73%

$44.00 on Dermstore
Shop Now

Reviews

7 months ago

I love this powder for setting my Koh Gen Do Moisture foundation. It sets it in place without totally taking away the glow. Doesn’t dry out the skin or make it look cakey. Best powder for mature skin.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

This is my go to foundation. I don't like the look or feel of heavy coverage , so I'm not certain you'll like this is you want super heavy coverage. I love everything about this. It's apparently good for skin and it feels like it's good for skin when it's on. It's a product you can use all year round. The packaging is fancy and sturdy. The sponge it comes with actually works! I didn't ever bother with a primer yet my skin always looked great wearing this. It's super quick and easy to apply and has great staying power. I am using a different brand at the moment because my last one finished and the colour on the case wasn't my actual colour. I threw away the refill pan with the colour on the bottom and have since forgotten it. Where I live I'd have to order online and guess my shade, so I'll wait until I'm near a bricks and mortar store selling it and it'll be the first thing I get!! I also really like their lip balm although looking on their website it seems like the lemon one I used to use has been discontinued.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

I am dry-acne prone and with well-moisturized and primed skin, this powder looks fantastic and lasts all day. Warm Sienna is perfect for NC25. On the pricey side but well worth it.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

I love powder foundations more than any other type. The good ones are truly invisible and this is the only type of foundation that gives me a natural looking great skin. My skin is sensitive, normal to dry, dehydrated. I hate this powder! No other powder foundation has ever performed on my skin like this one or looked as bad on photos. In one hour it settled into every line I've got. In two hours it has found its way into pores and the lines I have no idea I had on my face. Bare in mind I do not have any visible pores, but this foundation found something to settle into. I never knew I had some tiny hair on my face, thanks to Jane Iredale now I'm aware that my face is covered in ultrathin 1/16 inch hair. Four hours later all the foundation was pretty much gone. I believe oily skin types can benefit from using this powder, but anyone with skin similar to mine should stay away. P.S. I've tried using two tones on my NC25 skin - Satin (turned out too ashy), Golden Glow (too warm, still a bit ashy). Jane Iredale has a great shade range, but I personally can find a better match within 6 shades of La Prairie.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

I am a certified makeup junkie, I love good performing makeup, and I use all price points. I prefer to wear powder foundations primarily in the summer time. I had heard really good things about this powder foundation over the years, from sources that I trust. Both Wayne Goss and Tati (of YouTube) have raved about this powder foundation, so I thought it was a sure thing that I would love it. I purchased this, and I was immediately surprised by the amount of kickback this has. I dip my Sonia G. mineral foundation brush in and the pan resembled footage of the ABH Subculture palette kickback. Okay, I could get past that if the foundation performs well. Every time I have used this, within 3 hours my face looks absolutely awful. Cake face. Separation. I tried using different moisturizers and primers, thinking that might help, but nope. I need my powder foundation to become one with my skin, and not sit on top of it and separate. This is a complete pass for me, and it is a real shame, because it is not cheap. I much prefer the Lancome, Laura Gellar, Pur Minerals and Bare Minerals powder foundations over this one. I am SO disappointed. I also find it extremely unethical that the Jane Iredale website (which is where I bought the foundation from), will not let you post a review without consenting to have your review changed or deleted by them if they do not like what you say. That is extremely shady to me. I know that people truly DO love this product, but I am not one of them and I should be able to warn others of my experience with it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

I wanted to switch from bare minerals to Jane Iridale, liked that this powder was compact and mattifying. But unfortunately it clogged my pores like crazy. 2-3 whiteheads everyday even when I used oil to wash it off. Not what you would expect from mineral cosmetics especially for the price

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I have been using Jane Iredale foundations for 8 years now and never looked back. + The performance and staying power is fantastic, it never clogs my pores, gives a healthy glow, and looks great throughout the day. + I feel my skin can breathe and I know it's good for me. + A little goes a long way, I apply it with the handi brush and sometimes with flocked sponge to set the under eye concealer. + It has a smooth texture and glides on application + It doesn't dry the skin. + The colour choice is fab, I have a light skin tone with redness and I use Warm Silk. - I dont like the new compact packaging, it is plastic and looks cheap, much preferred the old metal one. I am taking one lip of for that. I use it either on its own over concealer, or on top of JI BB cream and sometimes over Liquid Minerals.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Jane Iredale's pressed foundation is my go-to when I am in a hurry, since the application is very easy. I use the color Bisque. My skin is very fair with neutral to slightly warm undertones (I have some yellow in my skin but can also look ashen). The foundation is buildable, so if you need more coverage, you will want to do a few thin layers, setting each layer with a setting spray. I use the Jane Iredale Pommisst, which is expensive but does an amazing job. I find that a little goes a long way with both the foundation and the setting spray. I have used the Pommisst as a makeup setting spray after finishing my makeup, and it performs well. It leaves a dewy finish. I have found that the foundation can leave a cakey, dry look if it is not set with some kind of spray. Also, I have recently discovered that if you moisturize your face first (I don't use a primer), the foundation looks so much better. My face looks amazing if I moisturize first and then use the pressed foundation followed by the Pommisst. I apply the foundation with a dense, flat-top brush, in downward strokes. I tried using the flat compact pouf thing, but that made the foundation look awful. My skin is normal to dry, but I think this foundation would be excellent for oily skin types. I especially like using it in the summer, when I will be sweating, because I dislike using liquid foundations in the summer. I wasn't a fan of the packaging. You are supposed to buy a separate compact to house the pan of foundation. The salesperson told me that you don't need the compact, but the plastic casing that houses the pan of foundation is quite large and does not fit well in my makeup bag. So I ended up having to purchase the compact. Also, the price is high. But a little goes a long way, so you do get what you pay for. I love the fact that this has a decent SPF (I think 20?). No, it's not enough to rely on by itself, but I feel much better knowing that I have extra sun protection on top of my sunscreen.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

from

3 years ago

I've been using this foundation for more than a year and am very happy with it. My skin is fair and tends to go a bit ruddy, and the Warm Silk color works well as it doesn't have any pink undertones. I don't use the foundation for its intended purpose but instead use Jane Iredale's tinted moisturizer as my "foundation", then apply this Pure Pressed Base over my T-zone as a setting powder. It works great in this manner and adds more SPF coverage (the tinted moisturizer has SPF 15) plus helps even out any redness that the tinted moisturizer didn't cover. The foundation powder contains mica, which is a possible skin irritant. I haven't had any problems with my sensitive skin, possibly because of applying it over my tinted moisturizer. I agree with a previous reviewer to hang onto your compacts and just buy the foundation refills.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

My original review for this product was written in 2011, so I decided to delete and update it because obviously if I am still using a product years later, there is something good about it. I have repurchased this stuff many times in several shades depending on season including Warm Sienna, Golden Glow, Satin, Amber and Radiant. With the "real" stuff the coverage is decent and it is one of the few brands that doesn't break me out as well as providing decent coverage and some sun protection. It is also recommended by my derm as a product that is non-irritating to acne prone and post procedure skin. Unlike most mineral makeup, it does not emphasize fine lines nor make your skin look dry. If anything, letting it "set" on skin makes it look even more natural and blends it in. It has always been pretty pricey at around $42 USD wnd while it IS possible to find it on the internet for around $30, source seems to affect the quality of the product. I have gotten some "off" batches from various places that caused me to question whether they had changed their product or it was now not suited to me. I can't be sure if I was getting fakes or old product, but it did not work the same. Because of this, online I now only purchase it from the official website even if it is a bit more expensive or purchase locally at my derm. The major con with this line aside from the crazy high price has always been its limited availability outside of spas and the internet. Also be aware that they HAVE changed the product cases that the refills go in to a cheapy plastic one, so if you have one of the old metal ones you will want to keep it.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm