Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

I have bought and used several of these sponges, and I think they're worth every penny. It isn't an exact dupe of the Beauty Blender, but I like this sponge a lot more. First of all, it is a lot cheaper, but I find that the performance of the RT sponge is better too. The Beauty Blender works best when it is totally wet, but the RT sponge is a little more versatile because it can be used just as well dry, slightly damp, or wet. I like the flat side as well, since it allows for better layering of liquid foundation on the cheeks (where I have more redness.) I will continue to buy these sponges as my old ones get ratty and worn out because it is a total HG.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great alternative to a Beauty Blender! I like it almost as much. If you don't want to spend as much as the BB, definitely pick up one of these!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I must say that this sponge is really nice and soft BUT, I do think this sponge soaks up foundation. I also notice that it blends foundation a little patchy, it picks up foundation rather than spreads it around as you bounce it on your face. It also sheers out the foundation a little more than some of the other sponges I've used in the past. But then again, each to their own but this is just my opinion :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

In love with this sponge! A must have on my makeup table!

on 6/17/2017 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I've never owned the original Beauty Blender so I don't know how this compares but I have before tried cheaper sponges from ELF and Superdrug and this one is far more superior - it's much softer and the flat side is brilliant. It really works! True, you end up using up more foundation than when using your fingers but the end result is so much better: more even and more natural. I'm not convinced about using it dry with powders though - for me it works best dump with liquid foundation. I've only had it for about a month and even though I wash it after each use it seems to be holding well but I'm curious how long it will last. I use the smaller, purple version to apply concealer and I'm equally impressed with how well it works.

on 6/16/2017 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first used a Beauty Blender a couple years ago after having to convince myself really hard to buy a $20 sponge. When I had to throw it out three months later because of mold, even though I had washed and aired it out like you're supposed to, I was done. But I missed being able to apply my concealer really well, and I'd been looking at the Real Techniques one for a while. I love this one even more! Half the price, I like the shape better, and the texture is better too. I love everything about this sponge. It applies foundation and concealer beautifully and doesn't eat up all the produce. Leaves a smooth sheer finish on my skin. I'll continue to repurchase this sponge! And it has already lasted longer than the BB did! No mold!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This makeup sponge is quite frankly, incredible! I used it today with my new Cover Girl Trublend foundation and I LOVE the coverage I get with this sponge! It's also great for blending in my under eye concealer. I also liked the price --- I got it on sale $2.99 today at Walgreens/ Duane Trade! A REALLY great sponge!!

on 6/16/2017 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Definitely the only dupe for the beauty blender that I have tested and can vouch for. And it is $4.88 at Wal Mart. It is amazing. I love how it applies my liquid foundation, concealer and powder. Will continue to repurchase.

on 6/14/2017 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have never purchased a Beauty Blender. $20 for a sponge seems ridiculous to me. Fortunately, I have enjoyed this sponge. It helps sheer out foundation because I don't want heavy coverage, I just want a more "finished" look. My favorite thing about this is I can carry it with me to refresh later on because my acne prone skin tends to feel dry whenever I wear a foundation. I just blot over my face with this sponge and my face feels and looks better.

Makes makeup application faster, blending easier, and gives me a flawless finish