Pears - The Original Transparent Soap

Pears - The Original Transparent Soap

Price: $

Price: $

***ORIGINAL INGREDIENTS: Sodium Palmitate, Natural Rosin, Glycerine, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Rosemary Extract, Thyme Extract, Pears Fragrance Essence*** NEW INGREDIENTS: Sorbitol, Aqua, Sodium Palmate/stearate, Sodium Palmkernelate, Sodium Rosinate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, PEG-4, Alcohol, Glycerin, Perfume, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Meta Bisulfite, Etidronic acid, Tetra Sodium EDTA, BHT, Cl 12490, Cl 47005, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It makes my skin soft and the fragrance doesn't last which is good. It has a spicy light scent which it not that great but it fades fast so I buy lots at dollartree since it's cheap.

on 12/20/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this for my body as a bar soap. It is quite a large size, transparent and cheap ($2 at Costco). Has a pine scent. Doesn't get very sudsy. Non irritating, non drying. However, I didn't like how quickly I've been using this up. Since it feels quite 'soft' (sorry don't know how else to describe) I've used this soap ~5x times in the shower and almost half is gone (vs other soaps which take at least a fortnight to get to that level). Also, it doesn't seem to clean as well as other soaps. It's tmi but I've noticed my underarms which normally don't smell (!) have been offensive since I've switched to this soap. And not in a pine smelling sort of way lol. And yes, it's the only thing that has changed that would cause this.

So I'm going to have to give this soap a pass. Haven't tried it on the face so I can't comment.

My mom recommended me too use this on my face after I started using various products and my face breaking out in spots and blemishes. I have now been using this every day for 2 weeks and my gave has cleared up and nearly all the blemishes gone. It doesn't dry out my face, it leaves it soft and Lovely. I will be using this all the time :)

I needed a bar of soap for basic makeup removal and facial cleansing while traveling, so I picked up this little gem for less than a pound! The smell was a surprise to me, but I absolutely love it! I have oily, sensitive, dry, combo, EVERYTHING skin.... I've been using this bar for almost two weeks now and my skin has significantly improved so far - which wasn't even the ultimate goal!

I am really enjoying the simplicity of Pears soap, usually back home I have all sorts of different expensive cleansers & things but I've discovered all I really need is this little guy! Definitely give it a try ladies, you might be surprised at how much money you could save on expensive products! I do use a homemade water/sea salt toner afterwards to guarantee I have no leftover makeup/soap and spot treat using tea tree oil!

on 6/29/2016 10:56:00 PM

Seriously this is the best facial soap for oily and dry skin. I've had both ouly and now normal to dry and this is awesome soap. After I wash my face I do use a moisturizer. Thhis soap does it all cleans but doesn't
strip . Love it.

on 3/15/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Recently seeing my Dr. and asking for an antibacterial soap, he recommended a glycerin soap. I've known Pear's to be one. I went out and purchased Pear's. I could not wait to try it out. I Love this soap and will use it for ever!! In the shower my skin felt squeaky clean.. out of the shower it felt amazing immediately! It felt a different kind of clean.. I've always used a moisturizing facial soap ( Dove). Pear's being around for 200 years definitely says something. Skin pores on my face immediately appear clear n clean.. I apply my favorite cocoa butter daily skin therapy and my skin feels and looks the best it's ever been.. Thank You Pear's!!.. only regret is that I haven't tried it years earlier..

on 11/14/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like the smell, I like the texture, and I like that it doesn't dry out my skin. I can't really describe the smell, but I did see one review describe it as "medicinal" which I disagree with. The texture is slimy because of the high glycerin content, but not in a gross way. I use it primarily on my body when I'm in the shower, so I can't comment on it as a face wash. I'll probably continue to alternate between using Pears and Dove beauty bars as body soap for the foreseeable future. Added bonus: I'm Indian, and this is all anyone used in India for years and years (like, my grandma uses this stuff) so it's kind of a pleasantly nostalgic product for me as well!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2+ years and my skin is the best it's ever been. Used to have acne on my t zone, especially forehead, along with majorly clogged pores, oiliness, redness, and itchiness. I tried EVERY drugstore brand, oil cleansing method, all natural soaps, Proactiv, all salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide/tea tree oil products, steaming, honey aspirin mask, clay masks, etc.

Turns out, less is more with skin care! Now I use this soap twice a day, followed by Cetaphil moisturizer. Holy mackerel. My skin has never looked so good. I don't even have to wear foundation any more. It took at least a month (probably closer to 2-3 months) to see the full effects of this soap, because my skin had to heal from the harsh acne products. Try it!!!

on 7/17/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The new formula burns my skin.

on 2/15/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and my mum used to use this soap so she recommended it to me. I wouldn't say it is bad, but I won't say it's good either, because it hasn't really brought any difference to my skin. I have some acne on my skin and found that this soap made my skin realllllly dry but neither reduced not increased my break outs. And another minus is that I read online that facial soaps are really bad for the skin, it may be pore clogging but I'm not sure.

Popular Body Skincare Products