Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.5

on 10/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am apparently the lone dissenter regarding repurchase--i would not. I started using Ben Nye neutral set back in 2004 and finally the colorless powder thing has caught on. This does a good job of setting my makeup. It is lightweight--so much so that when i go to apply, a big cloud of noxious powder smoke puffs up. It would be nice to have an adjustable sifter on this. So i am going to tape over some of the holes in an effort to shrink the smoke cloud. I do not like the smell of this product. One of CG's powders smells like cat litter. Guerlain Meteorites has that violet scent which was a dealbreaker for me. This powder has a burnt-plastic odor that i find unpleasant. I will try to use this up but planning to go back to colorless pressed Rimmel powder.

on 8/19/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this powder. As in all of my reviews, I like to state that I wear minimal makeup. That is one of the reasons I enjoy this powder so much. All I wear for face makeup is primer, concealer and this powder. I use it to set my concealer, and it works very well for that. My under eye concealer does not crease for 12+ hours. Since I only wear minimal makeup, this is a wonderful product for my needs. I am always on the hunt for products that can blur, fill in pores, and leave me with a beautiful finish without adding layers of texture to my already textured skin. This product does all the above. I love how lightweight it is and fact that it's translucent is even more of a positive for me. I have very oily skin and will sometimes touch up once during the day if my shine is out of control. I was extremely impressed with how much powder is packed into that little container. I bought a second one because I thought i was almost out, that was three weeks ago and I still haven't opened the new one lol. As other reviews have stated it can be messy, but what loose powder can't be, right?

pros:
-lightweight on skin
-sets concealer beautifully
-cannot be seen on skin
-allows me to mattify without the dry lol
-a lot of product is in the small container
-easy to find, sold in most stores that carry makeup

cons:
-messy, and can pour out fast

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Picked this up because it seemed like a clear dupe for the Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder. Gotta say, this powder is really nice. I have some oil control issues and this, paired with De-Slick, keeps me nicely matte. Like with the MUF powder, I use a REALLY light hand with this, and so far I haven't experienced any flashback. However, I wouldn't be surprised, like with the HD powder, if you use a heavier hand, that might become an issue. This sits on the skin very nicely, but personally, I think it needs a setting spray with it, or else it can be sort of heavy. Like with the MUF powder, do NOT attempt to bake with this, or you'll look like Casper the friendly ghost.

Be prepared to inhale this stuff, because it goes EVERYWHERE. It's such a fine powder that it just kind of smokes up as you dab your brush in it. I can't really think of anything to stop that, packaging wise. Might have been nice if it came with one of those plastic caps that stops it from spilling into the lid, just to keep it tidier. But that's a nit pick that can be solved with a little scotch tape, if so desired.

The price is decent, although I've gotta say I expected it to be a way deeper package than what it turned out to be. Still, if it's between buying this and the MUF HD, this is a lovely dupe and way cheaper, that's for sure. Overall, a great product.

on 2/17/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a product that would set my makeup more securely- especially because my skin is on the oily side, so I wanted to make sure my makeup wouldn't slide around my face too much. I'm so glad I picked up this powder! It's really helped control the oil and shine on my face, and it's helped keep my foundation from sliding around during the day. I find that it also helps with securing concealer to the under-eye area, as it even helps with troublesome creasing issues.

I have not had many other powders in the past, as I have never liked the feeling of them on my face, or felt as though they made much of a difference. With this, I can see the results, it helps my makeup stay put for hours without worrying.

The only drawback is how messy it has a tendency to be when trying to access it- perhaps less holes in the top so that the product doesn't spill out so quickly? Other than that though, the powder itself works very nicely.