Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

4.5

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 5/9/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My default loose powder is Bobbi Brown's but I repurchased Clinique's Invisible Blend loose powder today having been tempted by a GWP (which is how I first tried this product).
On a cost comparison, you get a huge amount of powder for the price (35g compared to BB's 6g).
Performance wise, this is a finely milled powder and a very small amount is needed to set makeup and take down shine. I think it's too much to expect a powder to keep you shine free all day, so this works just as well as any other.
From other reviews it seems that Invisible Blend is not best suited to lighter skin tones but works very well with darker ones like mine. Applying too much can give an ashen tone though, so if using with a powder puff then you might need to brush off the excess. I've just lightly buffed some over my face using my MAC brush 109, which is a small headed brush recommended by MAC for applying powder foundation, and it's given a truly invisible matte finish to my face. I find the small headed brush gives greater control for applying loose powder than a "powder" brush - and it doesn't fly off the brush onto your shoulder!
I'd tried Clinique's loose powders many years ago but the shades were a little too pink for me. Invisible Blend is a great fit for my olive-tan yellow toned skin.

I love the natural, semi-matte finish - it was always my HG loose powder in my 20s and 30s. I hadn't planned on repurchasing as my skin seemed to be getting drier as I'm getting older but it was just winter dehydration of my normally oily/combo skin. You get heaps for your money with Clinique powders and the Transparency 3 shade has always suited my Winter/Spring NC25-30 complexion, plus it's relatively neutral. The Invisible Blend 20 is more adaptable so suits me all year round though it does not mattify. Invisible Blend 20 is also more yellow and I think would look ashy on tan, truly olive or darker complexions. With both, you also get a handy little brush that is ideal for touch-ups and getting into little nooks and crannies - it's not sold as a substitute for a proper powder brush. I have a powder fetish so I'm still working my way through a jar but I fear it's going to be with me for a few more years! I would definitely re-purchase in the future but will stick to Transparency - maybe no. 4 next time?

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

BEST POWDER EVER. If you have extra-oily skin like me, this powder is a must. I have it in invisible blend, and it's all you need on top of whichever foundation you are using. It makes my pores completely disappear (and they are huge by the way) and keeps my make up shine free for much longer than any other powder - pressed or loose. When I feel brave enough, I wear it alone over a bit of pore minimizer (usually clinique's) and it gives an amazing glow. To avoid the mess created by the powder every time I open the cap, I use a powder puff on the sieve and a bit of tissue on top of the puff, to make sure the powder cannot escape when I close the cap. Trust me, it works! When I need heavier coverage, I use it with a powder puff, but most of the time I am using it with the little brush - I am petite, and the size of the brush feels fine to me ;-) Overall, this is one of the few products that I keep buying - I have done that 3 times so far, and it lasts for absolute ages too. Great product for oily skin, cannot live without it.

on 8/9/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I like this powder. I really love the value, you get a ton product for your money. Is it my HG.....no, but I really do like it. I like the luminocity I get with it, it blends very nicely, and the color is great. I hate how messy it is, and the itty bitty brush I tossed. So much easier with my MAC 150!!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite loose powder as of now. I have this in transparency #7 (NC40 skin tone) and I find it blends perfectly!! I gives my skin an airbrushed look. The only downside to this powder is the packaging. It leaks all over the place. I don't break out from this, that's why I love Clinique and there hypoallergenic products! Will definately repurchase!!

on 10/2/2008 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i got this in transparency 4 plus to use as a bronzer. there is SO much makeup in the container. i dont wear foundation so it comes off pretty easily on me. it was worth the money though. the only reason i wont buy it again is because i dont know if i will ever use it all! hated the brush though. its way too small.