Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation
Lock-It Powder FoundationLock-It Powder FoundationLock-It Powder FoundationLock-It Powder Foundation

3.8

Talc, Nylon-12, Mica, Kaolin, Isoamyllaurate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Polyester-4, 1,2-Hexanediol,Caprylyl Glycol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethiconol. May Contain:Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

on 8/31/2017 12:42:00 PM

I really like this powder foundation, I made the mistake of going to dark so I can't actually return but I did try this out and it is a very good PF, it provides medium to full coverage and conceals well, I didn't find it too powdery or cakey, it was just a smooth matte finish. My fav PF is mac studio fix power Plus foundation but I would definitely go for this one if the studio fix ever got discontinued.

on 4/29/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the powder bettet than the liquid. The shades are spot on, too. This makes my face flawless. Good in warm weather, too. No problem with cakey or accenting lines. Getting the shade right and application makes all the difference!

on 2/28/2017 1:49:00 PM

FINALLY a decent powder foundation has entered my life. This product actually has coverage. I repeat - coverage.

What's good about that, aside from the obvious, is that you can apply a lighter layer than you'd have to with more sheer powders, helping to avoid the cakey/powdery look. I like to use concealer on trouble spots under this, or something light like a BB or my tinted sunscreen, but I can definitely get away with nothing underneath. I have oily skin and this has alright oil control (in February, let's see what's up come July), but I still get shiny. Nothing a little blotting can't fix. It lasts most of the day and hasn't broken me out. I usually use a fixing spray with it to minimize powderiness so I'm sure that helps with longevity. But even without that it sticks around more than others I've tried - my skin seems to eat powder foundations, it's so weird.

I recommend applying with a fluffier brush vs. a dense one, like a flat-top kabuki. I use an It Cosmetics loose powder brush. You'll get enough coverage and it won't look cakey this way. Also, watch your problem spots (for me, corners of nose and under chin). You'll have to apply more carefully there but once you get the hang of avoiding cake-face, you'll appreciate this product's coverage and longevity.

Even though I'm an oil slick, this looks best with nicely moisturized skin. The packaging is pretty, sturdy, and functional. It's $36...so up there, but I think it'll last a while. Let's see, what else? Oh, there are a wide range of shades but it can be tricky to find your match. I had to get one that looks way too light in the pan but is the correct shade on my face. Definitely try it on first and check it out in different lights. I haven't noticed any oxidation. Try this!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this a few weeks ago after reading many good reviews on it,.I only use powder foundation (liquids look awful on me) I'm really liking it, the only thing for me is with this one the coverage isn't as good as my Mac studio fix powder foundation so I sometimes put a tinted moisturiser underneath and it looks very nice, not dry or powdery looking, great shade range and lovely packaging, I use my flat top kabuki brush (use that with all my foundations) and goes on nice and smooth leaving a nice coverage.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't recommend this powder. It looks good when you put it on but as the day goes on it gets splotchy and orange in places. The color gets more orange as the day goes on.

on 4/24/2017 11:17:00 PM

I found it didn't look smooth. It was cakey and powdery looking on. Not as great of coverage as I would have liked either

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not for this oily face! Looks very pretty initially, not a true matte but in between matte and satin. I thought it was slightly cakey even very lightly applied with a soft It Cosmetics brush but quickly became shiny even with a couple of different primers and sunscreens tried. Color applies lighter than it appears. Back to Sephora to exchange for my beloved MUFE DuoMat! Case was hard to open and heavy, too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok- there are a lot of reviews talking about this powder being cakey. I can honestly say "you're right"- because you're applying it incorrectly. Because this foundation is very pigmented, and because there are certain ingredients that improve wear time and (to a certain degree) sweat resistance, it can very easily be over applied. When I first switched to this foundation, it was because I wanted full coverage to conceal my rosacea without having to use 3 different products (green color corrector, concealer and foundation). I was using the Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush- which is very dense and somewhat firm bristle texture. It picks up a lot of product very easily- and for this foundation that was just over-kill. It did look cakey and thick especially overt the pores on my cheeks. Because caked product means "stacked product," it was also very easily transferable to my collar and even my fingers. I decided to apply it with my Sephora Collection Classic Multitasker Brush #45 because it is softer, less dense, and allows more control over the amount of product that I pick up at once. The technique that seems to work best is to buff on a light layer of product, in circular strokes. Once I have an evenly blended layer, if I need more concealment over my broken capillaries (or the spots that I frequently flush) I gently pat with the (same brush) small amounts of product till it is just concealed, them buff/blend with circular motions till even. I also use Urban Decay setting spray (all three types work the same, and have the same active ingredients so it doesn't matter which one you choose). This results in very natural looking coverage for me. I get comments on how great and silky my skin looks, not how good my makeup looks. Give it a try.

on 1/26/2017 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love how smooth this powder is and I also thought the coverage was good (buildable without looking too cakey). Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain this stuff broke me out. Normal breakouts for me happen right around my period and consist of 1-3 cystic pimples around my chin. While using Lock-It, my skin broke out in smaller pimples in various places, which is a classic reaction my skin has whenever I use something on it that it doesn't agree with. The color I had was definitely a bit too dark on me; I am NC15-NC20 in MAC and the Sephora associate had me try the Light 44 or 45, but I also felt it looked more orange-y as the day went on, so I guess it oxidizes on my skin. I may have tried the lightest shade, Light 42, but the pimples and oxidizing I experienced made me change my mind. I tried this foundation for somewhere between 3-5 days to make sure I really gave it a shot and I applied it using a Pro Flawless Airbrush Brush from Sephora. I felt the price was a bit, steep, too.

Summary:

Pros
-Smooth powder
-Nice, buildable coverage
-Lovely packaging

Cons
-Broke me out
-Oxidized
-Pricey

on 1/21/2017 6:59:00 PM

Ok, after MAC studio plus and G Armani powder, I thought I don't need to test drive yet another powder foundation ( have been kept doing that for the past 22 years!).

But I did. And finally. The color match here. 48! Neither MAC and GA have my colour, but close enough.

If The color selection MAC or GA provided don't fit you. Try this.

This gives more coverage than MAC or G Armani , which I can sheer it out a bit by using brush instead of sponge.