La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Cream

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Cream

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3% (Sunscreen), Octisalate 3.5% (Sunscreen), Octocrylene 4.5% (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide 6.2% (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Disopropyl Sebacate, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sucrose Tristearate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 61, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tambourissa Trichophylla Leaf Extract, Dimethiconol, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, May Contain:, Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/26/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have good skin and don't need/want much coverage. I prefer a natural look. I've been using Supercity Block tinted SPF as makeup for quite a while. Although it's tinted, it doesn't color correct or offer any 'real' coverage, just a blurring effect. I think the tint is mostly to offset white cast from SPF.

I picked up this LRP CC cream just to give it a try. I actually really like it, although it does have some cons.
CONS: It's somewhat orange toned. This won't work for everyone. It's a bit thicker than the Supercity, so I didn't find it as easy to spread. I can totally see why ppl say it's patchy or streaky to apply; it needs to be blended. It's fragranced, which doesn't bother me, but I don't know why they did that. It clings to dry patches. Overall, I find the formula dryer than I'm accustomed to. For normal to dry skin, this may not be optimum.

PROS: SPF 30. I wear SPF every day. I appreciate that this can be used as my foundation and offer a higher SPF. The coverage is good, much better than the Supercity. I think it's as good as a light coverage foundation. And it does very well at evening my skin tone. I have clear skin that's in good shape, but I do have some slight sun spots, redness near my nose, etc. This really evens things out. To make it easier to spread, I'll mix it with either a few drops of Argan oil, or a little bit of Supercity, or a little bit of the transparent Hylamide photography fluid. I apply with fingers. And I always apply on freshly oiled skin.
The finish is matte and natural-looking, even on my freshly oiled skin. Nowhere near as dewy as the Supercity block.
For me, since this product is doing double duty as daily SPF and foundation, the price is worth it. And I don't wear any other makeup over it. So it works and I'll use it up. Not sure about repurchasing.

For a CC cream this has good coverage! My only complaint is you really have to work it into the skin to get it to blend in...

on 3/4/2017 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I can never go wrong with this brand. Once again, La Roche Posay does not disappoint. I tried out this CC Cream and I thought it was great for my fair, sensitive skin. They make many products designed to take care of skin like mine (sensitive, sun damaged, etc). The only drawback is that I must keep it away from my eyes, the chemical sunscreen makes them water like crazy! This however is not unusual for me with most sunscreens. Some days I wear this alone. It's a good one to have in my regular rotation. Highly recommended!

on 4/12/2017 10:26:00 AM

On the fence with this one. Pros: For a CC cream, Rosaliac has great coverage. Either that or the color works so well with my light to medium skin tone that I appear super even toned. I'm not quite sure which, but whatever, right? It even tones down the teleangiectasias on my chest, and those are really the worst. It also stays put and doesn't slide around my face, so I feel pretty confident knowing I look good and my skin is protected. Finally, I don't seem to react to this cream, so for my starting-to-age, crazy-sensitive, mild rosacea-covered face, that's good news.

However, there are cons that many have mentioned, and the big one for me is the smell. It smells exactly like Sunflowers from Elizabeth Arden, and it takes at least an hour to go away. An hour seems like forever when you're constantly inhaling perfume. Also, this cream does feel pretty heavy, which I don't care for, although it's not so bad that it's a deal breaker. Finally, it CAN accentuate dry patches and does not play well with other makeup. The price is also WAY steep for a CC cream, although it does seem like it is better than most in many ways.

I'd probably repurchase this for days where I know it's going to be warm and dry and I just want to be a little "polished", but I've got other things that I think I like better for summer. This might be good for a cool, dry autumn.

Edited to add that if this gets at ALL wet, a white and tan mess bleeds off your face, so do consider that if purchasing as well.

on 6/13/2017 9:56:00 PM

Only CC/BB cream I've ever used and liked. GReat coverage for a product of its type. Goes on a bit chunky sometimes, but only if I use too much, and it can be easily pressed into the skin. Also seems to genuinely help my skin a little. I will say it's def best only for fairer skin types. Also, I'm pretty tanned right now since it's summer, so that's probably the only reason it's not too dark. But, for the time being, I love it. My go-to pre-work look is just this over moisturizer and mascara.

on 5/28/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Another terrible tinted cream. It looks fine in the artificial light, but in the daylight you see streaks which are just impossible to blend out, it does not absorb at all and thru out the day comes off/wipes off the face in patches. Also, it makes my eyes burn and water like crazy on any contact and then it also comes off my face in those crazy streams of tears. Any sweat or a little bit of water does the same thing, it comes off completely and forms crazy looking lines and patches. The SPF is high so thats a good thing but I guess it's completely ineffective as soon as you sweat a little since the cream will be coming off right away.

on 11/7/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I purchased this because I love their liquid face sunscreen and wanted something for when I want to be a bit more put together. I don't wear foundation, so I thought this would be a good alternative. Unfortunately, this did not work out for me. I have very yellow/olive toned skin, and the universal shade ended up leaving me too pink/orange, or maybe just too dark, I'm not sure which or why. It wasn't really noticeable to others, but I had to blend it into my jawline and a bit down the neck area to make it look seamless. Second was the fragrance. While it wasn't offensive or terribly strong, I found it to still be overwhelming on my face. It smelled like a mixture of light floral and powder. I prefer no lasting fragrance in my face products. I did like that it was sunscreen and "makeup" in one. Blending with fingers was easy, it did even skin tone and brighten, and it did not break me out in the two days I used it. All that being said, I went back to just sunscreen with concealer where I need it and see the exact same results. I would not reccomend this for oily skin, as I found it very hydrating and was slightly oily at the end of the day on my normal skin. I also found it to feel thick and heavy on the skin. Others may not, but as someone who doesn't wear more than their sunscreen daily and concealer if needed, it felt mask like.

The product is easy to apply but at the same time it feels a bit greasy on your skin, especially if you are on the oily side. I guess it is the spf part that impacts the longevity of the product. My make up didn't sit well on top of the CC cream, even set with a bit of translucent powder.
The CC cream does conceal the redness in the skin, but mostly with the help of the orange pigment. Yet I found this orangeness way too prominent for my skin tone (NC20-25).

Loved the idea of this product and I really wanted to like it but unfornately it's a no go. This is available in only one colour, meant for fair - medium skin but it was much too dark/orange for me (for reference I'm usually "fair" or "ivory" in coverup/concealers), it's also heavily perfumed. I wore it for about 20 minutes and had to wipe it off due to looking like an Oompa Loompa... I had to go wash my face because the scent was so strong it made me feel nauseated.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product because I was in need of a bb/cc cream with high spf for the summer months. I have read so many bad reviews for La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Cream and I was a bit afraid of purchasing, but I decided to risk it. I don't have rosacea but I have very sensitive and dry skin. So:

PROS:
Spf30(the highest I've seen on a BB/CC )
Paraben-free
50ml(when other BB/CC are 30 or 40 ml)
Hygienic packaging with a pump
Does not irritate the skin despite its smell
Gives a semi-matte, dewy, natural finish
Quite hydrating (perfect for dry skin)
Buildable without looking cakey
Stays on my skin all day

CONS:

Animal Testing (L'Oreal owns LRP)
Universal Shade (a bit yellow on me)
It does not cover blemishes completely
It can be a bit heavy
Not recommended to people with oily skin as it is very hydrating
A little bit pricey (17€ in Greece)

Overall, it does what it promises: it covers my redness completely and gives me a nude finish. It didn't cause acne or dryness in my skin and the fact that it stays on my face all day made me consider this as one of the best BB/CC creams that I have tried so far.