Nature Republic Super Aqua Max - Combination Watery Cream

Nature Republic Super Aqua Max - Combination Watery Cream
Super Aqua Max - Combination Watery Cream

4.8

SEA WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICON/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSS POLYMER, HYDROXTETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE CO POLYMER, PIPER METHYSTICUM LEAF/ROOT/STEM EXTRACT, ULMUS DAVIDIANA ROOT EXTRACT, PUERARIA THUNBERGIANA ROOT EXTRACT, GELIDIUM SESQUIPEDALE EXTRACT, ULVA LACTUCA EXTRACT, ECKLONIA CAVA EXTRACT, CODIUM TOMENTOSUM EXTRACT, LAMINARIA JAPONICA EXTRACT, ULVA PERTUSA EXTRACT AGARUM CRIBOSUM EXTRACT, SOLIDAGO VIRGAUREA (GOLDENROD) EXTRACT, ENTEROMORPHA COMPRESSA EXTRACT, DUNALIELLA SALINE EXTRACT, CAPSOSIPHON FULVESCENS EXTRACT, SARGASSUM FULVELLUM EXTRACT, PORPHYRA YEZOENSIS EXTRACT, FUCUS VESICULOSUS EXTRACT, SPIRULINA PLATENSIS EXTRACT, JANIA RUBENS EXTRACT, SEA WHIP EXTRACT, GELIDIUM FRAGILE EXTRACT, LAMINARIA CLOUSTONI EXTRACT, CHLORELLA MINUTISSIMA EXTRACT, HIZIKIA FUSIFORME EXTRACT, SALICORNIA HERBACEA EXTRACT, PLANKTON EXTRACT, PIKEA ROBUSTA EXTRACT, SEA CUCUMBER EXTRACT, LAMINARA DIGITATA EXTRACT, SOLUBU COLLAGEN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SODIUM HYALURONATE, DQUALANE, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG 10 DIMETHICONE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE, CROSSPOLYMER, POLYSORBATE 60, BETAINE, WATER, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, XANTHAN GUM, HYDROLYZED SPONGE, FRAGRANCE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1.

I didn't know I loved this product so much until I tried to switch back to my ex-HG Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream and found that it didn't do as a good job as this beautiful cream! It is soo hydrating, more than the Kiehl's cream, it absorbs beautifully into the skin and I've found that my t-zone products less oil throughout the day. An amazing bonus is that it's so so cheap too! While I don't mind the fragrance I'm still so disappointed that they put it in the first place, if it had none I would repurchase this product until the end of time but it's my only gripe as I use it over my eyes and it literally makes my eyes water.

This might be placebo but when I use this before I apply makeup, like the middle of the day to prime, it pills out application a bit and makes it weird and harder to do so? Also the packaging kind of sucks; firstly the cover it comes with as a first 'seal' for the cream is terrible; it's not actually sealed and slides everywhere (it's like a plastic flat lid), cream gets on it (which you then have to annoyingly use if you don't want to waste product) and mine got stuck to the top lid. Also the little pointed top is cute but it sucks when you want to stack other things on top of it.

on 6/10/2018 1:36:00 PM

This is an unusual consistency for a moisturiser - it's a gel cream that forms a kind of thin film over the skin but on the slightly powdery side. Is it called sorbet moisturiser? Reminds me of soft konjac jelly a little bit. I'm not sure of the exact name. It's on the thicker end of the moisturiser spectrum, a very pale blue colour that unfortunately comes only in the jar packaging. It's also fragranced and while some of it is down to the plant extracts in it, there's still a noticeable artificial scent.

As a day moisturiser, I don't like it. The film it leaves over the skin tends to pill when using sunscreens and make-up, and it's not particularly hydrating by itself despite the focus on water. As a summer night cream however, it forms quite a nice final occlusive layer without feeling heavy and oily. With a lot of night creams, they make me sweat and feel super oily during summer nights, but this one feels quite refreshing. I just wish that it came in a more hygienic container with less fragrance.

Ok, so I know that everyone else has given this moisturiser 5 stars, and, yes, I do like it, but I don’t love it. I’ve got combination skin, my t zone is A bit oily and my cheeks are dry. Well, this moisturiser is like a gel sorbet texture, it feels refreshing when applied, absorbs quickly with no sticky feel this also doesn’t cause problems with my oh so sensitive skin.

BUT, I hardly feel any hydration, doesn’t make my skin any smoother (for makeup) and doesn’t control oil at all. Well, I would use this up, to calm down my skin, but I need to use another moisturiser over this one.

been through 3 tubs of this since 2015. this is the best moisturizer Ive ever used! from time to time, I try other stuff but I always like this better.

it is lightweight, does not leave a sticky finish, hydrating, and smells absolutely divine. my skin always feels great the morning after I put this to sleep. I make sure to get a jar of this every time I go to Korea. 1 jar lasts a long time.

I don't think I will ever stop purchasing this.

on 12/4/2016 7:15:00 PM

This got rid of any dry patches I had. My make up lasts longer with it.

It has replaced my summer HG (Caudalie's Vinosource Sorbet) as my current winter HG moisturizer. This is a thick gel-cream that melts into your skin; initially it might feel heavy, but your skin will drink it up without leaving an oily mess.

Two cons: The packaging and the scent.

This is heavily scented, and while it goes away soon after applying, I remember being worried that the fragrance might break me out. It doesn't, but I still don't appreciate the perfume-y scent.

The packaging is sturdy, not cheap, but unhygienic considering that it's a tub without a spatula. I'd have loved this more had it come in a tube, or with a pump.

on 3/20/2016 6:15:00 AM

This moisturizer works really well with my combination skin. I've noticed that it takes longer for my t-zone to get oily throughout the day since I started using this. I haven't gotten any breakouts with this and it works well with the rest of my skincare routine. The texture and feeling of the moisturizer reminds me of the seaweed gel moisturizer from the body shop.

It has a really strong perfume scent, but it fades away after a couple of minutes.

But overall, I really recommend this product to anyone with combination skin!

on 1/15/2016 3:19:00 AM

this is a really good lightweight and moisturizing gel cream, i use it after putting on all my layers of skincare ingredients.. i.e. infamous korean skincare ritual. good enough for both winter and summer time, very versatile. anti-aging products (though this one is not marketed as one) is all about preventing, not correcting, as I believe very small percentage of products actually can reverse it. I don't smell a fragrance in the product as im not sensitive to it.

My skin is very picky on which moisturizers I can use because most of them will break me out or clog my pores. I have oily-combination, acne-prone skin so when I use a moisturizer, there are specific things I need it to do.

Pros:
-Very moisturizing (I use this in the last step of my skincare routine)
-Doesn't break me out
-Sinks in/doesn't leave your skin sticky
-Sturdy packaging

Cons:
-Kind of expensive (I got in a Nature Republic store in the US and it cost me almost $20 if I remember correctly)
-Noticeably fragrance (I didn't mind it, personally I liked it but if you're sensitive to that just keep that in mind)
-Thick texture (It smooths out and doesn't feel heavy on the skin)

Overall, I love this. It's quite thick but smooths out and leaves the skin feeling hydrated. You only need a little bit because it goes a long way. My only complaint is that it's difficult to get a hold of (if you live in the US like me) and because of that, it's on the pricier side. But anyway this has quickly become my HG night-time moisturizer and will definitely repurchase again!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by telling you about my finicky skin. I have dehydrated combination skin. This means my skin primarily lacks moisture which causes my skin to overproduce oil in order to compensate. I end up with simultaneously oily skin and dry flaky patches. If your skin sounds like mine then keep reading! I've tried hyaluronic acid moisturizers and it's not enough on its own---I'm still waking up with greasy skin which is a sign that my skin is still trying to overcompensate. If I use just a facial oil my skin ends up feeling tight and itchy. I've been layering several products just to try to strike the right balance and, quite frankly, I'm a bit lazy. I want to use minimal products to keep my skin happy.

In comes Nature Republic's Super Aqua Max combination watery cream. With a name like "super aqua max" I knew it was going to target my moisture issue. It's a creamy gel consistency with a light "fresh" fragrance. If you're sensitive to fragrances you might want to spot test or avoid this product avoid together. The creamy gel sinks into the skin like a dream leaving just a thin layer left. This doesn't bother me and hey were not supposed to be touching our faces that much anyway. The true test is when I wake up the next morning and my skin is still looking soft and supple instead of greasy and shiny!

For the price point and the fact that I can just use 1 product to moisturize means I'm going to be repurchasing again and again. The cream comes in a jar and usually comes with a spatula but unfortunately mine did not :(

Edit: 1/9/16 Been using this for over a month and I'm still loving this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is refreshing in a couple of ways. It's very lightweight, so obviously, this doesn't feel heavy/greasy on your skin, unless if you put too much on. A little of this stuff goes a long way.
It is one of the very few moisturizers that can hydrate and soften my skin really well without making it break out a few days later. I personally enjoy the smell of this product too. It's fresh, natural, and the scent won't last on your face for very long. I feel like this would be a cream that could work well in all seasons.
Nature Republic is known for using natural ingredients in their cosmetics, so to those who prefer such products, definitely give this a try.
This moisturizer is now a must in my daily beauty regimen. It has worked wonders on my skin since I've bought it.