Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Flavor/Aroma, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadiote, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamic Aldehyde, Linalool, Mica. ( /-) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). . Contains Carmine as a color additive.

I recently purchased a Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick on sale at Sephora for $12 in the color Baci and I adore both the color and the formula.

Formula: 5/5 Has a creamy mousse like consistency and smells exactly like a tub of vanilla frosting (yum!)
Doesn't dry down too quickly so you have time to work with it. It dries down to a matte velvet finish and is very light on the lip and I often forget I am even wearing lipstick! So comfortable!

Wear: This definitely has staying power, I get at least 5-6 hours without a need for touch ups. Which brings me to the way it wears off. It fades evenly and you can simply add another coat without having to remove it first which is super important to me. The other thing about the lipstick that I love is that it doesn't chip off like every other liquid lip I have!

Color: Baci
The best way to describe this color is lavender/grey and for once a greyish tone that doesn't make me look dead-yay! It's depth is comparable to a nude but lighter than their best seller Patina.

My favorite way to wear it is with a plum smokey eye using Kat Von D eyeshadow quad. Stunning!

I would absolutely recommend this lipstick to both liquid lipstick virgins and pro's alike.

Definitely pricey, but better than other liquid lipsticks I've tried that were at the same price point.

I bought Ricco, Bellissima, and Carmello. I normally have a serious problem with my lips drying out and flaking during the work day. I've found that putting some Ulta primer on my lips before applying this product does the trick to keep them moisturized throughout the day. I do reapply at lunch time, but other than that it stays on all day.
I am super pale, so Ricco is a very dark on me, but great for more dramatic look. Carmello is a perfect "My Lips But Better" shade for me, and Bellisima is great when I need a little pink.

Overall, while I won't be picking up every shade because of the price, I will certainly enjoy and use the shades I do have!

I have this in the color Aria (PLL reference, love it!!) and while the color is beautiful, I can't stand the formulation. Mine may just be old as it was given to me from my boss to try (I work in a large chain beauty store). It feels gritty and very dry on my lips. It also seems to give me butthole lips (if you're a big a fan of Jaclyn Hill as I am, you'll know what that means, lmao). The dryness can be somewhat expected for a long wearing liquid lipstick. I can't say that I like it but it's true of many of them on the market. But it's also true that some liquid lipsticks are not as dry and feel better on the lips. NYX is one of them. I love NYX and find their products to be awesome. Why would I pay a Stila price when I can get a lipstick that feels better on my lips and is cheaper? I wouldn't. So I will not be purchasing any of these.

I understand why people like these liquid lipsticks. The color payoff is great! II have this in patina and it is a pretty pink neutral. It only takes a little bit to apply so the tube lasts forever(but it is pricey) BUT I am surprised by the super high reviews. There are some big negatives for me. First off too much of the product is on the brush. I can only apply this when I wipe 75% off it off on a tissue first. If the packaging had a smaller hole opening and took some of the product off it would be much better. Second, it is very messy. It takes the slightest mess up to be all over the place. To be fair I find this problem with every liquid lipstick I have tried, high end and drugstore. It does dry quickly but I do find it leaves a tacky sticky feeling if I put on too much. I also need gloss or chapstick because my lips feel soo dry when using this.

UPDATE, I also tried this in perla...color is almost a pinkish purple...interesting but I had the same issues as listed above

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG i love this! best ever. I have Ricco and another mauvey pink shade. This lipstick is not drying it lasts all day (might need a minor touch up. Little transfer, good price point, fair packaging very pigmented. If i had discovered this first i wouldnt have purchased all the other crap that i have!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I own the shades Petina and Aria, I love these! They have beautiful shades, they smell lovely and apply nicely straight from the tube.

This is NOT a nude color. I'm fair skinned and it looked almost goth on me. Very good formulation and not drying but it is not a nude. It's BROWN!

On the higher end of price - close to $30 but stays all day! It's unbelievable . Formula is creamy and not flaky. I may touch it up with a gloss midday. Removing the lipstick I do have to use makeup remover on it and sometimes "brush my lips" . But I wanted all day lipstick and got it- definitely worth the cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is the best lipstick I have tried! It is comfortable to wear, lasts and lasts and lasts, you really never have to touch up. Everytime I'm out wearing this with my friends they ask "How do you make your lipstick stay put?!"

I have this in Beso, so far I haven't found the other colours attractive for my skin colour, so the only downside I'd have to say is the colour range. Having said that, I do remember seeing some 10+ colours on the shelf, I'm just a bit particular with lip colours.

100% buying this again once I run out. If more colours come out that I like, I'd even buy them.

By far the best liquid lipstick I have. The shade I have is Bacca. I love the easy application and it doesn't dry down too matte. Not sticky/tacky, of course you'll need to exfoloiate your lips. But on days that I have a slight dry lips this liquid lipstick still works wonderfully as it's still moisturising.
Besides that, even when you had an oily meal or noodle soup the colour stays. Reapplication wise a thin layer goes a long way and it doesn't cause patchiness or looks like you add extra layer to your lips. Price point, yes it's expensive but for the quality of it I won't mind.

Popular Lips Products