4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I have this in 0-1, which is a light shade (I am NC20) and I wear the RMS uncover up in 11. LOVE: it NEVER settles in my pores. No matter how bad my skin may be behaving or how haphazard my application may be, I never get home and realize I have a whole "what happened to Baby Jane" Bette Davis look going on. If my skin is a real disaster zone, this really helps even things out without making me look weird or that I have a face full of makeup. In short, this is pretty fool proof stuff. And - HUGE PLUS - no silicone. Not bad for your skin. Will not block your pores. Cons: What is up with the packaging? I have to take the puff out, put the lid back on, turn it over and shake it to get any powder at all out. I do use the puff, though, and I highly recommend that - I use a soft brush or my fingers to kind of smooth it down, but it does so immediately - I can put this on when I am sitting on the subway, if I have to. (Maybe the fact that such a small amount comes out is a plus, though, and helps make it fool proof?? It certainly means that it lasts a long time which is a plus, because it is not cheap!) But, I hate carrying it around. It feels big. Not as big as some loose powders - definitely, but still, not exactly super portable, so I tend to put it on in the morning and leave it at home. Still, I would buy it again, and highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a lightly made up, polished look that won't disturb problem skin.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

This is a serious powder. Probably the most extreme when it comes to finely milled powders. Even though I have dry skin, I still use this to set my foundation (I use the coconut oil based rms “Un” Cover-up) and it extends the longevity of it. This would be an oily person’s dream powder as silica is the ultimate in oil absorption. What it also does is give skin an air brushed filtered effect. I use the tiniest amount, we are talking barely enough to say I even used powder, to set my face. I like both the translucent and the tinted versions of this powder. You get more coverage by layering the tinted version over foundation but the translucent works equally as well.

About reviewer (951 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

2 years ago

WORD OF WARNING. SEPTEMBER 2017. The new powders contain mica! Why they have changed a great powder is something I'm not sure of. SHAME ON YOU RMS. Old powders contain Silica only in the ingredients. The old powders are in frosted packaging. If your packaging is smooth and shiny then you have the new ones containing mica. Double check the ingredients at the bottom of the packaging. The old powders were gggggrrreaaat!

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

3 years ago

I made a makeup alley account to review this powder because I felt it needed an honest one! This powder causes the worst flashback I have seen, it looks like ghostly in pictures and you can clearly see where you've applied. Definitely not good for a night out/worth the price! That being said, this powder does keep my face very matte throughout the day and required minimum touch ups. Considering I have oily skin, this is a massive bonus. So I would recommend only using this powder during the day or if you are going to take pictures without flash! If you're looking for an excellent setting powder without flashback that is also affordable definitely look into RMCA translucent powders. They're really good, last ages and very cheap!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

This powder is intrinsic to setting the Uncover foundation/concealer. It is soft silica powder which doesn't show up but just sets the Uncover perfectly. I have it in untinted and it is totally different than other powders I own. Package is smaller than other powders I have but I only need a little each time I use it so it should last a while. It's a simple product but works very well with the Uncover.

About reviewer (1597 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

This powder is literally silica. Only silica. Which is why I don't understand the incredible price point. I bought two of these and used them up, and when i looked at the ingredients (just one ingredient), I felt like a complete idiot. I bought silica powder (microspheres) from my natural ingredients retailer and paid less than 4 euros for 30 grams. Divide the price by 8 for more than 3 times the size. Yes. I just filled an empty box of RMS un-powder with my silica and called it a day. The finish is exactly the same. Rose Marie Swift is one of the most shameless scammers you'll ever see, honestly. Don't buy RMS products!

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I purchased this powder because I was nervous about whether the translucent powder would register ashy on my dark tan skin tone. It has now become my favorite powder to set the face. I wear 55 in the Un Cover-Up and the shade 3-4 in the powder works well for me. It does a great job at controlling oil but never leaves my face looking powdery. I do not use it under my eyes to "bake", as I prefer a translucent or yellow-tinted powder for that technique. My only complaint is that the jar is pretty small, especially compared to, well, every other loose powder I have ever purchased. In the end, once I run out I plan on either purchasing this again or seeing how the translucent powder works for me.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesBrown

2.0

3 years ago

I have the 'translucent' version of this powder. I bought this in Canada (if any other Canadians are interested, Shoppers Drug Mart Murale boutiques sell RMS beauty products). After I ran out of my usual powder (Laura Mercier), I decided to give this a go after seeing so many reviews on YouTube. I would classify my skin as fairly oily, but dry in some areas due to acne-treatments. I found this powder to be WAY to drying on my skin. It highlighted every single dry area. Plus, I didn't find it keeps oil at bay for any longer than usual. I paid approx. $42 CAD for this powder, which isn't too bad but honestly this seemed like something I could have found at the drugstore for much, much cheeper.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is my Holy Grail! Amazing at keeping oil at bay and doesn't have flash back! It makes my skin feel so soft and gifts it a natural look. I haven't had any cake. However, be careful to close the lid completely or it will make a huge mess!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

Oily-skinned women of the world - rejoice! This is your HG product. Let me sing its praises: 1) Cruelty free 2) Vegan 3) One ingredient - ONE ingredient only! 4) Soaks up sebum like nothing else on the planet! I am at the blotting papers by 9 am most days, 2 hours after putting on makeup. With the UnPowder, I don't blot ALL DAY. Yes, there's a little shine poking through but it looks natural and refined, not like a shiny oil slick. There are of course drawbacks and here they are: 1) hard to find - in Toronto I found it at the Detox Market only 2) a little bit more expensive than other high end powders for the quantity you get - but again, what it does to sebum is absolutely miraculous. I treat this like a precious commodity and wear it only on some days, because I have a lot of other powders I need to use up. I have every high-end blotting and mattifying powder you can think of, this is how I got to be a Sephora VIB Rouge! However, the UnPowder is UnBelievably better. I also like the MUFE HD powder, but - and it's a big issue with me now - MUFE is tested on animals. Not cool. The UnPowder, not being tested on animals, makes it my Holy Grail of Sebum-Sucking Power Tools.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age36-43