades pretty naturally and evenly as long as I don't eat or wear a lip balm on top. With balm it lasts maybe two hours so I'd steer clear if you have dry lips.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

Bought this is the shade Cake. I love how it’s an apricot brown without absolutely any pink in my. These are really sheer but can be built up quite a bit so it’s a nice versatile product, they are a bit drying which I why I won’t give it 5 lippies but overall I do enjoy how it looks on me and doesn’t settle in my lip lines or feather out.

About reviewer (293 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral