Garnier Pure Active BB Cream

Garnier Pure Active BB Cream
Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Pure ActiveGarnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Pure ActiveGarnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Pure Active (Messy)

3.4

on 5/11/2017 4:31:00 PM

I'll start off by saying the coverage is good.
Better than most bb creams I've tried.
I personally didn't notice an odour as some.others have.
My problem with this product is that it does not dry down at all
In fact it's so sticky if my hair touches it, my hair sticks to my face. I've avoided that using a powder on top but I bought a bb cream so I didn't have to do a full face.
If you have very dry skin I think this would work for you.

on 8/11/2016 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not a fan of BB creams, I've tried several, but they just didn't work for me. This I actually LIKE.

I bought this one in the shade Light/Clair, it was on sale so the price was OK. My skin is very difficult, dry and oily at the same time. And I wanted something light for everyday wear because foundation is too heavy for me.

When I first tried it, I noticed that it blended really well. I tested it on untanned skin on my arm. It was barely noticeable. So when I put it on my face, it seemed a bit too dark. It's summer now and my usual light/ivory skin is tanned. But it's really easy to blend, just take a little of it and you can practically cover your whole face. It evens my skin tone but I still use concealer to hide dark and red spots.
It smells kind of like a Pure Active face scrub, because it has salicylic acid inside. It didn't irritate my acne prone skin so a big plus for that.

I really put this to the test - 1.5h bicycle ride. And it didn't smudge, no noticeable lines. Very happy with it. I did use powder to set it in and make my face matte. You can use a lighter powder on top of it so it matches your skin tone.

This is surely one of the drugstore BB creams I would recommend. I don't like any of Maybelline's and nor L'oreal - their light was just orange on me. My skin tone is more neutral. But I don't think this would work on me in the winter - I'll try.

With everything said, I recommend you to try it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a pretty strong olive undertone/yellow and the only problem I have with this product that it's either very orange understand or neutral..it's very natural and easy to use and I like it, but I wish it has a variety of undertones

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was previously using Garnier's BB Cream for oily / combination skin in the medium shade. The tube was running low so off I went to my discount chemist and came across this Pure Active BB cream. I have combination skin prone to breakouts and I figured since this formula is targeted to problem skin and has salicylic acid, I thought why not give it a go!

The Pros:

I bought this in the medium shade and it is a shade DARKER than the regular oily / combination skin formula which is a PLUS for me as I am a Mac NC42 and this suited me better although it has a slightly pink undertone but it isn't too visible.

Hasn't made me break out and is easier to wash off. I like how it feels on the skin, buildable coverage - apply two layers for decent coverage and I dab some extra dots on acne marks and it does the job.

Very moisturising - will be great for my winter dry skin.

Has SPF 15 sun protection.

The Cons:

Ack!! The lid... Is VERY MESSY! It has a click-on tube but somehow the product manages to get everywhere inside the lid. It is not runny but I always have to wipe it down with a tissue after use.

This product claims to be for blemish / acne prone / oily skin but is NOT mattifying AT ALL. In fact, by midday (in summer) my face has turned into a grease pan if I don't put a layer of powder on. The whole point is to simplify my routine right? However, this is a very moisturising product and will be great for winter since I suffer from dry skin in winter.

Highly fragranced. The scent lingers until the afternoon. It's the classic Garnier Pure Active scent, so if you don't like this smell you will have trouble with this BB. I have gotten used to it by now so don't mind it anymore.

I gave this product 4 stars because I thought it would be mattifying like their Oily / Combination skin formula but don't mind it so much as I can dab on a bit of powder. Would be great in winter as it is highly moisturising. A big plus for me is the added salicylic acid, the darker tone and SPF. I will buy this again. It is a bargain buy as I can get this from Chemist Warehouse for only $8.

on 4/14/2016 8:52:00 AM

I recently bought this product because i was looking for something lighter than a foundation. Im always working out in between my duty hours so i cannot afford to use an expensive foundation and sweat it off then put another one after shower. Im also breaking out at the moment so im thinking this product might help due to its 2% salicylic acid. Packaging is awful. if only i could give it a zero rating i would because this thing leaks, its very runny! The first time i used it i was shocked coz it feels like the shade was so dark for me. but then when it oxidizes it matches my skintone. oil control is not that good, it feels like im greasy a few hours after. When taking off makeup it feels like a lot on my face, i literally have to cleanse twice and it feels like there is still product on my face even though i didnt put too much. Im giving it a 2 since so far its not breaking me out but still did not do anything for my breakouts. i know its not supposed to be a treatment but what it claims isnt actually all true. This is my review and it didnt work for my skin type but i heard from others it worked for them. plus the thing i hate most about this is the smell! it has a very strong smell for me that everytime i use it, i sneeze!!! well most of the time that is.

I absolutely love this product.

I have never had much luck with foundation- I have had major issues with acne, redness and flakiness in the past, and issues matching my pale complexion.

I started using this just before Summer following treatment for acne, so i still wanted to cover some spots and and scars and redness without loading foundation on to my face. I started using the original BB cream...which for to me seems a little lighter in tone and a bit runnier, not great coverage. But then came pure active....

This is a perfect Summer foundation, it gives a dewy finish with good coverage- really seems to even out my skin tone and redness and blur any imperfections, and has spf15. I wear this with a primer- usually bare minerals prime time (which is fab btw) and I don't need to reapply it even on a hot day or sweaty night out. However without a primer yu may want to touch up after 4/5 hours.

I have very pale skin usually,(boots no.7 calico) and I have to make sure to blend it in properly around my jawline otherwise it can leave slightly orangey marks. I swear this cream adapts to the colour on my face, it looked great when I got some colour over summer, and now that my tan is fading I'm still wearing it, and it makes my skin glow.

on 6/24/2014 5:59:00 PM

I'm afraid I have to add my unenthusiastic review to the rest. I bought this because it says it's good for acne-prone skins. It hasn't broken me out and the color is good. But that's where the good news ends.

This is supposed to be mattifying. It isn't. I tried it in humid conditions and now in very dry climate and the result is the same: a sticky feeling that requires much blotting. It improves a godd deal with finishing powder, but I wanted something to simplify my routine.

It's not ghastly, but I wouldn't repurchase it. Burjeois' 123 Perfect CC cream blows this out of the water (I reviewed that separately).

There's one thing that I simply ADORE about French foundations and creams: NO silicones, and NO sunscreen. Both invariably break me out, so merci beaucoup to French cosmetic industry.

Hi there, I have been using the classic Garnier BB cream light/clair for nealy a year now. I am really pleased with it. But since I suffer from problematic skin and acne I really like the new BB cream Pure Active as it claims to cater for my type of skin. I bought the light/clair as it is what I have been used to with the Classic BB cream. However when I applied it, it leaves a more heavier film but actually does not provide better coverage. At work I still get shiny even though it is meant to be anti-shiny. Normally with my classic BB cream I get a bit greasy throughout the day and I just tap a dry paper towel on my face and it does the job without leaving any colour behind. But with this new product when I tap my face with a paper towel - OMG it leaves brown colour on the paper. It does not sink well into the skin. The tone of this cream is slightly darker than the normal light/clair tone. I have used it for about 4 days and I am not impressed. I wish I could return it. In my view it is not an improved version. It is a step back. I am really happy with the classic BB and i will happily continue using it.

on 11/8/2014 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this BB cream on and off for almost 3 months (July 2014 - September 2014).

Background of my face:
My shade in MAC is NC42. I have a yellow undertone. My face gets a bit oily in the T-zone in the winter, but very oily in the summer. I don't have active blemishes, but I have a few scars on my left cheek. My face routine consists of only cleansing with the Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy Gel Scrub, and moisturizing.
______________________________________

Pros:
- It gives a natural and slightly dewy finish which brightens up the skin (I use only one "pump" of the BB cream)

- It does not feel heavy at all

- It gives light - medium coverage. I usually go for light coverage because I'm still young and I don't like to have too much makeup on. The BB-cream does give enough coverage on blemishes and scars
--------------------------------------------------------

Cons:
-The packaging is AWFUL. The BB-cream comes in a squeezy tube (hand cream type of tube). The downside to this is that it gets very messy around the opening, and the BB-cream starts building up in the cover. It wound be better with a pump in my opinion.

-The BB-cream stays put for 2 hours, and then my face starts to feel shiny. If I set it with a powder (Usually Rimmel's Stay Matte Translucent Powder) it stays on for another good 2-3 hours.

-It only comes in the shades Light and Medium which is pretty bad. I use the Medium shade, and it has a neutral undertone. My face does look slightly off toned, like a bit lighter and not completely pink, but you can see that it doesn't match my neck, which has a yellow undertone.

______________________________________
Overall: I do like this BB-cream. I feel like it's gives a light, natural, and beautiful finish. I wish they had shades with a yellow undertone. Because the medium shade matches my skin color, but it doesn't have the right undertone... I would purchase this BB-cream again, and I would recommend it to my friends :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this bb for a makeup job last week, and I love it so I'm surprised by the poor reviews!!!
My first comment is this- I suspect the issue is that it's a great product, but maybe not great for oily skin ( despite being marketed for oily skin!).
I used this on a range of models, and it looked amazing on everybody. Looked beautiful in photos also. I must say, I actually liked it over a moisturiser on a normal/ dry skin the best. Good coverage, blends easily and wears well. It also looks very glowing in a nice way, like a cheaper version of Armani luminous silk. Not so suitable for oily, maybe!!!
They could definitely expand the colour range, though, the light is still pretty dark and there's nothing for the super tan people there.
My summary? Good product, maybe just needs to be re marketed for combo/normal skin as a fuller coverage bb.