Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask

Not tested on animals

LANOLIN* (MEDICAL GRADE), ORGANIC CASTOR SEED OIL**, ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER**, GLYCERYL ROSINATE*, ORGANIC BLUE AGAVE NECTAR**, OLIVE OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES*, ORGANIC BEESWAX**, FLAVOR, VANILLIN, MONK FRUIT*, VANILLA FRUIT EXTRACT*, ORGANIC CARANUBA WAX*, TRANS-RESVERATROL*, GRAPE OIL*, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE*, LONICERA CAPRIFOLIUM (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT (AND) LONICERA JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT (AND) JOJOBA SEED OIL* /// * NATURAL ** CERTIFIED ORGANIC /// 99% NATURAL

on 9/24/2018 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a heavy lanolin based lip balm. Lanolin is an old school ingredient and I'm surprised to see it in a lip product because a lot of people are allergic to it. I remember using it as an ointment when I was a nursing mom,

I have mine in maple, a sheer bronze color that applies clear to me. The thick texture is what helps this balm to wear long and its perfect for wearing overnight. I use the e.l.f. Lip exfoliator and then apply this.

The only thing I don’t care for is that it has a sweet taste. I normally hate flavored balms but I can deal with it in this case, lol.

on 9/11/2018 4:04:00 PM

I like this, I do but it just doesn't justify the price. I use this at night. My lips feel nice and moisturized in the morning. However, so many other products do the same thing for a better price. I do like the clean ingredients, that helps justify the price some. It does everything a good lip balm/mask should do.

Pros:
Moistiruzing
Convenient packaging
Pleasant smell
Good ingredients

Cons:
Price

I probably won't purchase again. But it's nice. If the price for a lip balm doesn't bother you then you'll enjoy this,

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Had seen YouTube videos on this and finally caved in and purchased a tube for myself. Loving the organic ingredients in here!
I don't use this during the day as I find it makes my lips sticky and the color transfers onto everything that comes into contact with my lips, so I just use on a night right before bed. Firstly I use the Agave sugar lip scrub to ensure any flaky skin is out of the way, blot my lips dry with tissue and apply a thin layer of this. It is quite slick so I don't use much - meaning it is going to last a while. Smells delicious, taste yummy and results are all good with this one. I notice a slight pinkish tinge to my lips when I wake up and they do stay supple for most the day, however I find I eventually have to use a light lip balm by early evening to top up the effect.

Started with the 'Maple' shade (assuming I was going to be using only during the day), but my pillowcase and duvet cover weren't happy! So I switched to 'Natural' which goes on clear and doesn't end up staining anything.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/11/2018 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ohhhhhhh no no no no NO honey.

I don't know what's in this lip mask that I'm allergic to but it made my lips swell to the thickness of a dime (each lip). It was horrendous. My lips hurt to touch but eventually the swelling went down in about roughly 3 hours - it was a good thing I applied it at night and no one had to see me.

I'd be careful about this one.

This is the product I've been looking for. It really moisturizes my lips and stays on for a long time. I rarely have to reapply. It is expensive but will last a long time. I've had my tube for a 1-2 months so don't know yet how the packaging will hold up.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I got a free sample of this along with an agave scrub as a Sephora Insider birthday gift. The scent to this is very natural and has a sweet honey, almost floral/plant smell. The texture is very rich and melts into your lips as you rub it in. It's a thicker treatment and is slightly sticky. I used some of this overnight and while I did wake up with softened lips, this was nothing extraordinary. I can get the same and even a better effect with a Nivea or Blistex balm. Although it wasn't a bad product, I wouldn't purchase the full size of this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oof -- overpriced and it makes my lips shed without moisturizing them. At first it feels like it might be moisturizing, but it doesn't last very long and I notice my lips end up drier than with other lip balms. It's also not great under lipstick.

on 3/15/2018 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have darker colored lips, due to my skin coloring. When they are dry and chapped they get purple and it's just not...nice
I bought this for $30 (!!!) at Sephora and yes okay, it works. I hate that it works because it's so expensive. It really isn't for daytime use so do not buy it for that. At night, it's great! I wake up to hydrated, smooth and pink lips.
The packaging sucks. The cap is so freaking tiny, nothing will fit that little squeeze tube if you lose it. It's so fiddly and irritating to screw on...come on Bite, you can do better.
Price and bad packaging aside I have bought this twice. The second time because I lost the cap on the first one and my friend's cat ate it one afternoon.

This is my holy grail lip mask. Love the original for overnight use. Wear smashed during the day to keep lips moisturized. The product is thick without being sticky and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Purchased in fall 2016. I don't have a big lip product collection and used and reapplied this in Smashed very regularly as an everyday lip color and nighttime balm. The tube cracked so I emptied the contents into an eye cream container. There is still a lot left! In terms of price you are getting great value. I usually finish a normal 4g tube of lip balm in 2 months. It is long lasting and doesn't need to be reapplied as often as regular lip glosses.