Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 4/7/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Too drying for dry skin even when used with all hydrating products

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great setting powder! It's finely milled, lightweight and the color Invisible is truly invisible. It does not alter the color or add any additional coverage to my foundation. I have oily skin and use a heavy hand to set my foundation but this powder never looks cakey. The brush is nothing spectacular and I don't use it for this powder. The price is ok, there are many others that are more or less expensive but this one performs nicely and I think it's worth the price because it works for me. I am about to purchase this for the third time. It is a great representation of Clinique quality.

on 5/9/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My default loose powder is Bobbi Brown's but I repurchased Clinique's Invisible Blend loose powder today having been tempted by a GWP (which is how I first tried this product).
On a cost comparison, you get a huge amount of powder for the price (35g compared to BB's 6g).
Performance wise, this is a finely milled powder and a very small amount is needed to set makeup and take down shine. I think it's too much to expect a powder to keep you shine free all day, so this works just as well as any other.
From other reviews it seems that Invisible Blend is not best suited to lighter skin tones but works very well with darker ones like mine. Applying too much can give an ashen tone though, so if using with a powder puff then you might need to brush off the excess. I've just lightly buffed some over my face using my MAC brush 109, which is a small headed brush recommended by MAC for applying powder foundation, and it's given a truly invisible matte finish to my face. I find the small headed brush gives greater control for applying loose powder than a "powder" brush - and it doesn't fly off the brush onto your shoulder!
I'd tried Clinique's loose powders many years ago but the shades were a little too pink for me. Invisible Blend is a great fit for my olive-tan yellow toned skin.

I love the natural, semi-matte finish - it was always my HG loose powder in my 20s and 30s. I hadn't planned on repurchasing as my skin seemed to be getting drier as I'm getting older but it was just winter dehydration of my normally oily/combo skin. You get heaps for your money with Clinique powders and the Transparency 3 shade has always suited my Winter/Spring NC25-30 complexion, plus it's relatively neutral. The Invisible Blend 20 is more adaptable so suits me all year round though it does not mattify. Invisible Blend 20 is also more yellow and I think would look ashy on tan, truly olive or darker complexions. With both, you also get a handy little brush that is ideal for touch-ups and getting into little nooks and crannies - it's not sold as a substitute for a proper powder brush. I have a powder fetish so I'm still working my way through a jar but I fear it's going to be with me for a few more years! I would definitely re-purchase in the future but will stick to Transparency - maybe no. 4 next time?

on 5/9/2013 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I started using this a week ago and can noticeably see the difference in the finish of my base. Does mattify shiny areas pretty well, and is very light and nicely milled so doesn't go on cakey. I was using the Collagenic Mineral Loose Powder by The Face Shop before and I felt that was a little too light in tone and doesn't blend well.

The little brush it comes with is a nice little add on to keep in my make-up bag, but not very practical for actual loose powder application. Bristles are a little too stiff and scratchy!

Packaging wise - it's definitely something you leave on your vanity counter rather than bring with you coz the powder will just go everywhere. I much prefer using a pressed powder for on-the-go touch ups.

Very reasonably priced, lots of product (a little goes a long way!) and this is a definite repurchase. Just make sure to test out all the shades to find one that suits you!

on 4/17/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Does not mattify!! I have extremely oily, blemish-prone skin with a lot of enlarged pores. This does neither mattify or make the pores look better.... When it comes to the pores B.E mineral veil is better.

I guess this suites more normal skintypes....

on 3/3/2013 9:23:00 PM

You get A LOT OF products for its price. I think it lasted me for more than two years, and I use it almost everyday. The only bad thing about this is that it can get quite messy, but this applies to all loose powder products. It works well on me and I would definitely continue buying it.

on 1/6/2013 9:15:00 PM

This translucent powder is amazing I truly believe this powder is THE BEST out there. I bought 20 invisible blend for about $20 bucks at Macy's about 2 years ago and I just ran out of the product a couple days ago. My pores vanished and my oily skin was tamed for hours after applying the powder. This product is cheaper than Make Up Forever and doesnt make your face look white with flash photography. I will definately buy this product again and trust me you wont be sorry! Great price and wonderful finishing powder for any type of face, trust me.

Goes on silky smooth. my skin BREATHES no heavy or chalky feel. lasts a good five hours and you only need a tiny bit for your whole face. It is double what you would pay for a drug store brand but i find that it last me five times longer. With a rimmel or loreal I would need to repruchase every month or two using it everyday. With this I have for a whole year! plus no clogged pores no acne. I wear this with a covergirl tinted moisturizer and it feels very light fresh.

One of my HG's that I always come back to. I have all kinds of foundation and finishing powders and I rotate through them a lot... but this is one that I come back to time and time again... because it just looks the best of any I have. It keeps me finished and fairly matte for a while... but no powder keeps my oily tzone matte all day... but this never looks heavy or cakey. I will always have this in my makeup stash.