Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating Clarifying Shampoo

No Image

3.2

Not tested on animals

on 6/29/2017 11:56:00 AM

I liked this at first but with continued use it made my hair tangle and dry. It's a clarifying shampoo so I guess that you are supposed to only use it occasionally. For that purpose it works. It has a pleasant natural citrus smell (orange?)
As for me, I have color treated hair that is slightly damaged. I generally don't need a clarifying shampoo.

It's cruelty-free and sulfate free but the price is still a bit steep. I am trying several of this type of shampoo if you're interested check my reviews. The packaging is OK, I don't feel either good/bad about it.

on 3/1/2017 7:31:00 PM

As with any clarifying shampoo, it's taking away all product residue. This is why you get a squeaky clean feeling. A second wash, with a moisturizing poo, and then a conditioner alleviates this issue.

on 11/19/2016 8:15:00 AM

Formula claims to be gentle, without sulfates and stuff but I find it an overkill for my normal - dry hair. My hair felt tangled and brittle from rinse to dry, especially If I don't apply conditioner.

Perhaps they replace sulfates with other harsh chemicals?

The packaging is also quite inconvenient to pour and the shape is like...? 😅

Will not repurchase, don't even want to commit to finishing the bottle.

on 8/2/2016 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I liked this shampoo until I discovered that this, and other Giovanni shampoos, caused a lot of hair to be shed during washing. I think this is an individual thing, and I'm sure others would benefit from using it. I like that the ingredients are natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE IT!!!

Zero sulfates, and it's gentle on my hair and scalp.
Smells a little citrusy/astringent but that fades quickly.

I have use 50-50 when I had waist length hair with twice yearly in salon keratin treatments, paired with any conditioner or its matching conditioner and everytime my hair came out clean, soft and silky.

Now I have super short hair, colored (single process) but no keratin, and it's still my favorite shampoo.

I buy it in bulk in the huge pump bottle, I find the regular sized bottles to be a waste of money.

on 5/19/2015 1:30:00 PM

I don't know why this shampoo didn't get a better rating. I love the light citrus smell, it can be a bit drying if overused, but nothing a good conditioner can't help. I buy big bottles of this at winner or marshalls, 14.99 is pretty good to me. Going to try a Giovanni conditioner next.

on 11/3/2014 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I coloured my hair frequently. So it looked dry and frizzy. Was looking around for a natural shampoo since I don't want to further add on more chemical onto the hair. Came across this shampoo on sale and decide to give it a shot. All ingredients are natural and it's sulphate free! But it's disappointing. The result is not hydrating at all. My wet squeezed dried hair feel like a bunch of hay. Not the soft silky touch at all. Definitely have to use conditioner. Certainly will not buy it again.

on 5/1/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo. No, it's not the best one out there, but it's safe, natural, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin/ body. Fragrance is something I have to be very careful about and Giovanni products know how to keep it natural and to a minimum. I've never had a problem. I wash my hair every 2-3 days and focus on the roots and my scalp. Because my hair is fine and curly it tends to dry out, break, get split ends very easily. This shampoo hasn't given me any problems. I use it with their 50:50 conditioner and follow with their Smooth as Silk Xtreme conditioner. My hair is soft, manageable, and I have no allergic reactions or irritation.

on 4/26/2014 10:51:00 PM

This product works well for my hair. It cleans it without damaging it. I pair it with Giovanni's avocado/jojoba oil deep moisture conditioner. I wish it were a little less expensive, just because you don't really get much product for the amount you pay.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have kinky 3c/4a hair. And I bought the HUGE bottle of this shampoo yesterday. I needed a wash so I deep conditioned with Shea Moisture, then used this to wash it off. No matter how much conditioner I used after, my hair still felt brittle and dry from the shampoo and I was so scared to even attempt to blow dry it, so my twist-out could be elongated. Even a leave in couldn't make it feel better. I love the smell, and the easy pump bottle but someone else in my house is gonna have to use this because I'm not.