Philosophy Fresh Cream

Philosophy Fresh Cream

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

for the price, this is a disappointment. its very generic lacks any sort of milkyness or depth; smells like nothing more than a drugstore bodyspray.

on 3/10/2016 7:54:00 AM

I absolutely love the way this smells! It is a very sweet vanilla scent but with a twist of something else I can't quite put my finger on. My husband said it smells like skittles to him but I didn't really pick up on that scent. The only problem with this is that since it is a "spray fragrance" rather than Eau de Parfum it does not last very long :( I don't mind reapplying it a couple times a day but it makes it go faster and for the price I paid for it ($49 for the 4 OZ size) it is a bit pricey. I think it is a great sweet, sophisticated fragrance that is not obnoxious and artificial smelling like some sweet fragrances tend to be.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I just bought it Friday and I'm so glad I did. When I sprayed it, it immediately brought me back to the Tutti Dolce line in Creme Brûlée that Bath & Body Works had come out with years ago. If you were a fan of that I think you will love this. It has such a nice vanilla scent that is light and fresh and not overly sweet with a hint of caramel. It isn't the longest lasting but it does last several hours on me. I don't mind reapplying because it smells that good. Definitely for those gourmand/vanilla lovers otherwise you may not like this. I may get the rollerball to take in my purse to help it last longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love! yum! not too heavy so it's great to wear to the office!

on 8/2/2015 9:34:00 PM

Fresh Cream . I can see the appeal . Milky creamy. I read that some find this smells like a vanilla protein milkshake. I find that to be an exaggeration .
it does smell milky and creamy but a touch synthetic.
And I find it fairly lasting ...to my surprise.
There are better milky ' cream ' scents to be found ...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Meh. This is a basic vanilla with a hint of cloying sweet ice cream. Not really fresh or milky. There are way better vanilla scents out there for a less expensive price. The previous reviewer described it perfectly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

like snorting powder sugar...with a very linear synthetic vanilla drydown. headache inducing.

on 1/7/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Creamy deliciousness with a sweet, milky dry down. Got a good deal on mine when I purchased through Ebay.

on 1/2/2015 8:44:00 AM

This is a straightforward vanilla fragrance cut with a slightly fresh or clean note which just takes the edge off the sweetness. I don't detect any of the caramel/crme brulee overtones that have been cited in reviews elsewhere, and I also disagree that this fragrance has no silage - I can always smell it on my skin the day after application, so all I can think is that reviewers who say it doesn't last have somehow become inured to the scent.

As a reference point, I have worn quite a number of vanilla based fragrances including Jo Malone's Vanilla Anise, Annick Goutal's Vanille Equise, L'Occitane's Vanilla, and Lush Vanillary. Of these, I prefer the Jo Malone fragrance because the anise significantly reins in the sugary vanilla, and I feel that Fresh Cream, whilst not having that liquorice note, also successfully downplays the sweetness just very slightly with it's cool clean edge. The other vanilla fragrances on my CV I found pleasant on first application but too sweet to find a permanent home in my collection.

I rate this product highly because it is both comforting and clean which is not an easy combination to achieve - warm, woody fragrances are appealing and sexy, yet don't often impart that just out of the shower feeling which somehow this does.

on 11/13/2014 10:46:00 AM

I bought this without having an opportunity to smell it, since at that time, my local Sephora and Nordstrom weren't carrying it yet. Every review I read just made it sound so delicious, and I am a huge fan of pure grace. Well, fragrances are about the most subjective thing we can review, but I can tell you I didn't find it at all delicious. It smelled cheap, artificial and plasticky.

Popular Fragrances