Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this sponge every day for the past year and it has become a staple in my makeup routine. I was trying to find different doups for the beauty blender and tried different drug store makeup sponges but none of them worked for me but when I got this one it has been my favorite ever since. The sponge is very squishy and has a nice bounce to it that helps apply the foundation really well. This is a very nice doup for the beauty blender. I will be purchasing this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me first say that I've never used a Beautyblender, so I won't be making that comparison.

I recently started wearing foundation again after several years (Revlon ColorStay for combo/oily). In the past, I've applied with sponge wedges or my fingers, but, this time around, I found myself frustrated with lack of coverage. On a whim, I grabbed a Miracle Complexion Sponge to try out. This is by far the easiest, neatest, and least wasteful way I've ever applied my foundation; not to mention, it gives the best looking results I've experienced, with no stroke marks or unevenness. I like that I use less foundation because the sponge soaks it up, then re-deposits it as I dab/blend. The coverage it creates is is very buildable; neither too sheer, nor heavy and masklike. I have long nails, so not getting foundation under them is a huge plus. I've been using it dry, the concave part and the tip; the packaging had a link to a video on how to use the Miracle Complexion Sponge, so I should probably check that out at some point.

on 11/4/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First I have used the beauty blender for a few years, and love the texture and feel of that sponge, just hated the price. So in a search for a more reasonable priced dupe, I decided to purchase this miracle complexion sponge from Real Techniques. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but after a month of use I think I found a great dupe. Texture wise when dry feels firmer than the beauty blender, but when wet it is very similar to the bb. It does expand when wet, just a tad larger than the bb. I love the flat side to quickly "swipe" on foundation and use the curved sides for blending. Blends very well. Bounce is very similar to the bb. I feel I can apply my foundation a tad bit quicker with this Miracle sponge due to the flat side. Longevity, it starts to tear at about 1 month. If you have longer nails be careful as you can easily gouge out the sponge. I find it didn't stain as much as the bb. In my experience my bb began tearing about 2 months into use, and some of my foundations really stained it no matter what I used to cleanse the sponge. I highly recommend this sponge now, more than the bb.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i think this sponge is the most reasonable one from the price point
if i have to compare it with beautyblender, my love for both sponge are all the same

BUT

if you want to save some money, i think it's better for you to just use this one
what irks me is just the stain of my own makeup product on the sponge
even tho i already wash it, it will still exist

if only there's the black one

on 10/27/2017 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Love this sponge!!!! Its so soft and its not expensive. Here in the EU its €7! I definitely would buy this again.

on 10/27/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love it! I always use it wet. Applies foundation wonderfully, blends cream contour/highlight nicely. I love using it to bake my undereye. Washing it is a bit tricky as the product penetrates the sponge, but once you get the gist of it, it's not a problem. It takes approximately 24 hours to completely dry. Wish it came with a stand so I can dry it and store it properly.

on 9/22/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

-Great size and shape
-Be mindful of stamping a line onto your face
-Very squishy
-Comparable to the beauty blender in feel and how it works
-Rips a ton, but it still usable for a while

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite makeup sponge.
It is soft and squishy, I do not feel like I am beating my face when I am applying my makeup which was the case with some of the others. The price is really great!
I never liked the beauty blender at all and I have tried many others like it.
They just never won me over but I absolutely love this sponge.
I still normally use a makeup brush to apply my foundation but when I need a sponge this is my one and only.
I love the shape of it and that it has a flat side.
The quality is nice but I have heard that sometimes you get a dud although that has not happened to myself as of yet.

on 9/22/2017 1:09:00 AM

Wow! I hope these never get discontinued. They blend perfectly and have the perfect soft bounce. So versatile and can get in the small inner corners of your eyes. Plus they last a hefty amount of time. Beauty blender who?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use to only use my fingers to apply makeup, but when I turned 40 my makeup using fingers did not sit right. I then tried brushes and still did not work. I refused to spend $20 on a beauty blender. I tried $3 sponges from TJ Maxx and other discount retailers. They worked but they soaked up product so much. My foundation was going too quickly and Estee Lauder is too expensive. I saw this sponge on YouTube and liked the shape. I also love Sam Chapman videos as well. For less than $10 at Wal-Mart, I got two sponges. Oh my goodness, this sponge is amazing!

1. Hardly sucks up any foundation. This is huge plus!
2. At first the texture in my hand was weird, but it applied my foundation flawlessly and my pores actually look smaller. How is that possible?
3. Is it so soft on the skin that it feels like a gentle pillow. I threw out my other cheap sponges.
4. The flat surface makes applying foundation so much easier than the circular ball. Beauty blender girls try this sponge just for the flatter side.
5. Flat surface makes sure that you get concealer all way under the eye. Amazing!

And the price! You cannot beat it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools