Pears - The Original Transparent Soap

Pears - The Original Transparent Soap

Price: $

Price: $

***ORIGINAL INGREDIENTS: Sodium Palmitate, Natural Rosin, Glycerine, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Rosemary Extract, Thyme Extract, Pears Fragrance Essence**********************NEW INGREDIENTS: Sorbitol, Aqua, Sodium Palmate/stearate, Sodium Palmkernelate, Sodium Rosinate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, PEG-4, Alcohol, Glycerin, Perfume, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Meta Bisulfite, Etidronic acid, Tetra Sodium EDTA, BHT, Cl 12490, Cl 47005, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool

on 6/29/2016 10:56:00 PM

Seriously this is the best facial soap for oily and dry skin. I've had both ouly and now normal to dry and this is awesome soap. After I wash my face I do use a moisturizer. Thhis soap does it all cleans but doesn't
strip . Love it.

on 3/15/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Recently seeing my Dr. and asking for an antibacterial soap, he recommended a glycerin soap. I've known Pear's to be one. I went out and purchased Pear's. I could not wait to try it out. I Love this soap and will use it for ever!! In the shower my skin felt squeaky clean.. out of the shower it felt amazing immediately! It felt a different kind of clean.. I've always used a moisturizing facial soap ( Dove). Pear's being around for 200 years definitely says something. Skin pores on my face immediately appear clear n clean.. I apply my favorite cocoa butter daily skin therapy and my skin feels and looks the best it's ever been.. Thank You Pear's!!.. only regret is that I haven't tried it years earlier..

To Read all 116 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/14/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like the smell, I like the texture, and I like that it doesn't dry out my skin. I can't really describe the smell, but I did see one review describe it as "medicinal" which I disagree with. The texture is slimy because of the high glycerin content, but not in a gross way. I use it primarily on my body when I'm in the shower, so I can't comment on it as a face wash. I'll probably continue to alternate between using Pears and Dove beauty bars as body soap for the foreseeable future. Added bonus: I'm Indian, and this is all anyone used in India for years and years (like, my grandma uses this stuff) so it's kind of a pleasantly nostalgic product for me as well!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2+ years and my skin is the best it's ever been. Used to have acne on my t zone, especially forehead, along with majorly clogged pores, oiliness, redness, and itchiness. I tried EVERY drugstore brand, oil cleansing method, all natural soaps, Proactiv, all salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide/tea tree oil products, steaming, honey aspirin mask, clay masks, etc.

Turns out, less is more with skin care! Now I use this soap twice a day, followed by Cetaphil moisturizer. Holy mackerel. My skin has never looked so good. I don't even have to wear foundation any more. It took at least a month (probably closer to 2-3 months) to see the full effects of this soap, because my skin had to heal from the harsh acne products. Try it!!!

on 7/17/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The new formula burns my skin.

on 2/15/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and my mum used to use this soap so she recommended it to me. I wouldn't say it is bad, but I won't say it's good either, because it hasn't really brought any difference to my skin. I have some acne on my skin and found that this soap made my skin realllllly dry but neither reduced not increased my break outs. And another minus is that I read online that facial soaps are really bad for the skin, it may be pore clogging but I'm not sure.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

one of the easiest ways to fix dry hands is to change your hand soap to one that is mostly glycerine. look at the ingredients...glycerine should near the top of the list for it to make a difference. if the glycerine is a bar soap, it will feel particularly odd at first; very slippery, with very little lather. i recommend cutting bar soaps into smaller pieces...they're easier to hang onto that way.

pears is the first soap that i started using that helped to alleviate my dry hands, which we all have from time to time. if you lean towards the gourmand or floral sort, pears' unique piney fragrance will leave something to be desired. then again, the price point and its ability to leave your hands softer than the average bar of soap might turn you into a fan. (it certainly worked on me.)

i kind of imagine it working on a man quite nicely, actually. i picked it up at a drugstore (i think it was rite aid, maybe walgreens?) for probably $2 or something. really cheap. recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use it in the shower, when I became allergic to feminine shower gels for intimate washing.

I've used it for years without a problem. My gynaecologist recommended it.

on 10/10/2013 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For reasons passing understanding my d/s ran out/stopped carrying/whatever my HG Neutrogena glycerin bar soap. I don't know what was up with that, especially since I couldn't find it at any d/s in town, but whatever. There are a number of cleansing bar soaps on the market, but I've never had great luck with them, so I picked up the only soap that looked similar - Pears. A 3 bar box costs about $3, which is what I was paying for a single bar of the Neutrogena and it works just as well and doesn't have the weird raw potato smell the Neutrogena does. I never used the "original" formula that everyone is lamenting the loss of, but, for me, this is an HG now. It cleanses my (dry, sensitive) skin without stripping it, irritating it, or otherwise causing more problems than it solves. And I like the scent. Call me weird, but whatever... it smells good to me though it only lasts until I wash it off.

on 7/4/2013 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

MAN...BUMMER.
I loved this stuff in my young married life. The smell reminds me of playful showers with my beloved. I picked a box up on a whim and didn't think to check the ingredients. I did when I took a shower and stepped out covered in hives..I felt like crying, literally. The formula has changed for the sake of corporate greed...the ingredients are no better than dishsoap now.
Boo & HISS @ you Pears.