Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.9

Talc, Nylon-12, Mica, Kaolin, Isoamyllaurate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Polyester-4, 1,2-Hexanediol,Caprylyl Glycol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethiconol. May Contain:Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's beautiful.... Just doesn't last in the tZone. Everywhere else amazing, but by the end of the day my t zone is an oily mess.

I bought Light 45 to replace my MAC studio fix powders.

Pros:
shade is in between MAC NC20-25
finely milled
buildable coverage

Cons:
softly pressed so lots of product gets kicked up
need to use a lot to get fuller coverage
drying
oxidizes/not long lasting

I wanted to see if it would oxidize so I wore MAC studio fix powder in NC30 on half of my face and Light 45 on the other half and took a nap. When I woke up and checked the mirror, Light 45 had turned into the same shade as the NC30 side except for a few small areas where it had settled into my pores. I like that the KVD foundation is in between NC20-25, but in every other aspect it's not as good as the MAC formula, so I think I will return it.

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like the color and coverage when I first put it on but it doesn't last very long. Better than other pressed powders I have tried. I will keep this until I find something better.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

ATTN light skinned Aussie girls! If you are light skinned and want to purchase of the Sephora Aus website, light 49 is way lighter than light 46! I went to Sephora seeing as light 46 looked too dark on the website, and as light 44 was sold out, I tried the other colours and I thought I was crazy when I discovered light 49 was shades lighter than 46. 46 is kind of a deepish pink toned ivory, and 49 is a light toned neutral slightly pink ivory. I'm more yellow/neutral but this works. I've only tried this for a day.. But it looks really natural.. not powdery at all, which is really strange! Love the packaging. (That may be the only reason I bought it :P) But yeah. If you found 46 too dark, definitely try 49. Or if available 44.

on 1/20/2016 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this powder foundation. My HG is still Palladio herbal wet/dry powder foundation but this is a 2nd and I switch between the two. The coverage is great, it's about a medium with a light application. I've tried applying 2 layers to build it up to full coverage but that wasn't the greatest idea. It cakes if you try to build it up but a light dusting is really enough to conceal red spots. It wears well throughout the day with a primer. I get oily with this but I just blot the oil away and the powder keeps on looking good. My pores were covered up and I didn't feel like I even had foundation on. Definitely would repurchase.

on 1/19/2016 9:29:00 PM

What a weird product. Some days, it's incredible; other days, I look like a snake shedding its face off. I think it may have to do with the weather. It definitely doesn't hold up to Canadian winter... I think the extreme cold might cause the powder to crack while I'm wearing it. Otherwise, it's great. I'm interested to see how it holds up in the summer. It seems to stay put while whipping snow blasts my face, so it might be fairly water-resistant. The coverage is almost full. I apply it with a kabuki brush and pat it on. It lasts well with a silicone-based setting powder, but does seem to dry my skin out despite the fact that there is no oil control. I think it might be one of those products that reacts differently to each skin type.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm so in love with this powder! I was a die hard studio fix girl up until just this month. Kat Von D has the most amazing color selection for us fair skinned girls and her line saved my life once my NW10 starter looking too pink. I wear this over her foundation in Light 42 and it looks completely flawless. It's a very heavy duty powder that provides the best matte finish I've ever seen. My skin looks doll like with this on but I can't even tell I'm wearing it. It's silky and light feeling while providing full coverage. Her whole line is also vegan and cruelty free! Highly recommend this product to anyone but particularly to fair skinned girls who like me has a more neutral undertone. Kat does pale without doing pink and that's honestly something every other brand needs to take a look at.

on 12/13/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this to set Kat's liquid and love it for that purpose. I had to use shade 49 in this and 44 in liquid. It is ok on its own but it is awesome used lightly to set the liquid. I have had it for nearly a year and still have a lot left. I don't use this everyday I tend to switch up foundations constantly.

Fine powder foundation. Not my colour but I may use it during summer.

on 11/13/2015 10:04:00 PM

I got the light 42 and it's the perfect match. This powder is smooth and velvety. I love it, it makes my skin look flawless