Philosophy Fresh Cream

Philosophy Fresh Cream

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a big fan of Philosophy Fresh Cream, for when I'm in the mood for something cozy but not overpowering. My sister gave it to me for my birthday last year and I find I've worn it most in the cooler weather months. It's a little more on the vanilla sugar cookie end of the spectrum than something like Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Matin Calin (which to me has a more milky/creamy essence), but at the same time it's not sickeningly sweet. What I appreciate about it is that it's more subdued comfort scent than "everybody else notices" scent; there is a light, fresh quality to it as well so it's a nice combo of cozy and fresh. Its lasting power is just okay, and that's fine with me since I'm tending away from the "bigger" scents these days. (Boyfriend loves it, BTW.)

on 3/25/2017 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wearing Philosophy fragrances for years. Despite some formulation changes, for me they still deliver a clean, light, soapy scent that's appropriate for all occasions. Fresh Cream is a slightly different twist on Philosophy's soapy-notes and products within the Fresh Cream line all smell a little different. I do detect a sweet milky scent, but one that is wrapped up in a decent amount of vanilla. On spray, it somewhat reminds me of a blast Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel with a subtle soap note that eventually comes around on the dry down. In contrast, the Fresh Cream Body Lotion is all Vanilla Bean Noel and Marshmallow (no soap) while the Fresh Cream Shower Gel is more milky vanilla with that beautiful soap note. I LOVE the shower gel; I only wish that it had more of a lasting impact (and that the rest of the line smelled like it). I like this enough to purchase it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Fresh Cream is a Vanilla,Cream perfume...Vanilla Perfumes are a favorite for me...Love Fresh Cream!

on 1/23/2017 11:01:00 PM

Yay!!! Ive been looking forever for a vanilla fragrance that doesn't make me want to hurl. This is a great sweet & simple scent that would be awesome for layering. I always wear light/crisp fragrances (they seem to agree better w/my chemistry & don't trigger as many migraines) but I love this for a nice change. My husband and kids noticed right away I smelled different & all loved it. i noticed a lil something extra w/the vanilla like toasted marshmallow maybe? Anyway it's very sweet yet soft & just well done. Happy I bought this

on 3/10/2016 7:54:00 AM

I absolutely love the way this smells! It is a very sweet vanilla scent but with a twist of something else I can't quite put my finger on. My husband said it smells like skittles to him but I didn't really pick up on that scent. The only problem with this is that since it is a "spray fragrance" rather than Eau de Parfum it does not last very long :( I don't mind reapplying it a couple times a day but it makes it go faster and for the price I paid for it ($49 for the 4 OZ size) it is a bit pricey. I think it is a great sweet, sophisticated fragrance that is not obnoxious and artificial smelling like some sweet fragrances tend to be.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

for the price, this is a disappointment. its very generic lacks any sort of milkyness or depth; smells like nothing more than a drugstore bodyspray.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I just bought it Friday and I'm so glad I did. When I sprayed it, it immediately brought me back to the Tutti Dolce line in Creme Brûlée that Bath & Body Works had come out with years ago. If you were a fan of that I think you will love this. It has such a nice vanilla scent that is light and fresh and not overly sweet with a hint of caramel. It isn't the longest lasting but it does last several hours on me. I don't mind reapplying because it smells that good. Definitely for those gourmand/vanilla lovers otherwise you may not like this. I may get the rollerball to take in my purse to help it last longer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Meh. This is a basic vanilla with a hint of cloying sweet ice cream. Not really fresh or milky. There are way better vanilla scents out there for a less expensive price. The previous reviewer described it perfectly.

on 8/2/2015 9:34:00 PM

Fresh Cream . I can see the appeal . Milky creamy. I read that some find this smells like a vanilla protein milkshake. I find that to be an exaggeration .
it does smell milky and creamy but a touch synthetic.
And I find it fairly lasting ...to my surprise.
There are better milky ' cream ' scents to be found ...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love! yum! not too heavy so it's great to wear to the office!

Popular Fragrances