The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up

2.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, p-Anisic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract.

Three words: This stuff sucks!

I found this product make my eyes area hot and it just not great. Instead of cleaning it burns my skin.

I thought I was the strange one, but seeing all the other reviews about how badly this stung, it's clearly a common problem. I have sensitive eyes and fairly high pain tolerance, so I bare with pretty much all make-up removers stinging a bit - but oh my god this one is terrible. Not only did it hurt, it was useless at removing make-up and because it's The Body Shop it's also not cheap. I got it for a few dollars out of a bargain bin and now I know why it was there in the first place. Still overpaid. Avoid at all cost.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It works alright. I don't really like the smell though. The camomile butter is a much better makeup remover.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

HG Eye makeup remover! It takes off EVERYTHING! Without tugging or pulling my eyelashes out (I overdose on mascara). My trick is to wet my face, take a cotton pad soak it with water, squeeze out the excess water and than apply the m/u remover on top (It saves so much product because you aren't drenching the cotton pad). Apply the pad on your eye for 3s and swipe. I assure you everything will come off!

For waterproof makeup I suggest using the waterproof version of camomile.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I thought I could replace my Lancome eye makeup remover with this but NO! I don't know what is so gentle about it as this one makes my eyes sting so bad. Also it does not remover mascara very well and it takes ages to get it all off. Complete fail!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

All i can say im glad i got the small bottle, i really did not like the smell, so b4 you buy it smell it cuz i coudnt really stand using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm used to Bioderma Sensibio H20 so this is nothing good compared to my HG (Sensibio). It stings my eyes and my sensitive skin and I found that I needed a lot to remove everything, so yes it's a huge bottle but it didn't lasted really long on me unfortunately. This is a miss for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this. It didn't irritate my eyes, removed my eye make-up effectively and it's fragrance free too. Which are really all the things I look for in an effective eye make-up remover really. It's reasonably priced at 8.00 for a 250ml bottle and it's from The Body Shop so it's a brand/shop you can trust. Will definitely repurchase in the future.

How can something that stings your eyes so bad be called gentle? On top of that, it just doesn't remove my eye makeup. I use a cotton pad to remove my eye make up, and then afterwards I still need to go with a cotton swab along my lower lash line to remove what was missed. Then after I was my face, I need to go again w/ a cotton swab to remove more eye make up, then after I complete my skin cleansing routine - I see there is still eye makeup on my lower lash line that didn't get removed. At that point I give up and call it a night. Definitely won't be purchasing this product again.