4.1

$5.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

4 months ago

I have used mine only 2 times and washed after each time. After 2 uses and washes, my sponge is already starting to break down around the edges of flat side abd have 4 cracks or tears. Was gentle with it and I dont have fingertails. It was a good price but I am not impressed by any means now.

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesHazel

6 months ago

The material of this sponge is a little stiffer than what I'm used to but within time, my sponge was able to soften up. I've never used the Beauty Blender sponge (a $25 sponge? really???) but I've also never been disappointed with drugstore alternatives to justify anything more expensive. When I'm not using my RMS foundation which I can apply with my hands, I use this sponge to apply liquid foundations. After 4 months of use, it's breaking apart a little, but still performs wonderfully. This sponge is fantastic -- I do think a damp sponge can really give you that MSBB look, but that's also dependent on the foundation you use in conjunction with the sponge. I used this with the Fenty foundation and ... no. Actually, in fact, I don't recommend using sponges for matte finishes. More dewy, satin finishes do really well with sponges.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

I like it better than the beautyblender, because it's way cheaper and lasts longer. It makes my concealer go on very smooth

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

i might have found my favourite beauty sponge. i love that its firm but not overly, very soft on the face and blends foundation and concealer amazingly well. takes away some product but not alot where it takes away a lot of the coverage, just enough that it isnt cakey and looks flawless. it really helps to give you a flawless but natural look. i love the colour although its a little bright lol. very easy to clean. i personally love the shape of it, it makes it very versatile. i like using the flat side for foundation, concealer and powder, the point is great for getting into hard to get spots. i got two of these for $9.99 so its really affordable. its fast and so easy to use, perfect if you have products that dry pretty quickly or goes on a little too thick. i use this with my l'oreal 24h fresh wear foundation and l'oreal full wear concealer. works really well if you have spots where foundation just rubs off with a brush, which my nose does because you dont rub it into the skin with a sponge, you bounce it.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

a year ago

I liked this product but I wouldn’t exactly call it a dupe for a BB. To me the BB is superior at making foundation look its best and pores look virtually invisible. As far as the RT goes, I think it does a great job of blending, making foundation look better than when using fingers or a traditional brush. I also really like the flat side for applying blush and the price is reasonable. I just feel like it lacks the wow factor that I get from using the BB so to me it’s totally worth spending the extra ten dollars on a superior product.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

Not impressed. It is very heavy and rough. It absorbs a lot of product and hard to clean. Makes my foundation look horrible. Not bouncy at all. If you want a sponge comparable to a beauty blender, try the new wet n wild makeup sponge. It is AMAZING. Bouncy and soft. And only $3.99. That's what I'm using now. Real techniques just was not for me.

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

a year ago

The sponge is really great for blending, but i feel it doesn't create airbrushed finish on my skin, may be its problem with my skin as i have really oily skin, it creates smile line just after an hour, and it blends my foundation with the texture of the sponge. My skin looks like a sponge! eww. Brush gives me more airbrushed finish and doesn't create smile lines before 4 to 5 hours. so not gonna waste money on any kinds of sponges ever.

SkinVery Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0

a year ago

I got the mini 4-pack version for concealer and cream blush, since I rarely wear foundation and didn't feel the need to buy the full size. If I could give these a 3.5 rating, I would. It's not an essential for me personally but I do like the concept of tiny blenders. I gave it a half star more for those people that , if they needed a small blender, I think this would be quite decent. To be honest, as a lazy person, I just got tired of the idea of washing these every 1-2 days (I have acne prone skin so I really have to watch it). This is my first time using any type of blender sponge so I have no basis to compare this to other brands. To me, these feel very soft and bouncy. I like the mini size and the angled tip for getting inside the corners of my undereyes. I also like having 4 small ones for different products vs one big sponge to reuse / clean. The only difficulty I have is cleaning. I tried washing them with my facial cleanser (Johnson's Head to Toe Baby) and my hands, and when that didn't work, some micellar water, but the concealer and cream blush wouldn't come out. Sudsing them up with water and face wash, then squeezing/ pressing them into an absorbant microfiber cloth and then rinsing finally worked (kind of, I ripped one of them in the process). I'm a little concerned about the time these tiny things take to dry since that can create a home for mold and bacteria. Drying time was 1-2 days (squeezing them dry in a microfiber cloth cuts this time down). I'll try the windowsill trick someone suggested here. The mini 4 pack was $8 at my local Target, but under $5 at target.com.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

a year ago

I’ve used the original Beauty Blender and opted for his cheaper dupe recently. I think the Beauty Blander is slightly better BUT not so much better that it justifies such a different price. I’m stick to the real techniques sponge which I really enjoy. The sponge is definitely a bit firmer but I think it absorbs less product than the BB.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

from

a year ago

I really love this sponge. It works great with my foundation and blends it very effortlessly into my skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18