4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I have extremely oily hair. My hair is good for about 12 hours washed and when I wake up the next day, my hair is covered in oil. This shampoo does a great job in helping me run a few morning errands or go to the gym, if that makes sense. I still have to wash my hair everyday don’t get me wrong but the oil that I accumulate is more manageable with this shampoo than if I didn’t use it at all.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

3.0

a month ago

I have an oily scalp and thick, wavy hair with oily roots. Trying to tackle that whilst maintaining my scalps' PH balance and not stripping it is a small task in itself. Most shampoos that are formulated with gentle ingredients don't cut through the oil whilst those that do are generally too harsh. This falls into the latter category. Possibly the Zinc in here keeps my scalp (and roots) pretty much oil-free for over 24 hours before it returns with a vengeance. It's not so much that I hate washing my hair so often, it's the fact that the excessive oil contributes to my Seborrheic dermatitis (scaly patches on scalp) and I end up using various different topical oils and lotions to try to keep it under control. With this I notice a knock-on effect as the scalp condition calms down a touch...BUT at the same time the SLS in here unfortunately leaves my hair dry, frizzy, and straw-like, and no amount of leave-in conditioner or oil treatment has helped with that. Have since stopped using this completely, after noticing good results using Giovanni's 'Triple Treat' products which leave my hair in a much better condition. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 months ago

I have oily scalp, like really oily, but I highlight my hair and the ends are dry and puffy. This shampoo gives me two days of clean hair - three if I use dry shampoo on day 3. Smell is ok and if I use a conditioner on the ends they are fine. I’ve tried lots of shampoos but keep coming back to this one.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

My hair is very oily and with this shampoo it stays oil free for a day. After that however I have to wash my hair. Combined with the Oil Control Conditioner (which is hard to find and also double the price) my hair is totally oil free, smooth, and shiny. I no longer have to worry about my oily hair. I have not found another oil control shampoo that works as well as this does. Try it!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I have bought this shampoo many times. Although I rotate shampoos I always come back to this because my hair is super oily at the scalp. The ends of my hair are dry however, so I use conditioner and a leave in conditioner but this really helps keep oil at bay for at least 24 hours on my scalp where I have such an overproduction of oil.. On top of that I have a very small case of dandruff and it helps with this problem as well... overall this is a product I see myself purchasing many more times and if you have oily hair as I do, then I would definitely recommend this! Every time I've bought it I've found it at Walmart!

About reviewer (333 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

2 years ago

(For the shampoo only NOT the 2in1) I like it but I cannot say it is an absolute favorite. The scent reminds me of a mojito or mango margarita which is nice for summer time. I have a very dry scalp but my hair normally gets really greasy at the same time So extra washing causes more irritation for my scalp but not washing and my hair looks a hot mess. I wanted to see if this shampoo could help, and it did help with my greasy hair a bit and made it look fresh and clean longer than usual. For regular dandruff and flakes, it works very well. Members of my household have had great results with this formula and really enjoy it. Now for my dry scalp(psoriasis/Seborrheic dermatitis)... it was just okay. It did not help that much with itching and flakes for me but I find that the only shampoos that seem to help me are gentle formulas and those with salicylic acid or tar. Will I purchase again? Probably during the summer months for others in my family.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

2.0

3 years ago

I don't get it. This performed like any run of the mill moisturizing shampoo. It felt very moisturizing while shampooing, which was my first clue that it wasn't going to control any oil. And sure enough, first thing the next morning my hair felt and looked super greasy and I couldn't wait to wash it.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is the first H&S shampoo I've fallen in love with!! It really cleanses my scalp and it smells soo good, my scalp also feels so tingly and refreshing! It obviously dries out my hair (I'm an oily scalp - dry hair person) but I don't have a problem with it, I just lather it on my scalp trying not to cover the length and ends, and then use a moisturizing shampoo. It also stopped my hair loss almost completely!! I see no hairs in the shower now! I had been losing lots of hair due to bad shampoos and excess oil on my scalp. This is the first H&S shampoo that has reaally helped! And, it does not make my face burn like with many h&s shampoos out there. Buying it for long as it is around.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

4 years ago

I tried to find the original Citrus Breeze shampoo I enjoyed ages ago, but it must be going under this name currently. It keeps the oil away for 24 hours and smells good; since it's so moisturizing, I can only use conditioner a couple of times a week.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

from

4 years ago

This is a great shampoo (not a 2in 1) !!! This shampoo smells great. It cleanses and soothes my scalp without stripping my hair too much. I have noticed my hair is not as oily and I can skip a day which is the first for me. I have significantly noticed less shedding and breakage but that could be the conditioner. EDIT: I keep coming back to this. Always in my arsenal.

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age36-43