OPI Suzi Has a Swede Tooth

OPI Suzi Has a Swede Tooth
Suzi Has a Swede ToothSuzi Has a Swede ToothOPI - Suzi Has A Swede Tooth

on 10/19/2017 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is one of my absolutely favourite shades of Barbie pink. It is a blue-based medium shade of bubblegum pink - truly a Barbie girl shade! I love wearing it as a pedicure, I have worn it so many times on my toes that I have lost count. It also looks stunning as a mani, and has an excellent formula. One coat is all you need for a fully opaque, creme finish with no streaks or patches. It applies very easily and dries quickly and to a shiny finish, though I think adding topcoat to this one gives it extra shine and really makes it pop. It has excellent staying power, lasting around 5 days as a mani when paired with base and top coat and even longer as a pedi. It is a very flattering colour that I believe would be universally flattering on all skin tones. I would highly recommend this shade for anyone who loves pink or wants an easy one-coater they can pop on or anyone looking for a go-to pedi shade. This is an amazing shade of bubblegum pink, one of my absolute favourites. A+

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful "baskin robbins" pink color. It's not neon and most are calling it muted, I can't quite find the wording....It's not neon and not dull. I believe this was a winter collection and I love the idea of a pink in winter because I love pink but yes, this is a nice winter pink cream. It applies flawlessly and all you need is 2 coats. Lasts decently, as long as you're using a good topcoat/basecoat combo.

on 7/13/2015 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Suzi has a Swede Tooth is one of my favorite pinks! It is lighter, more of a "bubble gum" pink, but is still very bright. I wore this last fall quite a bit to break the cycle of wearing only dark shades. It makes me feel very girly! This polish also looks great with CHG Fairy dust layered on top (what polish doesn't?).
As far as the formula, the one that I have is very easy to work with. Two coats and a top coat, and I am good to go! The wear time is usually pretty good with this one as well, depending on which BC and TC I am using, how rough I am on my hands, etc.
If I lost this polish, I would probably repurchase. I enjoy having it in my collection.

Not my favorite pink but I like it. Has a rosy hue to it. Does have a blue undertone but like the other reviewer said it has a grey or kind off a dullish tone too it. Kind of a off barbie pink.. hard to explaine. I like it but not in love... At all. I think I will give it away. I much prefer OPI Short Story which is a bit brighter and IMO much prettier!

on 1/20/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've updated my review... Most say it is muted; I disagree. I prefer I'm India the Mood for Love, so know that this is my perfect pink standard. Swede Tooth is more like a lightly grayed strawberry pink, if that makes sense. It looks like the pink columns at Taco Cabana, or the pink walls at Baskin Robbins. I still feel cheated by OPI marketing with this bright pink for winter....

It is bright, but not cheery. Application was patchy, so I needed 3 coats. You will see the grey hue when it dries. Since I have warm skin, I think the slight bit of grey in Swede Tooth clashes on me; it looks a little odd and makes my skin seem a little sallow. In certain lighting, it looks tolerable (not good). Maybe girls with cool skin can wear this successfully? I've seen swatches were it looks so cute, so it is working for them (like the swatch above). I wish I would have tried Shorts Story instead.

Edit: And I finally did try Shorts Story. It is what I wanted Swede Tooth to be! So review Shorts Story, too. As it turns out, I didn't really love it, but oh well. Glad I tried it, so now I know...

Now, I love love love I'm India the Mood for Love. Even though it is a blue pink, it has enough fushia so that it is very, very flattering on me. So, if you have warm skin, and could choose between the two, I suggest India. I would give India a 5.0. Both colors are medium pinks, and somewhat similar. Swede is slightly lighter, brighter, light strawberryish, and had that grey cast. India is had a touch more fushia, is nice and crisp, but not bright in your face (and I have worn it in winter, because I love it that much).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Suzi has a swede tooth is a beautiful strawberry pink.Very similar to shorts story.I like suzi has a swede tooth better.I have both.You are going to need 2 to 3 coats because it really streaks but it is worth the trouble.I love the color and i am sure you will too.

on 3/29/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is not my type of color but I wanted something bright on my fingers for a trip to FL and this was perfect. I had it done as a gel and the bright cool-tonedpink looks a bit Barbie-ish but blue-toned enough that I can get away with it.

Not a HG but a nice change for me - I usually go with sheers, "ballet pinks" or (believe it or not) blues.

Fun and flirty.

on 9/22/2014 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Suzi Has A Swede Tooth is from OPI Nordic Collection 2014. This belongs to the Fall/Winter Collection. From the bottle, I thought this color is hot pink. How can it be in the Fall/Winter collection? After I put it on, I got the answer. It looks hot pink from the bottle, but on my nails, it has a blue grey undertone to it. So, it does not entirely look like pink. It is a sort of dusty, rosy hot pink. It's definitely can be used as a cross between summer & fall. A very surprising looking dusty rosy hot pink.
The application is wonderful. It doesn't take long to dry. The coverage is really smooth and the opacity is great. This color itself is not bright enough to have a loud factor (I think) but it's definitely subtle enough to be worn on all occasions. This color is one of my favourite of OPI Nordic Collection 2014 and if you like pink and wants to wear it in fall/winter, I will recommend this one.

on 9/3/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

The tips wear down after a day, but wow oh wow I love this pink. Applies well with one coat, and did I mention it's a gorgeous pink? I just wish it weren't a limited edition; I don't think I've seen another quite like it.

Popular Polishes