Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Comparable to the beauty blender,it’s soft only difference to ME is the shape ..Love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I’m a firm believer in the adage “you get what you pay for”, but there are also numerous exceptions. This is one of them. As the owner of multiple beauty blenders and one of these babies, I’m surprised to say that this, hands down, is the winner. I find the beauty blenders to be too soft and squishy, and even though they perform well, their simple teardrop shape isn’t optimum for the entire face, and their porosity allows for absorption of the product, meaning that more of your expensive product is wasted by being soaked into the sponge than applied onto your face. This, however, has a firmer and denser texture and a flat bottom that allows even coverage for the entire face, without soaking in as much product as the beauty blender does. I’ve noticed that my beauty blenders are starting to fall apart from all the washing, but this little guy is staying strong. I’ve received $4 off brand sponges that perform better than the beauty blender, but that’s another review for another day. I’m here today for the Real Techniques sponge, and I can’t recommend it enough. Cheaper and more accessible than the beauty blender (who has the time or budget to go to Sephora or Ulta on a regular basis? I mean come on; these guys are readily available at Walmart), applies foundation like a dream, and won’t fall apart after a few months of washing. As someone who is admittedly a bit of a snob with her makeup products, I rolled my eyes at the hype, thinking that it’s the pricebo effect taking over (what I like to call the overwhelming hype surrounding a cheap product that is average at best). But this, like every Wet n Wild lipstick I’ve tried, has exceeded my expectations. I urge my fellow bougies to swallow their pride and give this sponge a chance. You’ll never go back to your beauty blender, and that’s a promise. -Ny

on 2/15/2018 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! Once dampened it gets big and bouncy and gives foundation/concealer a nice finish! I also love that it is not as expensive as the official beauty blender but I think it is a good dupe. This sponge is approx $7.50 (Canadian) great value!

on 2/15/2018 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a good sponge. I use it for concealer and liquid foundation, and it applies them evenly. It has a good, soft texture when I dampen it... However, it doesn't last very long. I use mine every day, and wash it once every day, and it has rips several places along the side and flat part, which, I feel, don't experience much stretching or rubbing - it's just the material that is falling apart. I have only had mine for 2 months, and it might survive another month before I need to toss it. I expect to use about 4-5 of these per year, which isn't that bad price-wise, but I've had cheaper sponges hold up better before. It's not a bad sponge, but you should be OK with having to replace this a few times a year if you're using it like I do. I think I'm going to try a different sponge next time I buy one though

on 2/15/2018 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I prefer this over the beauty blender, I feel it performs just as well at almost a quarter of the price and the shape helps you get easier into small areas of the face like around the nose and under the eyes. The bottom also helps to sharpen up eyeshadow or correct mistakes very easily. I will keep repurchasing over and over again

on 1/25/2018 6:04:00 PM

I bought this once back when it first came out and again recently. When I first bought it, I wasn't as into or experienced with makeup as I am now... so that could be why I didn't like it. However, I am still not in love with it now. (I have heard that people believe the materials in the sponge have changed over time... so that could be why I don't love it now) It's not a terrible sponge by any means... but I just prefer too many other sponges over this one. (Beauty Blender, EcoTools, Flower Beauty) If you're looking for a good makeup sponge that is inexpensive, I recommend the EcoTools one. It's amazing.

I LOVE THIS SPONGE!!!!! I also own the beautyblender and i choose this sponge over the bb for many reasons: 1. It‘s waaaay cheaper 2. I feel like it works the product into my skin faster and better 3. The shape is very convenient Overall I would absolutely recommend this sponge to everybody and I could‘ve never imagined that there is a sponge better than the beautyblender but oh well, there is!

I would discourage getting this because it's kind of a crap-shoot if you'll get a good one--some are super hard and absorb a lot of product and some are soft and more beauty-blender like. I bought a two-pack which was the only way I was able to figure this out without thinking I was going crazy. The first one I used was the hard one. Even with water, it absorbed a ton of product and was quite hard. As such, foundation application was streaky and frustrating. It was also incredibly difficult to wash the sponge--I used a TON of my solid brush cleanser and still couldn't get it totally clean. Incidentally, I opened the other one to carry with my travel makeup bag and realized it was MUCH softer, similar to the BB. Makeup application with this one was a lot better and it was easier to wash. HOWEVER, tears formed when I washed it for the first time, which was shocking to me because I have literally washed/reused a BB for about a year before tears started forming. I am still on the hunt for a d/s BB dupe but this ain't it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me first say that I've never used a Beautyblender, so I won't be making that comparison.

I recently started wearing foundation again after several years (Revlon ColorStay for combo/oily). In the past, I've applied with sponge wedges or my fingers, but, this time around, I found myself frustrated with lack of coverage. On a whim, I grabbed a Miracle Complexion Sponge to try out. This is by far the easiest, neatest, and least wasteful way I've ever applied my foundation; not to mention, it gives the best looking results I've experienced, with no stroke marks or unevenness. I like that I use less foundation because the sponge soaks it up, then re-deposits it as I dab/blend. The coverage it creates is is very buildable; neither too sheer, nor heavy and masklike. I have long nails, so not getting foundation under them is a huge plus. Using it dry is fine, but using it damp is amazing; it requires a little more care in blending, but the finish is so natural looking.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this sponge every day for the past year and it has become a staple in my makeup routine. I was trying to find different doups for the beauty blender and tried different drug store makeup sponges but none of them worked for me but when I got this one it has been my favorite ever since. The sponge is very squishy and has a nice bounce to it that helps apply the foundation really well. This is a very nice doup for the beauty blender. I will be purchasing this again.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools