Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

on 6/22/2018 11:27:00 AM

I've been trying to find dopes of the original beauty blender (because the original is too ex) but they always end up failing, until i tried the real techniques miracle complexion sponge and... I WAS SOLD. This sponge to me, is honestly way better than the original beauty blender as it is less coarse and gives a more dewy even look.

on 5/4/2018 7:53:00 AM

This a sponge I buy in bulk off of Amazon because of how much I enjoy using it and I know I will continue to enjoy using it. I honestly have never tried a beauty blender because I couldn’t justify the price tag for it. I had tried other brands, but I was never wow’d enough to ever repurchase them. I didn’t get the hype behind blending sponges until I used this one to apply and it was legit!

One day it would be cool to try out a beauty blender to see how it compares, but until then why fix what isn’t broke?!

even though I love the real techniques brushes, I hate this sponge with a burning passion. It didn't allow me to blend my concealer at all and only smudged it around my face. Had to throw it away immediately.

The reason for my 5 lippie rating isn't so much for the quality of the sponge (mine is the not the porous duds that are in the pics for this sponge here on MUA), which is good imo but on how I use it.
I use this dampened to apply my blush and bronzer because I have some minor skin texture issues and using brushes to apply my blush and bronzer just kicks up all my flaky skin and emphasizes texture on my skin I never knew I had.
I had been trying to use the PF Butter Bronzer which never showed up on my very fair skin for some reason but when I did apply it with a brush, I found my skin looked splotchy with an emphasis on texture and dryness so out of desperation I used my RT sponge to apply my bronzer and blush.
No issues with skin texture now since using this to apply blush and bronzer and the PF bronzer finally shows up on my skin!
I've had no issues using this to apply my foundation either. I love the super squishiness of this sponge. The only con I would say is that I find it a little too large to use on the under eye area without risking removing eyeshadow.

on 4/14/2018 7:09:00 AM

Bought like a million of these! They perform the same as the Beauty Blender in my opinion.

on 4/11/2018 12:09:00 PM

Better then the beautyblender that one is just air. This sponge is soft with a little of a "harder" core. It is not like it´s hard it just response better when you bounce it against your skinn. It does what is soppose to do, blend out makeup.

on 4/9/2018 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: UGH!! I repurchased another one after the sponge I bought 1 month ago was so different/rough/absorbed product and the new sponge I bought is totally different in feel/texture and softness than the same exact one last month!!! Like, night and day. I couldnt believe it. Just be aware when buying these, they seem to have quality issues. If every RT sponge I bought was like the one I bought yesterday, these would be HG. But they seem to have bad batches.
-------------------
Well, I deleted my original 5 lippie review and am updating this. My first review was from 1.2017 and I loved these sponges. I've bought a new one every 2 months -- they last longer, but I like to keep it at that length of time; I have sensitive skin and I want to make sure I'm not holding on to any old bacteria or anything that can live in these little suckers. I wash mine after every use (so daily) and use a mix of water, clarifying shampoo, and a little bit of rubbing alcohol (only a little) and I find it cleans brushes/sponges well.

However, maybe it's just me - but I just purchased a new one of these - a single sponge (not one in a duo pack) and it has the RT imprinted on the sponge--- the texture is different. It's hard, foamy, and I find that it looks like it's breaking down/fuzzy and absorbs a ton of foundation compared to my last one. I hate it. I don't think it's applying my foundation well - and I've heard of folks having similar experiences when they've repurchased these. This is my first bad replacement, but it's enough for me to warrant possibly splurging on the original beauty blender (I heard they last MONTHS and some a year) and possibly the AOA Wonder Blender instead ($1)? I'm really disappointed with this new one and I don't want to take the chance of buying another and having $5 go down the drain.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Comparable to the beauty blender,it’s soft only difference to ME is the shape ..Love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I’m a firm believer in the adage “you get what you pay for”, but there are also numerous exceptions. This is one of them. As the owner of multiple beauty blenders and one of these babies, I’m surprised to say that this, hands down, is the winner. I find the beauty blenders to be too soft and squishy, and even though they perform well, their simple teardrop shape isn’t optimum for the entire face, and their porosity allows for absorption of the product, meaning that more of your expensive product is wasted by being soaked into the sponge than applied onto your face. This, however, has a firmer and denser texture and a flat bottom that allows even coverage for the entire face, without soaking in as much product as the beauty blender does. I’ve noticed that my beauty blenders are starting to fall apart from all the washing, but this little guy is staying strong. I’ve received $4 off brand sponges that perform better than the beauty blender, but that’s another review for another day. I’m here today for the Real Techniques sponge, and I can’t recommend it enough. Cheaper and more accessible than the beauty blender (who has the time or budget to go to Sephora or Ulta on a regular basis? I mean come on; these guys are readily available at Walmart), applies foundation like a dream, and won’t fall apart after a few months of washing. As someone who is admittedly a bit of a snob with her makeup products, I rolled my eyes at the hype, thinking that it’s the pricebo effect taking over (what I like to call the overwhelming hype surrounding a cheap product that is average at best). But this, like every Wet n Wild lipstick I’ve tried, has exceeded my expectations. I urge my fellow bougies to swallow their pride and give this sponge a chance. You’ll never go back to your beauty blender, and that’s a promise. -Ny

on 2/15/2018 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! Once dampened it gets big and bouncy and gives foundation/concealer a nice finish! I also love that it is not as expensive as the official beauty blender but I think it is a good dupe. This sponge is approx $7.50 (Canadian) great value!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools