Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer

3.1

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Glycerin, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ozokerite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycereth-18 Ethylhexanoate, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Isododecane, Propylene Carbonate, Prunus Domestica Fruit Extract, Glycereth-18, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Allantoin, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyisobutene, C18-21 Alkane. /- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I was SOOOO excited to try this foundation for primarily two reasons! A) I have yellow undertones B) I LOVE Milani so much!
But words can't even describe how dissapointed I am with this product. Here are the notes I took throughout the days I wore it:
-Beautiful finish
-Feels heavy on the skin
-Emphasizes pores
-NEEDS to be powdered for durability
-Smells faintly of coconuts
-Great for yellow undertoned gals like me, the second lightest shade is a perfect match for my Simpson complexion
-Great coverage, not full but a good medium
-Thick consistency
But the deal breaker with this foundation is IT STINGSSSS so much when applied and while it is setting OH MY GOODNESS I thought I was applying stright up acid on my face because it burned so bad. Even mixing it with another foundation didn't help the initial burning on my face. (Later on I found that Milani and Jordana are twin companies, and the Jordana foundation burned my skin like nothing else. I don't have sensitive skin and this has only happened with this two foundations). If anyone else has had this experience please message me!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-Full coverage.
-Cruelty free.
-Affordable price.
-Water/transfer proof. I wouldn't say it is COMPLETELY water/transfer proof, but it is definitely a LOT better than the rest of my foundations that don't claim to be those.
-Melts into the skin really nicely. It doesn't look caky by the end of the day on me, and although it doesn't necessarily look natural because of its medium/full coverage, it still doesn't look like you're wearing a ton of foundation.
-Doesn't break up from oils.
-Can use as a concealer. I sometimes use my lightening shade adjusting drops to make the foundation lighter than my skin tone and then use it as concealer. Surprising stays put and gives good coverage!

Cons:
-OK shade range…not the best but there's more shades than a lot of other lines do, although I don't think you'll always be able to find all the shades in the stores.
-Oxidizes. It's a bit orange for me, which is why I have to use the shade adjusting drops just to get my normal skin tone (then I use more if I wanna use it as concealer). This COULD be my fault since I got the shade 03…I'll try to buy a lighter shade next time and see how that works, but it still does oxidize a little bit anyways.
-Doesn't control my oil AT ALL. I mean, it doesn't claim to control my oils, so this isn't necessarily a fault of the foundation, but still something to consider if you have combination/oily skin. It does transfer a bit if you blot when oily, but not as much as other foundations. Personally, I think the oil can make the foundation melt into your skin even better, but maybe I'm just fooling myself with that one. I get really oily on my nose and chin, so if I blot a lot throughout the day, the product in those spots disappear after a while, but again, not as quickly or badly as other foundations. At least it doesn't break up from oils.

Hope this was helpful.

If you need a full coverage foundation with a finish that is between satin and dewy this is your product. It has good staying power, blends like a dream, does not emphasize dry patches or big pores in your skin. I was used to matte foundations when I tried it and I did not like at first because it's not the mattest makeup you've tried but now I can't without it. Color selection is a bit off and yellow undertoned in general. I have more neutral undertones with a bit of olive undertone (my skin is fair to medium skin tone). 01 creamy vanilla is for fair but yellow toned skin. 03 is much more neutral but a bit dark for me and is okay if I have a bit of a tan. I like to blend the new 00 fair natural color with the 03 (i think is called beige something) and this creates a good color match for my skin with out the yellowiness.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. The shade range isn't great, but the shade 01 works amazing for my light and extremely warm skin. This foundation has a great, natural (more dewy than matte) finish, has amazing coverage too. A little bit goes a long way for me with this product. I have pretty oily skin, and this foundation lasts really well as long as I set it! I love it, it's my ride-or-die!

I am a creature of habit and much to my detriment very seldom try new things , I have been using Estee Lauder Double wear for ages and don't really purchase Drug Store foundations. MILANI just recently arrived in South Africa and I thought I would try it after hearing all the rave reviews. I thought for the price what the hell, if I don't like it well then I haven't broken the bank to get it. Well let me tell you, I am in love with this foundation, I didn't think I would love a foundation this much, I purchased 03 ( what a pretty shade) and I have a combination skin. I find It gives a medium to full coverage. I work a 9 hour day and when I leave the office my face is not shiny or patchy. For the price, I would happily buy this product in bulk in case they ever discontinue. Love love love it.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this foundation, I’m like a MAC NC35 and I use the shade 5 warm beige. It’s a perfect match. I love how much coverage it has without being cakey. The foundation is thick and creamy but not heavy, and has a satin finish. I find that it lasts for at least 8 hours on my combination skin if set with powder. It makes a great base for bronzer and highlighter too. I also love the packaging, it comes in a great pump bottle! I love it so much!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was excited to give this foundation a try because I've heard so many great things about it, and most of the YouTubers I watch recommend it. I've tried many high end foundations and the only drugstore foundation I have tried and loved was Maybelline Fit Me (dewy). By the way, I have sensitive but oily skin. I have a little bit of acne but nothing too harsh. Most of the time I do great with products. Anyways, I went to Target and picked the shade which I thought was closest to my skin. I brought it home and decided to give it a try! The coverage was great don't get me wrong, and the color I chose was perfect... BUT when I started blending it out with my beauty blender I felt like my face was burning and I kept blending and everywhere I put the product it kept burning. I had it on for about 10 mins and just had to take it off. My skin started peeling, and the next day my face was super red underneath my eye area (mainly my cheeks). I didn't use any other new products except this foundation that day. Maybe it's because my sensitive skin? I wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive skin! It's a good foundation but the burning isn't worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a decent foundation that will run you about $10 USD. I was able to purchase it at my local Walmart. I think they were going for a dupe for Kat Von D's lock it foundation as the bottle looks very similar (except they skipped out on that awful pump design. Score for Milani). Definitely one of the better drug store ones that I have tried. It's very thick and gives a good amount of coverage. You could build it up if your careful but I would be wary of cake face. I found that if I apply it in more sheer layers it works better. Also I don't recommend dotting it all over your face then going in to blend. Work in smaller areas. It will help with the dunks bed look enormous. It doesn't feel to heavy on the skin although You know it's there but I don't consider it bothersome and I'm one to not even like to wear foundation during the warmer months. I use a beauty blender to apply and it blends out very easily. I pat the parts of my face that are prone to creasing and set right away with No Color RCMA powder. It does seem to stay tacky on my skin so it had to be set with a powder. At least for myself. Not sure if that happens with other users or if it's just my oily skin. I can temporary fix that by applying a dusting of Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I find that every few hours I have to blot my face and touch my t-zone up with that powder. Keeps it looking fresh though. I've been wearing it every day for about a week. No breakouts. I don't see that it breaks down at all, doesn't separate, and stays on a long as I use a setting spray and try not to touch my face. It has a pump which is always awesome for hygienic purposes. The bottle is also a nice heavy glass and you get th standard 30 mls.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

UPDATE:
I have oily acne prone skin. Today I wore the foundation over a matte finish sunscreen/moisturizer product and a pea size amount of silicone based primer (both Paula's choice). I set it with Nyx Set it and Dont fret it Matte Mineral Powder. I applied it with my fingers and it was very easy to do so with smooth results. The foundation started fading on me around the 5-hour mark around my mouth, including the upper lip, but stayed on everywhere else fine. It avoided my pores around my chin giving me the polka dot look but I was able to tap the effect away. This is not 16-hour foundation (Estee Lauder double wear would be one of those) on oily skin, but it should wear easily 8+ hours for most skin types without breaking down (I'm quite oily). I attempted reapplying it around my mouth area, and even though it didn't turn out as smooth looking as on a freshly moisturized face, it didn't look unwearable cakey.

The foundation has a noticeable fragrance I don't appreciate but goes on creamy and just slightly heavy/thick (like Revlon Colorstay combo/to oily). It feels a bit tacky after it sets but nothing horrible. The finish is slightly dewy but not oily. It looks like freshly moisturized bare skin while simultaneously giving you medium to medium high coverage off the bat. I Couldn't build it to full coverage on a second coat using a BB sponge sadly. I got one new pimple today but nothing crazy. It could be the foundation or the powder (or the combination), but I do not know. Some foundations give me a lot of superficial breakouts in 1-2 days of use, this was not one of those.

I bought this foundation in 07 Sand and its a good color match (I fall around NC 42 in MAC). If I want a perfect match I will probably have to mix this one with a little bit of the 09 Tan color.

I took away 2 lippies because of the fragrance, and the fake claim of full coverage.

PROS:
- olive shades! New light shades! Very dark shades!
- immediate medium coverage
- skin like finish
-easy to blend with fingers/sponge
- Pump dispenser
-Doesn't settle into fine lines
- Good wear time (at least 8 hours without breaking down/cakeying up & with only mild fading)
-Price ($10.00)

CONS:
-Fragranced
- Not full coverage
- Starts fading around 5-6 hour mark a little on oily skin
-can avoid pores giving polka dot look if not blended well or set

I won't repurchase because I want more coverage than this gives me and I would prefer something less fragranced or fragrance-free. Revlon Colorstay combo/oily looks very similar to this on (same coverage too) but has better wear time on my oily skin, doesn't smell perfumy and doesn't do the pore polka dot thing. I will stick to my budget Fave Loreal Pro Matte though because of its high coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I dont why so many people hate this foundation... but this is really work for me! Im in nc25 and use shade 03 for this foundie, and i love the result and its staying power. It last aaaallll day without giving me any crack!