3.9

price range

Reviews

2.0

16 days ago

On paper, this product seems great. Natural ingredients, not tested on animals, and it even tastes pretty good (sweet). However, the performance just doesn't cut it. I can apply this to slightly chapped lips at bedtime and when I wake up they are still chapped and dry. If my lips are really chapped or even cracked, forget it, this does nothing. It's strange because the formula is really thick and usually such an occlusive formula protects lips and gives them a chance to heal. But unfortunately, this doesn't. I can put it on and wait for it to sink in and an hour or so later, it's like I'd never put anything on my lips. They're just as chapped as if I hadn't used the lip mask. The formula is so thick which makes it hard to squeeze out of the tube sometimes, and I feel like it really drags across my lips while I'm applying it. Not a good feeling. So, while this checks all the right boxes on paper, the bottom line is that it doesn't perform. Sad when this happens.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 months ago

One of the best and most effective lip treatments I've used. I got the smaller tube in a set and it lasted far longer than I expected it to because you only need a tiny bit and don't need to reapply as often as the average lip balm. This has especially saved my lips in the winter with a one-two punch of moisturizing oils and lanolin, which helps seal those oils in. I wore this bed and always woke up with plump lips primed for lipstick. My one complaint? I don't care for lip products I have to apply with my finger. Would recommend this without hesitation but for the fact that Bite is reformulating it without the animal by-products, so I'm crossing all my fingers that the new version is just as amazing as the old.

About reviewer (157 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

2 months ago

My lips are very easily chapped and I realize my constant use of lipbalm was contributing to my lips being dependent on that 15 times a day applicate. I bought the Lip mask in Natural back in April-May? I used it twice a day and haven't finished it despite being almost the end of the year. I actually gave it to my sister to try because she was looking for a better lip product to see if she likes it. I went ahead and bought the Lip Mask again in Maple and notice that I tend to use more product with this tube, I'm not sure if it's from me realizing how long it last that I can be generous with it or that due to the slight change in formula for that tinted color that it comes out easier or that I need to use more. I am worried about the reformulation to being vegan that it won't be the same as before. I tried other lip masks but I love this the best also because it's in a squeezable tube. My friends recommended me the Laniege Lip Mask but I don't like how you have to dig your finger into the jar.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 months ago

Now this is some good quality stuff. It moisturizes really well, smells and tastes great, and lasts a long time. I have this in Maple. It gives you a nice sheer tint of colour as well. Love it.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

6 months ago

I'm a sucker for a good lip treatment, so this went into my Sephora cart (despite the $23 price tag, UGH), and I could only stand to use it twice before I tossed it out -- it's basically super-thick, sweet-tasting goo that doesn't hydrate my lips or last. The packaging is atrocious as well: the metal tube is really hard to squeeze and the review pics on Sephora.com show it actually bursting open from the bottom, yuck. I applied this lip treatment at night, and in the morning, there was no noticeable improvement in their texture -- still dry and peely. No way would I spend money on this product again -- if you're trying to get away from petroleum based lip products, I can recommend Weleda Skin Food Lip Butter, it's lovely and actually hydrates and soothes dry lips. Zero stars.

About reviewer (349 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

8 months ago

I bought Bite Lip Mask at Sephora in Naples, FL. The Maple one was fine. The Candy Cane burned my lips to the point of them being swollen for days. Cracked and blistered around the edge of lips. It is hot and sunny here so I figured I had burned them, but this reaction is more severe than a bit too much sun.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 months ago

After switching between Vaseline and this product I have to say - I really enjoy this. I only use “lip masks” at night and on nights I used the Vaseline, I noticed the in the morning most of that product would be worn off and I would feel like I had to apply another balm before my makeup. The Vaseline basically acted like a barrier to keep moisture in, but I didn’t feel like it nourished my lips or improved them long term. On the other hand, when I used the Agave lip mask I still felt product on my lips the next morning and didn’t have the urge to use another balm before makeup application. I could even forgo the mask some nights and be ok; whereas when I used the Vaseline I felt like I needed to apply it at night. This is also more luxurious experience compared to applying Vaseline. Between the taste and texture, I enjoyed the Agave lip mask more and look forward to putting it on before bed. I know some people mentioned this product is difficult to manipulate from the tube (cold weather struggles!!), but living in Florida the product always comes out easily for me. Now for price - is it expensive? Yes, but with how little you need I can see this lasting anywhere from 6 months to a year (depending on how frequently you use this). I only use this at night and could totally see this lasting a year. And because it is more expensive I know I will actually take care of it rather than rotating through cheaper, drugstore lip balms I keep losing (possibly costing me more over the course of a year than this). All in all, I would recommend for people who are into skin care and more interested in the experience/ritual of a product like this!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

I actually love this stuff. Other than their balm this is one of the few lip products I have ever used that actually leaves my lips in better condition than when I put it on. Most balms or treatments feel great when you have them on but as soon as they wear off my lips feel parched but not this. I've read some people have a reaction to something in the formula , I have a similar problem with many lippies that have sunscreen, so ymmv as always. Color wise the only one that shows up well on my medium skin is the red shade but I often use them over a liner, lipstick or one of their multisticks during the day so it's not an issue for me. The maple is my favorite, mostly because it tastes and smells the best. I also use this before bed and my lips always feel great in the morning. Pretty pricey for a lip treatment but a little goes a long way . I got one of the mini size 3 pack sets on the website for $18 and they last a while. Its been almost a month and I've hardly put a dent in them with daily use.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

3.0

a year ago

This product isn’t a train wreck (didn’t break me out or make my lips look horrible), and it is, quite literally, ONLY a mask. It definitely does not work like a scrub, nor does it actually leave my lips feeling noticeably softer. Rather, it acts more like a barrier, particularly with harsh windy weather, with a sweet taste that won’t make you wince or gag. Personally, I’d rather a barrier that I need to reapply often if I can feel my lips starting to soften, but this is definitely not a product you will need to reapply every fifteen minutes. Still, I can find products for a fraction of this price that last me longer and make my lips look better after consistent use than this product.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

Very thick and hard to apply. Worst part is that I noticed my lips were swelling up after maybe the third use... I guess I might be one of those people allergic to lanolin... switched back to my Vaseline lip therapy and everything is back to normal now, fortunately.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age36-43