Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.1

on 7/24/2016 8:46:00 AM

I love using sponges to apply make up. A long time ago Max Factor made the best make up sponge and I was devastated when the discontinued it. The beauty blender is amazing but it always bugged me that it's $20 for something I want to toss every couple of months. And the tip rips off after a while. I've tried many dupes that were disappointments but this sponge is great! Has the same texture, expands when wet, and, to me, applies make up exactly the same. For $6.....I'm sold!!!!

on 7/19/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great product and I like this line of sponges in general. It performs the exact same as the Beauty Blender but for way less money. Definitely give it a try. You can use it damp (I prefer it that way) and blend various foundations, BB cream, concealer, powder, whatever. It washes easily with gentle soap and you let it air dry (very important). It performs very well. Highly recommend.

To Read all 317 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Now as an Australian, there is no way i am going to spend $35 for a sponge (beauty blender from sephora), because thats just ridiculous.

Now i did own a beauty blender (just to clarify), but its been embarrassingly long time since i bought a new one and decided to give this one a shot.
I dont know what i expected. its a sponge. it works great. it does the job for more than half the price of the original beauty blender.
I also like the shape of it as it also has a flat side, making it easier/faster to blender out foundation on a bigger area.
I tend to use this nearly everyday as i find that using damp sponges in general, create a more natural and less-cakey appearance in comparison to using a brush. I also tend to use it when i red patches that ive colour corrected and i dont want the brush to sweep all my hard work away.

Honestly, its a sponge that does a pretty good job. The shape is convenient and easy to use. Only down side is probably the longevity and durance of this sponge as i find that after quite a while of repetitive use, the texture of the sponge doesnt feel as strong as it used to and its appearance starts to look a bit gruby, in comparison to my still-looking-brand-new beauty blender.
Nevertheless, its a great sponge if youre not willing to spend nearly $40 on the original beauty blender and i would highly recommend you to give it a try.

on 7/14/2016 5:01:00 AM

Really great alternative to the expensive Beauty Blender (granted, I've never actually used a BB but can't see it being much better than this to justify such a great price increase).

I use it dry to blend cream products like contour and highlighter, or I use it damp with a setting powder or foundation for sheer-buildable coverage. Instead of soaking it in water, I spritz it with setting spray so it is not so wet, this also helps apply the product better because of the adherance of the spray.

The pointed tip is prefect for applying under eye concealer, or spot correcting, and I sometimes use the flat base to apply cream contour.

Fairly easy to clean, I spray it with makeup brush cleaner let that sink in for a while and then rinse with anti-bac hand soap - seems to do the job.

It did start to break apart fairly quickly though on the flat base, I feel as though this section isn't quite as dense as the top - or maybe I wasn't being gentle enough with it.

Would buy again for sure.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have nothing bad to say about this sponge!!! I was very surprised by how great it is compared to most of its competition. Almost every single foundation I have looks better when applied with this. Even foundations I didn't like turned out to be wearable now because of this perfect applicator of a thing oh my goodness - I will marry this sponge if I can!!! It blends foundation and concealers like a dream come true.

Just a little tip for those who might need it though: when using this, it's best to dab the foundation/concealer/corrector product on the face FIRST then gently but firmly let the sponge bounce on your skin (yes BOUNCE - don't rub or wipe please! Be patient! You will thank me)

on 7/5/2016 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My first beauty blender, I just can't bring my self to spend much money on a little pink sponge. After trying this I might just have to though.This is an ok product. It doesn't really blend that well for me or maybe I'm not using it right. It loves my light concealer (Rimmel brand) just soaks it all up, so I have to still use my fingers for that. When wet you really can't squeeze out all the water out, not liking that either. No matter how much I try to clean it I can't wash off all the makeup and that really bothers me. My daughter squeezed it and it tore a bit. I didn't expect much but come on I was hoping it would last a few weeks at least . They just want you to buy a new one every week I guess.

on 7/5/2016 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

REPLACED MY BEAUTY BLENDER!!! Seriously!!! Absorbs WAY LESS product than my beautblender! Blends stuff out like a dream! Bought a two pack for less than the price of one beautyblender and it's definitely worth it! Please try it out! Most places you're able to return if you don't like it, but you probably will!!! I forgot to mention that it really helps to smooth things over the pores rather than push things into them!! Personally I seem to wet the sponge a bit differently than others... I know some just put it under the tap and hold it, but what I do is I squish it while water is running on top of it until it gets heavy and full of water, then I squeeze out all I can into the sink and then squeeze it again into a towel a couple times. I think this may help with how it works for me!

on 7/4/2016 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this so much!! Blends out foundation and concealer like a dream and I also love to use it to bake. Super bouncy and easy to clean (I use a mild cetaphil facial cleanser). I've cleaned it about 6-7 times and it looks brand new other than a few really tiny tears- you'll have to replace this every couple months but it is SO worth it for the price

on 6/30/2016 3:53:00 PM

I got my first actual Beauty Blender as a gift, and when it started getting old and crummy, I went to get a new one.. only to find out it was $20 (for a sponge!). So I did some research to find the best knockoff, and was lead to the Miracle Complexion Sponge. However, unlike the Beauty Blender, when you wet the sponge, it stays really hard and absorbs all of my foundation, leaving little to use for coverage. It's almost like tapping a piece of plastic against your face, and I'd have honestly been better off buying the $1.99 pack of the classic makeup wedges.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of mixers and sponges and thought I had it locked down, until I tried this one. I followed the instructions to a T and after a few applications, learned exactly how to use this with my mascara. If you use it correctly, you will be VERY happy you gave it a shot :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

the sponge
Mia2
Mia2

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (F.I.F) | First Impression by Chloe Luckin

Real Techniques: What's happened to the quality? by Natalee Patel

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge by LaurasViews