3.7

$8.29 on Bed Bath & Beyond
Shop Now

Reviews

5 months ago

This is my favourite foundation and has been for years now! It is such a lovely formula: very lightweight on the skin, lovely coverage and build able where needed. This foundation does not look heavy or caked on the skin and stays matte for hours with or without primer. My skin tends to be oily after around 3 hours of wearing makeup, with this foundation (and a primer) it keeps my oil at bay for around 5 hours. I can’t recommend this product enough!! (one quick side note is that it does dry down matte quite quickly once blended out) 100% recommend :)))

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

5 months ago

I lean on the dry side especially since I use a nightly retinoid. I have been using glossier skin tint and honestly this is a dupe but BETTER. It gives me the perfect coverage, concealing redness too. I apply with a damp beauty sponge. My skin is so dewy after the application. IM IN LOVE!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

6 months ago

Overall, this foundation works well with my skin. I use the shade 102 Shell Beige and it is very slightly lighter than my skin tone, but still looks decent on the skin. Very good staying power, doesn't fade much even with my constant rubbing of my nose and chin. I get very oily in my T-zone, and this doesn't compromise the formula of the foundation (no breaking up on the skin). Looks like I finally found a foundation that I would repurchase again after I finish the tube I got.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 months ago

This is my favorite summer foundation (combination skin). Excellent staying power, doesn't settle into lines (in summer) and has build-able coverage that doesn't look fake. I wear the lightest shade which is perfect for my pink undertone and only *slightly* too dark for my NC10 skin color (I put a light wash of bronzer on my upper neck at sides to make it look balanced). I cannot use this in winter whatsoever as I am dry and when dry, this looks cakey and completely fake. I use Guerlain Lingerie de Peau in winter instead, for example. It is very rare that I can use inexpensive foundations - mostly due to the lightest shade always being too dark - but this one is a complete, satisfying winner! I have and will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

9 months ago

Feels very sticky, and doesn't goes on very well. Well at least I haven't figured out how. 😆maybe I do something wrong but I bought some bobbi brown products recently and I don't have any problems with them... Anyway was a waste of money wouldn't recommend it.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

9 months ago

This is a great product. I have oily, acne prone skin and this is an amazingly affordable foundation for my skin type (the beauty industry doesn't cater to oily, acne prone people nearly enough). It has a matte finish that becomes more velvety as the day goes on (this is normal - skin oils come through, but it doesn't make this foundation look gross, it makes it look more like skin). It lasts and is buildable. The only caveat of this product is that it is admittedly not the easiest to blend on the skin, since it is so matte. This foundation wouldn't be the most desirable for dry skin types for that reason. Warming it up on the hands is also tricky because it will dry on the hand fast too. But if you're quick, OR, use a damp beauty blender, this foundation has no issues being applied. The shade range could be improved as well. I have to mix it with a lighter foundation to get my skin match. But for the price, it's not so bad. This is a high quality product. It compares with high end foundations in its formulation and ingredients - and I know this because as an oily girl, I've spent big bucks on foundations that have worked not as well. I also read up on my products heavily and this product uses very similar ingredients to what more expensive brands use. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an affordable matte foundation.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Fine

from

10 months ago

I bought this foundation at my local Rite Aid yesterday and love it so far! It's a demi-matte, natural-looking finish with buildable medium to full coverage. It covers my acne and looks like skin. I wore this for the first time today and it lasted all day in the heat & humidity. The shade range is decent as well. I picked up the shade 102 shell beige and it's a perfect match for me. Easily the best drugstore foundation I've ever used! Keeps me matte all day!

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I have dry, sensitive skin with a lot of redness and is acne prone. This is my current foundation and I can see myself repurchasing once I finish my first tube. Although I have skin that's on the drier side, this doesn't cause any dry patches. I love the consistency - it glides on well and dries almost powder-like. Coverage is also medium-high, covering enough of my redness and blemishes. It has also not broken me out, so that's a win. It also is long-lasting and doesn't oxidise at all. For its size (30ML), I think it could be slightly cheaper but I'm still ok with its current price point. A little also goes a long way so a tube should last for a while. For ladies with oily or just slightly dry skin, or are combating redness/blemishes, I'd definitely recommend this. However, I have an inkling it wouldn't be suitable if you have VERY dry skin with existing dry/itchy patches.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

a year ago

I enjoy this foundation and think it's good quality for the drugstore and everyday use. It doesn't hold a candle to my absolute favorites like Double Wear Light or the original Double Wear foundation from Estee Lauder which is why I wouldn't repurchase but I can appreciate that it's a great formula for combo to oily skin ladies. I find the packaging to be utilitarian, practical, and is easy to open. No complaints there... The consistency to me is mixture between mousse and liquid, and the finish is a solid matte veering on powdery. On its own I think it's too dry, almost like there's too much pigment than slip but that's why I like to mix a little bit of The Ordinary's squalane oil (which is a dry oil that is not comedogenic at all) with the foundation and apply. This combo lasts on me a good amount of time before I have to blot and looks really nice without any cakiness. My shade match (NC30-35) is 105 in Natural Beige. It has a bit of a yellow undertone that matches me pretty well depending on how consistent I'm using sunscreen. It covers my pigmentation spots well and the staying power is really good for a drugstore foundation. There's no oxidation and it doesn't pool into my pores unless I've worn it for over 8 hours (which is something I try not to do - that sort of habit tends to give me whiteheads). To me this foundation is a solid medium coverage. I tend to sheer it out with oils out of preference. I don't think you can keep on layering this type of foundation without it getting cakey in some capacity unless you mix it with something like a moisturizer which will cut the coverage. TL;DR: Good for the price, good for combo to oily skins, above average formula.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

a year ago

I heard so many good things about this foundation. It took me a while to really try it out because I could not find a shade that worked well for me. I ended up with Sun Beige which was okay but I would not buy it again. I need something in a similar tone just more neutral and Sun beige is more yellow. As far as wear time, it was okay but did not wear or last all day. The coverage was less but more apparent if that makes sense. Basically, it looked like makeup on the skin and I needed concealer in areas I normally can skip with my Revlon foundation. It did work better to help control my oil than many, many other drugstore foundations I have tried but again not as well as the Revlon. I did have to blot a few times and sometimes my makeup did begin to separate. If you have dry skin this will definitely cling to dry spots or blemishes. After a few uses, I chose not to apply all over my face and to apply in a similar way to how I use the Colorstay foundation. Which is to only apply in areas needed stippling and blending out into the skin. It did not do nearly as good of a job and I needed more product than with the other foundation. I ended up only using on days I didn't have anything important to do because it wears off in places and does not control oil as well. Another issue I had was if I wore sweaters or my jacket happened to rub my jawline or chin it would just wipe the makeup away and all coverage would be gone. I don't hate it and would be willing to use it again if my other foundation is unavailable.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral