Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by age: 25-29
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

4.1

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I started using this clarifying lotion and fell in love! This toner makes my oily skin stay matte and shine free. I love how it makes my pores disappear. I just love it. Im also using it with a gentle cleanser and the Clinique DD Moisturizing Lotion. However, I wish this had a pump or something other than just an open hole. Its kind of $$ but i got the giant bottle and im thinking it will last me a long time. I think i found a winner.

I like this toner, but when I use it twice daily, my skin gets a little iritated...perhaps the alcohol in it does that. Overall, I would buy this again. I have used it during winter, maybe that's why i felt it a little harsh on my skin.

I've been using this product on and off for years, and I keep coming back to it.

I have oily, acne prone skin that isn't very sensative to chemicals. This does not burn my face at all, and leaves no strange film after it evaporates.

It keeps my acne from getting worse by picking up dirt and oil that my cleanser my have missed. Also, it helps polish away a majority of my skin flakes - especially around healing acne. This makes my makeup go on better.

If you have crappy skin like I do, this may be a part of the answer you're looking for.

on 4/11/2010 4:23:00 AM

I only use this once a week after I cleanse my face & before I steam it, ready for my DIY weekly facial routine. It has alcohol in it; it really does mildly exfoliate whilst stripping some of your natural oils which is kind of what Im going for during my facial in order to collect all the benefits from my tea tree oil steaming face mask. But you dont really want to use this everyday & strip your natural oils everyday as these oils helps provide your skin with a natural barrier from the external aggressor. i.e sun, wind, dust, aircon, pollution etc.

Similar to any other exfoliation, I would not go out in direct sunlight after use of this without sun protectant. Id wear my sunscreens, sunnies & hat & try to stay under shade wear possible.

I used this once when I had dry patch & it burned the area I was suppose to treat with gentle product - silly me =/

Nice product to have for oil/acne prone skin as all the moisture & natural oils build up the strength of the skin a little more; sometimes even making it tough. But has zero benefits for those with skin thats on the less oily side, only discomfort. May as well go for number 1 or 2 as these will provide you the same kinds of exfoliation & toning benefit without targeting the oils (which you wouldnt much of anyways). =)

on 3/11/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never really liked Clinique products as much in the past, but I decided to give this a try since I suffer from really oily skin. This is very strong, but it does an excellent job of cleaning my pores out and keeps me from breaking out. I only put it on my t-zone. Everywhere else would probably peel or get flakey.It also has a strong smell but I can tolerate it. This is perfect for me in the summer when my face gets greasy from the heat. A little goes a long way too. My face is sensitive also, so I use this sparingly. Overall, I do like this a lot and will reserve it for special occasions when I might need it.

on 7/31/2009 12:36:00 PM

My first ever Clinique product and I just love it. This toner is fantastic. I have oily acne prone skin and I would never have believed a toner would be the answer to all my prayers. This really does controls my oily skin and my acne has magically improved almost from the first use. I had (Yes had - thanks to this miracle worker) bad breakouts along my jawline my problem area and this is the only thing that I have ever used that has cleared this up. My jawline for the first time in years looks clear and also feels clear, no lumpy spots lying under the skin. Yes this stuff is strong and stings a wee bit but I almost enjoy that now because I know its just working to exfoliate and cleanse my skin. I am hoping with continued use this will exfoliate and help with the scarring along my jawline also, fingers crossed. Honestly this product gets a rave review from me, I am so impressed, thank you Clinique !!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been with Clinique for a few years now - I used #2 Clarifying Lotion in my teens and #3 in my early 20s. Once I hit 25, my skin decided to become the Holy Meeting Grounds of the Chuch of Too Much Oil. Tragic, I know. Completley out of the blue my face started breaking out for the first time since middle school. I tried a bunch of acne remedies with no success, finally going to the Clinique counter and asking for the dreaded blue (#4) toner. Well, within 1 week (that is 7 days of the Gregorian calendar) my skin was clear again. Thank you lawd! I mean, seriously, I'm too old for pimples.

Ok, so here's what's up - do NOT use this if you have dry skin, normal skin or even skin that's sorta oily every third Tuesday. No, for this to not take your face off, YOU MUST HAVE OILY SKIN. Like, your face better look like the Fonze was all up in there. Do you even know who da Fonze is?

At the end of the day, this stuff saved my face. Ignore reviewers who say "this burned my face." Well, duh, its not for dry/normal skin.

on 7/3/2008 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Clinique was one of the first skin care systems I ever used. When I was first making my purchase (back in the mid-1990s), even though I ended up buying the Clarifying Lotion #3, the salesperson had me try a little bit of this one (#4) before I made my decision. I don't know if Clinique has changed their formula since then, but back when I was still a Clinique user, one of the ingredients in this was acetone (the stuff you use to remove nail polish). I remember this product smelling like paint thinner and irritating my skin to no end. #3 (the one I ended up purchasing, which also contained acetone) ended up making my face feel horrible, so I can only imagine how much worse #4 would have been had I attempted to use it regularly. Anyone purchasing Clinique skin care, I urge you to read their list of ingredients before you purchase!!!

on 4/30/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I used Clinique a few years back but decided to shop around for more natural skincare - a mistake. Back then I used the mild soap, #2, and DD lotion which always worked well. Since then my skin type has changed and I now have super oily skin which nothing would control and applying powder 5+ times a day. Decided to go back to Clinique last week as I was covered in spots and oilier than ever. Went for the #4 lotion along with the oily liquid soap and DD gel and my skin is looking so much better. Whether it's the clarifying lotion or the full regime, my oil problem is 100% better. I'm lucky if I have to powder once a day now. My spots are drying up very quickly too and no new ones have appeared. Very impressed. Will repurchase.

i was a little skeptical about this product because it has a bit of salycilic acid in it..which my face never did well with...surprisingly its great!!! it tightens pores, helps with oil control (im ridiculously oily) and best of all get rid of the flakies!! even though my oil is out of control..since i use acne medication my skin gets flaky..this gets rid of that...
fair warning: the first couple of times i used this my face felt on fire...however after like 3-4 times ur face tolerates it..go figure...