Glossier Generation G

Glossier Generation G
Generation GGeneration GGeneration G

3.3

Not tested on animals

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, C10-18 Triglycerides, Isohexadecane Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Punica Granatum Extract, Silica, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isoceteth-10, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Laureth-4, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

It's a lip balm with a tint. Nothing special. It's expensive for a lip balm.. . You can have two drugstore lipstick, twice better quality than this. Or just buy a kat von D matte liptint or fenty beauty lipstick as slender as this one but with long lasting beautiful colors and better packaging. This looks like a sample size lipstick to me

on 4/12/2018 6:55:00 AM

I have mixed reviews on this. I love what the product is meant to do and it looks good when first applied. But it doesn't last. I have the shades cake and like. Cake looks quite brown against my skin tone and like looks quite berryish. Applied together though the colour is perfect (cake underneath and like on top). Just a natural every day lip that looks good with anything. However, they both have a not nice scent (this is definitely more noticeable in like) and it puts me off slightly. They feel almost wax crayon like and aren't that moisturising on the lips (you can feel you're wearing them). The biggest problem is less than an hour they have completely worn off and my lips are bare! I had like for one day, didn't wind the bullet up too far yet it snapped at the base and now wiggles around in the casing.

on 4/5/2018 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really like the formula, I always dab lipstick and blend the colour in with my finger, so this achieves that natural look without having to do extra work. Really dislike the packaging, given how much it is.

on 1/31/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love Glossier and bought this product in Crush, Zip, Leo, and Jam. I really like the sheer matte formulation for an understated yet "done" lip. It's perfect for a casual office environment. Unfortunately, only Leo and Jam really work with my skin tone. Jam is a beautiful purple color that feels really modern but not OTT. Leo is great for when I need a lip color to finish a look but don't want anything too bold. I use it kind of like foundation for my lips, to even out the natural color. Zip and Crush, unfortunately, didn't work with my Indian complexion, although I have Indian friends who love Crush. Zip was not the right red for my skin tone and, of all the colors, it really highlighted flakiness and settled into fine lines. Even if I liked the color, I wouldn't wear Zip unless my lips were properly exfoliated, which I can't really be bothered to do. One thing -- these lipsticks go rancid really quickly. Maybe it's good that they aren't chock full of preservatives, but it's definitely something to be aware of. The packaging is also cheap, and almost certainly won't last the life of the lipstick. Overall I'd repurchase this product in Leo and Jam and would consider buying more if Glosser came out with more colors, which I'm sure they will.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product so so much. I mean, a sheer AND matte lipstick?? YES PLEASE. You rarely see that combination together. If a lipstick is sheer, then it's also most likely to be glossy. I bought this in Jam and Leo. The colours are lovely, and Leo especially is a really unique nude warm brown that isn't too orange that I don't see often. Great MLBB on my medium tanned skin.

My one big gripe is that this product sinks into the grooves of your lips. And it doesn't even do it as it wears off, it does it straight after application. So unless you've got perfect lips that have been scrubbed and smoothed and is naturally not dry, you can't use this product. It doesn't apply smoothly and it clings on to dry patches, and highlights any irregularities in your lip texture instead of smoothing them out. I guess the somewhat patchiness of the lipstick is what people like about it when they say it looks like a natural stain?

Packaging is pretty lousy, as most other reviews would agree. It's also quite a small lipstick which means you're not really getting your money's worth. Longevity is average.

Lovely colours, but that's the only thing good about them. I suppose if you've already got nice lips with no problems then this is a safe option for you. I wouldn't be repurchasing nor would I recommend it to anyone who has deep grooves, or even a hint of dryness in their lips.

EDIT: I find that since moving to a more humid tropical climate where my lips are less dry, this product does work better. Still applies quite patchy though.

I have generation g in Jam and I actually kept it in my purse for times when I suddenly wished I had put on lipstick before leaving the house (like running into my crush at trader joes, for example). It's super easy to apply, does go on a little dry, but it's a semi-matte.

I had my best luck with it when I'd put on a nice heavy lip balm about 10 minutes before, and then wipe most of the lip balm off (along with any dry flaky lip stuff) right before applying the generation g.

I think the look it produces is feminine and effortless, glossier's whole thing.. and I will definitely be replacing it when I run out!

also, I have a code for 10% off if you are on the fence! http://bff.glossier.com/hqIV6

on 12/3/2017 12:19:00 AM

Glossier is a marketing machine. A very good one. Perhaps better than the products themselves.

I have the colour Zip, which is nice. But the product itself is a bit stiff and requires work. It’s very drying on the lips without some sort of balm underneath, which is annoying. And the packaging is, well, cheap and almost disposable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to order a bunch of these when Glossier was made available in the UK but then I thought I'd try one and see if I liked it. I have to say, it's everything I thought it would be. I'm not a fan of very opaque lipsticks for daytime, and I was just looking for something that would be translucent and leave a sheer wash of color. This is exactly it. If feels balm-y, but not overwhelmingly so, if that makes sense; I like tinted balms, but usually I'll feel like I have a layer of grease on my lips, and it's unpleasant. This one feels very lightweight in comparison, but it doesn't dry out my lips. The texture is exactly what I've always needed from a lipstick but never found anywhere, because instead of looking glossy, it's rather matte, but not like the matte lipsticks that are everywhere now and feel very powdery. I have the shade Like, which is a sheer pink, and honestly to me, the best thing. I love daytime makeup that will leave people wondering if I'm wearing anything, but will just enhance my features so that I look nice. I have to add that I can apply this without having to look in a mirror. I saw that some people were struggling with the packaging; it's not my case, hope it lasts. I want to try Zip now!

Edit: Bought Zip, gloriously (drunkenly) lost it on a night out one week after. I'm not too upset as it honestly didn't stay on my lips more than a couple of hours, leaving only the edges, and I had to reapply often. However, I'm loving the Leo one, that I gave to my mom as a present and tried on. It's a very flattering shade, makes my North African roots really show. I will definitely purchase it for myself.

on 10/18/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely adore this lip product! I bought the shade "Crush" & it's the perfect pink. If I dab it on, it's a very natural pink color that really gives my face some life. If I apply it like a normal lipstick, it's a beautiful sheer red that looks amazing with a nice gloss. I normally wear it with a natural pinky lip liner, and "Crush" over top. I do plan on getting the rest of the shades very soon, especially "Jam" & "Cake." I adore Glossier and their whole line, the packaging is so nice & their overall aesthetic is so cute. The only drawback is the price, but I do have a link for 20% off your next purchase! :) http://bff.glossier.com/hGeV4

on 9/30/2017 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is basically everything I want in a lip colour, to make my lips look stained from something I’ve eaten. I’ve read the claims and really wanted to try it and haven’t been disappointed. I have it in Crush and Jam and both are beautiful. It’s not cheap but I can deal with that. Annoyingly Glossier isn’t available in Australia despite one of their Ambassadors (Phoebe Tonkin) being Australian, hopefully this will change soon.