I have an oily scalp and thick, wavy hair with oily roots. Trying to tackle that whilst maintaining my scalps' PH balance and not stripping it is a small task in itself. Most shampoos that are formulated with gentle ingredients don't cut through the oil whilst those that do are generally too harsh. This falls into the latter category. Possibly the Zinc in here keeps my scalp (and roots) pretty much oil-free for over 24 hours before it returns with a vengeance. It's not so much that I hate washing my hair so often, it's the fact that the excessive oil contributes to my Seborrheic dermatitis (scaly patches on scalp) and I end up using various different topical oils and lotions to try to keep it under control. With this I notice a knock-on effect as the scalp condition calms down a touch...BUT at the same time the SLS in here unfortunately leaves my hair dry, frizzy, and straw-like, and no amount of leave-in conditioner or oil treatment has helped with that.
Have since stopped using this completely, after noticing good results using Giovanni's 'Triple Treat' products which leave my hair in a much better condition.
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment