Curology - Acne Treatment

Filtered by age: 25-29
 Curology - Acne Treatment

3.6

fka PocketDerm

Curology has changed my life. 9 months ago my skin was at its worst. Cystic acne, large pores, open wounds, scarring. I never let anyone see me without makeup. I wouldn’t even look people in the face when I talked to them. Fast forward 9 months my skin has never looked better! I am so much more confident and happy! I no longer wear foundation. If anything I use a bb cream, but most of my days I go barefaced! I would’ve never thought it would be possible! I cannot thank this brand enough. My medical provider who I love helped me create a routine that works for me! And curology will always be a permanent staple! This brand is life changing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have been struggling with acne for the past 1.5 year. I have a medically diagnosed hormonal issue and the moment I stopped taking birth control my face freaked out and since has never been the same. I have tried all creams under the sun, drugstores, high end, prescriptions, you name it and have not been able to notice improvement with my acne. With only using Curology for the past 1.5 week, I have noticed a significant improvement with my acne. I cannot wait to see how much my skin will continue improving during the next few weeks.

on 4/10/2019 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, I can’t stop telling people about curology! I’ve been using it for 4 months now and I don’t think I’m ever going to be able to stop. My skin has never been “perfect” and I struggled with congested skin, cystic acne, hyperpigmentation and just rough texture. For the first time in my life I feel good about walking out of the house without foundation or concealer. A huge perk is that i could finally stop shelling out hundreds of dollars trying to find a solution for my skin and this regimen is so simple and affordable. I love that they can mix your medication in one bottle and the consistency is just like a lotion so it’s not sticky and you don’t need to follow with moisturizer. Do yourself a favor and get this! My prescription is ( 4% azelaic acid, 1% clindamycin, 4% niacinamide) I did ask for this formulation after my first bottle because Sam James on YouTube said it worked for her and the reasons she asked for this formulation which resonated with me and it was my perfect match!

on 8/19/2018 4:47:00 AM

Im 8 weeks in and my skin is a lotttt worst than when i started it. Im going to try one more month but overall its ruined my skin.
I feel like some of these reviews are fake. a lot of users who reviewed this on here has no other reviews so buyers beware!!!

edit, i threw it in the trash, let me explain:

i started this trial for 5 dollars on june 20th. My prescription was azealic acid , zinc pyrithione and clindymicine.(idk the spelling) After the first week my face was breaking out really really bad in places ive never had acne before and it was pimples that werent super inflamed but the type that will leave scars quickly and for a long time. I get sooooo oily in the morning when i wake up. Im super super super greasy the day after. I told my prescriber (who seems to be on vacation a lot) and she told me is possibly purging and wait another 4 weeks. anyways fastfoward to 4 weeks and my face is still breaking out with new pimples EVERY SINGLE DAY. Id wake up everyday and wait to see where the new little fella will pop up. I only had ONE day out of the 2 months where i didnt have a new pimple but that lasted for less than 48 hours. Now in week 8 i gave up. my face is so much worst and covered in acne/acne scars. i have 15 to 20 acne scars just on one cheeks from starting curology. i never had any cheek acne before this. My problem area was always my forehead and chin and til this day i still have a bunch of active acne on those areas. my before and after is shocking and leaves me so confused. i wish i had never started curology. I messaged my provider every week and they just kept telling me to hold off and wait and wait. I think 8 weeks is long enough and im so over it. im going back to bp regime from dan at acne.org. its worked for my when i was a teen. I just have to have patience like i was with curology. i wasted 2 months on this. but i did learn to use acne patches from cosrx which are awesome. and also my skin hates anything with alcohol. i guess i took some lessons from this experience. it wasnt all that bad but if i could go back in time i would have NEVER tried this out. everyone is different and i was one of the few that hated this. A lot of recent reviews are not so great so i am guessing many of the reviews on here and elsewhere are fake. i even clicked on the profiles of people who had reviewed this as a godsend and they only ever wrote a curology review without any other ones so it seems very fishy. BEWARE BEWARE

the providers are nice and even tried to prescribe oral medicine. I didnt fall for it. its in the trash. they kept telling me to use this product and along with other products and its just been such a pain in the ass waking up and more pimples show up. way more than before i started. i have photos to prove and its not pretty.

My skin just feel irritated and super oily while using this. I told my provider , hey im breaking out and she jusy tells me to hang in there.

Now i just wash my face with gentle cleanser and splash water. Basically barely touch my skin. Then put on fab ultra repair cream and use cosrx acne patches on active whiteheads and wait. I will incorpoate bp back to my routine in a week after my skin takes a breather from the damn curology.

Dans bp 2.5% acne.org regime is 100 times better and i am getting results in 3 weeks. I no longer have acne but just scars left from curology. Trust ur instincts and know its not purging! Dont listen to those emails and trust urself. Curology is not good and made me oily and a mess and pizza face.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I canceled my subscription with curology last month in may, they charged me still for the month of June and July. And of course you cant contact them via phone you have to send an email. I sent an email requesting someone contact me today, I got no response back. They said someone would contact me back in 48-72 hours. I would never recommend this to anyone, nor did the product work either. It was a waste of money.

on 3/14/2018 11:12:00 AM

This product is not for everyone. I had tiny bumps in my face that I tried to get rid of wth this product. I used this product religiously for four months! No results only made my skin worse. I broke out on my forehead which never breaks out. I had oily skin all the time. Worse things is i thing it messed up my skin for the long run. I stopped using it in January and since my pores have been HUGE, my skin is always oily. I hate it, my skin was never like this before. I would just get breakouts on my chin and now it's everywhere.

on 2/8/2018 9:38:00 AM

I have been using Curology for almost two years ago and have seen a huge improvement in my skin. After years trying everything -
salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, exfoliants, clay masks, cleansers running the spectrum from harsh to gentle, etc. - I finally found Curology. My skin is smoother, less oily, and much, much, less prone to breakouts on my forehead and chin, which were my main problem areas. I also had lots of hyperpigmentation that has faded significantly, and my skin's tone is much less red in general. It's true that it does take awhile for your skin to get better and, YES, your skin will "get worse" for a bit as it purges. I have seen people who have quit Curology after a week or a month saying it made their skin worse, but you absolutely have to be patient and let it work its magic. The bottle doesn't necessarily last as long as they say it does (but I do usually use more than they say you should, to be fair!), but to me it's still worth it :) My provider is always helpful whenever I frantically message her about a skin problem I'm having.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had cystic acne since I was 18 or so. I'm 29 now and I've been using Curology for 3 months.

This is hands down the ONLY product I've ever used where my skin is completely clear. I get 1-2 small pimples per week vs 1-2 every day. I've tried it all aside from Accutane.

I almost didn't try this because of the "gimmicky" ads but I'm so so glad I did. I hate to use the term "holy Grail product" because everyone has different skin but I'll never not use this.

Hope this helps!

I've been using the product for about a month and I feel like my face is worse. I just got another two month bottle so I'm giving it two more months. My biggest complaint is the bottle itself. Both bottles I've received won't pump any product out of it so I am stuck unscrewing it and using a q-tip to get the product out. Also the one month bottle definitely did not last the full month and I used it as directed. It last three weeks at most. Also the way the bottle is, you can't tell how much product is left without taking off the pump. I don't think I will continue using curology after my two month bottle is up.

on 8/21/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Buyer beware!!!! My provider has been amazing since day one BUT none of her or MY hard work means a thing if I suddenly stop receiving bottles mid use!!!! Apparently if I use the messaging feature and my provider happens to not read my message immediately during a time where my shipment is supposed to go out, they put a hold on it!!! I have been meticulously following Curology's instructions for months and am even on the recommended oral pills! I am now without my curology cream for 5 days due to this bull shit policy!!! They basically put a hold on my account and when they finally released my shipment were unable to express it to me. Months of hard work for what??? My breakouts are already coming back in full force as a result of stopping this PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION so abruptly. Do yourself a favor and just go the dr. At least you can pick up your medication yourself!