Glossier Generation G

Glossier Generation G
Generation GGeneration GGeneration GGeneration G

3.3

Not tested on animals

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, C10-18 Triglycerides, Isohexadecane Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Punica Granatum Extract, Silica, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isoceteth-10, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Laureth-4, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

I only have one color (Cake) but I really enjoy this product and plan on picking up more shades soon. I only wear tinted lip balms and lip gloss so this product is a bit different for me. I really like it though. It's sheer and has a balmy texture but it leaves you with a matte, blotted look. It's pretty comfortable in my opinion and the lasting power is decent, better than the average tinted lip balm. Cake is probably the lightest shade and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with pigmented lips. My lips are a light pink and it's pretty subtle on me. It's pretty and gives me a peachy warm look, but I am curious to see how some of the other colors look.

I should add that I purchased Cake after the reformulation and package update. I didn't try Generation G prior to the update but so far I have no issues. The packaging looks nice and seems sturdy.

Overall I really like this product. It's a nice way to experiment with matte lip products without committing to a lot of pigmentation or a drying texture.

I Love this lipstick!. I have been looking for a lipstick like this for a while. It went on smooth, matte, and beautiful! It lasted a while for me and was very even on my lips. I have used a lot of drugstore lipsticks that make my lips look dry and patchy, so after reading reviews I thought that would happen to me but it didn’t. It fades away beautifully and doesn’t leave weird stains like other heavier lipsticks do. Mine lasted hours on me. I have the shade Zip that is a perfect red that isn’t too cool or too warm. And I have Crush that’s a bright pink.

on 9/25/2018 9:38:00 AM

The packaging is pretty crappy for the price. After a few months, both of the lipsticks I purhcased had detached from the bottom of the tube and are knocking around. I'm a total sucker for the shade Leo though, so I would repurchase.

This lipstick is great. I'm more inclined to call it a lip stain because the color is so subtle (but buildable) and it goes on almost like a chapstick. The color payoff is awesome, I just wish it had more staying power - I find that I have to reapply a layer after a couple hours. And you HAVE to use a lip scrub before putting it on, or it will show all the imperfections in your lips (dryness, cracked or peeling skin). Other than that, Generation G is almost perfect, and I would definitely repurchase!

on 7/21/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I bought this in two shades: Zip and Cake. Zip turned out to be a lot brighter than I had expected. Cake, however, looks great! It doesn't give my lips too much color but somehow makes my face look more "together" if that makes any sense?

But as much as I like this product, I can't imagine ever again spending this much money on what is basically a tinted lip balm again. I was curious about it, so I bought it once and tried it. I got it out of my system, so it'll be back to my Burts Bees Tinted Balm when these run out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If it wasn't for the price I would give 4 stars. As a fan of the No MakeUp MakeUp look I love the idea: sheer color AND matte. But... you can get 'sheer' color by just applying your matte lipstick lightly with a lip brush. So the only point of getting a sheer matte lipstick would be saving some seconds but, the price is too much for that. If I were in the USA this would cost cheaper, MAYBE I would purchase then. But it costs even more expensive for those of us outside of the USA and it's not worth the price.

The price of this really shouldn't be more than like, say, Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms. And I actually think Burt's Bees is better quality including the packaging, just not matte.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was very disappointed with this product. I got it in the color Zip, which is a poppy red shade, but the cheap packaging and patchy color payoff was not something I expected for the price I paid. :(

on 6/7/2018 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I live near the showroom and decided to check it out on a weekend morning just as they opened (before the crowds). Purchased Lipstick in Zip color. I like sheer effortless lipsticks that give a little natural color. The color was fine - bright enough and not too orange and definitely not too blue. But the texture is hard and waxy so you do end up blotting off the waxy blobs. Also after several weeks in my purse - in a protected makeup bag - the lipstick has broken at the base so every time I open it sticks to the lid. Also the tube is cracked and the lettering is wearing off. Not great packaging. I think I’ll stick to Lipstick Queen Medieval which is superior.

on 5/22/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do love the idea of this product which is why I bought it but I actually feel like this product is way too expensive for his sheer formula. I could probably find something way cheaper.

That being said the texture is hard and dry. It is matte so doesn't really offer any moisturizing properties even tho its suppose to be that matte lip balm look.

I picked it up in the color "Leo" and its way to sheer to show up on my skintone. I have to rub it like at least five times for the brown color to show up.

on 5/17/2018 8:05:00 PM

I purchased Generation G lipstick in the shade Cake. Despite the hate around glossier having make-up that is too minimal to be makeup, I really like it. I enjoy natural makeup because I just don’t like how I look when it LOOKS like I’m wearing makeup. I’m a minimalist even with my red patchy skin :) I enjoy that this lipstick is subtle and fades away gracefully. It’s not longwear but it ages gracefully and doesn’t leave stains in the dry cracks of your lips. It also doesn’t get on your teeth. Two things I can’t handle as a teacher who has zero time to even go to the bathroom during the work day. I will say that the packaging is cheap and bugs me. Especially if I’m paying $18. I would purchase this product again, with fingers crossed hoping for a packaging improvement!