Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

Sent RT a message asking why one of my sponges was smaller than the other and as to why one DOES NOT APPLY foundation as smooth and even as the other. (I purchased 2 singles on the same day from HEB grocery store). Was advised that they are hand crafted and that the material has not been changed blah blah blah. I replied that I was glad to hear the material had not been changed (which I think is a lie) and the fact that they are hand crafted would explain why they are different in size BUT what is the reason why one does NOT perform in the same manner as the other. Below is their response.
Hi Celina,

We're sorry for the confusion, and hope the following explanation will help. We have not changed the "recipe" for our Miracle Complexion Sponges, but similar to a cookie recipe, each individual sponge will not be identical each time. In addition, all our sponges are handcut, which accounts for the variations in size and shape.

All our best

Molly

THATS SOME BULLSHIT. Unless they were skirting around the question as to why there is a difference in performance, the response implies that the sponges are a hit or miss and that there is no quality control/standard for their product. I can understand that sometimes a bad batch can be produced with any product, but that is not what they were saying. It's either you bought a good sponge or you bought a bad one. I've been seeing a lot more youtube comments on people having this problem so I do think these are not made as well as they use to be.

Tried this before trying the black beauty blender. I'm far from a makeup guru, but I did not notice a difference between both applicators. The price is definitely affordable! Highly recommend!

I absolutely love these sponges! I actually bought a two pack of these before I bought the legit beauty blender. I fell in love with the real techniques sponges, they are such awesome quality and last a very long time if you take great care of them! (These are better than the beauty blender) I don't think I'll ever buy another beauty blender in my life after discovering these!! 😊

on 3/26/2017 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Life changing!!!! Finally bought a 2 pack after reading all the rave reviews about this and the BB. No way was I going to spend the $ for a BB so bought these. Can't compare it to any other sponge besides the old school round and triangle ones I used in high school. I waited so long to try it because I didn't remember the old sponges doing much of anything besides soaking up all my liquid foundation! SO glad I purchased!!! Easy to use, easy to clean, and my makeup looks great! I prefer to slightly dampen it before applying my foundation and concealer because I feel it looks more natural and helps keep the sponge from sucking up as much liquid.

on 3/26/2017 10:14:00 AM

I`ve just recently starting using this sponge. I`ve always been curious about the Beauty Blender, but it`s not available in Japan, and whenever I see it online, I balk at spending so much. I mean, I had a similar sponge from Cathy Doll, the Ice-cream Cone, which did an awesome job at a quarter of the price, so I was like, why break the bank? Last month my Ice-cream Cone finally breathed its last, and I`ve decided to try the RT sponge, mainly as a previous reviewer said, since it comes in a double pack. The RT performs really well, even better than the Ice-cream Cone: it`s much softer, and blends really well when wet. I will stick with this in the future, not bothering with the Beauty Blender, because frankly, I am not a model or anything, and the RT does the job perfectly for my expectations.

I bought my sponges (there were 2 inside the package) a while and it was the best decision I've made!! My make up looks so much better because the layers blend evenly. Powders, rouge and highlighter stay longer on my face and they don't fade away ugly. Love it!! It's sooo soft

on 3/22/2017 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

It took me years before I got this sponge. Prior it, I was using the Beauty Blender religiously; other makeup sponges were stiff or didn't absorb water well, and the makeup application was a torture with them.

I would have never bought this sponge if it wasn't in a set. And thank god it came in it! Since getting it I haven't given the BB another glance.

This sponge is soft so you can use it either damp or dry. The makeup application is fast and effortless, due to the straight bottom cut.
The shape of the sponge , though not perfect upon looking it , is perfect.

When put in water, the sponge instantly absorbs it making the whole wetting process a breeze.

I assume the sponge is not so practical for any other application than putting and buffing the foundation (in combo with a good foundation - UD naked skin or Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk), my pores Vanish and my skin looks super soft and immaculate.

Also, I'd like to add that the sponge doesn't transfer water per se; it doesn't interfere with the foundation, ie. it doesn't change it's consistency or sheers it out.

I love this sponge, and from the price point, I will never return to the Beauty blender.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For those of you curious about the Beauty Blender but not sure about the $20 price tag, this is probably the most reliable and well-loved dupe on the market. A lot of people swear by this even over the BB, and as much as I love them both, I can see why.

This sponge is SUPER soft when dampened and puffs up to a bigger size than the BB, which is an asset when you're applying foundation and time is of the essence. It is pretty much indistinguishable from the BB otherwise.

It's definitely my favorite beauty tool of the moment and, as much as I've enjoyed the BB, this is just a no-brainer as a much more cost-effective replacement.

on 3/19/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This sponge is awesome for applying makeup. It makes makeup look so much more natural and even compared to using a brush or your hands. It can be used wet or dry depending on what product you're using it with. I have not used the beauty blender so I really cannot compare the two, but I will say I am not tempted to ever buy a beauty blender after using this. I love that it's so cheap and I don't feel guilty about throwing it away after awhile. I can just buy another one for $5. With that said, it actually does last a while and it's not difficult to wash. I just use my normal face cleanser to wash it and it works out fine.

on 3/4/2017 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Been through 3 of these, HG, will probably never use another beauty sponge that can replace this one. Much better than the original Beauty Blender, better than the kit ones, better than the Chi Chi ones. It's the perfect density for blending foundation and concealer. I love the fact that is has a flat side too, I find it easier to get under my eyes with the flat side than with the traditional point that the others come to.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools