Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite makeup sponge.
It is soft and squishy, I do not feel like I am beating my face when I am applying my makeup which was the case with some of the others. The price is really great!
I never liked the beauty blender at all and I have tried many others like it.
They just never won me over but I absolutely love this sponge.
I still normally use a makeup brush to apply my foundation but when I need a sponge this is my one and only.
I love the shape of it and that it has a flat side.
The quality is nice but I have heard that sometimes you get a dud although that has not happened to myself as of yet.

on 9/22/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

-Great size and shape
-Be mindful of stamping a line onto your face
-Very squishy
-Comparable to the beauty blender in feel and how it works
-Rips a ton, but it still usable for a while

Chances are, if you are a fan of the Original Beauty Blender like I am you will be happy with this much cheaper option. While the shape is different, the texture is pretty gosh darn close. After you wet the sponge it expands well and it is so soft and bouncy on your skin.

However, this is not a "dupe" for the beauty blender due to the shape. I use the flat side for foundation application and I find that the beauty blender gives a bit more "bounce" therefore it is easier to adjust the tension and coverage of how you app,y your foundation.

Also this sponge tears so easy. And no I don't have long nails or handle it roughly. I gues it is just how it is with these beauty sponges. If you clean them thoroughly right away after each use it just tears. Which is why I cannot justify spending so much on a single sponge if I know I'm going to replace one soon.

Overall will definitely repurchase and will recommend to anyone!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Good alternative to the $20 Sephora sponge, as this one is only about $5 at your local drugstore or target And gets the job done

on 9/22/2017 1:09:00 AM

Wow! I hope these never get discontinued. They blend perfectly and have the perfect soft bounce. So versatile and can get in the small inner corners of your eyes. Plus they last a hefty amount of time. Beauty blender who?

on 8/16/2017 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I tend to be bougee about some things, beauty blender vs. other sponges being one of those things. I was so freaking tired of spending $20 on a beauty blender every couple of months, though, so I bought this at Ulta during a recent trip. This was my first time trying it.

I hate to be the odd one out, but I don't like this at all. The application was just not good. It soaked up a ton of water, and it just wasn't as bouncy as the beauty blender. Pressing it onto my face felt "hard," if that makes sense. There wasn't any give. It just feels like a sponge, not a makeup blending sponge. It didn't blend my makeup well at all. I could see clear lines of demarkation that normally disappear in seconds with my beauty blender. It's almost more difficult to use than a beauty blender. Beauty blender = effortless, this = ... effort..... full..... and I hated the way it felt on my face and I hated the end result.

Two stars for the price ($11 for the two-pack is a great deal) and usability in a pinch.

I'm returning this. I'll just go to Taco Bell a couple less times a month or so I can afford the beauty blender. It's just so good.

on 7/9/2017 7:39:00 AM

This blender is okay, but what makes it different from knock offs at TJ Maxx or drugstores? I bought these in two packs over the past few months and I must say that these fall apart quickly compared to other beauty blender knock offs. I'm definitely saving my $10 on the two pack and buying drugstore again.

on 6/30/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Why buy the beauty blender when you have this? The beauty blender is such an amazing tool but the price is like... SHIT. anyways, it's very hard to find a dupe for the beauty blender that is decent and good. This is a fraction of the cost of the beauty blender and it is exactly the same. It expands as much as the beauty blender in water and it even bounces as much as it. It feels just as soft. and everything. I can't live without it.

on 8/9/2017 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is so gross but my sponge had unfortunately sprung several mouldy spots. I got it as a part of the Ultimate Base set, and mine comes with a sponge stand. I store the sponge on the stand as suggested by RT and I gotta to say, it's not the best way to store or let it air dry on. The mouldy spots only develop on the tip of the sponge that sit in the cup of the stand. The water in the dampened sponge gathers at the tip because of gravity pulling them down, and even though there's a hole cut out at the bottom of the cup, all four sides of the stand close off so there's no air ventilation for the moisture laden tip at all. The perfect environment for mould to develop. I'm not gonna fault them for this, I appreciate the effort, I like having a stand that sits right on my makeup desk, but this was a poorly thought out idea. Just a heads up for anyone still using the stand, it's honestly an even worse way to store it than just laying the sponge on your table in the open. I have other sponges I store in a metal mesh basket that I hang up on the wall, none of them have ever sprung mould no matter how long I leave them there because they have ample air flow going through them, so they dry very fast and evenly from all side, no stagnant water sitting in them = no mould. You can get the basket from the home decoration or stationary aisle.
Other than the abovementioned mishap, I LOVE this sponge. I used to be so sceptical, but this totally change my makeup routine, particularly my foundation and concealer application. I love the design, the cut, the shape, the material, all of it. I have dehydrated skin so the extra moisture this sponge gives me helps the products blend in much nicer with my skin and don't look dry and flaky. I especially like that I can swipe the sponge to spread the product on my face them dab dab to blend it out. It's totally okay to swipe it, I don't know why people think it's such a taboo. Sam created this sponge and she uses the swiping motion all the time, it works, it's faster, it doesn't push product into the sponge or anything. I'm gonna throw the mouldy sponge out and gladly purchase a new four pack.

I love the brushes but I think this is over priced for what it is, I can get a similar sponge for £1 and it works just as well, they wash but for hygiene reasons I chuck sponges and re buy quite often so at the price of this I wouldn't want to do this, this sponge actually started to split a lot quicker than cheaper versions I have as well

Popular Misc Beauty Tools