Wella Color Charm Toner T14 Pale Ash Blonde

on 8/9/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

T14 10v dry hair 35 mins - worked ok see photo

on 8/6/2017 4:43:00 PM

I am really happy with this. I had been using box dye over and over. My roots are a dark blonde almost brown, well dishwater so every color in my hair. My root area kept turning brassy.

Well looking into it more the box die was not a high enough developer and did not lift enough and thus, brass within a few weeks. I knew I could not throw another box of color on this and I was tired of this cycle. Everyone kept telling me I was strawberry blonde.

I had tried the T18 in the past, but it did not seem to be enough (I have pics of it on that review). But this, oh my, this was exactly what I had been wanting. Look at the pics.

From what I understand now it, the T14 takes out the brassy and the T18 takes out the yellow. So not it seems I am down to eh yellow part and might try T18 next week if I feel brave. but for the moment, I am happy with what just happened.

Oh and I was very careful NOT to do my ends. Those were not brassy and I was so afraid of green ends because this is a blue violet base, and thanks to Ziplock, I know that yellow and blue make green :-)

I used vol 20 for 20 min. I think I could have went another 5 - 10 min though.

This stuff is amazing! I have natural ashy dark blonde hair and have struggled with horrendous hot roots and brassiness ever since lightening it to a light/medium blonde. When I tried this I had bright orange roots and gold over the rest of my hair. I used this with a 10 volume developer, left it on for a little longer than I was supposed to (maybe 40 minutes - and I had a LOT of brass). Now my hair looks like a pretty natural blonde. Not overly ashy or silvery, but just a very pretty neutral blonde. Since my hot roots were SO bad in comparison to the rest of my hair, I was worried that the toner would make the ends more ashy and leave some warmth in my roots, but I have consistent colour all the way through. I'm definitely going to be a long time buyer!

on 5/10/2017 11:40:00 AM

I don't usually write reviews but I figured I would help someone else out since I did so much research on this before toning my hair. I used the wella t14 solution with a 20 volume developer to get rid of the brass in my hair. I had a mix of orange and yellow tones but this one seemed to work for both. I have a side by side before and after picture so you can see what it did for me. I left it on for about 25 mins and applied it with a bottle.

on 4/29/2017 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I naturally have dark brown/black hair but have bleached it a medium golden blonde for years. I touched up my roots and ended up with the orange brassy color. After looking online everyone kept saying to use this and well a t18 toner for the orange. Well let me tell you what no one mentions is this product may take out the orange but it changes your hair silver due to the violet base! Do not use this product unless you are going platinum blonde because you could easily cover it. Definitely would not recommend for any other shade of blonde!

This product saved my hair!! I had bleached it blonde at home and it had alot of brassy orange in it ran out and got this product with a developer 20 and 30 minutes later my hair looks like its supposed to blonde!!! Love this product!!

on 10/17/2016 8:17:00 PM

Too many people are saying they used this product with great results, BUT, they do not say whether they used 10 volume or 20 volume developers. We need to know: there IS a difference! Some of us do NOT want to lighten to brassy with any 20 volume developer (and that tint will fade, over time,) so please let us know the long term results of using this hair toner. thx.

on 7/12/2016 7:46:00 PM

So I live in Florida and have medium brown, light brown hair. It goes red easily and sometimes I even like red in the fall. However, in Fl with a pool red goes orange, brown goes brassy and in July not a good look. So Sally's recommended T14 silver lady because it was blue and violet and blue cancels orange right? She also recommended 20 developer when i usually use 10. So onward. Did the the whole 2:1 ratio and for my shoulder length hair (i'm tall) and I have alot of it but not thick I used two, which was good since the toner was BOGO. Anyways, 30 min, used some saran wrap to really keep heat in and blend my roots while a youtube video suggested it, yet on dry hair and oh my word the burn even after just brushing it on. The smell was very strong too. Scalp still is tender from 20 developer:(. Anyhow, felt rough as all get out on rinsing and used ION color lock seal packets again bogo at Sally's. Finally? I don't know. A friend saw me right after and didn't even really notice? It def is toned, and it was only 10 bucks but it feels damaged. I have the aphogee 2 min reconstructer which i love, tones of cones to protect from pool and salt water, protein too. Not much slip but feels stronger. I'll update a week out to see if any change.

I am trying to get my hair to a light enough blonde, so that I can dye it bright blue and it not turn out puke green. So I totally messed up my first bleach job. I missed huge spots and had to go back over it again to get the spots I missed. I also had a ton of BRIGHT ORANGE. Yuck. I read online from a lot of people that the T14 can help really well with gold tones and evening out colors. After rinsing out my 2nd 'fixer upper' bleaching, I applied the Wella T14 using the leftover 30 developer I had instead of 20. It barely changed color at all. I had it on my hair for 20 minutes and was not seeing the dye change to blueish violet like everyone talks about, plus it STINKS..my god it smells like straight up ammonia. So I rinsed it out.
I have before and after photos but I'm not seeing any way that I can upload them while writing a review on my mobile device..hmm.
But I will say that it did help turn a good big of that that ugly bright orange into a dark ash blonde (or light ash brown?). The parts it didnt turn ashy are more like a natural auburn now instead of bright clown orange. Its no miracle worker like so many claim. And like I said it smells very strong and horrible. I probably won't buy it again just because it smells so bad and to be honest I've had box dyes neutralize orange and brass tones better than this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yesterday I spent 5 hours in the salon chair with a reputable hairdresser. My hair is naturally dark brunette-almost black-and lefts very well. It had previously been nearly all blonde, so I did the bad thing and dyed it dark brown with at-home boxed dye several months ago to bring health back. The problem is, I get bored. I explained to my stylist that I've done this many times, and the previously dyed hair would lift to a dark golden/coppery blonde, and the virgin hair would lift to blonde no problem. I did NOT want brass, and I'd like highlights on the bottom half, toned to be dark beige. Imagine my horror when I left with gold hair. GOLD. I was not happy. So, off to Salky this morning.
My hair is thick and just past my shoulders. I purchased two bottles of T-14 and 20 volume developer. I left it on the lightened hair for 25 minutes, pulling it through the top roots for the last 5. It lifted my roots imperceptibly...when my hair is wet and I look at my scalp I can see a slight lightening at the scalp, but not enough that others would notice. However, if you put this on dark hair for a long time, you will get brassy.

I'm happy with the results. I didn't wind up ashy or muddy, and my hair is still warm tones. It just took the majority of gold to a neutral dark beige blonde, and toned down the orange pieces to a nice dark golden blonde. I'll co tongue to use this. I do recommend a deep conditioner-my hair felt horrible when I rinsed it out. I've added before and after photos-the first is the gold before, and the next two are after.