Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer

3.1

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Glycerin, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ozokerite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycereth-18 Ethylhexanoate, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Isododecane, Propylene Carbonate, Prunus Domestica Fruit Extract, Glycereth-18, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Allantoin, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyisobutene, C18-21 Alkane. /- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I adore this foundation, especially mixed in with moisturiser (really any but I especially like olays fresh effects w the satin finish). I use warm beige (no.5) despite it being significantly deeper than my skin as its the closest undertone in the range. If you're finding it hard to get a match if you're light medium, I recommend finding one with your undertone as it makes it barely noticeable it's deeper. You definitely can use this as a concealer, it builds really well works nicely under the eyes. It doesn't make me super oily if I pair it with a moisturiser which is peculiar considering. Alone, it can make my normal to combo skin oily in the nose and cheeks even with powder and I'd have to touch up during the day (something I never have to do with other foundations).

Overall, love this foundation, the finish, the coverage and the packaging. If you can find your shade or your undertone or if you're lucky both! Then high tail it to pick this up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been eagerly awaiting a lighter shade than 01 Creamy vanilla, and when I saw the arrival of 00 Light natural I ordered it right away. I haven't found a description of Light natural, but knowing they label Creamy vanilla as pink/cool undertones, it wouldn't surprise me if Light natural is said to have cool undertones too - according to them. According to me (and probably most people), it is anything but. It's very, very warm, and not that pale either. The shade I could probably get away with at least during the summer, but combined with the warm/orange undertones, I hate the way it looks on me. I get the brand being Italian, and that more people there may have warm toned skin. But Milani is an international brand that is only growing, and what's most disappointing is that they have no grasp of undertones at all. But shame on me, I guess, for trusting a brand that labels a shade like Creamy vanilla as cool toned..

As for the actual foundation, I'm liking it, though not loving it. It's not quite as full coverage as I thought it would be from all the rave, but it's definitely buildable. I find the finish to be a bit too matte for my taste, but it does help to prolong the staying power. I know some people complain about getting very oily after a few hours, but I don't find that at all. I actually could've done with a bit more of a dewy finish, personally. It's a very thick consistency, and I much prefer to apply it with a beautyblender than a brush. I've actually never used only a brush, since I don't like the result I've switched over to a sponge half way through, and I feel like it may easily become cakey if applied with a brush.

Overall, it's not a bad foundation if you can find a shade match (if you're warm toned, essentially), but it's not mindblowingly good either. It's quite up there in price for being a drugstore foundation (at least it is in Sweden), and I'm not sure it's worth it.

+ Cruelty free
+ Stays looking the same for many hours on me
+ Doesn't feel cakey on the skin when applied with a damp sponge

- Shade range is shit for us pale and/or cool toned folks
- A bit thicker than I generally like my foundations to be..
- ..yet not as full coverage as I would've expected

This is an amazing foundation! I have combo/oily skin and it works great. It's very full cover. Little bit goes a long way. Bottle is very nice and I love the pump. Will continue to buy many times!

As a fair girl, this foundation did not match me at all. I bought the lightest color (as I usually do), and it was very yellow and dark on my skin. Not even close.

If you do find your match, however, it is a pretty solid full coverage foundation from the drug store!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is average. The coverage is full coverage. It goes on better with a blending brush than a beauty blender (in my opinion). My skin gets oily around noon after applying at 8am. It does not oxidize so the color stays true. I'm not impressed.

This product really just confuses me and I've tried to make it work so many times. I have it in shade 02 Natural and the colour really is just orange no matter what I do. It goes on as mustard YELLOW and then oxidizes down to an apricot peachy ORANGE. I have no idea who this shade would suit - I looked like a Donald Trump impersonator. I'm usually the 2nd or 3rd foundation colour at the drugstore and I can't even match this with a deep self-tanner on.

I like the coverage but the texture is also really weird. I have dry skin and this foundation is so thick and heavy and suffocating I actually get greasy wearing it. It accentuates any texture I have on my skin and I suspect it caused some clogged pores, too.

Then there's the smell, which is where this foundation loses some points. The smell is so strong and I find I'm NEVER ever bothered by scents in makeup. It's something I can't quite put my finger on. Old-lady makeup? Really badly botched floral? It smells almost creamy and really nasty. It doesn't leave and you're stuck smelling it all day until you take it off.

Overall, I don't think it's worth trying to find my correct shade and I think I'm gonna give up on this stuff for now.

Update 5/26/2017: I recently self-tanned my skin with a deep self-tan and had nothing deep enough for my skin except this foundation mixed with another tiny bit lighter one. I used about 1/2 and 1/2 which cancelled out some of the orangey-ness. Went on pretty nicely - I still found I had to work with it a bit more, using rosewater to stop it from looking cakey. It helped that my skin was looking pretty clear for the most part.

Anyways I was in my parked car crying due to frustration (whatevs) with several tears running down my face before I quickly patted them away with a napkin. Pulled myself together, went to work, and the foundation looked flawless like no sign of a single tear mark or cakeyness or anything. Even if my life was in shambles this foundation was holding up fine and that I think warrants at least one extra lipstick.

Similar to other reviewers, the very lightest shade is too dark and yellow for my pale skin with pink undertones. Applied and covered great, though--those with golden or tan skin tones should give it a try. Nice pump, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awful. I'm one for a full coverage foundation, but this stuff is just a big no. Way way too thick, it's impossible to blend. Accentuates every little flaw in your face. It's pretty bad.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I want to love this but I just can't! This is the lightest shade (in my store at least) and I look extremely yellow when I wear it (and I have very yellow toned skin anyways). It absolutely will NOT work with a beauty blender. It stays in weird patches on my skin. I have to use a dense brush to even begin to make it work and blend out. I've tried this foundation with so many primers, setting sprays and brushes, and it never looks good. It just sits on my skin and looks heavy and yellow.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Shade: 01 Vanilla

This was an okay foundation for me. It's a thick, full coverage foundation that would be great for anyone who's extra oily. I didn't really like it because the shade 01 is just slightly too yellow for me liking. I like the full coverage but this foundation made me look really, really dry. I look like I had all the moisture sucked out of my face whenever I put this on, and that's just not the look I'm going for.

[0]