Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask

Not tested on animals

LANOLIN* (MEDICAL GRADE), ORGANIC CASTOR SEED OIL**, ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER**, GLYCERYL ROSINATE*, ORGANIC BLUE AGAVE NECTAR**, OLIVE OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES*, ORGANIC BEESWAX**, FLAVOR, VANILLIN, MONK FRUIT*, VANILLA FRUIT EXTRACT*, ORGANIC CARANUBA WAX*, TRANS-RESVERATROL*, GRAPE OIL*, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE*, LONICERA CAPRIFOLIUM (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT (AND) LONICERA JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT (AND) JOJOBA SEED OIL* /// * NATURAL ** CERTIFIED ORGANIC /// 99% NATURAL

on 8/29/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When I first bought this my lips were incredibly dry and the lines were very pronounced but after I started using this my lips look slightly plumber and smoother. I highly recommend this even though it is slightly pricey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I first purchased this after my lips were absolutely destroyed from a sunburn. I usually just apply lanolin to my lips each night which works beautifully, but after a week my lips were still chapped and peeling, so I purchased this. My lips were healed in two days and have never felt this soft before. However, it is quite expensive, especially for the size, so I save it for when my lips are especially damaged to accelerate healing. I'd love to use this every day but the price isn't worth it, so I stick to vaseline and lanolin most of the time.

on 8/6/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This mask as become a staple for me – it works wonders for prepping before using harsh liquid lipsticks, rescues my lips after them. Its main usage for me is as an overnight treatment, and I love that when I wake up its still on my lips, working its magic. The ingredients are top-notch, which I appreciate. The only con is the packaging tube, which is a pain in the @ss to squeeze out.

If you suffer from dry lips I highly recommend this product.

I bought this in the lippie version (in a tube like ChapStick) since Sephora was out of the squeeze-tube version. I must say I was incredibly impressed. I had terribly chapped lips due to a reaction to a very harsh cleanser that I had been using, and the agave lip mask was the most powerful thing I found to help heal my lips. At first I was worried that the stuff in the lippie tube would be too waxy and not as hydrating as the stuff in the squeezable tube, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am going to try to not be hyperbolic here, but it actually is difficult to not just shout from the rooftops about this product. I have used all kinds of lip treatments and balms over the years, but nothing at all has ever compared to the Agave Lip Mask. I initially got one of those little sampler packs from Sephora that has the two colored options and the clear one, and oh my goodness I fell in love and had to buy a full size as soon as I could. It really heals the lips, and after using it every night for about a year, I can definitely say that my lips are a lot healthier overall. Other balms that I use during the day work better, and I rarely have dry lips, even if I am sick or if I wear matte liquid lipsticks every day. It is sticky and it has a really sweet flavor due to the actual agave nectar that is in it, but neither are offensive. In spite of feeling sticky, it does still feel smooth on the lips as well. The thickness/stickiness actually makes this last until I wake up in the morning, which is phenomenal. If my lips do get a little dry, I can layer a more emollient/slippery balm underneath and then put the Agave Lip Mask on top for extra hydration. The tube that I have, which as I said I have used for about a year, is only about half empty as well, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. I know a lot of people rave about this and it is super hyped up, but it actually does what it promises. I highly recommend this, it is a complete HG for me and I will keep buying this for as long as it is available.

on 7/7/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I can look past the high prices and the annoying packaging because this is really amazing honestly.
I use this throughout the day and I barely find it necessary anymore to do a lip scrub since my lips are so moisturized and I don't have any dry skin. I keep it minimal when it comes to makeup so this is my holy grail right here when it comes to lip care.

on 4/11/2017 2:52:00 AM

I am a big devotee of all things lip balm- I've got big fat lips, and they shred like nobody's business if I'm dehydrated in the slightest. I use this balm as an overnight treatment 90% of the time. It's effective and will still be there in the morning. It tastes really sweet because of the agave which is great, but makes it tempting to lick off!!

It's very sticky as mentioned, will almost glue your hair to your mouth for sure, so I would combine two methods of day-wearing it mentioned by my fellow reviewers, by using this over a lip stain/pencil/blotted color, then adding a more slippery gloss/balm and bringing that product along with me through the day. Should make things a little easier, lockin in that protection and all that.

I have both the rosy-colored one and the regular... And I confess that sometimes at night I intentionally will use the rosy one so I can look slightly less half-dead when I first glimpse myself in the morning mirror! Woo!

I'd say the amount of product is good for the price, considering a small amount will last you for many hours; however, the silvery ink or whatever does tend to start coming off on the fingers after a little bit. NBD but just want to be thorough for y'all because you'd do the same for me!
xo

on 6/12/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've never had an issue with lanolin or wool products before, and I've never used agave so I can't say that it was the culprit, but I had a TERRIBLE reaction to this. The first few days of use, I noticed my lips felt very hydrated when I first woke up, but the feeling didn't last more than an hour or so. For the price, I'd hoped that the moisturized and hydrated feeling would last a bit longer but it doesn't.
After about four days of using this as my nighttime lip treatment, I noticed a rough patch of skin on my lips. I chalked it up to wearing a liquid lipstick that day and just slathered on more of the lip balm. The next day the rough patch was larger. This pattern continued for about a week and a half, and my entire upper lip was covered in rough, scaly dry patches before it dawned on me that the balm itself could be the problem. I immediately stopped using it and switched to blistex- lo and behold, the rough patches went away and my lips no longer feel like leather. As expensive as this product is, I really, REALLY wanted to love it but unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Pros:
leaves lips moisturized for an hour or two

Cons:
sticky
expensive ($26 for half an oz.)
may cause allergic reactions

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This mask saved my wind chapped lips after a ski weekend. My lips were hydrated after using this just a couple of times. I have the clear for night and Champagne for daytime. When it's cold and windy, I will wear the tinted version with a lip pencil. It's very thick and takes a little work to get out of the tube. But the viscosity is what makes it stay put on your lips- as opposed to other lip balms that slide all over. This will stay put. I love Bite as a brand- it's good to know that they use food grade ingredients, especially with a lip product. I love this stuff and it's a good value since a little goes a long way.

on 3/31/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Just got this from a Sephora sample and this stuff is SUPER hydrating - I am ordering one in a few days since my sample is almost done.

PRO`s:
smells and tastes amazing
ultra moisturizing - leaves your lips very soft
lots of antioxidants so improves your lips with constant use
you can use it in the morning for all day moisture and a 90s gloss effect
also no:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

CONS:
it can be a little sticky - do not wear it out if there is a breeze trust me on this one