Glossier Generation G

Glossier Generation G
Generation GGeneration GGeneration G

3.2

Not tested on animals

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, C10-18 Triglycerides, Isohexadecane Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Punica Granatum Extract, Silica, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isoceteth-10, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Laureth-4, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 6/7/2018 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I live near the showroom and decided to check it out on a weekend morning just as they opened (before the crowds). Purchased Lipstick in Zip color. I like sheer effortless lipsticks that give a little natural color. The color was fine - bright enough and not too orange and definitely not too blue. But the texture is hard and waxy so you do end up blotting off the waxy blobs. Also after several weeks in my purse - in a protected makeup bag - the lipstick has broken at the base so every time I open it sticks to the lid. Also the tube is cracked and the lettering is wearing off. Not great packaging. I think I’ll stick to Lipstick Queen Medieval which is superior.

on 5/22/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do love the idea of this product which is why I bought it but I actually feel like this product is way too expensive for his sheer formula. I could probably find something way cheaper.

That being said the texture is hard and dry. It is matte so doesn't really offer any moisturizing properties even tho its suppose to be that matte lip balm look.

I picked it up in the color "Leo" and its way to sheer to show up on my skintone. I have to rub it like at least five times for the brown color to show up.

on 5/17/2018 8:05:00 PM

I purchased Generation G lipstick in the shade Cake. Despite the hate around glossier having make-up that is too minimal to be makeup, I really like it. I enjoy natural makeup because I just don’t like how I look when it LOOKS like I’m wearing makeup. I’m a minimalist even with my red patchy skin :) I enjoy that this lipstick is subtle and fades away gracefully. It’s not longwear but it ages gracefully and doesn’t leave stains in the dry cracks of your lips. It also doesn’t get on your teeth. Two things I can’t handle as a teacher who has zero time to even go to the bathroom during the work day. I will say that the packaging is cheap and bugs me. Especially if I’m paying $18. I would purchase this product again, with fingers crossed hoping for a packaging improvement!

on 4/27/2018 5:35:00 PM

I bought this is in the shade Like, which is a faint, pink YLBB shade. I expected to like this, but found the formula to be horrible. IDK if my tube is a dud, or if they all are like this (if so - yikes), but it smells like rancid cooking oil, and it somehow manages to both be drying AND to give my lips an oily "just-eaten-greasy-chinese" feel. Tried it a few times, but couldn't stomach it.

It's a lip balm with a tint. Nothing special. It's expensive for a lip balm.. . You can have two drugstore lipstick, twice better quality than this. Or just buy a kat von D matte liptint or fenty beauty lipstick as slender as this one but with long lasting beautiful colors and better packaging. This looks like a sample size lipstick to me

on 4/12/2018 6:55:00 AM

I have mixed reviews on this. I love what the product is meant to do and it looks good when first applied. But it doesn't last. I have the shades cake and like. Cake looks quite brown against my skin tone and like looks quite berryish. Applied together though the colour is perfect (cake underneath and like on top). Just a natural every day lip that looks good with anything. However, they both have a not nice scent (this is definitely more noticeable in like) and it puts me off slightly. They feel almost wax crayon like and aren't that moisturising on the lips (you can feel you're wearing them). The biggest problem is less than an hour they have completely worn off and my lips are bare! I had like for one day, didn't wind the bullet up too far yet it snapped at the base and now wiggles around in the casing.

on 4/5/2018 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really like the formula, I always dab lipstick and blend the colour in with my finger, so this achieves that natural look without having to do extra work. Really dislike the packaging, given how much it is.

on 1/31/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love Glossier and bought this product in Crush, Zip, Leo, and Jam. I really like the sheer matte formulation for an understated yet "done" lip. It's perfect for a casual office environment. Unfortunately, only Leo and Jam really work with my skin tone. Jam is a beautiful purple color that feels really modern but not OTT. Leo is great for when I need a lip color to finish a look but don't want anything too bold. I use it kind of like foundation for my lips, to even out the natural color. Zip and Crush, unfortunately, didn't work with my Indian complexion, although I have Indian friends who love Crush. Zip was not the right red for my skin tone and, of all the colors, it really highlighted flakiness and settled into fine lines. Even if I liked the color, I wouldn't wear Zip unless my lips were properly exfoliated, which I can't really be bothered to do. One thing -- these lipsticks go rancid really quickly. Maybe it's good that they aren't chock full of preservatives, but it's definitely something to be aware of. The packaging is also cheap, and almost certainly won't last the life of the lipstick. Overall I'd repurchase this product in Leo and Jam and would consider buying more if Glosser came out with more colors, which I'm sure they will.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product so so much. I mean, a sheer AND matte lipstick?? YES PLEASE. You rarely see that combination together. If a lipstick is sheer, then it's also most likely to be glossy. I bought this in Jam and Leo. The colours are lovely, and Leo especially is a really unique nude warm brown that isn't too orange that I don't see often. Great MLBB on my medium tanned skin.

My one big gripe is that this product sinks into the grooves of your lips. And it doesn't even do it as it wears off, it does it straight after application. So unless you've got perfect lips that have been scrubbed and smoothed and is naturally not dry, you can't use this product. It doesn't apply smoothly and it clings on to dry patches, and highlights any irregularities in your lip texture instead of smoothing them out. I guess the somewhat patchiness of the lipstick is what people like about it when they say it looks like a natural stain?

Packaging is pretty lousy, as most other reviews would agree. It's also quite a small lipstick which means you're not really getting your money's worth. Longevity is average.

Lovely colours, but that's the only thing good about them. I suppose if you've already got nice lips with no problems then this is a safe option for you. I wouldn't be repurchasing nor would I recommend it to anyone who has deep grooves, or even a hint of dryness in their lips.

EDIT: I find that since moving to a more humid tropical climate where my lips are less dry, this product does work better. Still applies quite patchy though.
Another EDIT: I’ve found a good use for this lipstick, and I use it after applying lipstick/balm to mattify my lips. This way I still get the matte texture I want, and it doesn’t sink in to the grooves (as much). Still wouldn’t repurchase.

I have generation g in Jam and I actually kept it in my purse for times when I suddenly wished I had put on lipstick before leaving the house (like running into my crush at trader joes, for example). It's super easy to apply, does go on a little dry, but it's a semi-matte.

I had my best luck with it when I'd put on a nice heavy lip balm about 10 minutes before, and then wipe most of the lip balm off (along with any dry flaky lip stuff) right before applying the generation g.

I think the look it produces is feminine and effortless, glossier's whole thing.. and I will definitely be replacing it when I run out!

also, I have a code for 10% off if you are on the fence! http://bff.glossier.com/hqIV6

Popular Lips Products