Too Faced Peanut butter and jelly palette

Filtered by age: 36-43
Too Faced Peanut butter and jelly palette
Peanut butter and jelly palette

4.2

on 9/14/2017 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I held out for a long time because the tin looks like a child’s lunch box and I’m not tempted by fragrance – in fact I usually avoid scented makeup. Luckily the fragrance isn’t irritating or overpowering.

It’s a small selection of colors but there is enough variety that you’re not trapped into the same look every day. In addition to warm tans and creams there are two purples and a bronze. Too Faced always includes a little pamphlet with a few diagrams to get you started and you’ll no doubt think of other ways to use it.

My first time using the Peanut Butter & Jelly palette, I put a soft shimmery gold, Bananas, on the mobile lid with Wayne Goss #6. I followed with Peanut Butter, an orangey tan, in the crease with MAC 221 and then deepened the crease with Peanut Butter Cup, a deep bronze. I used Peanut Butter Cup for the outer V as well using Goss #5 pencil brush. I put Extra Creamy, the matte ivory, on the browbone. I finished with Wet ‘n Wild H2O liner in brown and Charlotte Tilbury’s Full Fat Lashes mascara. I was really happy with the look. The shadows were smooth with less fallout than many of the pans in the Chocolate Bar palette. They lasted all day. I had primed the lids with Laura Mercier’s Caviar Stick in Vanilla Kiss, but Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a good primer worth considering in case you prefer a colorless primer.

On another day I started with a wash of Extra Creamy using Wayne Goss #3. Then I took the Jelly shade, a pretty lilac, and put it on the mobile lid with a short paddle brush (MAC 239). I took it up, ending slightly above the crease, and then I went over the crease with the darker plum shimmer called Jammin’ using Laura Mercier’s Ponytail brush. With Charlotte Tilbury’s smudge brush I ran Jammin’ along the lower lashline as well. The two purples blended together nicely. (By the way, if you happen to have green eyes, purple will make them pop.) I finished with black liner and mascara. Jelly and Jammin’ aren’t too crazy but they give you the opportunity to stray from neutrals. With a shade like Jelly you can apply it wet to intensify it, but it looks lovely dry.

There seems to be less fallout from these powders than the shadows in Too Faced Chocolate Bar.

I have only encountered one drawback: I didn’t realize how much I rely on having a very deep brown shadow until I encountered a few palettes like this that don’t have one. Jammin’ can be used to smoke up the crease. However, several times I’ve dipped into the Too Faced Chocolate Bar for Hazelnut and Triple Fudge. I wish I had a matte dark chocolate in the PB&J palette.

If Too Faced had made this palette larger, they could have included additional shades such as a deeper brown and a few more inspired by jelly. Instead they introduced another nine-pan palette a few months later, Peanut Butter & Honey. On the positive side, this tin is lighter and therefore more portable than the larger, heavier Chocolate Bar palettes or the Sweet Peach palette. I think Too Faced found the sweet spot with Just Peachy Mattes - that palette is large enough to give you twelve shades but still streamlined enough for trips.

Overall, Peanut Butter & Jelly turned out to be a great little palette. I wasn’t sure what to expect from that smiling piece of toast, but I found the quality to be surprisingly good. Too Faced offers a refreshing change from pretentious brands that take themselves too seriously.

The retail price is $36 but Too Faced and Ulta occasionally offer sales and promotions that allow you to buy it for less.

I was sooo excited to get this - the colors are just gorgeous!! I really love shimmery eye shadows, but most of these shadows were way too glittery for me.

on 7/11/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I was debating between either this palette or the Sweet Peach one. But then the Sweet Peach sold out making my decision a lot easier! And I'm glad because I love this palette! Like the majority of Too Faced E/S, these go on so smooth with no creasing. That along with beautiful shimmery orange/coopers and warm browns make this perfect palette for me. Unfortunately, the electric purple (Jelly??) wasn't as vibrant as I though but It's not a deal breaker, I have plenty of purples in my stash that can do the job if need be. Also, this does NOT smell like peanut butter nor does it have any peanuts in it. It's smells just like the Chocolate Bars so if you have a peanut allergy, not to worry. Great palette!

on 5/13/2016 12:24:00 AM

I like this palette for the novelty of it and because I am somewhat of a makeup collector. The quality of the shadows is very good, they are smooth, pigmented, and blend really well. There are 3 matte shades and the rest are shimmery. It is a very warm palette, and does not offer a variety of colors.

The Extra Creamy shade is one of my favorite brow bone colors EVER.

There is a limited amount of looks you can get with this palette. It's definitely not for every day. There is nothing basic about it.

Bottom line - Is it fun? Yes. Is it good quality? Yes. Can you get some unusual and fun looks with it? Yes. Is it a must-have? No.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

A little gimmicky, but lot's of fun. It's a must have for the serious pallet collector for the scent and adorable packaging, but none of the colors are ground breaking, and one of the browns is so orangy I'll probably never wear it. The quality of the shadows are superb, totally blendable, and mix and match well, and comes with a tiny booklet of three looks to get you started. The smell isn't of actual peanut butter, but more like a peanut butter scratch and sniff sticker from the days of your childhood. Seeing that it's more of a prop piece for my makeup stand that I'll only occasionally dig into I wouldn't buy it again if they reissued it, but it's super fun and I'm glad I have it.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

I'm consider trashing all my other palettes. This is the perfect selection of warm colors. What was I using before? Petite, travel-friendly packaging, effortless blending, highly pigmented, and lasting color. I am going to buy a backup palette, just in case. I love it! The only thing is I wish the packaging snapped shut.

on 3/16/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't like this palette at all. It was very orange, and the colors I was intrigued by had poor pigmentation - jammin' and the other darker purple shade. The color nuts about u is just not wearable. I also thought the larger pans (spread the love, bananas, and extra creamy) were not great for all over the lid colors. Totally not wearable without incorporating another palette or shadows into the mix. I should have gone with my gut and not bought this. I regret purchasing. If you like bright colors and warm tones like this you will like it. If you like natural neutrals you will not.

All of these colors (esp Jelly & Jammin'), are not quite in my wheelhouse coz they (except Jelly/Jammin') are all quite reddish brown or (or purple)...I love the colors thou & the suggested "looks" are neat! This smells so good altho does not contain any peanuts for those who are allergic. Def something a bit eclectic & different, I think that I will get a ton of wear out of this in the future. Fun product that's got me hooked on TF products now! This is so gimmicky it is whimsical & makes doing MU fun. Loooooove! Downtown triple crown!!

I really like this product, smells great and the colors are beautiful. It blends nicely on the lids. I love it!!!