COSRX Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

COSRX Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/15/2018 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It's part of my staples. I've been using it since May with great results. I use it after toning with Son&Park beauty water and follow with the Innisfree green tea seed serum. My skin is very oily, sensitive and acne-prone. I'm 34 and live in a tropical island so I spend lots of time in the sun. I have zero age spots and my skin feels like butter, it's the most even and clear it's ever been. It's honestly the best it's ever been, and I think my whole korean routine and more emphasis on hydration had a huge role in that. This product does not have a strong smell, it spreads and absorbs rather quickly it's lightweight and it will not break you out. I thinks it also helps repair the skin barrier, as I grab for this and the Hanskin Real Complexion Hyaluron Skin Essence after using retin -a when my skin gets red and patchy. I will repurchase as there's always a place for an extra layer of moisture in my routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using for over a year or longer now and have repurchased and have back-ups. My skin can be fickle so I wasn't sure this would be okay but it has. I used to use toner but my skin developed a rare skin condition in the Spring of 2017 and I needed to use more moisture. I am typically combo oily acne prone, sensitive to certain ingredients. This stuff is soothing and provides a light layer of moisture before I add other moisturizers on top. It is an interesting consistency. Not a liquid, thicker. The pump is good. I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/9/2018 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! It recently went up in price on amazon, but none the less it's still not a bad value. I'm still on my first bottle, and I've been using it twice daily for the better part of a year! Once you get past the "ick factor", this is quite hydrating - best applied after toner but before lotions/creams/oils. This makes my skin more radiant, and I have found it heals my post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation much faster. I haven't had any negative reactions to it - itchiness, dryness, breakouts, etc. I could see this working for every skin type and highly recommend it!

on 10/14/2018 10:13:00 AM

I love this product! It is a great step before other moisturizers- I find it really locks in moisture and made a big difference in my overall skin tone.

I started using this a few months ago. I have used retin a (for awful acne) for years. It took care of the acne within a few months, but even when using the best moisturizers that I could find that didn’t cause breakouts (and I’ve tried so many from cheap to expensive, only 2 didn’t) I still got bothersome dry, flaky patches.
Using this before my regular moisturizer took care of that problem pretty well. When I added Benton snail bee steam cream at night, after this but before my regular moisturizer, the flakiness was gone. I have not had any break outs. It also has brightened my skin. I’ll definitely repurchase this.

on 10/10/2018 3:39:00 PM

I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

The moisturizing factor is just ok, but I try to always use this product when I use acids (AHA or BHA liquids). I am not aggressive with my acids, but my skin can be sensitive and sometimes flares up a little with the acids. When that happens, everything seems to clogs my pores or leave my skin feeling tight. This essence calms and soothes my skin without making me break out.

If I'm using this on a daily basis, I usually follow this up with a thicker moisturizer to lock in the moisture, since this isn't particularly hydrating.

Gave me red itchy spots all over face. I'm done with snail products. And funny thing is my skin is not sensitive and I never have problems with products.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ADORE this essence for so many reasons,
but it took me several months to see significant results & build my skin tolerance in the process.

At first, my skin felt uncomfortable & my cheeks became reddish and tight. I stopped using it, and than revisit - using little by little until I build my tolerance.
months later I’m seeing AMAZING RESULTS-
My skin looks youthful, smoother, evenout & brighter. Seriously, It like looking at my younger self in the morning! :)
I LOVE the boost of hydrating, the non greasy,
And the fast absorbed formula.
The water base Makes it perfect for
summer time/humid climate and for my combination skin.
I also use it on fresh cuts (thanks, kitty!) and it boots the healing process much faster.

The concentrated formula seems to last forever! my Bottle is 3/4 full after many months of regular use. Hence- a little goes a long way.
Two pumps is more than enough to cover my entire face and neck.

I’ve read many mixed reviews-
If you’re looking for overnight miracle worker, skip this one. But if you’re willing to stick with it hopefully, you’ll gain all the goodness and property as me. 😊 Love Love Love!

on 7/9/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

On the fence about this! I love snail skin care, but I can't quite pinpoint any significant changes this product made for my skin. I'm willing to give it another try but in no rush to repurchase after finishing it. It seems to have really worked for others. One bottle can last for months even from daily use. I like that it's lightweight and neutral to use when my skin is having problems, meaning it doesn't necessarily alleviate the flare ups but it adds a bit of moisture without aggravating my skin. It doesn't sufficiently hydrate my skin in the winter on its own, but it's a good layering product. The texture is clear liquidy mucin and can leave a slight tackiness before absorbing fully into the skin. Will update this review on my second round.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was a little dubious to try this essence at first as I had read a lot of reviews about snail mucin causing a lot of issues with break outs. At first when I started to use this product I did experience a couple of weeks of abnormal breakouts but it did clear up pretty quickly, I've since been using this product for nearly 6 months and use it twice daily in my routine.

The liquid itself is viscous and absorbs into my skin very quickly, it doesn't leave a sticky or tacky residue behind and compliments with other essences. I've found that my skin tone has become more evened out since using this product, I rarely have dry patches and the redness in my face isn't as severe.

Would definitely buy again!