TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 36-43
TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

on 6/27/2016 7:59:00 PM

I really love theBalm eye shadows. I was excited for this palette because it's all matte shades. The packaging is super cute and I'm a sucker for packaging. The shadows themselves are all very neutral/earth tones. To me, the texture is very soft and smooth. The one white shadow in the palette was slightly chalky but I was very happy with the rest. You can always get a good deal on theBalm products from overstock.com or hautelook has them on sale quite a bit. I picked this palette up for $18 and it retails for $35. These are perfect for travelling because they are sturdy and I don't have to worry about losing them since they are so affordable.

on 3/3/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Aww man! I guess I'm the minority when it comes to this palette (literally and figuritively) :p

Sorry, I really don't like this palette. Don't get me wrong, it does have staying power and it doesn't crease even with OUT primer, but sadly on me the colors are VERY dull and muted. Now I noticed that 95% of the ladies that reviewed this palette range from fair to olive and therein lies my problem. I don't think these colors are for dark skinned black women (for reference I'm a NW45). I used the following colors -

Matt Lombardi
Matt Singh
Matt Rosen
Matt Malloy

My eyelids ended up looking a "Matt Grey". :( Bummer because I really really wanted to love this palette! I'll give it a few more tries but I have a feeling this will be a "gift" to one of my fair skinned friends!

Cute pakaging though.

on 8/19/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Excellent pigmentation and very easy to blend. Shadows feel like butter and can create effortless and beautiful looks. It's great to have an all matte palette that gives you a more polished and professional appearance, or a glowing natural look. I'm so impressed with TheBalm quality, it's totally worth the price!

on 3/16/2014 9:13:00 PM

this is another theBalm product i wanted for a long time because of all the hype it got on youtube. there has also been a LOT of hype in the past several years about matte eyeshadows. i got it for about half price on hautelook, so i'm not unhappy i got this. but i rarely use it.

the product is overall very nice -- large pans, large mirror, decent selection of shades, although i agree that at least one of the 2-3 darker-medium browns could have been replaced by a lighter beige or two.

but i have learned that all-matte looks are awful on my fair-skinned Asian features which already appear to lack dimension. My eyes really need a metallic taupe/silver/gold on my lids framed by some purple or brown on outer "V" -- with definite needs for matte cream tone as browbone highlight or matte medium brown in the "crease" (imaginary) to blend out the lid colors.

i definitely do not need an entire huge palette of matte shades for my eyelooks. i'm okay with having this one that i barely use because i only paid around $20 for it.