COSRX Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

COSRX Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Power Essence

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol

Although I wouldn't repurchase because there are too many similar K-beauty goodies to try (not necessarily products containing snail mucin but hydrating serums in general) I loved how this feels on my skin and it does its job very well. Also layered nicely as a humectant under my Weleda Skin Food as an occlusive. I use three pumps and the bottle lasted me FOREVER. Can definitely recommend.

on 1/18/2019 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this, but I reacted poorly to it. But as a snail secretion extract it is amazing.

I am totally sold on the hydration factors of the snail slime but this product (if I use consistently) will break me out. :'( I have sensitive combo rosacea skin and it doesn't agree.

However, I will say, that the studies for it being calming for skin are legit. I used this product after having acid burns on on neck and upper chest area and it was amazingly soothing and helped the healing much faster than the aloe product I was using on my face. I definitely recommend people trying it, but ymmv.

on 1/17/2019 10:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff healed my skin! I get a rash in my t zone from dryness, makeup, wipes, you name it really. After a few days of using this my skin healed and the only time i get a rash now is if i go a few days without it. Best stuff in n the world.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Seems to heal skin overnight, too soon to say it doesn't cause breakouts for me.

I used this before face lotion, sunscreen and makeup during the winter months when my skin was dry. Forgot about it over the summer, then found it again when winter started. This definitely makes my skin more hydrated and my makeup go on smoother. A little too much for summer, but it’s amazing during the colder months when my skin is dry!

on 12/15/2018 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It's part of my staples. I've been using it since May with great results. I use it after toning with Son&Park beauty water and follow with the Innisfree green tea seed serum. My skin is very oily, sensitive and acne-prone. I'm 34 and live in a tropical island so I spend lots of time in the sun. I have zero age spots and my skin feels like butter, it's the most even and clear it's ever been. It's honestly the best it's ever been, and I think my whole korean routine and more emphasis on hydration had a huge role in that. This product does not have a strong smell, it spreads and absorbs rather quickly it's lightweight and it will not break you out. I thinks it also helps repair the skin barrier, as I grab for this and the Hanskin Real Complexion Hyaluron Skin Essence after using retin -a when my skin gets red and patchy. I will repurchase as there's always a place for an extra layer of moisture in my routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using for over a year or longer now and have repurchased and have back-ups. My skin can be fickle so I wasn't sure this would be okay but it has. I used to use toner but my skin developed a rare skin condition in the Spring of 2017 and I needed to use more moisture. I am typically combo oily acne prone, sensitive to certain ingredients. This stuff is soothing and provides a light layer of moisture before I add other moisturizers on top. It is an interesting consistency. Not a liquid, thicker. The pump is good. I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/9/2018 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! It recently went up in price on amazon, but none the less it's still not a bad value. I'm still on my first bottle, and I've been using it twice daily for the better part of a year! Once you get past the "ick factor", this is quite hydrating - best applied after toner but before lotions/creams/oils. This makes my skin more radiant, and I have found it heals my post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation much faster. I haven't had any negative reactions to it - itchiness, dryness, breakouts, etc. I could see this working for every skin type and highly recommend it!

on 10/14/2018 10:13:00 AM

I love this product! It is a great step before other moisturizers- I find it really locks in moisture and made a big difference in my overall skin tone.

I started using this a few months ago. I have used retin a (for awful acne) for years. It took care of the acne within a few months, but even when using the best moisturizers that I could find that didn’t cause breakouts (and I’ve tried so many from cheap to expensive, only 2 didn’t) I still got bothersome dry, flaky patches.
Using this before my regular moisturizer took care of that problem pretty well. When I added Benton snail bee steam cream at night, after this but before my regular moisturizer, the flakiness was gone. I have not had any break outs. It also has brightened my skin. I’ll definitely repurchase this.